Millerizer Mafia - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
EGW

Re: Millerizer Mafia - Game Over

Post by EGW »

Freddino18 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:39 am BESSIE YOU ABSOLUTE BUTT
Chill dude. Lylo is never easy, I've been in those situations and chose wrong, and it's simply a game.
madge

Post by madge »

Good game all! Well-played Sabrar, tough luck Heury on getting the guilty N1.

I was so close, I had so much fun!
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Post by Freddino18 »

EGW wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:42 am
Chill dude. Lylo is never easy, I've been in those situations and chose wrong, and it's simply a game.
I did promise to be pissed, this was me fulfilling my promise. Piss done.
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Thank you all for the game, wish I had rolled town.
Sorry bessie, I did take advantage of your propensity for tunneling. :oops:
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Thanks Sabrar for a good game. The whole time I kept second guessing myself of I was talking to him too much or too little.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Dang

Well played, heury & Sabrar!
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Makhaira

Re: Millerizer Mafia - Day 4

Post by Makhaira »

bessie wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:56 am
Makhaira wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:22 am bessie let me know if theres anything else you want from me like Im not trying to muddy the waters I think my solve and rationale for it are very clear but happy to expand on anything you think should be considered
Nothing really. My reread convinced me of what I have believed since Day 1, that your slot is mafia. I’m sorry that there’s nothing else you can say to convince me otherwise, but I do want to say that your content was good enough for me to reconsider and spend the weekend thinking about it.

Vote: Makhaira
Well RIP, I tried atleast but I guess there wasnt really anything else I could have reasonably done to change your mind. Now seeing the flips hopefully you can see where I was coming from a bit better re: the heury/sabrar interactions

GGs all, thanks for the invite, sorry I couldnt bring it home town, and well played and congrats to the mafia!
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

You did a really good job, Mak! Thanks for filling in!
Diana's boytoy.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Makhaira wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:17 pm GGs all, thanks for the invite, sorry I couldnt bring it home town, and well played and congrats to the mafia!
I think you made the most of the hand you got, thanks for jumping in
madge

Post by madge »

Yeah thank you for joining us, Mak!~ I was upset at the time because it messed up my strategy but the fact remains that without people like you who are willing to replace into games like this, we wouldn't be able to finish, and that would really suck.

Thank you Seven for running this game - seemed very well balanced! I really liked the way the strategy for all the different alignments intersected, with the milleriser having to target strategically and then sway the vote and mafia having to try to find and get town to vote out the milleriser, and at night toss up between the merits of killing milleriser vs killing likely-millers vs killing likely-cops.

And of course you have poor town who have to try and unwind the different flavours of scum while interpreting cop results that are tainted by who knows how "accurate" a milleriser!

And, how can I forget: the absolute joy of having nothing other than alignment to go from in the flips!!!!
EGW

Post by EGW »

Zen, I would love your critique for my play. I don't know if you guys don't hear this enough but I'm really glad to have been able to play with y'all. I normally don't like to play on other sites but with you guys I'm always down.
bessie

Post by bessie »

wrong bessie.PNG
wrong bessie.PNG (281.02 KiB) Viewed 1306 times

Bark outs!

Court – Sorry I couldn’t find a way to move the elimination off you on Day 1. Please play with us again; I’ll always be ready to hold paws with you.

EGW – I love you George you’re one of my favorite people with whom to play mafia. I knew you were going to get eliminated Night 1 because you’re always such a strong player.

heuristically_alone – Good game I probably wouldn’t have eliminated you so early in the game, but you got some bad luck with somitomi’s exceptional targeting skill.

somitomi – I’m glad I decided to implement a new policy of “don’t go hard after somitomi on Day 1” because you made made a brilliant Night 1 call and you were the real hero of this game.

Prince J – I hope everything is ok. Play again some time we’re always happy to have you.

Madge – I think what finally made me decide on you Day 3 was that you didn’t really give a solid reason to eliminate anyone. I really like your content when you’re non-town, its so much townier.

Fred – Brilliant first game! You have great instincts! As I said in this post, I felt there was something off in the reason you gave for town reading Prince J, and that’s why I didn’t trust your read. I can’t quite articulate the reason (which is a frequent problem I have) but I will think about it. Sorry for losing the game. Anyway, I’m so happy to have you as part of the mafia group and I hope to play again with you soon.

Makhaira – Sorry about the end. Your analysis was very good, evidence of which is that I was really close between you and Sabrar and I flipped between you two all weekend. You made me reevaluate, and any of the regulars can confirm that once I’m stuck in a tunnel, its almost impossible to get me out of it. Thank you for replacing and your efforts. Please play again soon; I hope that we are able to work together next time.

Sabrar – My best mafia friend, I should have known. You were too distant. My gut said it was you, and my head said it was Makhaira. But as you know, I never trust my unreliable gut.

