PYP PIZZAZZ MAFIA

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
madge

Re: PYP PIZZAZZ MAFIA

Post by madge »

A third scythe-wielder comes and whips off the cornered loner's head

Votals:

Somitomi - 3 - jimbob, the worst, boomfrog

With 4 alive, it takes 3 votes to vote someone out. That's hammer.

It is now twilight, no more talking. Nightfall will happen in like an hour or so when I get my lunch break.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
madge

Post by madge »

oh what the heck it'll only take me a second...

The three survivors shake hands, and nobody went back on their alliance.

Then there's a parade of sparkles and everyone comes back to life! What a fun game that was. Who wants to play again???

Somitomi is dead. They were Captain Pirx, cooperative even-night serial killer. They died and has lost, and the only defector (the worst) is alive at endgame and so somitomi has lost. For a total of 0 wins, 2 losses.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
You never wanted to be a hero. You’re just a guy! Just doing the normal human things that you’ve been doing! You rose up the ranks from cadet to captain and beyond. But you’re not a hero, even if people keep on writing about your exploits as though you are.

You’re going to put a stop to that. You’re old. You’ve lived through a lot. But you haven’t experienced the sublime joy of murdering innocents. Not yet. That’s today. Now is your time to shine.

If you kill all these innocent people, maybe you’ll feel alive again. Maybe you’ll know what is is those “heroes” feel when they save people.

Or maybe your biographers will once again write you into a corner, paint you as a hero.

You are an Even SK Neighbor.

Robot Logic: If someone says something that seems very human, you can confirm they’re not a robot. Each night, PM the mod with something human one person said (i.e. a quote) and you’ll be told if they’re a robot or not. (Robots are evil?).

Undying hero: If you during the day, you will be resurrected the following morning. If you die at night, you will be resurrected the following evening. The game can end while you’re dead.

Neighbour: You are neighbors with another player, who picked the same number as you (their username will be revealed later). You may talk to them at night over PM.

Even SK: You can only kill on even nights when there are 4 or more people alive in the game. When 3 or less are alive, you can kill on any night.

Cooperative Wincon: You win if all players who defected are dead at the end of the game

Wincon: You win when all other players are eliminated or nothing can be done to prevent this

Boomfrog is alive. They were SPARKLE LORD, town compliment-killer. They won with town and lost as a compliment-killer, for 1 win, 1 loss.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
YOU LOVE SPARKLE. GLITTER. RAINBOW. UNICORNS. LET’S DO THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!

You’ve got one-shot powers but you can use them all at once in a blaze of glory if you want.

Neighbour: You are neighbors with Bessie. You may talk to them at night over PM.

One-shot Contagious Glitter: You target someone with glitter at the start of the game (i.e. now). Every morning, the mod will announce who has glitter. Anyone targeted by a glitter-person will get glitter on them. Glitter is green if they were complimented and blue if they were not complimented.

One-shot Unicorn Tears: you have a unicorn friend who can raise the dead once. After every death, PM the mod whether you want to save them or let them die. If you let them die, their role will flip as normal. If you save them, they will rise from the dead immediately (and thus be able to post/do night actions). If you take too long to PM the mod the mod will assume that you are letting them die.

One-Shot Unicorn Fart: Your unicorn will fart on someone, and this cloud of bubblegum-scented gas will protect them from harm during the night.

One-Shot Rainbow Gun: You can shoot someone with your rainbow gun, which will kill them if they are a “threat to the town” as considered by your wincon. If they’re not a “threat to the town”, they will be given a one-shot rolecop. If you use this power, you cannot use your other powers on the same night.

One-shot Biodegradeable Glitter Bomb: This biodegradeable glitter can be used on a corpse because it will biodegrade. The magic power of the glitter means you can ask the mod one yes or no question about the corpse’s last night alive.

Suck up: You sucked up to the mod, so to atone, you must insult the mod at least once per real life Day (as long as you’re making posts). If you don’t do that, something bad will happen to you.

Wincon: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated

Wincon: You win if everyone playing who got a compliment is dead at the end of the game

The Worst is alive. They were Engeldinck Humperbert, town pacifist. They won with town and three times with no-elims and no-kills, for a total of four wins. (note: I think this is the correct number of wins; the mod vote-off and Sabrar NK don't count as no-elims/no-kills)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Separated at birth from your british heart-throb brother and forced to work in a South African emerald mine, you’re the EVIL TWIN that wants to give evil twins everywhere a good name.

