Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
boomfrog

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by boomfrog »

bessie wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:35 am
boomfrog wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:39 am I have a theory but I want to hear your explanation. When you made this post did you currently scum read Seven? If yes what did you think you were catching him on?
I was currently scum reading Seven when I made that post.
I didn’t think I was catching him on anything in particular. I was deliberately trying to provoke him.

BoomFrog, why was I scummy on D1? Why did you vote for me?
Hmm, not the answer I was expecting. What was the goal of provoking him? I provoke people to get true emotional reactions to evaluate, but that's not your style usually.

I voted you because my read if you was neutral at best. LaserGuy had just made a very townie post so my PoE shrunk to mostly you and wam. I was hard town reading seven and was willing to follow him on voting you.

I'd say more about my current read but I'll wait a little longer.
LaserGuy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:58 am What did you think it was about? I don't feel like I exactly being subtle in what I was interested in--bessie obviously got it right away. The only reason this has been so drawn out is because I'd like to have something from Wam.
BoomFrog doesn’t understand your thought process for reasons.
So I need to resolve this funny business we three are obliquely referring to. I thought I gave a sufficient dog whistle but Bessie seems to have not heard it. If the thing I think is correct we three can claim and Wam and Heury are proven the Mafia. But Bessie's above comment makes me doubt my understanding of the situation and if it's something else then claiming would be a bad idea. I'd like to know if LaserGuy thinks we should claim. And I'd like to know if he got my dog whistle message.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

I am leaning against Bessie and laserguy being mafia
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:30 am
LaserGuy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:58 am What did you think it was about? I don't feel like I exactly being subtle in what I was interested in--bessie obviously got it right away. The only reason this has been so drawn out is because I'd like to have something from Wam.
BoomFrog doesn’t understand your thought process for reasons.
So I need to resolve this funny business we three are obliquely referring to. I thought I gave a sufficient dog whistle but Bessie seems to have not heard it. If the thing I think is correct we three can claim and Wam and Heury are proven the Mafia. But Bessie's above comment makes me doubt my understanding of the situation and if it's something else then claiming would be a bad idea. I'd like to know if LaserGuy thinks we should claim. And I'd like to know if he got my dog whistle message.
I did not see get your dog whistle, but I'm notoriously bad at subtlety so it's possible I could have missed it. As of this post I am confident that you know what I am going to say about the setup. Can you point to the specific post where you dog whistled?

I don't think there's any point to claiming. I trust bessie, and if you are mafia then you already know enough that it won't help sort you. It is probably worth our while to coordinate night actions, however.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

It was this post. But I'm confused why Bessie is confused about my understanding. But I guess I'll let that drop.

I don't think coordinating helps. The Mafia must have some tool to use against us. I think we all know the roughly best plan.
Wam

Post by Wam »

LaserGuy wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:37 am I'd like to hear something from Wam before I say too much about what I'm thinking regarding heury. My argument is a little speculative but I don't think I'm entirely off-base based on what I've heard so far. If nothing else, heury's reaction seems a little over-the-top defensive and he didn't seem all that interested in following up on my logic before jumping on me, which isn't a great look regardless of anything else.

The knowing the mis elim amount is TMI makes huery look bad.

Happy with a Heury elim.

Other than that I have laser boom and bessie as pretty similar levels based on a rapid read.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Hmm. Okay, well, I guess it's heury and Wam then.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@LaserGuy: Who should we eliminate first?
madge

Post by madge »

Effective immediately, Vicarin has replaced wam. The deadline is extended accordingly.

Votals:

No votes

Night 2 starts in just under 3 days
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

Hey everyone!

No beating around the bush.

Town

LaserGuy
Boomfrog
bessie
Heury

Scum

This is mainly based off the conversation relating to setup spec today.

I'd prefer to go for Heury today and see what happens tonight.

If anyone's got any questions for me in particular, fire away.
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

Gotta say, when I was spectating this day from outside, I was believing the wam and Heury scum team, but replacing in and getting more information on the setup has definitely been enlightening.
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

Thinking more on the ordering for the town-scum list: LaserGuy is definitely most townie, Heury is definitely most scummy, Boomfrog and bessie are a bit of a toss up. One of those two just went with the flow with regards to Laserguy's questioning near the start of the day and seems to have a decent enough guess of what's going on by now.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Thank you Vicarin for replacing and welcome to the forum! You get a puppy pic.

Hoku at the park.PNG
Hoku at the park.PNG (146.11 KiB) Viewed 807 times

boomfrog wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:30 am Hmm, not the answer I was expecting. What was the goal of provoking him? I provoke people to get true emotional reactions to evaluate, but that's not your style usually.
What do you mean not my style? How is this different from my aggressive / passive-aggressive normal play? And that comment was in response to a non-sensical post by Seven (Seven=Zen) where he said I might be mafia because my play was similar to last year’s Halloween game where I was independent but scum hunting like town.

boomfrog wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:30 am I voted you because my read if you was neutral at best. LaserGuy had just made a very townie post so my PoE shrunk to mostly you and wam. I was hard town reading seven and was willing to follow him on voting you.
Point to Laser’s post, the one that made you change your mind on him.

boomfrog wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:18 pm It was this post. But I'm confused why Bessie is confused about my understanding. But I guess I'll let that drop.
I don’t hear that dog whistle either. I think your dog whistle is not that doggy.

