Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
LaserGuy

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by LaserGuy »

boomfrog wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:43 am Ball's in your court LG. I don't know what else I can say to convince you I'm town and I can't improve my read of you unless you are more proactive. Btw, I'm busy all of Friday so I'm going to lock in my vote Thursday, I hope we can have this resolved by then. Hopefully earlier so I can submit a night action if we decide to no elim.
To be honest, at this point I think between the two of you it is more likely that Vicarin is Town. The detail that he and Wam received different night results despite neither player actually dying strikes me as the sort of detail that it's unlikely to have been made up. You targeting the NK and having your protection not work for reasons comes across as, mmm, convenient. You were also quite evasive on the point for a lot of the early part of D2. Your "dog whistle" was cagey enough that it could have easily been nothing if that wasn't what I was referring to.
boomfrog wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:00 am Why were you so confident that Heury was scum?
My logic went something like: Hmm, I'm a doctor, somitomi is a doctor, Seven is a doctor. I guess this is a troll setup and we're all doctors. I see Heury's post and I figure that nobody who is a doctor would ever look at their role and say "Oh, I guess there's two doctors for balance reasons"... it doesn't make sense. At minimum he should have known there were three, and I don't think it's a huge leap to guess that everyone is one. I think Heury was probably thrown off because his role is a "jailer" (even though I strongly suspect that he was functionally a doctor with window dressing).
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

You targeting the NK and having your protection not work for reasons comes across as, mmm, convenient.
I could have easily claimed anything if I was going to make something up. No fear of trackers in this setup.

I specifically was alluding to multiple kinds of doctors in that post, I wish I'd just claimed D2 like I wanted to if this is going to be an issue.
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

Well, at this point, I doubt I'm going to end up voting for LaserGuy, so let's get this going.

Vote: boomfrog

@LaserGuy: assuming that I'm not about to be deeply disappointed due to immediately losing, do you still need to be convinced that NL is a bad idea?
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Vote: BoomFrog
madge

Post by madge »

That is hammer, BoomFrog was eliminated by the group vote. He was a Serial Killer.

That means the game is OVER. Congratulations to LaserGuy, the Serial Killer, who has won.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Good game everyone!
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Thanks for playing everyone and grats to LaserGuy for the much deserved win!
Fun fact: both SK-s tried to kill the other during the night but Town was always there to protect them.
Vicarin

Post by Vicarin »

Ha!

Well, couldn't do much in that situation anyway, good game.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Your only hope was to realize that 5 Doc + 2 SK is a more likely scenario than 6+1, achieve NL, withhold your action and hope that the SK-s target each other.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Good game all sorry I had to drop out. Vicarin thank you for replacing!
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Dangit! Well played LaserGuy. A lot more makes sense now... :D
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

In retrospect LG's opening for D3 was a townie PoV, but it was the townie PoV of someone who's thought this through too thoroughly already. Vicarin's chaos was the true confused townie PoV. I actually got messed up because of over compensation for that one time Vicarin claimed 2nd cop D2 in... Shakespeare Mafia III ? I remember Vicarin's scum strategy as "cause chaos until you win through confusion" and I thought that's what he was going for here.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Congrats, LaserGuy!

This was an interesting setup, seems like we were all thrown off by the serial killers hunting each other. Speaking of which, Seven's intuition is something else...
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@Seven: Did you have a clue in your role at all about there being no mafia?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

gg that was fun to read!
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

boomfrog wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:04 pm @Seven: Did you have a clue in your role at all about there being no mafia?
No, it was just the only mechanically feasible option other than scum not being able to kill. Since I was a doctor, I presumed that wasn't the case.
Seven (she, him, their)
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Seven wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:42 am
boomfrog wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:04 pm @Seven: Did you have a clue in your role at all about there being no mafia?
No, it was just the only mechanically feasible option other than scum not being able to kill. Since I was a doctor, I presumed that wasn't the case.
5-2 with strong town powers, you don't think that can be balanced?
madge

Post by madge »

To be fair we got a last minute sign up so we had planned the doctorama for 4v1v1
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

What a fun setup, Madge and Sabrar. For the record I suspected all towns were doctors and my post was meant to allude to there bing multiple doctors signaling to town that I was one as well. I did not word it well in the end.

Of course the one game I thought of boomfrog as town in the beginning, he ends up being scum. Good job to both SK. Either one of you would've deserved the win.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:34 am
Seven wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:42 am
5-2 with strong town powers, you don't think that can be balanced?
As Madge mentioned, wam was a last minute addition and they already had the setup created by then so I was working under the idea of what they could create with 6 players. I made a post about it then deleted because I was too sleepy to complete it at the time.
Seven (she, him, their)