PYP PIZZAZZ MAFIA

What you're all really here for.
somitomi

Re: PYP PIZZAZZ MAFIA

Post by somitomi »

the worst wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:30 am I get to send a cop result to a player of my choice each night but the result is inverted
Dammit, paranoid somi didn't want to reveal the result and now he's wondering if you came up with the inverted result to make this a clear on BoomFrog.
the worst wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:38 am I made up the 2x kill thing -- I am a third party and win each time a day goes by where we hammer "no elim" or if a night goes by without a kill. I don't think the alternating SK theory is likely either sadly.
"each time"? As in you get a win every time that happens? How does that work?
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:05 am Away from setup, what are people's thoughts on disclosing pizzazz win cons? It might help explain occasionally odd-looking actions by town players, for example. I'd be happy to do so.
I'm generally against mass claims (because many setups are specifically designed to make it a bad move), but honetly I have no idea what this setup is so I don't know it might pan out.
Wam wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:33 am My theory that I have been thinking about is that madge set it up so day 1 wasnt really day 1 it was a sort of day 0 .

This is based on how much madge hates day 1.
Noooooo, not another day 1, anything but another D1 :cry:
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
the worst

Post by the worst »

I think that's a fair thing to be paranoid about! I need to do whatever i think is most likely to result in no elim / no kill - aorn i think that thing is "ruining scums' day so that town are more likely to have a spare kill to use to help me no lim" :P

Im not exactly sure how me winning multiple times works I just know that madge, in a frenzy of setup vomit, decided to tell me that I can win multiple times.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Green!? Really? Ugh Madge you suck. @the worst, you need to rename yourself to the second worst so madge can take your place.

Actually, you might be the best. Did you like my gift? Do you think you can use it well? Also did you get a win for the Madge elim or did that not count? Did you get a win for N1 or did Sabrar "dying" mess you up?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Also, @the Worst are you claiming neighbors with wam?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@Somi, thank you for the help.

@Jimbob, why would you assume that the game was designed to not end N1 when Madge explicitly said to you that it might end N1?

@wam please respond to bessie's point that you were voting Madge very explicitly to try for the madge elim. Why did you get mixed up, why did you do it at all, and why did you ignore bessie?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@The worst, do you have other ways to win, or just the one way to win multiple times?
bessie

Post by bessie »

Woof woof woof!

somitomi wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:53 pm @worst: Yup, seems like I got a result on BoomFrog saying he's a threat. Based on your question I'm guessing you are the sender and all of this is somehow related to the glitter? Why am I covered in glitter?
Well, you um seem very trusting of the worst in claiming this information with no questions or suspicions, like what?

the worst wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:30 am I get to send a cop result to a player of my choice each night but the result is inverted
How convenient that somitomi gave you a result with no questioning, so that you were able to frame the interpretation however you wished.

the worst wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:30 am I claimed full alignment cop in a thread with Wam last night and I'm still alive so I think Wam is probably town?
You’re an experienced player. Be creative. Can you think of any other reasons you didn’t die; like other than “Wam didn’t even attempt to kill me so he must be town”?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:05 am Away from setup, what are people's thoughts on disclosing pizzazz win cons? It might help explain occasionally odd-looking actions by town players, for example. I'd be happy to do so.
Ok, I’ll claim.

Just kidding. How about NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wam wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:33 am My theory that I have been thinking about is that madge set it up so day 1 wasnt really day 1 it was a sort of day 0 .

This is based on how much madge hates day 1.
What’s your theory on how you forgot that you hammered Madge??

the worst wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:38 am I made up the 2x kill thing -- I am a third party and win each time a day goes by where we hammer "no elim" or if a night goes by without a kill. I don't think the alternating SK theory is likely either sadly.
I am skeptical that this role makes sense, and that it makes sense with your claimed power.