After all, there’s “evil” = wants to kill people (the common and damaging misconception), but there’s “evil” = wants to become a billionaire and exploit the working class. You are the latter. You worked your way up the emerald mine hierarchy and are now the boss, where you lower pay and erode conditions in order to make your employees suffer.

Emerald Insider Knowledge: XXXX chose green as their colour.

Bad singer: At night, choose two targets: one to sing to and one to cop. You will iNsAnE cop the cop target and give the result to the sing target.

Neighbouriser: Before the end of D1, send an ordered list of all the players. You will be neighboured with one of the players on the list, with a bias towards whoever is higher in the list. You may talk to them at night over PM.

Slightly deathproof: If you die before the dawn of D2, you will not die.

Suck up: You sucked up to the mod, so to atone, you must insult the mod at least once per real life Day (as long as you’re making posts). If you don’t do that, something bad will happen to you.

Friendly Wincon: You win every time there’s a no-elimination OR if there is no NK. That means that you can win multiple times.

Jimbob is alive, They were Walter O'Brien, town Thanos. They won once with town and once when things were perfectly balanced.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
You’re not very friendly but your ability to catch terrorists and thwart their plots means that you have some experience in working out peoples’ motives! Your computer skills also mean that you can talk to people on an encrypted line.

As a nerd, you’re a big fan of the marvel movies, and you think Thanos had the right idea with the whole balance thing.

Neighbour: You are neighbors with [orange], who picked the same number as you (their username will be revealed later). You may talk to them at night over PM.

Colour Cop: If they chose a warm colour (red, orange, yellow, etc) you will learn their regular wincon. If they chose a cold colour (green, blue, purple, etc) you will learn their pizzazz win con.

Panic: When you fail, you panic and lash out at people around you. If you are unable to do your colour copping (e.g. roleblock), you will lash out at a random other player who also co-ooperated. (Random is weighted by number choice)

Wincon: You win if at any point in the game the factions are ‘perfectly balanced’. The mod knows what that means and will announce it in-thread.

Final scores
1. the worst = 4 wins
2. bessie = jimbobmacdoodle = 2 wins
4. Wam = 1 win
5. Boomfrog = 1 win, 1 loss
6. somitomi = Mark Heury = 2 losses

Hope that was fun. I was quite surprised there were no NKs for so long...
the worst

Post by the worst »

good game everyone!! thanks for designing & running madge, sorry for low availability towards the end.

i haven't learned my lesson and will continue to be a suck-up forever
madge

Post by madge »

If you want to see the form responses, have at it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

In particular, the compliments were very sweet:

osieorb18 is really creative and fun
BoomFrog: I feel like his gambits make the first day always more enjoyable. I sometimes aspire to be like him!
bessie is always so helpful to newbies
Sabrar is too strong as town.
Bessie is really good at analyzing a game and at helping out to sort out the complexities of games in a way that's super impressive to me.
Sabrar is our group logician and best player. Moody is an excellent player but because of his low key, consistent gamestyle and his aptitude for rolling mafia he does not always get the recognition he deserves.
Heury's cheerfulness makes every game with him more enjoyable.
Boomfrog because he has the best dog reads

I very much enjoyed the insults since BoomFrog wondered in Gojoe, they were hilarious and creative!

I got the neighbours and odd/even SKs from a small setup on mafiascum and pizzazzed it by assigning neighbors to people who selected the same number. Then I just threw everything else in.

I expected it to last 1 or 2 nights (in retrospect, impossible, as each SK had a rez) so Bessie's role got unbalanced, and I used pizzazz / bastardry / some advice from Sabrar* to give her some DLC on D4 which I thought was very thematic with her character:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Hamlet is famous for inaction, but eventually, he gets around to GETTING THINGS DONE. Whether it's having his friends murdered or a scheme to kill his uncle (and mother, wups), he can be counted on to finishing the job. Eventually. With violence.

You have a choice: Rosencrantz or Horatio?

Is your neighbour Rozencrantz, or is he Horatio? In other words: does he want you to succeed, or is he secretly plotting against you.

Today you must make that decision: you must publicly post IN BOLD one of the following:

"Boomfrog is not near my conscience. His defeat does by his own insinuation grow." , indicating you wish to kill your Neighbor (Boomfrog). He will die immediately.

"The point!--envenom'd too! Then, venom, to thy work.", indicating you wish to kill someone today (you need not kill in the same message). Note that this killing will be done at the cost of your own life, but has the benefit of being unblockable and irreversible by any means. To do the killing, you will write in bold: "How now? A rat? Dead, for a ducat, dead!" *stabs [TARGET]* - this must be done the same day but need not be in the same message as the venom post.

