PYP PIZZAZZ MAFIA

What you're all really here for.
bessie

Re: PYP PIZZAZZ MAFIA

Post by bessie »

My husband has a gig so I won't be home until late tonight.

I am posting now because if I'm not here at my regular time BoomFrog will be pining for me.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

bessie wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:55 am My husband has a gig so I won't be home until late tonight.

I am posting now because if I'm not here at my regular time BoomFrog will be pining for me.
It's true. I await every evening when I get another chance to chit chat with you.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Well my strongest read is that jimbob is not scum. Also unlikely to be SK due to mentioning SK possibilities in their post. Undecided if they're town or even really even in the game still.

The worst as scum would most likely have the correct info D1 that Mafia can have 2 night kills.

Vote: the worst
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

the worst wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:01 pm Who do you think they shot? What's the purpose of asking me these questions?
What BoomFrog said. I don't think it's likely Sabrar was an actual night kill target (although I admit it's not impossible though), meaning there wasn't a kill last night for whatever reason.

Regarding asking you questions, it's me trying to understand your frame of mind, which in turn feeds into my read on you. You seemed awfully certain about there having been a regular night kill, and that it not being you must clear wam too, so I'm also pointing out the logic failure in this.
boomfrog wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:47 pm @Jimbob: Are you trying to figure out what people's pizzazz wins are?
It's one thing I'm trying to do, though certainly not the only one. I gave my justification for it yesterday.

@heury (or anybody else who knows): can you explain the cryptic and animated message I got in my overnight PM from Madge? Was I the only one to receive such a thing?

Also @heury, what do you think about wam's flip-flopping on Madge D1?
heuristically_alone wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:56 am Undecided if they're town or even really even in the game still.
Yes, I'm a full player now, until either game end or I die.

FTR: I've not voted yet, as I haven't got a clue what the votals are, but here's a rough order of town-scum, about 75% of which is gut reads:

Town
BoomFrog - feels townie
somitomi - here mostly by process of elimination, no strong read yet
heury - nothing objectionable so far
bessie - felt overly focused on the Madge lim D1, but this is a weak read
The worst - claimed third party and lying about his win con(s)
wam - unexplained flip-flopping on Madge D1
Scum
madge

Post by madge »

The all-seeing boy and the wiley woman each take a band to explore the now wall-less maze.

The wiley team approaches one of the leviathans, its movements languid, its jaw immense. One distracts it as another rolls underneath it, stabbing at its heart. It seems not to notice.

Votals:

Bessie - 1 - the worst
The worst - 2 - somitomi, heury
Somitomi - 1- boomfrog

It is now Day 2. Night falls in 2 days, 2 hours, 5 minutes
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Wam

Post by Wam »

I'm back! Going through questions now.
Wam

Post by Wam »

bessie wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:16 pm
madge wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:36 am The dog is dead, and the walls are gone.
Woof woof woof! I am not dead!

Wam wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:37 pm I have just realised EOD showed me voting madge and I had swapped to the worst. I have pmed madge.
Wam, you are so beyond scummy.
Wam wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:26 am unvote

Vote the worst
Wam wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:59 am Jimbobs appearance is very puzzling. Also implies that we can hammer madge. Let the pizzazz roll

vote madge

Ps I just keep reading pizzazz as a pizza and now I want a pizza! Preferably cheese and tomato!
Why you trying to hide that you hammered Madge?
I forgot I did that. Or for the pizzazz pick the option you want!
boomfrog wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:23 pm Also, @the Worst are you claiming neighbors with wam?
We are neighbour's
the worst

Post by the worst »

heuristically_alone wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:56 am Well my strongest read is that jimbob is not scum. Also unlikely to be SK due to mentioning SK possibilities in their post. Undecided if they're town or even really even in the game still.

The worst as scum would most likely have the correct info D1 that Mafia can have 2 night kills.

Vote: the worst

That was a lie to try and snipe my wincon. Lol. I'm neutral!

If Sabrar dying n1 was a meme then I'm less sure on Wam being non-groupscum, he's kinda just nullish

Still think somi is towny
the worst

Post by the worst »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:15 am
the worst wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:01 pm Who do you think they shot? What's the purpose of asking me these questions?
What BoomFrog said. I don't think it's likely Sabrar was an actual night kill target (although I admit it's not impossible though), meaning there wasn't a kill last night for whatever reason.

