Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
heuristically_alone

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by heuristically_alone »

LaserGuy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:15 pm I'm not sure there is that much more useful information we are going to be able to get out of this phase without a flip. I'm happy playing to the original deadline but if someone has something that they are interested in discussing, I'm happy to continue as well.

I like Vicarin's entrance so far. Not sure if it changes my read on the slot or not.

Vote heury
Vicarin hasn't said anything that hasn't been said by anyone else. Why hasn't anyone pondered the possibility that my setup spec was due to me having knowledge of extra doctors in the game?

Vote: Vicarin
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
madge

Post by madge »

A 24 hour extension has been granted: I will call day end no sooner than 24 hours from this post.

Sorry for the confusion, folks.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

heuristically_alone wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:10 am Vicarin hasn't said anything that hasn't been said by anyone else. Why hasn't anyone pondered the possibility that my setup spec was due to me having knowledge of extra doctors in the game?

Vote: Vicarin

Because what you said is not consistent with someone who has that knowledge. That's the reason that I scumread you for that post. Nothing you have done since then this day phase has given me any reason to believe that you're Town.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Not sure why that is bolded, sorry. Something weird seems to happen when you quote a post that has bolded text at the end?
heuristically_alone

Have you now changed your mind?
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

No? I just said that nothing you have done today has made me believe you are Town.
heuristically_alone

@Laserguy help me understand what you like about Vicarin's entrance
----
he/him/they
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

heuristically_alone wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:16 am @Laserguy help me understand what you like about Vicarin's entrance
Mostly just I like his tone.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

heuristically_alone wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:16 am @Laserguy help me understand what you like about Vicarin's entrance
This post is not made by a Heury-Vicarin scummate. This is sincere confusion. That means either Bessie or LG are scum or there is not a 2-person scum team. I'm getting a very townie read of Bessie from the way she is scum reading me. Scum Bessie would be going after me harder instead of merely pointing out inconsistencies and suspicions. LaserGuy went after Heury too hard at the start of D2 to be scummates and when given a free choice between Wam and Heury, still chose Heury. That leaves LaserGuy-Wamcarin as the only possible 2-person scum team.

If there isn't a 2 person team then two SK is plausible as a setup. Heury is definitely one of them from the D2 start post. Wam's D1 is incredibly flippant, it feels like giving up D1 as a SK to try that nonsense. That leaves LG as the second SK.

So I should vote LG today. And I need to convince Bessie to follow me. Which isn't going to happen. So I need to figure out which of these two worlds we are in and pick Heury or Wamcarin.

If I'm wrong about Bessie then most likely partner is... Wamcarin or LG are both possible. No one living beside me voted for her or was voted for by her, but she's implicitly condemned Heury by not pushing on me toDay. LG feels unlikely, the secret nodding conversation at the start of D2 was too natural. So Bessie-Wamcarin is a possibility. If SKs then Bessie + anyone is possible, but most likely Bessie + Heury.

Actually Wam parked his vote on LG D1 so that team is out the window.

So Mafia Wamcarin or SK Heury.

I love/hate this game.
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

You going to vote for me then boomfrog? Why post all that and then not actually follow through with a vote?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Vicarin wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:57 pm You going to vote for me then boomfrog? Why post all that and then not actually follow through with a vote?
Interesting that you just skimmed my logic and then glanced at the end instead of actually reading what I wrote. Hmm.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

But I do now realize Bessie can't be mafia with you or LG cause she would have voted to end the game already.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Vicarin wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:57 pm You going to vote for me then boomfrog? Why post all that and then not actually follow through with a vote?
Seriously, what did you think I was saying that you would think I should slap down a vote?
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

Who else are you going to vote for? As you said, if bessie is scum Heury has to be as well and you're not going to get traction on LaserGuy. So unless you want to hammer Heury (please do), you're going for me today.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Woof etc. The forum keeps kicking me off when I'm trying to post.
boomfrog wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:19 pm Scum Bessie would be going after me harder instead of merely pointing out inconsistencies and suspicions.
Maybe I’m just tired and gathering energy for an attack.

attack lab.PNG
attack lab.PNG (179.71 KiB) Viewed 770 times
boomfrog wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:19 pm If there isn't a 2 person team then two SK is plausible as a setup. Heury is definitely one of them from the D2 start post. Wam's D1 is incredibly flippant, it feels like giving up D1 as a SK to try that nonsense. That leaves LG as the second SK.
Noting this for now. Interesting you selected two serial killers for a non-mafia-team setup spec. Why not a serial killer and one or more other indies? Why any killing role?

boomfrog wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:19 pm So I should vote LG today. And I need to convince Bessie to follow me. Which isn't going to happen.

Correct. I will not be voting for LaserGuy today.

boomfrog wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:19 pm I love/hate this game.
love u too.PNG
love u too.PNG (147.97 KiB) Viewed 770 times
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

If there is a Mafia they have to have a way to deal with multiple doctors. If there's a SK then the second scum has to be very anti town as well. The only other combo I could see is SK + Arsonist.

If I can convince you there is a Mafia would you accept that Vicarn must be on the Mafia team and vote for him instead of Heury? Vicarn's response to my analysis post was very defensive.
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

Who'd be my partner then? Surely bessie only votes for me if she'd be happy voting for LaserGuy tomorrow. If heury is my teammate then why not just get him first?
madge

Post by madge »

Heury is voted off and is eliminated from the game. They were Enzo, Corrupt Jailer, aligned with Town.

Night 2 starts now. I'll start Day 3 when I'm ready (Sunday morning/early arvo UTC+8).

I've had a heck of a couple of days so I'm just phoning in today's post. Sorry all for the lack of flavour.

Submit night actions & what you want to do in the flavour for D2 start
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

Tell you what, just vote for me and let bessie decide who to hammer, sounds good?
madge

Post by madge »

No flavour again, sorry folks.

Bessie died during the night. She was a Pickpocketing Doctor, aligned with town.

It is now Day 3. With 3 players alive it is two to vote off.

Deadline TBC. Note that I am absolutely slammed this week so Sabrar may have to call it in my stead
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

Am I just locked in here with 2 SKs? What on earth is this setup???
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

Do we think there's any point claiming or is that too dangerous given what might be out there?
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Vicarin wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:43 am Am I just locked in here with 2 SKs? What on earth is this setup???
Do we think there's any point claiming or is that too dangerous given what might be out there?
This is an odd thing to ask especially if you're making like you think you're the only town left.

My role is Divine Protector, btw. I'm a doctor variant that would be pretty powerful under most other circumstances, but turns out just to be a normal doctor in this particular game. I targeted bessie N1 and withheld on N2 (I would have targeted bessie but I can't target the same person on consectuve nights).

I'm reasonably certain that we're in a 2 SK world, which means that I can't win any elimination and will probably be voting No Lynch today. I will let the two of you figure out the implications of that for your respective wincons.
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

Was asking as there had been some speculation yesterday that scum might have some way of punishing claims. Guess you claiming a role makes that mostly irrelevant now.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Like, if I get eliminated in any way then most likely nobody wins so it doesn't really matter.