Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
boomfrog

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by boomfrog »

Well if Vic isn't scum here I'm comfortable blaming him for the loss. If LaserGuy is also scum he's played this perfectly.

Actually there's only one thing that makes me hesitate. @LaserGuy why did you not actually vote for no lynch?

For the record, I'm an instant resurrectionist. Effectively a doctor although I think it would be publicly visible. I protected Bessie last night which means either my power fails vs double kills or the SK used some kind of strongman that defeats my power (and presumably all the other doctors).

@LG, let's both vote no lynch and then protect each other. That will prove I'm not a SK and we can vote off Vicarin tomorrow.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

This setup is so borderline but technically not bastard. I love Madge+Sabrar games. :lol:
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

Hmmmm, going to need some clarification about what happened from my night action, but that post is quite interesting, boomfrog.
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

@LaserGuy: is there a non-zero chance I can convince you to vote for boomfrog today or would any argument I put forward be a waste of time?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Vicarin wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:05 am Hmmmm, going to need some clarification about what happened from my night action, but that post is quite interesting, boomfrog.
We've both claimed. What was your night action?
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

As I said, I need some clarification first. Not as if you need to worry about me claiming before everyone else puts in their information.
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

boomfrog wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:57 am Well if Vic isn't scum here I'm comfortable blaming him for the loss.
Explain?

If it's from me town reading Laserguy yesterday, I'm definitely open for voting him off today if he can't be convinced to do anything but NL.
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

Ok, so I'm a Forcefield-smith. wam tried targeting boomfrog N1, but was told that the ability was unsuccessful. I tried targeting LaserGuy last night, and I got no feedback, so it's either on him currently or it blocked a kill last night.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Keeping with the original rules, deadline is Friday noon, CET timezone (125 hours from the time of this post). You are welcome to end the day earlier at your convenience.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

boomfrog wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:57 am Well if Vic isn't scum here I'm comfortable blaming him for the loss. If LaserGuy is also scum he's played this perfectly.

Actually there's only one thing that makes me hesitate. @LaserGuy why did you not actually vote for no lynch?
I had been musing about something you alluded to below: That there is a possibility of a strongman SK scenario and all of us are actually just vanilla. I don't think it's super likely as I don't think Madge/Sabrar would like to have the game end on D1 if Town gets lucky AND it feels super trollish, but I don't have anything to rule out this scenario other than mod-meta. Regardless, the day has just started, I don't have any particular reason to rush vote.
@LG, let's both vote no lynch and then protect each other. That will prove I'm not a SK and we can vote off Vicarin tomorrow.
You aren't concerned about me being an SK? You seemed to think yesterday that it was likely I was.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Vicarin wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:07 am @LaserGuy: is there a non-zero chance I can convince you to vote for boomfrog today or would any argument I put forward be a waste of time?
I guess it depends if you can convince me that you're Town.
If it's from me town reading Laserguy yesterday, I'm definitely open for voting him off today if he can't be convinced to do anything but NL.
This is not a good start.
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

LaserGuy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:23 am
Vicarin wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:07 am @LaserGuy: is there a non-zero chance I can convince you to vote for boomfrog today or would any argument I put forward be a waste of time?
Heh, if you CAN be convinced then I think that boomfrog is considerably more likely to be the SK than you are. If you can't, I'd go for voting for you over a NL as that seems strictly more likely to lead to a Town win from my perspective.
LaserGuy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:19 am I had been musing about something you alluded to below: That there is a possibility of a strongman SK scenario and all of us are actually just vanilla. I don't think it's super likely as I don't think Madge/Sabrar would like to have the game end on D1 if Town gets lucky AND it feels super trollish, but I don't have anything to rule out this scenario other than mod-meta. Regardless, the day has just started, I don't have any particular reason to rush vote.
I know my/wam's forcefield got blocked from deploying on boomfrog somehow on N1, so either Heury managed to disrupt it with his jailing, or boomfrog managed to block it. In either case, I know there's some non-vanilla mechanics going on, even if it's only between Town.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Vicarin wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:34 am
LaserGuy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:23 am
Heh, if you CAN be convinced then I think that boomfrog is considerably more likely to be the SK than you are. If you can't, I'd go for voting for you over a NL as that seems strictly more likely to lead to a Town win from my perspective.
NL is the only scenario that gives Town a chance to win if there are two SKs. FMPOV, there's probably just me, so NL is the highest probability option that leads to a win. If you are also Town, well, yeah, then it's a poor choice for us. But voting me also doesn't really help in that circumstance. It only wins if I'm the SK and both you and Boom are Town.
I know my/wam's forcefield got blocked from deploying on boomfrog somehow on N1, so either Heury managed to disrupt it with his jailing, or boomfrog managed to block it. In either case, I know there's some non-vanilla mechanics going on, even if it's only between Town.
Jailing is roleblock + doctor. If Boom was jailed, your ability should have still worked on him, and his would not have worked. My ability actually does what you are describing--rolestop + doctor, but the rolestop doesn't work against abilities by townies so yours still would have gone through had I targeted Boom, assuming your claim is what you say it is (incidentally, my ability is OP as **** in a normal game because it can be used to verify which abilities come from Town, but it works fine here because most abilities appear to be externally unverifiable). My suspicion is that the "corrupted" part of Heury's jailer is that it still allows people to use their abilities, but protects them which means it is functionally just the same as a doctor.
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