Seven – Thank you for the game, I had a great time playing! And thank you for making this possible:
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:13 pm Current impressions:
I read bessie's first post and my immediate reaction was that she is scum. I have no idea why I believe that.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

Based Laser
Diana's boytoy.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

madge wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:28 am Thank you Seven for running this game - seemed very well balanced! I really liked the way the strategy for all the different alignments intersected, with the milleriser having to target strategically and then sway the vote and mafia having to try to find and get town to vote out the milleriser, and at night toss up between the merits of killing milleriser vs killing likely-millers vs killing likely-cops.
Yeah, this setup made for a pretty exciting game with these shifting priorities.
EGW wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:58 pm Zen, I would love your critique for my play. I don't know if you guys don't hear this enough but I'm really glad to have been able to play with y'all. I normally don't like to play on other sites but with you guys I'm always down.
This is my favourite group to play mafia with as well, and that includes you (despite the trouble I gave you D1) for what it's worth.
bessie wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:17 am somitomi – I’m glad I decided to implement a new policy of “don’t go hard after somitomi on Day 1” because you made made a brilliant Night 1 call and you were the real hero of this game.
Well, I'm glad too, although I don't feel like much of a hero. I could've played the nice hand I got a lot better, as Sabrar helpfully pointed out
bessie wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:17 am Makhaira – Sorry about the end. Your analysis was very good, evidence of which is that I was really close between you and Sabrar and I flipped between you two all weekend. You made me reevaluate, and any of the regulars can confirm that once I’m stuck in a tunnel, its almost impossible to get me out of it. Thank you for replacing and your efforts. Please play again soon; I hope that we are able to work together next time.
Unlike Freddion I wouldn't be too harsh on you, I'm not sure I would've made the right choice in endgame.
EGW

Post by EGW »

SHOUT OUTS

Court - Hello, it was great to play with you! I'm sorry I pushed you for your posting in early game, I'm going to chalk that to you being rusty. However I really wished you put in a good try! If you gave more direct stances and showed your townieness I'd try to defend you there. Also fun fact, in another game that finished I put in content and a major reads list and then I was eliminated for a minor mistake, a universal town read thrown away for that. Lol. Although it only happened due to plurality, and kind of lurky town.

EGW - Ayy, you were half right. I've realized the longer I live, the more influence I can have on the game that can help town win so me dying N1 / N2 is not great! My reads don't start off great normally, and as the game continues my reads improve I think.

Bessie - I wish I was around one phase longer so I could have guided you and town a bit more! I feel bad that I accused J and pressured him, also he's right that he probably wouldn't kill me as mafia. Yet I appreciate you and love you too! Sabrar really got us both! He played a solid game so the way to find him was probably through connections to Heury. You were super townie though Bessie, I am glad I was right on you. :)

Heury - Ayyy good game man, again I saw that you flipped your read back on me to town but I took that opportunity to attack you. Don't let your guard down. Or try to have more progression to you 're-evaluating' me. Also your reasoning felt a bit off, maybe question someone you want to suspect a bit first so you have progression otherwise it seemed like an opportunistic scumread.

Somitomi - Yo, it was good playing with you Somi. I enjoy playing with you and no worries on how you played cop, maybe make note of it somewhere or something. Although with cop I find interesting, if I get a red check on someone I like to push them as a scumread for the day first with an actual case, gather reactions first. Maybe try to come up with your own strategy for whatever role you get at the start of the game. Although the way I played it once was a bit crazy and expiremental, but fun! Also, no worries about you giving me trouble on D1, don't be afraid to. In mafia we have to expect that sort of grilling from others so they can understand us and determine our alignment (if they are town). You did fine and it helped me see that you too, were town. So keep doing that. Take your time and catch up in a timely manner. I feel like if you work on a reads list with reasoning it'll help you alot. And I also enjoy playing with you! Always a pleasure.

Prince J - Again, sorry for pressuring you! Dang it me, I have to try to remember to let you have some room on Day 1. I don't want to bully you out! I want to see more J, it's been years damn it! I miss the old times.

Madge - Yeah I was wrong on Bessie's list. But it was fun playing with you again, glad you enjoyed your role at least! Not much else to say here I guess. You got me with the point about the rules thing though, I didn't even realize that was a thing actually. I've been so used to skimming the rules lol.

Fred - I found most of your posts funny. I think you were nervous at first, but you warmed up to us fast and I enjoyed your analysis. Not sure what made you so confident on Madge and Sabrar, but glad you were able to find it. Look forward to seeing you around! Also no, I won't stop posting in the way that I do.

Makira - Thank you for replacing in! I've learned that replacing in and recovering from a bad position is certainly a skill. Good way of practicing your defense. Anyway, hope to see you around as well.

Sabrar - Buddy, you got me. You played well. I was content with your reads as well. I'm going to have to re-evaluate how I read you, not sure though. Your kill on me was effective because as the game goes on, my reads improve. It was good playing with you again. If I wagoned Heury I feel I could probably have found you, maybe.

