PYP PIZZAZZ MAFIA

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
boomfrog

Re: PYP PIZZAZZ MAFIA

Post by boomfrog »

heuristically_alone wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:45 pm I'm a one shot vig. I have a pizzazz win condition to kill Mafia during N1. Decided it was just funnier to target Sabrar rather than risking hitting town. I am surprised that there were no other deaths.
Heuy, Heuy, Heuy. Why man, why is it always like this with you?

1) You replaced during D2, you didn't decide the N1 actions for your slot. Why are you inventing justifications?
2) If you did have a choice, why use your only Vig shot N1 on a target that is almost certainly useless? You must have some better night action available to you.
3) Why give up on your entire bonus win? Did you think it was possible Sabrar would count as scum?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

the worst wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:25 am so this is a little awkward but i just checked and i am indeed aligned with the town
So awkward, how embarrassing.
the worst

Post by the worst »

i always wish i was scum
bessie

Post by bessie »

Ok QUICK two day catch up. READY GO!
the worst wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:47 am I've never cased in my life and I'm not starting now. I think you waited long enough for somi to express discomfort and then went at me -- I think your play looks like someone who needs to disprove me/my having an inno to win, and not someone who actually thinks I'm phoney.
That’s fine I don’t do cases either. As long as you give reasons. And you’re wrong I totally think you’re phony.

the worst wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:48 am sorry for the multiposts - got excited and forgot about the last bit. I think scum probably would have shot a claimed alignment cop before they got to act. :P
I refuse to believe you’re this bad of a player. The only explanation is that you’re lying.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:15 am Who do you think scum shot last night? Why?
bessie wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:51 am The worst already claimed third party in this post .
I'm aware. I don't think third-party necessarily means scum. But I do think the worst is lying about something still. Normally I'd advocate "lim all lyers", but I'm not sure that this works as well in this game.
Semantics. I use scum for non-town, and mafia when I want to refer specifically to mafia. You must have forgotten. You need to play more mafia.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:15 am
bessie wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:51 am I don’t believe in claiming for the sake of claiming. And I usually consider fishing scummy. -1
You should be well aware that I didn't suggest people should claim their roles. There's a big difference between claiming win cons and roles. And I also didn't suggest it would be "for the sake of claiming". I explicitly suggested that it would be to help us recognise why some players may be acting slightly off. By getting people to claim these win cons earlier, people can't retrofit win cons to their actions - they have to make their actions fit their claimed win cons.
I don’t believe in claiming early. I feel somehow it is against the spirit of the game and makes it less fun. Why do you care about secondary win cons anyway? You should be concentrating on your primary win con.

boomfrog wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:30 am
bessie wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:55 am I am posting now because if I'm not here at my regular time BoomFrog will be pining for me.
It's true. I await every evening when I get another chance to chit chat with you.
I might sig this. <3 <3

Wam wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:04 am I forgot I did that. Or for the pizzazz pick the option you want!
Ima running out of skeptical dog pics. It’s hard enough to get a picture of Hoku that’s not blurry, and he’s just too happy anyway.

the worst wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:23 am If so a few considerations
Why do you think I'd come from a reasonably safe d1 position, as scum with boomfrog who is fairly well townread (other than by me) and immediately lock myself as scum with my partner?
Is there a reason you think I went about claiming in such a clumsy way rather than trying to set up a more intuitive claim if I wanted to try and spew my partner?

Is this a WOULD I DO THAT AS SCUM POST???? 8-) -1

the worst wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:23 am I don't know how to get through to bessie. I think she's looking for ways to get eliminations, not ways to find scum. I feel like she's fairly obvious about it.
Dude, I know what you’re doing and it doesn’t work with me.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:55 pm @wam - would you care to explain why you couldn't make up your mind on voting Madge D1? Also, why did you consider she was a higher threat than any non-mod player?

@bessie, second question above also applies to you.
Madge is the scummiest player on the forum. I tunnel her in every game.
I also had a suspicion of Wam’s role and I wanted to see where it went.

boomfrog wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:39 pm Btw, I've gotten as much info as I can out of withholding this info. The worst is confirmed not a threat to town. I shot him with a vig shot that only eleminated threats and other wise gives them a gift. A "very balanced" power from our incompetent mod Madge "knows how balance works" Lebowski. Yes, her last name is connonically Lebowski in this game.
How convenient that you and the worst are clearing each other.

heuristically_alone wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:45 pm I'm a one shot vig. I have a pizzazz win condition to kill Mafia during N1. Decided it was just funnier to target Sabrar rather than risking hitting town. I am surprised that there were no other deaths.
No way am I voting heury this is the most pizzaz thing ever.

heuristically_alone wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:45 pm Is boomfrogs extra wincon to trash on Madge?
Huh? I though he was just making observations. :mrgreen:

the worst wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:25 am so this is a little awkward but i just checked and i am indeed aligned with the town
i probably would have played d1 a little different if i realised i needed to find the scumteam to win
i am so upset
[INSERT SKEPTICAL DOG PIC]
bessie

Post by bessie »

Sorry I have an important meeting at 7am and I need to get some sleep I will be available tomorrow night.