Skeptical puppy pic.
you claimed what.PNG
you claimed what.PNG (253.33 KiB) Viewed 1527 times

Woof. Woof woof.
the worst

Post by the worst »

boomfrog wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:22 pm Green!? Really? Ugh Madge you suck. @the worst, you need to rename yourself to the second worst so madge can take your place.

Actually, you might be the best. Did you like my gift? Do you think you can use it well? Also did you get a win for the Madge elim or did that not count? Did you get a win for N1 or did Sabrar "dying" mess you up?
Hmm I'm not sure if that would do it. "worst" is too high praise for madge.

Aha so you're the gift. Thank you. I'm not really sure where to use it yet, but if I need to random fire it I have a like loose idea of where to do that. :D

Sadly, madge and Sabrar dying didn't do it - I explicitly need 'no elim' to be hammered or for a night without anyone flipping. :(
boomfrog wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:29 pm @The worst, do you have other ways to win, or just the one way to win multiple times?
Just the one. We prayin.

vote: Bessie I think this is where my heart says scum are - always happy to no lim too!!
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

the worst wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:54 am Sadly, madge and Sabrar dying didn't do it - I explicitly need 'no elim' to be hammered or for a night without anyone flipping. :(
1) If you explicitly need no elim then why go for madge?
2) No one flipping or no one dying? There is a difference.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@Somi:
Was you message from the mod like a result or was it possibly just a power that lets someone deliver an anonymous message?
Also, if you got a message that I was a threat, why not claim it early? Or act on it?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Vote Jimbob

I don't like his fake attempts at solving the setup. It seems like he's overcompensating for trying to remove his TMI.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Other people need to get in here and play the game before Madge uses any more of her dumb ideas to try and "spice things up".
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

bessie wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:38 am Well, you um seem very trusting of the worst in claiming this information with no questions or suspicions, like what?
Yes, I could kick myself for that... :oops:
the worst wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:54 am Just the one. We prayin.
The opening post says everyone gets two win conditions, although this isn't marked as [truth].
boomfrog wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:47 pm @Somi:
Was you message from the mod like a result or was it possibly just a power that lets someone deliver an anonymous message?
Also, if you got a message that I was a threat, why not claim it early? Or act on it?
It could very well be an anonymous message rather than a result. And I literally claimed it in my first D2 post, what more do you want from me?

Vote: the worst

There's a lot of weird stuff going on there.
the worst wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:30 am I claimed full alignment cop in a thread with Wam last night and I'm still alive so I think Wam is probably town?
@Wam can you corroborate any of this? Also maybe answer bessie's question about your apparent lapse in recollection?
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

boomfrog wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:27 pm @Jimbob, why would you assume that the game was designed to not end N1 when Madge explicitly said to you that it might end N1?
Fair point - I'd forgotten that point (I've barely had time to post what I've posted D2 as it is - my attention for this game is not what it normally is), although that being said, this is bastard-mod Madge who could have been lying to me to get me to start posting earlier.

Anyway, wam is probably scum, based on the Madge flip flopping, let alone outright lies about hammering Madge. The worst is also lying, but I'm not as convinced about him being lying scum as opposed to something else. Others are mostly town, but need to think about them more.
Or wam couldn't use a kill last night, or was redirected, or was blocked, or thought you were lying or ...
the worst wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:38 am I don't think the alternating SK theory is likely either sadly.
What makes you say this?
bessie wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:38 am Ok, I’ll claim.

Why not?
bessie

Post by bessie »

I'm kinda busy so this will be a quick bark.
the worst wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:54 am vote: Bessie I think this is where my heart says scum are - always happy to no lim too!!
Ok. Your case please.

And reply to my earlier post. Why does you being alive today make Wam town?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:40 pm The worst is also lying, but I'm not as convinced about him being lying scum as opposed to something else.
The worst already claimed third party in this post .

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:40 pm
bessie wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:38 am Ok, I’ll claim.

