Animal Kingdom Mafia (Game Over)

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
LaserGuy

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 2)

Post by LaserGuy »

Vote Count 2.7

BoomFrog (3): Eido, phillip, Mark_Cangila
Wam (1): somitomi
Makhaira (2): Wam, BoomFrog

Not voting: messie, Makhaira

Deadline in just under 2 hours
messie

Post by messie »

Just got home got something I need to do (I brought work home) but was thinking about this.
The Almighty Mod wrote:The player with the most votes at the end of the day, regardless of how many votes that is, will be eliminated. A majority is not required. In the event of a tied vote, the player who reached the highest number of votes first will be eliminated. If any player reaches a majority of votes during the day, it is a hammer vote and the day will end.

As soon as the day ends, players are not to post in thread, even if the host or co-host is not available to call the end of day.

Players are allowed to vote for No Elimination. In the unlikely event of a tie between No Elimination and a player, the elimination of the player always takes precedence.
This is different from most other games on the old xkcd forum where No Elimination wins all ties, and I really didn’t think about it when I was considering the setup. Scum doesn’t automatically win at 2-2 they have to be online first.

I am thinking about this and how it relates to endgame. Both in count strategy, and in who is most likely to be online at start of day.
messie

Post by messie »

Makhaira wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:13 am messie why not boom?
I get a not-scum feeling from him.
messie

Post by messie »

Can everyone that hasn't already done so post an ordered list (no groupings) before deadline?

Vote: somitomi

Placeholder. Open to discussion.

I feel BoomFrog and Makhaira are not-scum.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

messie wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:34 am Can everyone that hasn't already done so post an ordered list (no groupings) before deadline?

Really?
He rolefished, then thinks I'm scummy for stopping him.
He kept his vote on Heury even though he said my posts were "gross".
He's said phillip was likely town but still wants to eliminate him.

I think the case is pretty good.

Vote wam with me then?

Vote wam
Mark_Cangila

Post by Mark_Cangila »

A lot of what Boom says about Mak is hard for me to interpret because it's often stylistic and strategic stuff that can vary forum to forum. Reads list explanations or the way Mak describes people as "gross" isn't inherently scummy, and the way BF presents it as such seems off to me. While it does make Mak look scummy, it seems much more like scum grasping at straws.

This makes the Wam switch seem so weird to me as well. How do you switch your vote based on the person you find scummy giving an analysis of someone, without any response from the person? I literally can't put this together in my mind, except if there's some weird wam+boom scum team and gambitry happening. I know it's super unlikely, but some part of me is just saying it's what's happening. Wam's setting up a clear separation from Boom, and then betting on the kill to seem convinient enough that people move away from it last minute. I still see a Boom+Messie team as more likely, I guess, but they're just so blatant I don't know what to think.
boomfrog wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:47 pm
Mark_Cangila wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:04 pm @Boomfrog, could you please respond to this? This is part of what I find so scummy about your D1 play - how did you suddenly become so pro-Messie in such a short time, and start seeking out Eido and Somitomi as scum? I don't see a townie explanation for this in my head.
Quick answer: The low ranking for messie was because of the weird vote on heury and confusion about Makhaira vs heury doing the rolefishing. But when it came down to crunch time, my gut said messie is as lock town as you can get in this game. She could have self pres voted me instead of Heury, and I'm a much more dangerous townie then Heury is, she would have wanted to take the opportunity to eliminate me if they were scum. More importantly, the Makhaira screw up and other examples means they are posting freely without fully consulting internally. Scum messie would be more concerned about coordinating. Heury was likely town, but there was a possibility of scum so I went for it. There was no good choice there though.
This logic makes no sense. How do you go from a scummy read to "as lock town as you can get". And at that time, Heury was tied with Messie for votes - you had zero.

I can't really say much on the paying attention portion, but we've seen more than a few accidents in this thread already. My question is about why Messie and Heury suddenly switched positions so strongly, not about who was likely town or not.

Town

Eido - Eido seems kinda meh to me D2? Their play doesn't stand out a lot, but that may not mean much. I'm going to trust my D1 feeling here, especially when D2 has been so quiet. However, I see how this could also be scum coasting.