Woof
bessie
heury
jimbob
boomfrog neutral line
somitomi
wam
the worst
Sabrar
Madge
Grr
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

bessie wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:44 am How convenient that you and the worst are clearing each other.
It is very convenient, we are both hard to read players and this should save at least one miss elim. And now we can ignore all the blatant lying The Worst is doing.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Vote wam

I'm going to be very busy from now until deadline and I mostly after with the Worst's reads and it's worth voting together.

I should have time to check in before deadline assuming Madge can tell time.
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

boomfrog wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:17 am Vote wam

I'm going to be very busy from now until deadline and I mostly after with the Worst's reads and it's worth voting together.

I should have time to check in before deadline assuming Madge can tell time.
I think that's E - 1? I suspect dead-bastard mod Madge is more likely to actually keep to a hammer than bastard mod Madge is.
bessie wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:44 am You must have forgotten. You need to play more mafia.
Sorry, a certain 3 month old koala baby can make finding mafia playing time a little tricky...
bessie wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:44 am Why do you care about secondary win cons anyway?
This is literally answered in the post you quoted. Why aren't you reading my posts? -1 ;)
By getting people to claim these win cons earlier, people can't retrofit win cons to their actions - they have to make their actions fit their claimed win cons.
Wam

Post by Wam »

L-1 please dont hammer!
madge

Post by madge »

The wiley team is rended asunder by the leviathan, three of them surviving with tattered clothes and likely mortal wounds as they finally dismember the creature, which only stops attacking them as its limbs are unable to move the body, the claws slashing and the head biting, daring the wiley ones to approach.

The all-seeing boy, on the other hand, wordlessly gestures. The Old One near his people falls to the ground, dead.

Votals:

The worst - 1 - heury
wam - 3 - jimbob, the worst, boomfrog (E-1)

With 7 players alive it takes 4 to hammer.

It is Day 2. Night falls in 1 day, 2 hours, 40 minutes
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
jimbobmacdoodle

Unvote

Probably should have done this in my previous post. Didn't think about it. Will reboot once wam has had a chance to defend himself unless I have a better candidate.
jimbobmacdoodle

EBWOP: will *revote*
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

i probably would have played d1 a little different if i realised i needed to find the scumteam to win
i am so upset
Ok, this is breaking my brain. Is it so genuine it can't be anthing but town or did it wrap around to the exact opposite end of the spectrum somehow?
the worst wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:41 am you're absolutely right re. madge, i think she might want a reviewer on her next setup... and a setup designer.... and a team of consultants..... and something to keep her busy so she isn't involved......
This is exactly what this game said on the tin
boomfrog wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:15 am It is very convenient, we are both hard to read players and this should save at least one miss elim. And now we can ignore all the blatant lying The Worst is doing.
Speaking of hard to read, is this genuine or sarcastic?
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Wam

Post by Wam »

So dknt know why your getting so much heat jimbob I think the pizzazz win claim suggestion is a good one. Its the real reason I voted madge. My pizzazz win con is for a certain captain to survive to end game. I had no idea how to tackle this but at least by voting madge I knew I was safe!

Reads

Town
The worst - too open and honest to be nefarious
Jimbob - think they are trying to solve
Somi - normal somi play
Boom - gut says town but nothing to back this up.
Bessie - gut says scum but nothing to back this up.
Heury - claim is very odd and scummy
Scum

vote huery
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Wam wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:43 pm Town
The worst - too open and honest to be nefarious
Jimbob - think they are trying to solve
Somi - normal somi play
Boom - gut says town but nothing to back this up.
Bessie - gut says scum but nothing to back this up.
Heury - claim is very odd and scummy
Scum
If you trust the worst, shouldn't the result I got from him clear BoomFrog?
Wam

Post by Wam »

Given what we know.of the setup would you trust the result?

To be clear I'm not saying the worst is lying but they could be unknowing insane or boom could be a godfather.
Wam

Post by Wam »

I know half the game are in other timezones but I.will be back before deadline to answer any questions.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

boomfrog wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:56 am
Heuy, Heuy, Heuy. Why man, why is it always like this with you?