Regarding asking you questions, it's me trying to understand your frame of mind, which in turn feeds into my read on you. You seemed awfully certain about there having been a regular night kill, and that it not being you must clear wam too, so I'm also pointing out the logic failure in this.
Given you don't seem interested in what I am or am not certain of (I explained why I assumed Sabrar was a scum nightkill), I think that you decided you disliked my answer before I actually answered. This conversation has run its course - if you're town I'm trusting you to check your bias.

I'm more motivated by finding scum than by anything else. what do you think my motivations are? - survival? lol. hiding partners? lol.

I don't think you're trying to read me. I think you're trying to paint me red.
the worst

Post by the worst »

Wam wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:04 am
bessie wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:16 pm
madge wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:36 am The dog is dead, and the walls are gone.
Woof woof woof! I am not dead!

Wam wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:37 pm I have just realised EOD showed me voting madge and I had swapped to the worst. I have pmed madge.
Wam, you are so beyond scummy.
Wam wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:26 am unvote

Vote the worst
Wam wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:59 am Jimbobs appearance is very puzzling. Also implies that we can hammer madge. Let the pizzazz roll

vote madge

Ps I just keep reading pizzazz as a pizza and now I want a pizza! Preferably cheese and tomato!
Why you trying to hide that you hammered Madge?
I forgot I did that. Or for the pizzazz pick the option you want!
boomfrog wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:23 pm Also, @the Worst are you claiming neighbors with wam?
We are neighbour's
I feel like a lot is happening. You have anything to weigh in on?

You're being so unhelpful - is this a madge impersonation? :P
the worst

Post by the worst »

Somi - are you voting me because you think I'm lying about my result to get boomfrog townread? If so do you think I'm trying to do this because I'm scum with boomfrog?

If so a few considerations
Why do you think I'd come from a reasonably safe d1 position, as scum with boomfrog who is fairly well townread (other than by me) and immediately lock myself as scum with my partner?
Is there a reason you think I went about claiming in such a clumsy way rather than trying to set up a more intuitive claim if I wanted to try and spew my partner?

I understand your paranoia, I think. It's reasonable to mistrust people who are using you to gain information - and I was coy about the way I asked because I didn't know whether to trust you or not. It's just the nature of the game. If you're town, I'd appreciate seeing the next "level" of your reasoning.

I don't know how to get through to bessie. I think she's looking for ways to get eliminations, not ways to find scum. I feel like she's fairly obvious about it.
Wam

Post by Wam »

the worst wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:17 am
I feel like a lot is happening. You have anything to weigh in on?

You're being so unhelpful - is this a madge impersonation? :P
I'm just really busy and my heads not back in the game yet.
the worst

Post by the worst »

No problems, that's a mood. What's your take on somitomi & bessie?
Wam

Post by Wam »

Both are hitting meta based purely on gut. Bessie has seemed less tunnelly but that might be being an odd game.
jimbobmacdoodle

@wam - would you care to explain why you couldn't make up your mind on voting Madge D1? Also, why did you consider she was a higher threat than any non-mod player?

@bessie, second question above also applies to you.

@somitomi, equivalent question to you: why did you think Sabrar might be a valid lim candidate?

Vote wam

Since this is where I'm at currently.
the worst wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:15 am I don't think you're trying to read me. I think you're trying to paint me red.
You're a self-claimed third party, which means at best you're not town, and at worst are lying scum. You painted yourself red with that claim and the D1 lie about the extra night kill.
the worst wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:15 am if you're town I'm trusting you to check your bias.
Don't worry, I will try to find the time to reread you at some point, hopefully before deadline, to give things a different perspective than my realtime and half-distracted view is giving.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@Jimbob: I'm surprised you haven't figured out Bessie's pizzazz win-con. It wasn't subtle. Makes me wonder how sincerely you are paying attention.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Btw, I've gotten as much info as I can out of withholding this info. The worst is confirmed not a threat to town. I shot him with a vig shot that only eleminated threats and other wise gives them a gift. A "very balanced" power from our incompetent mod Madge "knows how balance works" Lebowski. Yes, her last name is connonically Lebowski in this game.
heuristically_alone

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:15 am @heury (or anybody else who knows): can you explain the cryptic and animated message I got in my overnight PM from Madge? Was I the only one to receive such a thing?
Yes, you're the only one.

