Halloween Mafia 2021 - The Party Trap - Day 7

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
moody7277

Re: Halloween Mafia 2021 - The Party Trap

Post by moody7277 »

With the deadline at a reasonable hour for me, I'll be up until then.
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

Unofficial Votals:
Seven (3) - Moody, somitomi, Wam
Wam (3) - LaserGuy, Seven

Not voting: bessie, Suzaku, The Snide Sniper

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Dusk starts in under 13 hours.

I've had three solid days of emergency fixes and running around with my tail on fire. I'm going to attempt a reread of D3 from now, but I'm not sure how compus mentis I'll be by the time I finish it. At least I hope to be able to break the current tie.

I'll be awake at deadline, but likely in meetings so not able to respond.
Pronouns: he/him/his
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it.
Some can avoid it. Geniuses remove it.
-- Perlis's Programming Proverb #58, SIGPLAN Notices, Sept. 1982
bessie

Post by bessie »

For now, so everyone knows where my head's at.

Vote: somitomi

I should be home about a half hour before deadline.
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

I'd vote for Seven, but was told L-1 is bad.
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

The Snide Sniper wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:30 pm I'd vote for Seven, but was told L-1 is bad.
Well, to be fair Suzaku would be the only remaining outstanding vote in that case and:

a. He's overwhelmingly likely to be town
b. He's said he's not likely to get back to the keyboard anyway

Stating your intention at this time is good enough.
Wam

Post by Wam »

The Snide Sniper wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:30 pm I'd vote for Seven, but was told L-1 is bad.
At this stage it's a lot less bad as long as you state that we are at L-1. Also all mafia communities have different views on this. That's a debate for another day though.

But as long as your around close to deadline knowing your position is enough.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Got distracted halfway through then got ninjad by moody.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

2x Vote somitomi

I will probably be busy with children's bedtime at right deadline, but I'll try to check in a little before.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:27 pm For now, so everyone knows where my head's at.

I should be home about a half hour before deadline.
If you think somi is scum, what do you think of TSS and his result?
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Just did a reread of somi and he was open with there being a resurrectionist from early on. And I don't think it makes sense for cultSomi to claim to have resurrected suzaku outright. Additionally, even if somi is cult leader, I don't think it makes sense to eliminate him without evidence that the cult count has increased. And with what Suzaku pointed out about how Madge is treating recruitment this game, a necromancer cult leader simply isn't that much of a threat since it can be easily tracked.

Wam is a better choice.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@bessie the cult count increasing is like a free investigation, so by eliminating another possible cult leader candidate (wam), you're taking out two birds with one stone. Eliminating somi is like eliminating a free investigation.

@somi you think I'm mafia correct? Care to try to eliminate cult leader and vote wam if bessie and Laser switch to him?
Seven (she, him, their)
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

So does LaserGuy have a role that gives them extra voting power?
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

The Snide Sniper wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:01 pm So does LaserGuy have a role that gives them extra voting power?
That's pretty much confirmed by this official vote count.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

The Snide Sniper wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:01 pm So does LaserGuy have a role that gives them extra voting power?
Yup.
moody7277 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:37 pm Nobody else wants to vote somi, and the survivor's win condition trumps everybody's so I figure we need to get rid of them to get to a clean game.
Funny that even though somi is now a viable wagon, you are still voting for your Survivor candidate.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:54 pm Funny that even though somi is now a viable wagon, you are still voting for your Survivor candidate.
We've got six and a half hours until deadline. I am a bit surprised that you and bessie decided to switch to him. Part of me feels like your taking pity on me for following my suggestion. The only thing is we're possibly not going to get a flip on somi D4, even though there would be other telltales if he is the luckless cult master. I figure I can pull the trigger on it with about two hours before end of day.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Busy evening for me. Unless I cant sleep this will be my last post today.

Dont think somi is the right choice. I believe snides claim. Would much prefer seven over somi.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

^ L-1, roughly an hour and 15 minutes left. No hammers please. bessie said she'd be on half an hour before deadline.
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

Literally just walked in the door and straight to my computer. Catching up now.

Quote ping. This is somitomi’s last post (more than 3 days ago).
somitomi wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:57 pm
somitomi wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:56 pm Out of my head, six months showered clean and set
Ignore this, I mixed up my tabs
Are you going to post or have you checked out?
bessie

Post by bessie »

Unofficial Votals:
Seven (2) - somitomi, Wam
Wam (1) - Seven
somitomi (4) – bessie, LaserGuy, moody

Not voting: Suzaku, The Snide Sniper

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

It should be ok for you to vote now, if you still want to vote for Seven or for anyone else. If you want to vote for somitomi, just state your intention without actually voting yet.
bessie

Post by bessie »

LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:49 am I don't think he's cult leader. I think it's probably Wam (or maybe bessie is right and it is somi after all). I'm thinking Survivor!TSS felt it was better to claim and avoid being yeeted under the assumption mafia wouldn't be keen on using two kills on him. OTOH, for any other non-mafia alignment, given that TSS is a newbie and I don't get the sense is really playing to win at this point, I think it's possible he didn't consider the strategic benefits (or lackthereof) of claiming all that strongly. Mafia!TSS I do not believe would have claimed unless his partner was already dead as presumably he would have been told it was a bad idea.
I like these thoughts.

Wam wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:25 am
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:18 am.
Wam wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:30 am Which sends me off on a tangent that I want to look into. cult leader bessie....
I look forward to reading your case.
To be clear this is a project for the next game day I don't have time before deadline and then as stated I'm away.
Got it. This remark was just to throw some shade.

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:05 pm If you think somi is scum, what do you think of TSS and his result?
I have already hinted that I think his role is too powerful for this game, see here: viewtopic.php?p=9075#p9075

So, I think he’s lying, or his results are not true, or his targets have a way of manipulating his results, or something else.

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:00 pm @bessie the cult count increasing is like a free investigation, so by eliminating another possible cult leader candidate (wam), you're taking out two birds with one stone. Eliminating somi is like eliminating a free investigation.
My little puppy brain is having trouble figuring out what you mean here.

Wam wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:07 pm Dont think somi is the right choice. I believe snides claim. Would much prefer seven over somi.
Underlined is suspicious. Wam is an experienced player and mod. Snide Sniper can be telling the truth and the results can be manipulated.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:12 am
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:00 pm @bessie the cult count increasing is like a free investigation, so by eliminating another possible cult leader candidate (wam), you're taking out two birds with one stone. Eliminating somi is like eliminating a free investigation.
My little puppy brain is having trouble figuring out what you mean here.
To start, what do you think somi's alignment is?
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

One of the indy roles. I think that is how somitomi is playing. Trying to get by, not making waves. No strong scum reads except you, who should have been safe, as in you should have been an easy lynch for the past two days.

If Snide Sniper is telling the truth, it would make sense to have Godfather Cult leader (with the recruits investigating as cult). Probably Survivor too. A true all alignment cop is too powerful. We might also have a miller (yes, one that is unaware he is a miller).
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:23 am One of the indy roles. I think that is how somitomi is playing. Trying to get by, not making waves. No strong scum reads except you, who should have been safe, as in you should have been an easy lynch for the past two days.

If Snide Sniper is telling the truth, it would make sense to have Godfather Cult leader (with the recruits investigating as cult). Probably Survivor too. A true all alignment cop is too powerful. We might also have a miller (yes, one that is unaware he is a miller).
And if he is cult leader, how do you think he recruits?
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

I haven't completely worked it out. I'm only good for one thorough tunnel at a time, and for D3 that was you and jimbobmacdoodle.