If you do neither, inaction is still your thing, I guess. Post the following in bold: "'Swounds, I should take it: for it cannot be but I am pigeon-liver'd and lack gall." - this will result in no effect.

If you do none of the three, you will die at the end of the day and your vote will not count in the final votals (don't worry, it will count normally in the daytime votals).
* (he was against the idea of doing something like this without planning it but agreed it was permissible given PIZZAZZ)

All in all, I had fun modding, I wish I'd been able to do more with the flavour but it was hard to keep track of the game so I wanted to keep my plate light (god, whyyyy did i make myself keep track of claims? very annoyed wam didn't end up with 1/7th of a win/loss at the end though). I think a few coincidences conspired to make the game itself turn out less fun than it could have, the two SKs being dead for their kill days was Not Fun, and I probably shouldn't have done it that way, or made Somi's permarez take 1 Day the first time then 2 etc with the game being able to end while dead. IDK. It wasn't meant to be balanced, so I hope you feel like you got what was advertised.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Hah, good game everyone, and thanks for the wrap up Madge. What was with the random bonus powers? Like I got a double vote D3. Bessie got something D4.
madge

Post by madge »

the double vote i decided to pizzazz it up and announced in the gojoe thread the next player to post got a second vote. it was just because.

bessie was for balance reasons and also very thematic (i tried to base roles/powers on the characters people gave, but it was hard as some i was familiar with and some i wasn't and i tried to not be biased; not to sound too haughty but Hamlet was a character i really related to when i read the play at 16 years old so it was fun to do that)
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

I'd say a rez of the day Lim target always makes the game feel stagnant. And yeah bad luck the SKs were killed on their nights.
madge

Post by madge »

i think i was too conscious about the game being too short which was a miss because a 1 day festival of pizzazz would have been more memorable

i might try it again in a year or two
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

Thanks for the game all. More later, but for now @Madge, what exactly was my pizzazz win con?
madge

Post by madge »

if there were an equal number of each faction, with the SKs together counting as a mafia team for this purpose, and 2v1 counting as 'balanced' as 1v1 is impossible for town to win. Yes with wam alive it would have almost been impossible for your pizzazz to be achieved. The pizzazz cons were obviously not equally hard, so you can all judge who had the hardest win.
Wam

Post by Wam »

I'm still annoyed I didn't just vig myself 1 hour into day 1 for the ultimate pizzazz win.
madge

Post by madge »

i should have let you, i'm so sorry
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Well played town, the writing was on the wall for me by the second half. I kinda forgot what my answers were so I am supremely annoyed by the irony that Wam's role is something I suggested.
boomfrog wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:20 am I'd say a rez of the day Lim target always makes the game feel stagnant. And yeah bad luck the SKs were killed on their nights.
Yeah, that was a bit of a kick in the teeth that came around to kick me a second time with Heury's flip.

But lest people call me a sore loser unfoundedly, here's some shoutouts you brilliant bastards:
Damn Jimbob, you messed everything up by seeing right through my survivor claim
Damn the worst, you used your power awesomely to clear BoomFrog and left me and Heury no place to hide.
Damn BoomFrog, I don't know what uncanny insight made you target duckie with the rainbow gun.
Damn Wam, you cost me a kill, why couldn't you wait another day?
Damn bessie, why didn't you help me elim duckie?
Damn madge, why didn't you let me kill myself and resurrect? I don't know how it would've played out, but it would've been soo pizzazz like the rest of this game
And now that I got the salt out of my system:
Heury, you played nicely (that vig claim on Sabrar early on was a nice touch), but madge clearly didn't want us to win. It's definitely her fault :evil:

Oops, still too salty :lol:
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Wam

Post by Wam »

@somi

I couldn't wait I was going to be eliminated. So I made a guess....
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Wam wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:50 pm @somi

I couldn't wait I was going to be eliminated. So I made a guess....
Yeah, I was pretty amazed when I read the spoilers and found out you just guessed my role.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
jimbobmacdoodle

Forgot to ask this - @Madge, what would "lashing out" have meant in my role, if it had ever triggered?

