Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Post Reply
User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by LaserGuy »

heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:10 pm
bessie wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:28 pm Ok so I was wrong.

Moving LaserGuy to the top of my list and heury to the bottom.

Heury, why the last-minute push on somitomi after Laser switched to Wam?
Town Bessie knows better than this. And I'd think town laserguy would know me better than that as well. Are you saying wam is my scum partner? Would scum me really give myself up like that right at the end of day one? Moving Bessie and laserguy to the bottom of the list.

I thought Somi more scummy than wam and didn't like that Simi was voting wam.

Vote: Laserguy


I think bessie sees the same thing that I do. My suspicions of you have nothing to do with Wam.
User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by LaserGuy »

Oops, that wasn't supposed to be bolded.
User avatar
bessie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:10 am

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by bessie »

Woof woof woof.

boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:56 pm FYI, I'm going to drop the whole opposite day thing. Shenanigans are for D1.
bessie wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:19 pmBefore BoomFrog gives us his updated list.
Oh, what a me style request. I'm intrigued but I will wait patiently for Wam's reply.
Thank you BoomFrog, the wait request only applies to Wam’s Woof-Grr list. You can still do reads and discuss anything else. In fact, I would prefer we talk.

I was your scummiest read yesterday. And I was completely wrong about my two main scum reads. Yet today you are perfectly willing to honor my request, without question. Why aren’t you questioning me?

bessie and the great one.PNG
bessie and the great one.PNG (171.44 KiB) Viewed 340 times
User avatar
bessie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:10 am

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by bessie »

heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:10 pm Town Bessie knows better than this. And I'd think town laserguy would know me better than that as well. Are you saying wam is my scum partner? Would scum me really give myself up like that right at the end of day one? Moving Bessie and laserguy to the bottom of the list.
My little puppy brain doesn't follow. What do I know better?
User avatar
boomfrog
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:23 am

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by boomfrog »

bessie wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:02 am I was your scummiest read yesterday. And I was completely wrong about my two main scum reads. Yet today you are perfectly willing to honor my request, without question. Why aren’t you questioning me?
First of all, I'm always happy to entertain strange requests unless I think they are helpful to scum and I don't see how this one is. And I'm not questioning you yet because there's already a lot of interesting things going on.

But since we are here, I would love to hear your thought process around the discrepancy Seven pointed out here: viewtopic.php?p=30356#p30356
User avatar
madge
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:51 am
Location: UTC+8

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by madge »


Votals:

Laserguy (1) - Heuri

Night 2 starts in just under 4 days
she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by LaserGuy »

I'd like to hear something from Wam before I say too much about what I'm thinking regarding heury. My argument is a little speculative but I don't think I'm entirely off-base based on what I've heard so far. If nothing else, heury's reaction seems a little over-the-top defensive and he didn't seem all that interested in following up on my logic before jumping on me, which isn't a great look regardless of anything else.
User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by LaserGuy »

Unrelated, but the kill on Seven feels very odd and WIFOMy to me. Uncertain of exactly how significant it is, but it's nudging around the probabilities of certain people in my head a little.
User avatar
Wam
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:29 am

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by Wam »

Sorry been fighting a cold I'm more alive today so will catch up.
User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:33 pm

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by heuristically_alone »

bessie wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:04 am
heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:10 pm Town Bessie knows better than this. And I'd think town laserguy would know me better than that as well. Are you saying wam is my scum partner? Would scum me really give myself up like that right at the end of day one? Moving Bessie and laserguy to the bottom of the list.
My little puppy brain doesn't follow. What do I know better?
I've yet to see you fail to read me properly.


boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:16 pm
heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:10 pm Vote: Laserguy

Ninja'd but you should probably unvote.

I understand your point.
UNVOTE
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:33 pm

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by heuristically_alone »

LaserGuy wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:49 am Unrelated, but the kill on Seven feels very odd and WIFOMy to me. Uncertain of exactly how significant it is, but it's nudging around the probabilities of certain people in my head a little.
I'd like to hear which certain people you think would target seven.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
User avatar
bessie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:10 am

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by bessie »

Woof!
boomfrog wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:51 am But since we are here, I would love to hear your thought process around the discrepancy Seven pointed out here: viewtopic.php?p=30356#p30356
It’s not a discrepancy. The call out was non-townie. And it was an error. I think it would have been more townie to wait and watch for a while, to see if there were any interesting misunderstandings.

Townies do things thar are non-townie. And I did think Seven was non-town, but not just for that reason.