1) You replaced during D2, you didn't decide the N1 actions for your slot. Why are you inventing justifications?
2) If you did have a choice, why use your only Vig shot N1 on a target that is almost certainly useless? You must have some better night action available to you.
3) Why give up on your entire bonus win? Did you think it was possible Sabrar would count as scum?
Incorrect, I replaced in after N1 was supposed to end and Madge if I could quickly make some actions. Do you really think Mark made actions and then replaced out? So I didn't take time to think much about setup. Given more time I likely would not have shot sabrar as now I believe it incredible unlikely that sabrar or jimbob is Mafia.

I have town leans on everyone currently except Bessie. Bessie is still straight neutral to me right now but as my only option and seeing as I don't believe wam is scum...

vote: Bessie
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
jimbobmacdoodle

Trying to squeeze in some quick rereads of some players, whilst baby is bouncing in a chair.

wam:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
D1
Post 1: Confirmation
Post 2: Confirmation not needed; interesting; warning claiming info might end badly
Post 3: Worst suspicious for voting for day end; knowledge suggests worst is scum; votes wam.
Post 4: Switches vote to Madge for sussing worst
Post 5: Ebwop
Post 6: Restates thoughts on worst in response to BF
Post 7: Corrects the worst
Post 8: Suggests hammering the mod
Post 9: Thinks worst likely scum; mod vote not serious
Post 10: explains attempt at humour
Post 11: Switches vote back to the worst
Post 12: Asks the worst how he knows about N1 issue
Post 13: Asks how knows elimming Madge doesn't count
Post 14: Clarifies earlier comment
Post 15: Pings in response to my post
Post 16: My appearance puzzling; implies can hammer Madge; votes Madge
Post 17: Corrects Madge re. voting twice

Day 2:
Post 1: Back. Welcomes heury.
Post 2: Claims EOD vote was wrong with him voting Madge
Post 3: Thinks Madge set up D1 so not really D1, based on how much she hates D1.
Post 4: Sabrar "dying" N1 explanation for previous post.
Post 5: Work manic; back tomorrow
Post 6: Back, going through questions
Post 7: Forgot voted Madge; claims neighbours with the Worst
Post 8: Head not back in the game yet
Post 9: bessie and somi hitting meta; bessie less tunnelly
Post 10: L-1 asks no hammer
Post 11: Doesn't understand heat on me. Pizzazz win claim real reason for voting Madge - certain captain needs to survive to end game; knew voting Madge was safe! Ordered list - town: worst too open and honest, me trying to solve; somi normal play; BF gut town; bessie gut scum; heury claim is odd and scummy, votes heury.
Post 12: why trust result due to setup; worst might be insane or BF godfather.
Post 13: will be back before deadline
There are a few things that strike me about wam:
1) his substance is light compared to what I would expect of him, even accounting for his absence for the first part of D2.
2) his flip-flopping on Madge. I feel like his justification for it is weak, given in that case, why didn't he stick with it throughout D1. I also find it odd that he managed to forget he switched to Madge given his claim.
As already indicated, I don't believe wam is cleared by the worst's fake claim from the chat. My reread hasn't done anything to dispel my scummy feeling of him,

@wam - if you were trying to avoid elimming a specific character, why did you keep coming back to The Worst D1? Also, what's different about D2 in this sense?

The worst:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
D1
Post 1: Confirms, votes no elim, claims if elim D1, scum team get two NKs N1. Jokes with wam.
Post 2: Ends day request. Wants to find scum before hammering.
Post 3: wam town
Post 4: comments on Madge sassing him.
Post 5: chat with Madge - perfect and never made a mistake
Post 6: voting anything other than no elim gives game away to scum. Will find scum today. Doesn't think anyone else is going to vote day end, so his vote signal booster only. Asks BF why voting town (wam).
Post 7: Username is inside joke. Evidence of how hard to read him, see previous game.
Post 8: Madge gotta try harder to confuse him.
Post 9: Would vote BF, but no elim more useful.
Post 10: Votes Madge, willing to gamble on it, better off without her.
Post 11: Not budging, continues to defend reason. Has Madge/Sabrar confirmed scum; BF/bessie scummiest, wam/somi towniest.
Post 12: Advocates Madge lim.
Post 13: Will run out of energy.
Post 14: Explains how knows about N1 issue to wam. Willing to gamble on Madge elim not counting.