Things I found either amusing, confusing, or I generally want to comment on:
  • I continue to amuse myself on figuring out setups with only limited information. @the worst - don't dismiss my random guesses at the setup when I make them!
  • I got EXTREMELY lucky with my ability - my first two targets were the two SKs, one of whom was outed by virtue of their primary win con, and the other of whom was outed due to lying about their pizzazz win con.
  • Madge, it's a shame you didn't get to be bastard-mod longer than you did. I'd have loved to have seen your commentary as the game goes on.
  • Shoot me now if I'm ever going to end up twice in the same game, in the situation of having to decide, on my own, between limming someone somewhat arbitrarily without any group consensus and No Elim. How did that happen not once, but twice in the same game??
  • I consider it a badge of honour that I was the only person night killed all game!
Some shout-outs/miscellaneous comments:
BoomFrog & the worst - nice job on clearing each other and then leading town from that side. Despite that, I was paranoid for most of the rest of the game that you two were a scum team leading us all down the garden path.
bessie - I hope I didn't make you panic too much with the spoiler posts on D1.
wam - nice work on getting your win so quickly.
Mark - sorry you had to drop out, and hopefully we'll see you again soon.
heury - bad luck on the investigation results on you. Killing Sabrar N1 was funny, and led to me never being entirely certain Sabrar wasn't actually a player of sorts.
Somi - bad luck on getting paired with me as neighbours - that essentially sealed your fate in my eyes from early on. As mentioned in Gojoe, I hoped to form a de facto mason group with you, and then got completely thrown when I got that SK result!
Sabrar - thanks for the amusing comments. If I'd had more time and headspace for this game, I might have interacted more with them!
Madge - thanks once more for the game. Although it was probably unbalanced, I think in part that was the misfortune of how the night kills worked out. I enjoyed things anyway.
madge

Post by madge »

The lashing out I was completely unprepared for, and had no real plan for. I was banking on the fact that there was only one roleblock and it was every second night. I'd obviously have thought of something, but I didn't have a plan. It'd probably have been a kill or a roleblock or removing someone's vote, or maybe something PIZZAZZY, as I would have had a couple of hours/days to think about it.

I'm glad that it was "exactly what it said on the tin" - i.e. unbalanced and chaotic, so nobody can blame me for the parts that didn't work.

I'm looking forward to seeing someone do something more normal for a couple of games and then I guess me and Sabrar will be expected to do something for halloween?
bessie

Post by bessie »

Good game everyone analysis and shout outs coming soon!

Woof!
jimbobmacdoodle

As mentioned at some point in Gojoe, I've got a concerpt for a D&D mafia that I'm thinking about, although haven't finalised any details. However, there's some overlap in my plans between that game and this one, so we should have at least one other game in the meantime.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

That game was a lot of fun, Madge. Good job Jimbob on your first two investigations. It was a really fun game to read and even more fun to figure out the setup which was significantly easier for me being one of the SK.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Fun game to watch, cool stuff Madge
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
bessie

Post by bessie »

Shout outs!

BoomFrog - <3 Is BoomFrog. Sorry about not helping you with your wincon, but I felt it was too risky for town to leave two serial killers alive.

heuristically_alone – Thank you for replacing. Everything BoomFrog said on the form about you is true, and you are one of my favorite people to play mafia with, and you are also one of my favorite people.

jimbobmacdoodle – Town. However I should be irritated with you for not eliminating somitomi.

Madge – It’s you own fault this time that I tunneled you D1. And Rosencranz or Horatio was absolute genius!

Mark_Cangila – Sorry you couldn’t stay in the game play again soon!

Sabrar – Meh. Not his best game. Sabrar, was this supposed to be a hint or was it random?
Sabrar wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:37 pm So we have [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] as [REDACTED], [REDACTED] is the [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] might be [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] is clearly [REDACTED]. There's the solve, do what you want with it, I know people don't understand my thought-processes...
Seven – I don’t recall anything you posted in this game your performance must not have been memorable.

somitomi – You played a pretty good game and I’m sorry I couldn’t help you get a win.

the worst – You are fast becoming my favorite duck, even though you keep tunneling me. Congrats on getting the most wins!

Wam – This was brilliant:
Wam wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:31 pm Basically wikipedia said pirx was originally written in polish so odds were it was a European who picked it. I went fishing with my captain comment but didn't really get anything. Decided jimbobs powers didnt fit so went with my gut of somi.
YOLO 1.PNG
YOLO 1.PNG (249.54 KiB) Viewed 2349 times
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

bessie wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:36 am Sabrar, was this supposed to be a hint or was it random?
Everything I posted was random and any potential clues were carefully redacted. I was just a bystander, having some fun.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Seven – I don’t recall anything you posted in this game your performance must not have been memorable.
Sorry I was V/LA most of the game
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina