PYP PIZZAZZ MAFIA

What you're all really here for.
boomfrog

Re: PYP PIZZAZZ MAFIA

Post by boomfrog »

the worst wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:04 am @boomfrog, you have an inverted cop result on heury.
Wow, way to sabotage any info we could have milked out of making scum guess which one of them was caught... If I didn't already have a green checkmark on you...
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

the worst wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:06 am worst, boom
somi
jimbob
heury
bessie

removing heury from this readlist should get us the scum outed /o/
And why did you cop heury instead of bessie?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@Jimbob, since I've got one scum covered and I really doubt there are 3 scum. Why don't you full claim your reason somi is scum. Investigative powers aren't needed anymore if you have a clear result.
the worst

Post by the worst »

boomfrog wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:50 am
the worst wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:04 am @boomfrog, you have an inverted cop result on heury.
Wow, way to sabotage any info we could have milked out of making scum guess which one of them was caught... If I didn't already have a green checkmark on you...
oh. sorry. lol.
boomfrog wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:51 am
the worst wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:06 am worst, boom
somi
jimbob
heury
bessie

removing heury from this readlist should get us the scum outed /o/
And why did you cop heury instead of bessie?
bessie is already really obvious, heury/jimbob i was less sure on!
bessie

Post by bessie »

I’m here! Worst did you miss me?

heuristically_alone wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:18 am Also starting to think there may be multiple town alignments.
Why in particular? Because I do not agree.

heuristically_alone wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:18 am Also I am disappointed that I am not xove
Is this Latin or a typo?

boomfrog wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:51 pm Is this.... is this the setup I proposed where we are all town? It can't be, right? I have to assume we just have an over abundance of protective powers and have gotten lucky twice. But if this goes on until we are down to 3 then we should consider it.

I have to assume that Somi is town if they had a day-vig after them. Although wam was after a lot of people. The anti-claim pizzazz makes a lot of sense actually.
No I don’t think Wam was town he doesn’t appear to have a town win condition just an indie win condition and a pizzazz win condition. And if Wam is indie you shouldn’t be clearing somitomi.

Interesting choice since I’m your top scum read.

the worst wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:16 am bessie is already really obvious, heury/jimbob i was less sure on!
Hahahaha no. Like I’ve said before, I don’t believe you’re this bad of a player, so you must be scum.

Woof
bessie
jimbob
heury
boomfrog neutral line
somitomi
the worst
wam
Sabrar
Madge
Grr
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:21 pm heury asked me if my alignment was simply "Jimbob", which suggests to me that he doesn't have a simple "town" or "mafia" alignment himsel
You and sabrar weren't on the player list and sabrar's alignment was sabrar.

boomfrog, the worst (def town)
Jimbob (likely town, not scum)
Somitomi (most likely a survivor)
Bessie (lone wolf)
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
heuristically_alone

boomfrog wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:51 pm @heury: What is "xove"?
I don't remember what I was trying to write or more likely had an extra line in their I forgot to take out. Either that or it's a super cryptic message for you to figure out.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
bessie

Post by bessie »

@heury, why didn't you answer my question?

@heury, why are you town reading the worst?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

the worst wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:16 am bessie is already really obvious, heury/jimbob i was less sure on!
I know Bessie way better then you do and this is well within her town range. Not saying she can't be scum but I've gotten townie pounds from her. Admittedly, some from neighbor chat. But I think somi is more likely to be scum then Bessie.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

pings*
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

I'm awake, with a baby koala-ed to the front of me again, sat at my desk supposedly working. I've got a conservatory frame due imminently, so don't have much time for this.
heuristically_alone wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:54 am You and sabrar weren't on the player list and sabrar's alignment was sabrar.
Player list in the thread-start post was amended a while back with my name on it. I don't know exactly when admittedly, but I expect it was before N2.
boomfrog wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:03 am @Jimbob, since I've got one scum covered and I really doubt there are 3 scum. Why don't you full claim your reason somi is scum. Investigative powers aren't needed anymore if you have a clear result.
I did say I wasn't a cop. I'm a colour cop, which makes me rather unreliable at finding scum. This means that I get different results depending on whether my target chose a warm or a cold colour (I don't see any benefit in me advertising which way around that is). In one case, I get told the target's normal win condition, and in the other, I get told their pizzazz win con.

somitomi claimed Survivor in our N1 chat. However, my result states that he wins when all other players are eliminated (or nothing can prevent that). Survivor is a classic cover for Serial Killers, and that win con means they are either a regular serial killer, or possibly one without a kill etc. I breadcrumbed this in my second post of Day 2 (I posted a fake No Result breadcrumb in post 1, to make somi think that I'd found out nothing useful). Can point out the crumb if anybody is interested.

heury claimed in thread that his pizzazz win con was to kill mafia N1. The result I got from him was that he had to predict which day the game would end on. It's possible both are true, so it's not as clear-cut as somi's. At best, heury is a third-party though.

This all assumes my results are 100% true, which there's no guarantee of in this game. One potential issue is that I could (unknown to me) get a modified version of the win con, which could explain the somi result, but not really heury's. Alternatively, I could have been redirected/framed/...

Holding off on the ordered list for now, since not everyone else has posted theirs (but I guess the above is probably what BoomFrog cared about anyway).
the worst

Post by the worst »

I think this game is won (by town) and bessie is clinging to the hope someone will get paranoid and it'll give her an out to win

I think bessie is really clearly scum and I'd vote her out except that I think boom implied that the result on heury was a guilty so we should probably just do that....?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

the worst wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:00 pm I think bessie is really clearly scum and I'd vote her out except that I think boom implied that the result on heury was a guilty so we should probably just do that....?
Have you used the thing I gave you yet?
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Something that's been on my mind is how Wam knew my role name...
boomfrog wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:36 pm Also, @somi: If you could target someone who doesn't have glitter toNight that'd be swell. Ideally The Worst.
I don't suppose you could tell me what this is about?
Can you point me to signs of this obvious scumminess in bessie's posts?
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:55 am somitomi claimed Survivor in our N1 chat. However, my result states that he wins when all other players are eliminated (or nothing can prevent that). Survivor is a classic cover for Serial Killers, and that win con means they are either a regular serial killer, or possibly one without a kill etc. I breadcrumbed this in my second post of Day 2 (I posted a fake No Result breadcrumb in post 1, to make somi think that I'd found out nothing useful). Can point out the crumb if anybody is interested.
I thought we were friends, how could you mislead me like that :cry:

Anyway, maybe your result is some mashup of the two win conditions, perhaps based on madge's perception of the "warmness" of the colour? Or the accuracy of the result depends on how unambiguously warm or cold the colour is? My other win is eliminating everyone who picked a certain answer in the form and the wording of your result sounds a bit like that. So far I've been operating under the assumption that this is the town wincon, but I'm not certain of course. Getting back to BoomFrog's earlier thought that this is an all-town game, could it be some indie free-for-all?

Walt
the worst
BoomFrog
jimbob
bessie
Heury
Heisenberg
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
heuristically_alone

bessie wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:12 am @heury, why didn't you answer my question?

@heury, why are you town reading the worst?
I already answered that question.

Because the worst is my scum partner.
----
he/him/they
jimbobmacdoodle

somitomi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:35 pm Something that's been on my mind is how Wam knew my role name...
Check out his flip. I bet he invented a role cop that he then used it on you N1.
somitomi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:35 pm
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:55 am somitomi claimed Survivor in our N1 chat. However, my result states that he wins when all other players are eliminated (or nothing can prevent that). Survivor is a classic cover for Serial Killers, and that win con means they are either a regular serial killer, or possibly one without a kill etc. I breadcrumbed this in my second post of Day 2 (I posted a fake No Result breadcrumb in post 1, to make somi think that I'd found out nothing useful). Can point out the crumb if anybody is interested.
I thought we were friends, how could you mislead me like that :cry:

Anyway, maybe your result is some mashup of the two win conditions, perhaps based on madge's perception of the "warmness" of the colour? Or the accuracy of the result depends on how unambiguously warm or cold the colour is? My other win is eliminating everyone who picked a certain answer in the form and the wording of your result sounds a bit like that. So far I've been operating under the assumption that this is the town wincon, but I'm not certain of course. Getting back to BoomFrog's earlier thought that this is an all-town game, could it be some indie free-for-all?
It's not. I have a definitive town win con (unless I'm the only town player of course, but then what would be considered a threat to town in a third-party free for all?).
heuristically_alone wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:56 pm Because the worst is my scum partner.
Lol.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

meh. I think town doesn't gain more advantage by making the setup more clear here.

Vote Heury

@Somi it helps my pizzazz win con and gives you a little more accountability in case you are a SK.
madge

Post by madge »

After some time, it becomes clear that there is no food or water to speak of. Some use their weapons to cut down the featureless tawny spires, but they are dry and brittle and, despite a valiant attempt to eat it, completely unpalatable.