D2
Post 1: Welcomes heury. Asks somi if he received an extra PM.
Post 2: Explains gets to send cop result, but result inverted. Claimed full cop to wam overnight, wam probably town.
Post 3: wam/me possible team "finessed" by mod
Post 4: Has BF towniest; bessie/wam likely has 1 scum
Post 5: Made up 2x kill thing. Claims third party winning on no elim or no kill. Doesn't think alternating SKs likely.
Post 6: Asks wam why he thinks Madge set up D1 as D0.
Post 7: Somitomi fair to be paranoid about result. Doing whatever can to get their win. NOt sure how winning multiple times works.
Post 8: Thanks BF for gift. Has loose idea where to fire gift. Madge + Sabrar flipping didn't help. Votes bessie, thinks scum there, but happy for no lim.
Post 9: Was hoping Madge lim would work. Probably me/bessie.
Post 10: Can't stop Madge if we tried.
Post 11: Doesn't case. Explains bessie read - trying to disprove them having an innocent result.
Post 12: Scum would have shot claimed alignment cop before they got to act.
Post 13: Thought Sabrar was kill. Doesn't know why scum would shoot Sabrar. Asks who I think they shot, and why I'm asking. Doesn't recognise militant atheist role. somitomi confusion/paranoia makes sense as town. Bessie seems opportunistic.
Post 14: Restates neutral claim. Less sure on wam being non-group scum after Sabrar N1 dying meme - kind nullish. Somi towny.
Post 15: Thinks I decided I disliked his answer before he answered. Trusts me to check bias. Motivated by finding scum than anything else. Thinks I'm not trying to read him.
Post 16: wam should weigh in on things; being unhelpful.
Post 17: Asks somi why he's voting him, with follow up questions and things to consider. Thinks understands paranoia; didn't know whether to trust somi or not; wants further reasoning from him. Doesn't know how to get through to bessie; thinks she's looking for elims, not scum.
Post 18: Asks wam for take on somi and bessie.
Post 19: Checked and aligned with town. Would have played D1 differently otherwise. Votes wam.
Post 20: Finds funny cleared each other (with BF).
Post 21: Always wishes were scum.
The worst's behaviour does all line up with someone who misread their win con somehow, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt around that. Given that, I don't actually see anything really objectionable in their content. That's not to say I'm clearing them completely, but I'm willing to say they're reasonably towny.

@the worst, you seem to have changed your mind on me? Is there any particular reason? Also, could you explain a bit more why you think alternating SK is unlikely?
Also, what do you think of wam's D1 claim that claiming information from the spreadsheet is likely bad?

Running out of time for today. Will post this and maybe start on someone else, if I have time. Should be able to post a vote before deadline in my morning.

This is probably risking drawing the wrath of various people for fishing, but my ability is significantly more useful if I know whether my target's colour is a warm or cool colour. I understand wam's claim earlier might put people off or people may be naturally reticent to claim, but anybody willing to claim whether they have a warm or cool colour would be of great benefit.
jimbobmacdoodle

bessie:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
D1
Post 1: confirm
Post 2: dislikes wam. somitomi not paying attention. Likes the worst. Madge conflicting with herself. Asks wam to explain comment about only getting to sus the worst. Asks the worst why calls themself that. Likes somi vote on Sabrar. Mark's paying attention. Agrees with BF re. Madge being garbage mod. Votes Madge for making mistakes, blaming others.
Post 3: Votes Madge again.
Post 4: Madge insulting ibises for a long time. Jokes with worst. -1 on wam for suggesting low number of players should prevent us elimming known scum. Asks wam why mod-vote still in place, if not serious. wam didn't reply to question. Asks somi to present case on current vote, or move it. Votes Madge again.
Post 5: wam -1s legit: moving off the worst onto Madge, backs away from hammering Madge; wam not replying to question. Votes Madge again. The worst claim is charming.
Post 6: Thinks Madge vote awkward attempt at distancing, looking for reason to move vote. the worst post has several mistakes, despite claiming to not make them. Encourages somi to vote Madge. Votes Madge again.
Post 7: Unsure if my post mistake or part of the game.

D2
Post 1: Not dead. Wam beyond scummy - hammered Madge but claimed didn't.
Post 2: somi very trusting of the worst in claiming info with no questions or suspicions. the worst giving result with no questioning able to frame interpretation as desired. Challenges the worst to consider why wam might not have killed them. Refuses to claim. Asks wam how he forgot about hammering Madge. Sceptical the worst's third party claim makes sense with claimed power.
Post 3: Asks worst for case on her, and for response to her question. Points out to me the worst claimed third-party. Fishing scummy.
Post 4: Filler
Post 5: Doesn't do cases. Thinks the worst is phoney. the worst must be lying. Clarifies third-party == scum to her. Doesnt' believe in claiming early, and against spirit of the game, and why care about secondary win cons. Sceptical of wam forgetting. The worst attempts don't work with her. Tunnels Madge every game. Had suspicion of wam's role, wanted to see what happened. Convenient BF/the worst clearing each other. Not voting heury.
Post 6: Town/Scum list, heury, me towniest; the worst, wam scummiest
I had negative gut feelings of bessie when going through, but on full reread, I don't get the same negative feeling. A number of her concerns line up with things I found similarly suspect. My only slight concern is that she didn't vote a player end of D1, sticking with her Madge vote throughout. However, I have a feeling I know why that's the case, so it's minor at this point at least. Slight town lean.