I need to think about Wam’s final post.

Woof woof.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:58 pm @LaserGuy: Who should we eliminate first?
My intention is to vote heury today.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Vicarin wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:01 am Hey everyone!
Thank you for subbing in!
madge

Post by madge »

I should note I can keep the original deadline (about 24 hours from now) if people would prefer. My schedule is super hectic for the next 2 weeks so deadlines will kinda have to fit around my IRL commitments.

Also, along with your night actions, you can submit flavour actions for your 'character' to do, so that way the flavour can be run like a real Expert D&D Game.

On that note, in the past I've put game-relevant clues in flavour: this is not happening this time.
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

Think this is safe enough to do:

Vote: Heury

I'm fine either way with regards to the deadline.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Vicarin wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:07 am Gotta say, when I was spectating this day from outside, I was believing the wam and Heury scum team, but replacing in and getting more information on the setup has definitely been enlightening.
Because you found out who your true scum partner was? Pray tell me, what about the setup spec is scummy to you?
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

Twas enlightening as I realised properly why LaserGuy would find your speculation so immediately scummy. And if you don't know why what you said is scummy then I fail to see how informing you would help me and the rest of Town.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

I'm not sure there is that much more useful information we are going to be able to get out of this phase without a flip. I'm happy playing to the original deadline but if someone has something that they are interested in discussing, I'm happy to continue as well.

I like Vicarin's entrance so far. Not sure if it changes my read on the slot or not.

Vote heury
madge

Post by madge »

Unless there's objections, we'll play to the original deadline. It's in something like 28 hours IIRC, I might call it a little early because of my IRL schedule. Feel free to send objections to me and Sabrar via PM

Votals:
Heury - 2 - Vicarin, Laserguy (E-1)

With 5 people alive, it's 3 to eliminate
bessie

Post by bessie »

I'm ok with Heury, but I'm not going to vote until BoomFrog answers my questions.

If day ends before before BoomFrog answers, make him answer this tomorrow:

bessie wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:52 am
boomfrog wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:30 am I voted you because my read if you was neutral at best. LaserGuy had just made a very townie post so my PoE shrunk to mostly you and wam. I was hard town reading seven and was willing to follow him on voting you.
Point to Laser’s post, the one that made you change your mind on him.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

I've had a very difficult day today and yesterday in RL. So for the record I was mostly not lurking. I did read your post and almost gave an off the cuff reply but the desire to include a link caused me to delay and I haven't had RL time to get to it until now.

Anyway, the post I was thinking of was the big one with all the analysis in it: viewtopic.php?p=30340#p30340 . However, that apparently came after I voted Bessie. So the actual order of events was more like, LG, Bessie and maybe wam were my scum PoE => Seven voted Bessie, I followed to keep the vote block going and apply pressure => LG posted his big post and I felt he was more townie => Bessie was inconsistent about when she scum read Seven and I posted my vote was staying on Bessie => Bedtime and final decision, stay on Bessie.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@Vicarin, glad to have you in the game mate. Thanks for subbing in. You've pre-answered all my questions I would have had. When you were only spectating what did you think was going on with all the spec setup oblique talk?
bessie

Post by bessie »

boomfrog wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:39 am I've had a very difficult day today and yesterday in RL. So for the record I was mostly not lurking.
bessie and boom besties.PNG
bessie and boom besties.PNG (135.91 KiB) Viewed 740 times

Don’t worry about it, I didn’t think you were lurking. I just wanted to make sure that particular question was answered before end of day since we are going back to the original deadline which is a couple hours from now. Or if not, that LaserGuy noted my question.

boomfrog wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:39 am Anyway, the post I was thinking of was the big one with all the analysis in it: viewtopic.php?p=30340#p30340 . However, that apparently came after I voted Bessie. So the actual order of events was more like, LG, Bessie and maybe wam were my scum PoE => Seven voted Bessie, I followed to keep the vote block going and apply pressure => LG posted his big post and I felt he was more townie => Bessie was inconsistent about when she scum read Seven and I posted my vote was staying on Bessie => Bedtime and final decision, stay on Bessie.
I already knew what your answer was going to be; that you were thinking of the post you linked when you answered my question. And that the reason you gave for voting for me in this post was something you thought up for that reply.

If you have a chance, please answer the other two questions. Then you can vote if you want.

Woof
somitomi
Seven
bessie
LaserGuy
Vicarin
BoomFrog
Heury
Grr
madge

Post by madge »

Oh god I'm sorry for all the deadline confusion. This is the original deadline, which is in 2 hours.

Votals:
Heury - 2 - Vicarin, Laserguy (E-1)

With 5 people alive, it's 3 to eliminate