Cannibalism becomes a serious consideration, especially as the explorers become convinced that only one of them will live to see the end of this featureless forest and claim its MacGuffin.

They stumble over it - literally stumble, eyes always tracking too high, looking for a sign of a bird that might lead them to water.

They land on the soft ground, too soft, and look at what they tripped on: a ruddy black rock, the first hard object they'd seen on the ground. It smells fetid and coppery, but there is something oozing from the place where a shoe dug in, not quite lava and not quite sap...

... it is blood, the ground bleeds, but it is moisture, it is food, and the explorers dig around the rocks with their weapons, releasing more of lava-sap-blood, and so extreme is their need that they cup their hands with the stuff and drink deep.

They will survive without cannibalism, yet... but some are disappointed.

VOTALS

Heury - 1 - Boomfrog

With 6 players alive it takes 4 to hammer.

It is Day 3. Night starts in 3 days, 9 hours, 22 minutes.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
bessie

Post by bessie »

I'm here! Everyone missed me me me.

the worst wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:00 pm I think this game is won (by town) and bessie is clinging to the hope someone will get paranoid and it'll give her an out to win

I think bessie is really clearly scum and I'd vote her out except that I think boom implied that the result on heury was a guilty so we should probably just do that....?
The worst is non-town, or an inexperienced and unskilled player, and I am leaning toward the first option. His posting style and missteps give me a moderate scum lean. His focus on me is whatever, but his disinterest in actual scum hunting gives me a strong scum lean.

BoomFrog, ok, you don’t think the worst is mafia, but do you really believe he is town?

somitomi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:35 pm So far I've been operating under the assumption that this is the town wincon, but I'm not certain of course. Getting back to BoomFrog's earlier thought that this is an all-town game, could it be some indie free-for-all?
If you had the town wincon, you would know it.

heuristically_alone wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:56 pm I already answered that question.
No, you didn’t. Try again.

boomfrog wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:43 pm meh. I think town doesn't gain more advantage by making the setup more clear here.
BoomFrog, are you trying to take away my fun? I want to give my current setup spec.

Woof
bessie
jimbob
boomfrog
the worst- indie
heury - indie
somitomi - indie
wam - indie
Sabrar – bastard player
Madge – bastard mod
Grr
jimbobmacdoodle

@BoomFrog, I think you're the only player other than me not to post an ordered list for today. Also, remind me why you were clearing the worst? I'm too lazy/don't really have the time to go back and reread...!
the worst

Post by the worst »

boomfrog wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:53 pm
the worst wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:00 pm I think bessie is really clearly scum and I'd vote her out except that I think boom implied that the result on heury was a guilty so we should probably just do that....?
Have you used the thing I gave you yet?
So I kind of half submitted it and then I got really busy just before the end of the last day phase and I forgot to submit it. :( :( :( I'm really sorry.
the worst

Post by the worst »

somitomi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:35 pmCan you point me to signs of this obvious scumminess in bessie's posts?
Sorry to he difficult, but before I do this, would you mind showing me where you think her posts are scummy?

I think I still need to sort you to be super confident. I'm being a little bit entitled here because I'm cleared. I'll circle back to what I'm seeing afterwards. :P
the worst

Post by the worst »

bessie wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:23 am I'm here! Everyone missed me me me.

the worst wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:00 pm I think this game is won (by town) and bessie is clinging to the hope someone will get paranoid and it'll give her an out to win

The worst is non-town, or an inexperienced and unskilled player, and I am leaning toward the first option. His posting style and missteps give me a moderate scum lean. His focus on me is whatever, but his disinterest in actual scum hunting gives me a strong scum lean
!
you've played with me twice before and seen my playstyle first hand multiple times. accounting for the fact I didn't think I was town for the first 1.5 day phases, and the fact I'm now cleared, I find it really hard to reconcile that you don't see why I'm putting less effort into being convincing in this game. I just don't need to be convincing. :P

Comparing this to our last game together (in which I was scum), what part of my play is actually striking you as non-town? Vague comments about me acting inexperienced won't help. Let's go a level deeper - why am I acting less experienced here?
the worst

Post by the worst »

I'm almost certain that I'm arguing with scum which is kinda outside of the realm of things I can usually be bothered with

but

it's also really fun
heuristically_alone

bessie wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:23 am I'm here! Everyone missed me me me.
Always
bessie wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:23 am No, you didn’t. Try again.
Yes I did. Search again.
----
he/him/they