Seven - Thank you for hosting. Critique me please. Interesting setup for sure.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

EGW wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:09 pmFred - I found most of your posts funny. I think you were nervous at first, but you warmed up to us fast and I enjoyed your analysis. Not sure what made you so confident on Madge and Sabrar, but glad you were able to find it. Look forward to seeing you around! Also no, I won't stop posting in the way that I do.
On Sab, it was a lot of bluster. N2, I turned cop and realized I would be completely useless, plus I didn't have a real read on who was Mafia. That post on him being "hard to scrape" stuck with me a lot, so I defaulted to him. As for Madge, my careful rereading brought the post where she "didn't take into account" the situation where Heury was Millered struck me as odd, and, in combination with Classic Madge® being thrust upon us, made me pretty confident. The nail in the coffin was the actually correct interpretation of her powers when everyone else thought differently, with Seven confirming it later. I genuinely did not know that I was going to be 100% correct on her Miller targets. From what I see, Bessie lasts long, unless she guesses correctly in her initial tunnel, and I knew I was a Miller because I was a cop. Her immediately pushing for J made me think that either she had already targeted Sab and did it again D3, or that it was someone dead earlier and Sab D3.

By the way, Madge, was that a slip-up? Your initial backpedal was pretty good.
Diana's boytoy.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

EGW wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:09 pm Somitomi - Yo, it was good playing with you Somi. I enjoy playing with you and no worries on how you played cop, maybe make note of it somewhere or something. Although with cop I find interesting, if I get a red check on someone I like to push them as a scumread for the day first with an actual case, gather reactions first. Maybe try to come up with your own strategy for whatever role you get at the start of the game. Although the way I played it once was a bit crazy and expiremental, but fun! Also, no worries about you giving me trouble on D1, don't be afraid to. In mafia we have to expect that sort of grilling from others so they can understand us and determine our alignment (if they are town). You did fine and it helped me see that you too, were town. So keep doing that. Take your time and catch up in a timely manner. I feel like if you work on a reads list with reasoning it'll help you alot. And I also enjoy playing with you! Always a pleasure.
Yeah, somehow I can grasp mafia strategy fairly easily but when it comes to thinking it through on my own, I tend to fail. I'm looking forward to the next opportunity to maybe do a Iittle better though.

I've been wondering all this time, where is your avatar from?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:09 pmSeven - Thank you for hosting. Critique me please. Interesting setup for sure.
Your play was great. My only critique is that you formed your readlist around unproven theories about how mafia would interact. There were many alternative reasons for e.g. J's posting, but you made the assumption that he and heury were aligned when you didn't know either of their alignments individually. I do this too for what it's worth. But yeah, my only advice would be to slow down and refrain from needing to have the entire solve at the end of the day based on connections. You should focus more on individual play rather than how people are playing around each other on Day 1.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
madge

Post by madge »

Freddino18 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:31 am
By the way, Madge, was that a slip-up? Your initial backpedal was pretty good.
Absolute slip-up, but probably one i could have quite easily made as town. check out the spoiler thread for my freakouts
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:15 am
EGW wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:09 pm Somitomi - Yo, it was good playing with you Somi. I enjoy playing with you and no worries on how you played cop, maybe make note of it somewhere or something. Although with cop I find interesting, if I get a red check on someone I like to push them as a scumread for the day first with an actual case, gather reactions first. Maybe try to come up with your own strategy for whatever role you get at the start of the game. Although the way I played it once was a bit crazy and expiremental, but fun! Also, no worries about you giving me trouble on D1, don't be afraid to. In mafia we have to expect that sort of grilling from others so they can understand us and determine our alignment (if they are town). You did fine and it helped me see that you too, were town. So keep doing that. Take your time and catch up in a timely manner. I feel like if you work on a reads list with reasoning it'll help you alot. And I also enjoy playing with you! Always a pleasure.
Yeah, somehow I can grasp mafia strategy fairly easily but when it comes to thinking it through on my own, I tend to fail. I'm looking forward to the next opportunity to maybe do a Iittle better though.

I've been wondering all this time, where is your avatar from?
I'm not sure, I just got it from Yolo I think. Also, I like your avatar!
Seven wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:13 am
EGW wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:09 pmSeven - Thank you for hosting. Critique me please. Interesting setup for sure.
Your play was great. My only critique is that you formed your readlist around unproven theories about how mafia would interact. There were many alternative reasons for e.g. J's posting, but you made the assumption that he and heury were aligned when you didn't know either of their alignments individually. I do this too for what it's worth. But yeah, my only advice would be to slow down and refrain from needing to have the entire solve at the end of the day based on connections. You should focus more on individual play rather than how people are playing around each other on Day 1.
Alright thank you, I appreciate it. I shall try to remember that.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

EGW wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:29 pm I'm not sure, I just got it from Yolo I think. Also, I like your avatar!
What's Yolo?
Also thanks, I made it with this Picrew.
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:56 pm
EGW wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:29 pm I'm not sure, I just got it from Yolo I think. Also, I like your avatar!
What's Yolo?
Also thanks, I made it with this Picrew.
Oh awesome. Yolo is Marshy from Smashboards, I think he played a game with y'all a while back.