Mark/heury:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
D1
Post 1: Defends the worst to Madge. Asks not to be forgotten.

D2
Post 1: Planning on reading game and posting thoughts. Offers to answer questions.
Post 2: Me not scum or SK, the latter due to mentioning SK possibilities. Unsure if I'm town or even in game still. Votes the worst for having correct info about possible two 2 NKs.
Post 3: I'm only one to receive cryptic message. Chooses not to read anything into wam flip-flopping on Madge. Claims one-shot vig, with pizzazz win con to kill Mafia N1, but decided funnier to target Sabrar than risk hitting town. Surprised no other deaths. Believe's the worst's claim, but slight scum lean still. BF extra win con to trash on Madge?
Post 4: Chooses to believe BF for now.
Post 5: Leaning town on somi - though process similar to own, and agrees with read on the worst.
Post 6: Didn't have much time to think about setup before deciding night actions. Would likely not have shot Sabrar. Doesn't believe I or Sabrar are mafia. Town leans on all except bessie - straight neutral; doesn't believe wam is scum so votes her.
There's nothing worth noting in Mark's D1 play. Heury's play so far is not objectionable, but I do find his decision to use his 1-shot kill N1 strange, if he wasn't sure about who to target, especially given his claimed pizzazz win con. Slightly scummy as a result.

Bedtime.

Town
BoomFrog
the worst
bessie
somitomi
Heury
wam
Scum
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Wam wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:31 pm Given what we know.of the setup would you trust the result?

To be clear I'm not saying the worst is lying but they could be unknowing insane or boom could be a godfather.
Don't you mean "unknowing sane"? My message said Boom is a threat, but the worst claimed his result is insane. Anyway, on a serious note I wouldn't gamble my life on it, but I think madge hasn't lied to us so far. She's obfuscating for sure, but nothing turned out to be untrue yet, so I would imagine evidence supplied by two players together (one of which is your top townread) would count for more than "nothing to back it up". Seems kind of odd that even with the gutfeel this ranks Boom below me and my "normal somi play" even though (and I don't mean to toot my own horn here) said "normal somi play" has something of a reputation for appearing nullscum regardless of alignment.

^-^
the worst
jimbobmacdoodle
BoomFrog
bessie
heury
wam
>.<

Vote wam
for now, I expect to be back shortly before deadline.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Woof etc. The forum ate my post.

boomfrog wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:15 am
bessie wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:44 am How convenient that you and the worst are clearing each other.
It is very convenient, we are both hard to read players and this should save at least one miss elim. And now we can ignore all the blatant lying The Worst is doing.
Hmmm.
I know you’re capable.
From what I have seen, so is the worst.
[INSERT THINKING PUPPY PIC]

Wam wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:50 am L-1 please dont hammer!
Never. Players who hammer prematurely are scum.
[INSERT GLARING PUPPY PIC]

Wam wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:43 pm Bessie - gut says scum but nothing to back this up.
Maybe you should go to the doctor and get this checked out.
[INSERT CONCERNED PUPPY PIC]

Wam wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:31 pm To be clear I'm not saying the worst is lying but they could be unknowing insane
And his role could be insane.
[INSERT COMICAL PUPPY PIC]

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:32 pm I had negative gut feelings of bessie when going through, but on full reread, I don't get the same negative feeling. A number of her concerns line up with things I found similarly suspect. My only slight concern is that she didn't vote a player end of D1, sticking with her Madge vote throughout. However, I have a feeling I know why that's the case, so it's minor at this point at least. Slight town lean.
Hammer was at 1:59 AM on a work night California time.
[INSERT STERN PUPPY PIC]

Back in a bit. Maybe with actual puppy pics.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Vote: the worst
madge

Post by madge »

Night will be about 2 hours late. Therefore I'm making the deadline soft, not hard. I might not be able to post votals in the meantime sorry.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Wam

Post by Wam »

Going to take my shot before jimbob hammers.

I shoot somitomi the captain pirx