Animal Kingdom Mafia (Game Over)

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Night 4)

Post by LaserGuy »

As the Sun rose, the animals gathered once more to discuss who the killer might be.

"Has sloth arrived yet?" asked the elephant.

"I don't see him around," grumbled the porcupine. "Why do we need to wait for the slowest one again?"

"Because sloth is the only one of us who hasn't had a chance to say anything," replied the ostrich.

"Guys?" called out the softshell crab, "We have another problem."

The animals all gathered near a tree next to the pond, where, inexplicably, a large bluefin tuna was tangled in its branches.

"The killer is still at large," boomed the elephant. "We should continue our discussions while we wait for sloth."


jimbobmacdoodle has been killed in the Night. He was Bluefin Tuna, Vanilla TOWN

It is Day 5. It is LYLO. Deadline will be at 11 PM on April 4th
User avatar
messie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:21 pm

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by messie »

Okay, so, FMPOV I'm lucky in that once I know who the fruit vendor is, I know who town is. I doubt scum has a fruit vendor and I'm willing to stake the game on it.

FV: can you claim. do NOT claim what my gift was. if you both claim FV then we'll work out how to validate you (I have a few ideas).
User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:04 pm

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by somitomi »

Quick claim before work: I'm a house cat and the (compulsive) fruit vendor. I breadcrumbed the role name in my first post with the initials of players. I targeted messie, Mark, Jimbob and Wam in this order.
—◯-◯
User avatar
Wam
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:29 am

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by Wam »

I'm VT and can confirm I received something overnight.

I'm 98% there but @somi justify why laser wouldnt put a mafia fruit vendor in as a twist but easy for neiqbies to understand?
User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:04 pm

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by somitomi »

Wam wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:26 am I'm VT and can confirm I received something overnight.

I'm 98% there but @somi justify why laser wouldnt put a mafia fruit vendor in as a twist but easy for neiqbies to understand?
I think Town fruit vendor makes more sense with the PRs flipped so far. Mafia has a tracker to catch the doctor and town has a fruit vendor as a distraction. If the FV was mafia, I'd kind of expect a town investigative role to go with it, which in our case would have to be messie.
—◯-◯
User avatar
Wam
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:29 am

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by Wam »

Ok I thats solidified what I was thinking. It did make me realise messie hasn't actually claimed....

So from my POE it's got to be messie. As I said yesterday it's down to you somi for a decision. Fire away if you have any questions for me.
User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by LaserGuy »

Just FYI there are some shenanigans going on due to April 1st. Uncertain how long they will last. Proceed with caution.

I will extend deadline if necessary.
User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:04 pm

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by somitomi »

Quoting is a bit weird like this, but it should be clear what I'm quoting
Wam wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:26 am I'm 98% there but @somi justify why laser wouldnt flush Barry? mafia fruit vendor Barry! Breakfast is ready! as Barry? twist but easy four neiqbies too understand?
Why didn't you ask this yesterday when Jimbob and messie started operating on the assumption that the fruit vendor is town?
messie wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:30 pm FV: can you claim. do NOT claim what my gift was. if you both claim FV then we'll work out how too validate you (I have Barry? few ideas).
Why didn't you want me to claim what the gift is?
—◯-◯
User avatar
Wam
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:29 am

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by Wam »

@somi I think understand. I have twonreasons for asking you today, Because overnight I was being paranoid that I was wrong and two I think town FV would have thought it through like you had.
User avatar
messie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:21 pm

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by messie »

Well look, I think th claimed FV is reliable & it stacks u_p with th weird voting behaviour tht rubbed me wrong from w am during th interactions analysis.

