Millerizer Mafia - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Millerizer Mafia - Day 3

Post by Seven »

With 5 alive it takes 3 to eliminate.

Not voting (5): bessie, madge, Fred, Sabrar, Makhaira
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
madge

Post by madge »

Welcome, Makhaira!
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Post by Freddino18 »

WAT
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

@Makhaira: Are you the Cop?
Diana's boytoy.
madge

Post by madge »

Uh, they probably shouldn't answer that. Why do you want to know Fred?
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

Was hoping to set off a cascading series of cop counter-claims to try to solve.
Diana's boytoy.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

Starting on my rereading session in order to update read list.
Diana's boytoy.
madge

Post by madge »

cascading? we'd only have three max (cop + mafia + milleriser), which i would personally find HILARIOUS

thinking about our opportunities to solve this game - whether the cop is useful and if so how

open the spoiler for a long aside before I realised I was getting super side-tracked, may contain useful info, so click on the spoiler to read through it. Note I don't necessarily stand by everything in there after thinking a bit longer:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
3v1v1 <--- now

Worst case, if we vote off town today then tomorrow we end up with one of the following [my thoughts on potential claims redacted] :
2v1v0 <- mafia has to convince town to side with them
2v0v1 <- miller either wins outright or has to convince town to vote out the non-miller
1v1v1 <- miller either wins outright or town unwittingly plays kingmaker between miller and mafia

I need to back up a bit and calculate the Milleriser threat level: Worst case could have 3 living targets plus the cop millered by now, this would mean that the milleriser has already won, which hasn't happened. Best case, millered the elim/NK/cop/godfather/hitman each day, which means that they'd be left with today's target, so either 2 millers or 1 miller (super-duper-best case is they tried to miller the cop which means our position isn't made worse)

tl;dr we have between 1 and 3 millers - any guilty result could be because they were made into a miller or are the hitman (cop can't self-investigate or at least shouldn't). any innocent result could be because they are innocent or because they *are the milleriser*. we have no real way of knowing how many millers there are. I *think* we have 2 or 3, as 1 would be very unlucky for the milleriser.

I was going to go through the two miller and three miller cases and the voteoffs but i havej ust now realised that i'm doing one of my pointless deep dives especially because there's so many permutations.
So, I'll simplify it:

Tomorrow we will have 3 living players, and if one of them is the milleriser and the game hasn't ended, there's a possibility that 1 other person is a miller (either a target, or the cop)... oh god town will *always* have a miller because we'll *always* have a cop and because the milleriser targets at dawn...

IF THE MILLERISER KNOWS WHO THE COP IS, THE MILLERISER WINS, because they will millerise the other player.

Therefore, cop, do NOT claim today.

Sorry Fred no cascade of counterclaims.
Freddino18

Re: Millerizer Mafia - Day 1

Post by Freddino18 »

Seven wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:44 pm Hammer, no more posting. For the future, you may indeed continue posting after a hammer until I've declared it.
Sabrar Unvoted Day 1 prior to Somi's vote. There was a miscount. I KNEW something was weird about Somi's vote. Somi genuinely got the count right.

Can't change the past, and Sabrar specifically stated they would re-vote at EOD, so it wouldn't have changed results, but the lack of content was a real blow.
Diana's boytoy.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

bessie wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:51 pmFred, you can sort posts by author it makes it a lot easier.
YES PLEASE! SHOW ME THE WAY, WISE ONE OF THE MANY LICE.
Diana's boytoy.
madge

Post by madge »

near the "post reply" button there's a wrench button and then a button with an arrow and some dashes, the arrow/dashes button lets you sort by author
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

That is horrifying and completely against the point of me writing my chronological summary
Diana's boytoy.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

(btw the summary has meta-commentary in it, and is in an easily editable format, which is why I didn't post along with my Day 1 reads. I can post a sanitized version if anyone really wants a Bizzarro version of the thread)

Side note: Close to the end of Day 1, adding to the summary starting after my read list. Hopefully 2 and 3 will be faster due to EGW not being around to spam posts. Like, seriously, just post a wall of text. And I know I'm doing it here, but at least I'm not posting individual replies piecemeal.
Diana's boytoy.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

Freddino18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:08 am
Seven wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:44 pm Hammer, no more posting. For the future, you may indeed continue posting after a hammer until I've declared it.
Sabrar Unvoted Day 1 prior to Somi's vote. There was a miscount. I KNEW something was weird about Somi's vote. Somi genuinely got the count right.

Can't change the past, and Sabrar specifically stated they would re-vote at EOD, so it wouldn't have changed results, but the lack of content was a real blow.
Never mind
Diana's boytoy.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

Sabrar wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:58 pmVote: Court

I assume you will do so anyways but please pester the others to post content.
This is as far as I've gotten tonight, my current reads at this point are:
Town
Bessie
Prince J/Makhaira

Mafia
Sabrar

Millerizer
Madge

This is not taking anything else into account except for general feelings and the rapid dogpiling of Court on D1, paying particular attention to the successive votes of Heury and Sabrar, and Madge's promise not to vote for Court except in self-preservation, followed by her voting for Court over a scummier read two of her posts later.

Not voting at this point, but pending heavy town pings from my reading tomorrow, I will most likely be voting for Madge.

This is in no way final, and I urge Bessie and J in particular to not vote for me at least until after I've posted my actual reads tomorrow.