LaserGuy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:13 am
NL is the only scenario that gives Town a chance to win if there are two SKs. FMPOV, there's probably just me, so NL is the highest probability option that leads to a win. If you are also Town, well, yeah, then it's a poor choice for us. But voting me also doesn't really help in that circumstance. It only wins if I'm the SK and both you and Boom are Town.
I'm mostly wary of NL now seeing as both you and boomfrog are putting it forward, so at least one scum is happy with doing it. If you're both scum and want to force through the NL, then I can't really stop you two, but if one of you is town, I'm going to have to convince that person to not NL.

Also, in your me-and-boomfrog-are-both-SKs worldview, do you think we can both kill every night, or that we've got some even/odd restriction?
LaserGuy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:13 am Jailing is roleblock + doctor. If Boom was jailed, your ability should have still worked on him, and his would not have worked. My ability actually does what you are describing--rolestop + doctor, but the rolestop doesn't work against abilities by townies so yours still would have gone through had I targeted Boom, assuming your claim is what you say it is (incidentally, my ability is OP as **** in a normal game because it can be used to verify which abilities come from Town, but it works fine here because most abilities appear to be externally unverifiable). My suspicion is that the "corrupted" part of Heury's jailer is that it still allows people to use their abilities, but protects them which means it is functionally just the same as a doctor.
What do you think happened N1 then, if heury can't actually block someone? Assuming that I'm telling the truth.

I'd agree that these abilities are pretty damn OP in a normal game seeing as I'm a doctor that can figure out if my ability resolved properly, and it just keeps blocking kills every night once it's up.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Vicarin wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:05 am Hmmmm, going to need some clarification about what happened from my night action, but that post is quite interesting, boomfrog.
I can't see this as anything but a confession to being SK. Only needing clarification about your night action after I posted my actions means that something about my action gave you more info about your action.

The only way that works is if you were eliminating one of my targets.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@LG I am still considering if you are a SK. I wanted to see how you'd react to me proposing no lynch.

If your power blocks non-town actions why did you not target someone scummy?

I'm guessing corrupted jailor is the compliment to your role and it "let's scum out" of the jail so doesn't roleblock scum.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Got mod confirmation. No public announcement would have happened. And if my target was killed twice then my power would not save them.
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

boomfrog wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:19 pm
I can't see this as anything but a confession to being SK. Only needing clarification about your night action after I posted my actions means that something about my action gave you more info about your action.

The only way that works is if you were eliminating one of my targets.
Was checking if my forcefield had been blocked as your proposed NL then vote Vicarin plan might have depended on you messing me up.
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

boomfrog wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:57 am Well if Vic isn't scum here I'm comfortable blaming him for the loss.
Still want this explained too.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

boomfrog wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:27 pm @LG I am still considering if you are a SK. I wanted to see how you'd react to me proposing no lynch.

If your power blocks non-town actions why did you not target someone scummy?

I'm guessing corrupted jailor is the compliment to your role and it "let's scum out" of the jail so doesn't roleblock scum.
I don't roleblock, I rolestop. So if there was a scum roleblocker trying to target someone who I protected, it would fail. It wouldn't stop the player from doing anything.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Vicarin wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:39 pm
Still want this explained too.
Your perspective and behavior makes no sense.for town. If you are town and LG is SK, then I'm not going to feel bad about losing the game.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Ball's in your court LG. I don't know what else I can say to convince you I'm town and I can't improve my read of you unless you are more proactive. Btw, I'm busy all of Friday so I'm going to lock in my vote Thursday, I hope we can have this resolved by then. Hopefully earlier so I can submit a night action if we decide to no elim.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Why were you so confident that Heury was scum?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@Vicarin, what is your actual power? You claimed force-field smith as if that's a well known role. What does your power do exactly?
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

boomfrog wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:30 am @Vicarin, what is your actual power? You claimed force-field smith as if that's a well known role. What does your power do exactly?
Oh boy:

- One forcefield generator can exist.
- I can target a person to give them one. I am told if this is unsuccessful.
- Once someone has one, it can block 1 kill per night, but is used up once it blocks one. I am not informed of this occurring.
- Alternatively to giving one, I can try to transfer the generator from one player to another at night.
- If my action malfunctions due to trying to give out a 2nd forcefield, or trying to transfer it from someone who doesn't possess it, I am told that it malfunctions.
- I can't give a generator to the same person on consecutive nights.