Philip - all that needs to be said on Philip has kinda been said. There's absolutely nothing to go off of. The fact he's up here is more of a reflection of my lack of strong town reads right now than my strong scum reads.

Somitomi - The switch from coasting and kind of aggressing Boom to suddenly voting Wam? Absolutely baffling. I can't really make heads or tails of it, this is too much coasting for scum either.

Mak - Scummy-neutral for me. Boom's case makes sense, but a lot of it could be different styles on different forums. What seems more damning to me is the reaction - it looks desperate and wild, flailing for something to say, which I don't love at all. If boom is town, I think Mak shoots up in scuminess.

Wam - This is a new addition, and a weaker one, but the Mak vote is bugging me. I don't care how convincing logic might be, you don't usually switch near day end because of analysis by your scumread. Either Wam is just tired, or there's some weird wam+boom team.

Messie - Feels very defensive of themselves, and also Boom. This would normally be a scum tell but with experienced players it just turns into a whole bucket of wine. Imo, it feels different than what I've seen from Bessie at least, and notable enough to seem weird (I'm sorry Madge, but I don't 100% remember your style that much - I don't know if I played with you in as many games as with Bessie).

BF - I've detailed my reasons throughout the thread. The Eido vote at the end of D1 makes sense to me if there's a Messie+Boom team, but not really with a Wam+Boom team. What's odd to me though is just the way he's acted towards Messie, and vice versa - it doesn't make much sense to me. Either way, I don't see a great non-scummy explanation for a lot of Boom's actions - maybe extreme self-pres, if that?

Scum

I haven't rechecked this because it's way too late. Gonna head to bed in a second.
Mark_Cangila

Post by Mark_Cangila »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:44 am
messie wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:34 am Can everyone that hasn't already done so post an ordered list (no groupings) before deadline?

Really?
He rolefished, then thinks I'm scummy for stopping him.
He kept his vote on Heury even though he said my posts were "gross".
He's said phillip was likely town but still wants to eliminate him.

I think the case is pretty good.

Vote wam with me then?

Vote wam
This is what I don't like about this vote-switching - you're also so worried about self-pres, switching to whoever you don't like who you think can take pressure off of you. As to your points on Mak, I agree with the first one, I'm kinda eh on the 2nd one (gotta reread and I'm too tired), and I disagree with the last one - Mak's point is that it's irrelevant whether phillip is town because it's about him being a liability. Anyways, I'm heading to bed for real now.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Mark_Cangila wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:47 am This logic makes no sense. How do you go from a scummy read to "as lock town as you can get". And at that time, Heury was tied with Messie for votes - you had zero.
lol, wut?

This is the vtotals right before I said I'd vote Heury:
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:23 am Votecount 1.5

messie (3): heury, phillip, Wam
Eido (1): BoomFrog
heury (3): Makhaira, Mark, messie
BoomFrog (3): Sabrar, Eido, somitomi

I believe this is correct. In the event of a tie, heury would be yeeted first at present since he had the highest previous total.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Mark_Cangila wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:54 am This is what I don't like about this vote-switching - you're also so worried about self-pres, switching to whoever you don't like who you think can take pressure off of you. As to your points on Mak, I agree with the first one, I'm kinda eh on the 2nd one (gotta reread and I'm too tired), and I disagree with the last one - Mak's point is that it's irrelevant whether phillip is town because it's about him being a liability. Anyways, I'm heading to bed for real now.
I clearly stated I think the team is wam+Makhaira and I'll happily vote either one toDay. I don't support any other elimination, and honestly, better to eliminate me then another townie. After I'm confirmed town toMorrow please trust my skills and eliminate wam and Makhaira.
Mark_Cangila

Post by Mark_Cangila »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:56 am
Mark_Cangila wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:47 am This logic makes no sense. How do you go from a scummy read to "as lock town as you can get". And at that time, Heury was tied with Messie for votes - you had zero.
lol, wut?