(you can use preview to check your message won't filter, i have used tht liberally here)

anyway,

vote: w am, th player with th squid avatar, order to be sure i'm being unambiguous
User avatar
messie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:21 pm

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by messie »

Forgot to claim, I'm VT
User avatar
messie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:21 pm

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by messie »

***tht rubbed m_e, messie, wrong
User avatar
Wam
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:29 am

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by Wam »

v o t e m e s s i e

I think all the arguments have been said but the Tldr option is that it's the defence of boom all the way through.
User avatar
Wam
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:29 am

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by Wam »

Reworded

I think all arguments have been said. Tldr option is dog person has defended boom all through game.
User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by LaserGuy »

Mod Madness will be going on for the next two weeks. In the interest of keeping the game moving, I would suggest players follow the steps outlined in this post to remove the changes.
User avatar
messie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:21 pm

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by messie »

I more enjoy rewording things, but you do you.
User avatar
Wam
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:29 am

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by Wam »

somitomi wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:27 am Ping
Anything to ask me?
User avatar
Wam
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:29 am

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by Wam »

E b w o p

M e

F i l t e r i n way
User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:04 pm

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by somitomi »

Wam wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:37 am @somi I think understand. I have twonreasons for asking you today, Because overnight I was being paranoid that I was wrong and two I think town FV would have thought it through like you had.
I didn't really think about that until you asked me about it though, so I don't entirely see the logic there.
messie wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:03 am Ping
Can you answer this, please?
somitomi wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:27 am Why didn't you want me to claim what the gift is?
—◯-◯
User avatar
Wam
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:29 am

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by Wam »

Because i have seen variants before previously where you could choose to give different "fruits" to people and you could have been doing something odd.
User avatar
messie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:21 pm

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by messie »

Sorry, missed your question.

I didn't want to claim as, like I said, given th setup I was happy to assume FV was town. If scum CC'd you, I'd need to prove who was who, & gift would help do that. (I actually figured you might be cat, so I was going to ask you both to claim species 1st)

Didn't you see my breadcrumb? Reply with whole thing about killing 'squeaker': viewtopic.php?p=19724#p19724 (i.e. dead mouse). I figured it was obvious enough for you to understand immediately at th time, sorry.
User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:04 pm

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by somitomi »

Sorry I'm not writing around the word filters, turning them off was easier.
messie wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:54 am Sorry, missed your question.

I didn't want to claim as, like I said, given th setup I was happy to assume FV was town. If scum CC'd you, I'd need to prove who was who, & gift would help do that. (I actually figured you might be cat, so I was going to ask you both to claim species 1st)
I wasn't asking why you didn't want to claim, I'm asking why you didn't want me, me, me to claim the gift right away. An answer occurs to me as I'm writing this, but I'd like to hear yours anyway.
Didn't you see my breadcrumb? Reply with whole thing about killing 'squeaker': viewtopic.php?p=19724#p19724 (i.e. dead mouse). I figured it was obvious enough for you to understand immediately at th time, sorry.
Oh no, I did see it and I was fairly certain it was a reference to the gift.
—◯-◯
User avatar
messie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:21 pm

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by messie »

Okay I've turned the filter off this account so I'll elaborate on what I explained above (sorry w am, turn filter off!).

As far as I was concerned, FV is town: mafia has a tracker, town has a doctor, so FV makes sense to confuse the tracker and also for situations like this as a Named Townie.

Worst case scenario for me was D5 both you and wam claim FV, and then I need to make a decision about who is lying and who is telling the truth.

In order to facilitate that decision, I had one bit of information that might confirm the fruit vendor (the nature of the gift) that scum didn't know.

So if you and wam both claim FV, then I'd ask you both to claim your species (like I said, I suspected a cat might leave a dead mouse: check my chat log after the game lol). Then I'd ask whoever claimed the more suspicious species/was more suspicious overall to claim what the gift was.

Then I'd vote for whoever got it wrong / was more suspicious of the two who got it right, and pray.
User avatar
messie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:21 pm

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by messie »

(I mean of course scum may have received a gift but it's all I had. I'm sure I'd have had a lively internal debate about the final decision if both of you knew the correct answer, or I'd just go with the cat if scum didn't also choose something that might leave a mouse. As wam said there's also the fact that some FVs let the FV sent different fruits on different days. I can keep thinking up hypotheticals and stuff if you want, but I'll be here all night)
User avatar
Wam
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:29 am

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 5)

Post by Wam »

Filter is off. Dont think I have missed any questions though.
Post Reply