Going to bed now.
Diana's boytoy.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

Bessie and Makhaira*
Diana's boytoy.
madge

Post by madge »

I don't recall saying I wouldn't vote for Court except in self-preservation. Where'd I say that?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

The deadline has been extended 24 hours. The new deadline is Thursday, March 30th, 11 pm PDT.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

madge wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:48 pmI won't be voting for you except out of self-preservation. I think this breakdown is coming from a townie place.

yw
Here, followed by this post:
madge wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:42 am
Prince J wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:38 am
madge wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:49 pmEBWOP

Town: Bessie, Sabrar, EGW, Fred, court
Others: somi, heury, prince (NOT scum, just "I don't have a town ping from you")

in particular Prince hasn't made much impression on me. all light, no heat, kind of thing.
Could you go more into the pink bit?
I feel like you're making a lot of posts without really saying anything, if that makes sense? The impression I have from you is that you're talking to your friends and having a great time and not trying. I'm sure you are trying but you haven't left an impression on me which says something. Hope that makes some sort of vague sense?

@bessie I'm seeing frenchies everywhere and I think they look like goblins, you deserve to be the most popular!

I had a heck of a day and I'm out of energy. Fred has rallied so hard I'd suspect him of getting coaching from his mafia partner if they had daychat, which they don't (or I am pretty sure they don't from my last reading of the thread)

Thanks Sabrar for reading the game - very intruiged that Court resigned as scum in a similar way to now. My only townread on court was from the un-scummy way they responded to being on the chopping block, and now I hear it's scummy, they may actually be my scumread?

Vote: court

Do we have vote counts btw?

I will post in about 12-14 hours and only get one or two posts in, btw. Problem with weekend deadlines that are at noon local time - I will be at a vegan fish & chip shop as the deadline ticks over.
Now, that post in particular has seen a lot of scrutiny, and you've answered a lot of the questions asked therein, but I would like to ask again, why did you vote Court over Somi, Heury, or Prince J?
Diana's boytoy.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

Looks like I'm not going to get my reads out by the end of the day, so I did some skimming, and have not found anything that changes my current reads. As it is a possible Millerizer MYLO, I will be voting my Millerizer read.

Vote: Madge

I will be on later today and tomorrow, but at the rate I'm going, I will not be able to catch up without drastic changes to my sleep schedule.
Diana's boytoy.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

I agree with Fred that Millerizer is the more immediate threat. I also agree that Madge is a good possibility for that role. However I am extremely reluctant to let Prince J/Makhaira stay alive when they have contributed absolutely nothing to the game since D1.
I'm glad we got the extension, let's hope for the final time that there will be some development. Also bessie didn't post last night. :(
madge

Post by madge »

Freddino18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:02 pm
madge wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:48 pmI won't be voting for you except out of self-preservation. I think this breakdown is coming from a townie place.

yw
Oh right! I changed my mind when Sabrar pointed out that he'd had that sort of breakdown as scum before. Sorry, my bad. I think I explained it pretty well in the post you quoted, but to specifically respond to you:
Freddino18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:02 pm why did you vote Court over Somi, Heury, or Prince J?
Because my reason to townread Court was because I thought scum wouldn't make a series of "breakdowns" like that, and I believed Sabrar when he said that Court had done that same behaviour as scum, so now it became a scumtell, if that makes sense.

I feel at a loss for this game, Prince J contributed nothing and I feel like Makhaira is going to really struggle to overcome that, but hopefully they'll come up with *something* that will at least inform a read tomorrow. I always seem to end up surviving to the last day and I don't want to have to choose between Prince J and {someone who has actually made an effort} because that's an impossible choice. ugggggh.
madge

Post by madge »

EBWOP fixed quotes
Freddino18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:02 pm

yw
Oh right! I changed my mind when Sabrar pointed out that he'd had that sort of breakdown as scum before. Sorry, my bad. I think I explained it pretty well in the post you quoted, but to specifically respond to you:
Freddino18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:02 pm why did you vote Court over Somi, Heury, or Prince J?
Because my reason to townread Court was because I thought scum wouldn't make a series of "breakdowns" like that, and I believed Sabrar when he said that Court had done that same behaviour as scum, so now it became a scumtell, if that makes sense.

I feel at a loss for this game, Prince J contributed nothing and I feel like Makhaira is going to really struggle to overcome that, but hopefully they'll come up with *something* that will at least inform a read tomorrow. I always seem to end up surviving to the last day and I don't want to have to choose between Prince J and {someone who has actually made an effort} because that's an impossible choice. ugggggh.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Very brief catch-up bark. I’m going out and will be back in a few hours.

Thank you Makhaira for replacing, we very much appreciate it.

Madge, Fred, your focus on the millerizer game mechanics is active lurky. Who’s scum?
Pre-post edit: Fred posted some non-mechanics content.

Freddino18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:19 am YES PLEASE! SHOW ME THE WAY, WISE ONE OF THE MANY LICE.
I object to this characterization. I might have fleas, but no lice. :evil:
ignoring you.jpg
ignoring you.jpg (58.76 KiB) Viewed 264 times
Sabrar wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:33 pm Also bessie didn't post last night. :(
Did you miss me me me? Sorry Sabrar I was tired and forgot to post before I fell asleep.
im here now.PNG
im here now.PNG (149.36 KiB) Viewed 264 times

My reads are unchanged in that I believe Prince J/Makhaira to be mafia, all of which I have previously covered. But I do not want to vote until Makhaira has an opportunity to address my concerns.

I’ve been ignoring the millerizer talk because I have been so busy this week but will try to read it tonight and reply later.
madge

Post by madge »

Prince J is still my scumpick for reasons I've already discussed.

My second choice was originally Sabrar because his vibe is off, and that's still where I lean but I have more issues with Fred from a purely mechanistic perspective. (I will explain what I mean by that tomorrow morning so that way scum can't act on this info).