I choose not to read into wam flip flopping on the mod. Could be they are trying to decide to go for a pizzazz wincon or go for whats best for town, which could infer they are town.

I'm a one shot vig. I have a pizzazz win condition to kill Mafia during N1. Decided it was just funnier to target Sabrar rather than risking hitting town. I am surprised that there were no other deaths.

I believe the worst's claim that they were going for their wincon, though still have a slight scum lean on them.

Is boomfrogs extra wincon to trash on Madge?
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
heuristically_alone

Ninja'd. Will elect to believe boomfrog for now.
----
he/him/they
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Pre-post edit: I wrote this as I read the backlog.
boomfrog wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:17 pm Why is The Worst's behavior scummy?
It's not really that his behavior is scummy, but that his claimed wincon doesn't quite mesh with the things I know about the game (which is admittedly limited and uncertain). It feels a bit like there was some other reason he wanted no elimination yesterday and the claim is just covering for that. The fact that the D1 warning about a double kill ending the game turned out to be a bust adds to this feeling.
the worst wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:01 pm @jimbob probably Sabrar? I guess I see a dead body in a Mafia game and it feels like a natural causation that they're dead because mafia. My wincon probably like, weakly suggests that it should be possible for nights to go by without death so I'm not inclined towards thinking sabrar just died randomly. But given madge's lack of setup ability whatever idk.
But it wasn't the dead body of a player though, it's weird that you think mafia targeted someone outside the game.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:55 pm @somitomi, equivalent question to you: why did you think Sabrar might be a valid lim candidate?
Actually I didn't. I specifically wanted to vote someone not in the game as an extremely clever and subversive joke, but the joke was on me when I got blindsided by the end of D1 before I could even consider moving it.
boomfrog wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:39 pm Btw, I've gotten as much info as I can out of withholding this info. The worst is confirmed not a threat to town. I shot him with a vig shot that only eleminated threats and other wise gives them a gift. A "very balanced" power from our incompetent mod Madge "knows how balance works" Lebowski. Yes, her last name is connonically Lebowski in this game.
How do you know the great lord Madge has blessed you with the complete truth?

Unvote

This means BoomFrog is probably clear too unless:
a) some third party managed to meddle with the message I received
b) the worst and BoomFrog are pulling the most blatant gambit I have ever witnessed
c) Madge lied to some of us
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
jimbobmacdoodle

boomfrog wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:34 pm @Jimbob: I'm surprised you haven't figured out Bessie's pizzazz win-con. It wasn't subtle. Makes me wonder how sincerely you are paying attention.
Oh, I have a very strong suspicion about her pizzazz win con, which makes me all the more surprised that she is refusing to claim it, if I'm right about it.

Sorry, had hoped to do a bit of reread this evening, but got caught up with other things.
madge

Post by madge »

The all-seeing team expertly avoids each of the Old Ones, as though they can see something we cannot.

Votals:

Bessie - 1 - the worst
The worst - 1 - heury
Somitomi - 1- boomfrog
wam - 1 - jimbob

With 7 players alive it take 4 to hammer.

It is Day 2. Night falls in 1 day, 11 hours, 25 minutes
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
heuristically_alone

Leaning town on somi. Their thought process is pretty similar my own this game and I agree with their read it the worst.
----
he/him/they
the worst

Post by the worst »

so this is a little awkward but i just checked and i am indeed aligned with the town
i probably would have played d1 a little different if i realised i needed to find the scumteam to win
i am so upset

vote: wam
wam/bessie is 2/2 ask me anything
the worst

Post by the worst »

boomfrog wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:39 pm Btw, I've gotten as much info as I can out of withholding this info. The worst is confirmed not a threat to town. I shot him with a vig shot that only eleminated threats and other wise gives them a gift. A "very balanced" power from our incompetent mod Madge "knows how balance works" Lebowski. Yes, her last name is connonically Lebowski in this game.
i do find it kinda funny we cleared each other last night.

you're absolutely right re. madge, i think she might want a reviewer on her next setup... and a setup designer.... and a team of consultants..... and something to keep her busy so she isn't involved......