Second Laser waiting for Wam.

heuristically_alone wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:04 am
LaserGuy wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:49 am Unrelated, but the kill on Seven feels very odd and WIFOMy to me. Uncertain of exactly how significant it is, but it's nudging around the probabilities of certain people in my head a little.
I'd like to hear which certain people you think would target seven.
fishing trip.PNG
fishing trip.PNG (203.2 KiB) Viewed 297 times
User avatar
bessie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:10 am

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by bessie »

So where is everyone? Are you all hiding because you're afraid of me me me?
booooo.PNG
booooo.PNG (208.83 KiB) Viewed 279 times
User avatar
boomfrog
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:23 am

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by boomfrog »

bessie wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:29 am
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:02 am Wait a second, bessie might be mafia here now that I think about it. You're reminding me of the last Halloween game. Town bessie generally has a read on me that hovers around null. Last Halloween game though you were scum reading me. Though considering that scum are probably solo in this game, I think that even if you are scum, you are genuinely scum reading me, just like in the previous Halloween game.
Interesting. I FoS’d you in my second post, and you assume that I am currently scum reading you. Guilty conscience?
I have a theory but I want to hear your explanation. When you made this post did you currently scum read Seven? If yes what did you think you were catching him on?
User avatar
boomfrog
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:23 am

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by boomfrog »

Besides our convo, I'm waiting for Wam's reads.
User avatar
boomfrog
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:23 am

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by boomfrog »

@LaserGuy: Do you have a strong suspicion of what the setup is? Is your scum read of Heury based on that setup theory?
User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by LaserGuy »

boomfrog wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:41 am @LaserGuy: Do you have a strong suspicion of what the setup is? Is your scum read of Heury based on that setup theory?
Something along those lines, yes.
User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by LaserGuy »

What did you think it was about? I don't feel like I exactly being subtle in what I was interested in--bessie obviously got it right away. The only reason this has been so drawn out is because I'd like to have something from Wam.
User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:33 pm

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by heuristically_alone »

bessie wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:38 pm So where is everyone? Are you all hiding because you're afraid of me me me?

booooo.PNG
Looks absolutely terrifying.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by LaserGuy »

boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:15 pm Maybe a protective role that can protect against one of the Mafia but not they other?
Since we're talking about setup anyway, I'd be interested in hearing a bit more about what you are thinking regarding this.
User avatar
boomfrog
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:23 am

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by boomfrog »

LaserGuy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:16 am
boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:15 pm Maybe a protective role that can protect against one of the Mafia but not they other?
Since we're talking about setup anyway, I'd be interested in hearing a bit more about what you are thinking regarding this.
I was thinking maybe the Mafia each have a specific way to kill and maybe a psychic doctor would protect against a psychic elimination while some other kind of doctor might protect in a way that is circumvented by the Mafia using a different kind of elimination.

Something where having fully revealed information about roles would let the Mafia know how to use their elimination best so we shouldn't full claim.
User avatar
Wam
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:29 am

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by Wam »

I'm working on reads tonight but FYI I'm struggling for time for this game and have asked for a replacement if one can be found.
User avatar
boomfrog
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:23 am

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by boomfrog »

Wam wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:33 pm I'm working on reads tonight but FYI I'm struggling for time for this game and have asked for a replacement if one can be found.
Understandable, thanks for hanging in there. I think I can save you some time and just ask the most important question. What do you think of the below post and what do you think of Heury?
heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:08 am What is a psychic doctor? Also 2 doctors which I'm sure is too help balance the game due to low number of mislims.
User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by LaserGuy »

heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:10 pm
bessie wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:28 pm Ok so I was wrong.

Moving LaserGuy to the top of my list and heury to the bottom.

Heury, why the last-minute push on somitomi after Laser switched to Wam?
Town Bessie knows better than this. And I'd think town laserguy would know me better than that as well. Are you saying wam is my scum partner? Would scum me really give myself up like that right at the end of day one? Moving Bessie and laserguy to the bottom of the list.

I thought Somi more scummy than wam and didn't like that Simi was voting wam.

Vote: Laserguy
Why did you think my suspicions were about Wam when I explicitly said it was related to your setup comment? You seem to be avoiding dealing with me... You even voted for me based on a comment Bessie had made.

Weren't you at all concerned we might be in XYLO considering I had just asked about that?
User avatar
bessie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:10 am

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by bessie »

Trick or woof!
boomfrog wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:39 am I have a theory but I want to hear your explanation. When you made this post did you currently scum read Seven? If yes what did you think you were catching him on?
I was currently scum reading Seven when I made that post.
I didn’t think I was catching him on anything in particular. I was deliberately trying to provoke him.

BoomFrog, why was I scummy on D1? Why did you vote for me?

LaserGuy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:58 am What did you think it was about? I don't feel like I exactly being subtle in what I was interested in--bessie obviously got it right away. The only reason this has been so drawn out is because I'd like to have something from Wam.
BoomFrog doesn’t understand your thought process for reasons.

heuristically_alone wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:01 am Looks absolutely terrifying.
Yep she was the most ferocious monster dog ever but at least she would sit still. Here’s what happens when you try to put a costume on Hoku.

hoku in alligator costume.PNG
hoku in alligator costume.PNG (225.42 KiB) Viewed 205 times

Wam wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:33 pm I'm working on reads tonight but FYI I'm struggling for time for this game and have asked for a replacement if one can be found.
Don’t worry about this game Wam get some rest.
Post Reply