Why not?
I don’t believe in claiming for the sake of claiming. And I usually consider fishing scummy. -1
IGMEOY.png
IGMEOY.png (136.27 KiB) Viewed 1481 times

More later maybe.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Work yesterday and today are very manic apologies. Hoepfully will be back tomorrow.
the worst

Post by the worst »

boomfrog wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:40 pm
the worst wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:54 am Sadly, madge and Sabrar dying didn't do it - I explicitly need 'no elim' to be hammered or for a night without anyone flipping. :(
1) If you explicitly need no elim then why go for madge?
2) No one flipping or no one dying? There is a difference.
I was hoping it would work!!!!
Uhh I'm going to avoid quoting stuff so OGI isn't a factor but nobody dying should be the right answer to that question
boomfrog wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:48 pm Vote Jimbob

I don't like his fake attempts at solving the setup. It seems like he's overcompensating for trying to remove his TMI.
Kinda agree it's probs bessie/jimbob
the worst

Post by the worst »

boomfrog wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:49 pm Other people need to get in here and play the game before Madge uses any more of her dumb ideas to try and "spice things up".
I really doubt we could stop her if we tried :/ :/
the worst

Post by the worst »

bessie wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:51 am I'm kinda busy so this will be a quick bark.
the worst wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:54 am vote: Bessie I think this is where my heart says scum are - always happy to no lim too!!
Ok. Your case please.

And reply to my earlier post. Why does you being alive today make Wam town?
I've never cased in my life and I'm not starting now. I think you waited long enough for somi to express discomfort and then went at me -- I think your play looks like someone who needs to disprove me/my having an inno to win, and not someone who actually thinks I'm phoney.
the worst

Post by the worst »

sorry for the multiposts - got excited and forgot about the last bit. I think scum probably would have shot a claimed alignment cop before they got to act. :P
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

the worst wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:48 am I think scum probably would have shot a claimed alignment cop before they got to act.
Who do you think scum shot last night? Why?
bessie wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:51 am The worst already claimed third party in this post .
I'm aware. I don't think third-party necessarily means scum. But I do think the worst is lying about something still. Normally I'd advocate "lim all lyers", but I'm not sure that this works as well in this game.
bessie wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:51 am I don’t believe in claiming for the sake of claiming. And I usually consider fishing scummy. -1
You should be well aware that I didn't suggest people should claim their roles. There's a big difference between claiming win cons and roles. And I also didn't suggest it would be "for the sake of claiming". I explicitly suggested that it would be to help us recognise why some players may be acting slightly off. By getting people to claim these win cons earlier, people can't retrofit win cons to their actions - they have to make their actions fit their claimed win cons.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Actually I like JimBob's nuanced approach to The Worst.

Vote Somitomi

Why is The Worst's behavior scummy?

@The Worst: Are you familiar with the role militant atheist? Have you ever played a game with that role in it?
the worst

Post by the worst »

@jimbob probably Sabrar? I guess I see a dead body in a Mafia game and it feels like a natural causation that they're dead because mafia. My wincon probably like, weakly suggests that it should be possible for nights to go by without death so I'm not inclined towards thinking sabrar just died randomly. But given madge's lack of setup ability whatever idk.

Why would scum shoot sabrar? Sadly I don't know as I'm neither scum nor a mind-reader.

Who do you think they shot? What's the purpose of asking me these questions?

@boom sorry, I don't recognise the role. I still think somi's confusion/paranoia kind of makes sense as town and I still think bessie seems more opportunistic this phase. So probably leaving my vote there until people see the light. :P
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

You're going to be at a disadvantage this game because the setup is like a love letter to the xkcd Mafia community. Sabrar's whole role was a joke about how he's always eleminated N1. I'm 100% sure he was not chosen to be eleminated by scum. Sabrar really was not actually playing the game.

@Jimbob: Are you trying to figure out what people's pizzazz wins are?
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Hello friends. I'll be reading the game tonight and posting some thoughts. Feel free to ask any questions or point me in any directions for me to either follow or ignore.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they