This is the vtotals right before I said I'd vote Heury:
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:23 am Votecount 1.5

messie (3): heury, phillip, Wam
Eido (1): BoomFrog
heury (3): Makhaira, Mark, messie
BoomFrog (3): Sabrar, Eido, somitomi

I believe this is correct. In the event of a tie, heury would be yeeted first at present since he had the highest previous total.
I was talking about MESSIE'S self-pres vote - when that happened, you had zero votes.

Additionally, I'm less worried about you moving Heury more scummy, but about you moving Messie from so low to so high.
messie

Post by messie »

Hmmm, I wonder if somitomi will be awake in time to check the thread.

Unvote

Vote: Wam

No changes to my previous Woof-Grr list.
messie

Post by messie »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:44 am He's said phillip was likely town but still wants to eliminate him.
Do you not think there may be another reason for this that is irrelevant to Philip's alignment? Think creatively.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

messie wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:11 am
boomfrog wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:44 am He's said phillip was likely town but still wants to eliminate him.
Do you not think there may be another reason for this that is irrelevant to Philip's alignment? Think creatively.
I think that is your reason but not Makhaira's reason.
boomfrog

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 1)

Post by boomfrog »

Makhaira wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:56 am
messie wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:12 amIf your content doesn’t improve we cant let you survive to Day 3 because you will be a liability at LYLO/MYLO. So if you are town, you will start posting some content NOW so we don’t need to waste Day 2, where you will likely be policy eliminated.
messie do yall stand by this?
This post was sincerely proposing eliminating phillip right now because Makhaira was worried that the elimination might swing to himself and he's looking for alternatives. That's why he asked this and asked about No Elimination. But now that things have stayed settled on eliminating me he has disappeared and is hanging back. Pure self prez motivation. I couldn't be more confident about him being scum.

It wasn't about the secret reason you are alluding to.
messie

Post by messie »

Unofficial votals:

BoomFrog (3): Eido, phillip, Mark_Cangila
Wam (3): somitomi, BoomFrog, messie
Makhaira (1): Wam

Not voting: Makhaira

So Makhaira it looks like it’s up to you, unless somitomi logs in but its 7am for him.
messie

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 1)

Post by messie »

Makhaira wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:14 am im kind of at a point right now where it has to be like either as simple as boom/messie or im like completely wrong and am getting played by someone like wam or mark. I really feel like eido is town and somi feels like a lost townie barely paying attention but like having genuine reactions
I just reread somi's posts and I don't get the same feeling as you do about his content, not at all. somitoni is in general a light poster and easily overwhelmed, and I usually scum read him so you may take that in to account when you consider my point of view. But do not let somitomi fool you; he is an experienced player and very clever.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

I agree with that. Somi is savvy, just low effort.
messie

Post by messie »

Even considering the current votes, I still see a strong possibility of a somitomi-Wam team (refer to my end of Day 1 comments on this). Wam had no votes when somitomi voted, and was an unlikely elimination (I think I was the only one strongly suspecting him).
messie

Post by messie »

I'm just going to keep posting any thoughts I have until deadline. BoomFrog you should do the same.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

shit came up and I got pulled away from the game sorry

gonna stick with my gut and trust in sabrar here assuming im not too late

Vote: Boomfrog
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

hopefully its literally just boom/messie if its not this game is gonna get really hairy

mark, that rapid posting style is just what I do when Im trying to get thoughts up asap when deadline nears fwiw, it NAI for me but of course Im not expecting anyone here to know that
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

I get that Ill prob be MLed if boom flips town but I mean if he's town we're all lost af lets be real
Eido

Post by Eido »

I’m here. On phone so it will be hard.
messie

Post by messie »

Makhaira wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:51 am I get that Ill prob be MLed if boom flips town but I mean if he's town we're all lost af lets be real
I know we should have probably gone for Philip.
messie

Post by messie »

Eido wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:54 am I’m here. On phone so it will be hard.
Unofficial votals:

BoomFrog (4): Eido, phillip, Mark_Cangila, Makhaira
Wam (3): somitomi, BoomFrog, messie
Makhaira (1): Wam

Eido, its up to you, you can stay on Boom or switch to Wam, that's about the only choice.