Animal Kingdom Mafia (Game Over)

What you're all really here for.
Mark_Cangila

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Mark_Cangila »

Sabrar wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:52 pm I'm about 97% certain that heury and Mark are not both scum. I'm about 88% certain that heury is not scum.
This seems incredibly sure for so little content from me (I've been at work and school). And why rule out us as buddies specifically? I don't think we interacted
Eido wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:08 am Ok so, random coffee thought. I've been thinking about this post:
phillip1882 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:15 pm so since i already vote do i still have to post every day?
Scum!Phillip, being new and all, probably seeks this type of guidance from the private chat ? They would have a buddy and a mentor after all.
Do scum have daychat? I checked the rules and the word chat was used, but IDK if that refers to scumchat too.
messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:12 am I think I’m less likely to tunnel, this time, but right now Sabrar’s my scum read.

Or is he?
This just seems pointlessly vague to me. I guess it might be a gag but still I don't love that ambiguity for the sake of ambiguity.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

It's because of the context in how I brought you up in game. If I were scum, I'd be unlikely to mention you so casually if you were my buddy.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Mark_Cangila wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:41 pm This seems incredibly sure for so little content from me (I've been at work and school). And why rule out us as buddies specifically? I don't think we interacted
You interacted indirectly (heury failed to notice that you already posted).
Mark_Cangila wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:41 pm Do scum have daychat? I checked the rules and the word chat was used, but IDK if that refers to scumchat too.
LaserGuy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:24 pm Players with the ability to do so may chat at any point during the day or night phase.
This usually refers to scum-chat as well.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Sabrar wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:42 am
boomfrog wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:31 am @Sabrar: Why do you think Messie is my scum buddy?
Why do you think I think messie is scum?
Because a little tiny town Sabrar lives in my brain on a little tiny xcadia and he's said you'd think the was the most suspicious pairing at that moment. I know your vote was RVS I'm not counting that.
Sabrar wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:16 amI try hard not to do quick scum-reads anymore.
How convenient.

Vote Sabrar
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

boomfrog wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:19 pm Because a little tiny town Sabrar lives in my brain on a little tiny xcadia and he's said you'd think the was the most suspicious pairing at that moment. I know your vote was RVS I'm not counting that.
Please explain how you came to that conclusion.
- up until that point you haven't interacted with messie at all,
- messie posted exactly once, a totally NAI introductory post in which they have not interacted with you
- outside of my RVS I have interacted/mentioned messie exactly once, in that post I expressed no suspicion towards them.

There was simply no reason for you to think that I would consider messie and you the most suspicious pairing.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Sabrar wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:16 am I try hard not to do quick scum-reads anymore.
why not?
heuristically_alone wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:18 pm
heuristically_alone wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:46 am
Makhaira wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:22 pm

are these related?
Great question. I do not have a read on messie and I treat them as one entity. So not related.
Forgot that I DO have a read on messie. Hence the vote. Still only treating as one entity though.
cant decide whether this is a legit forgetful townslip or a quick scum correction to an initially unrealized inconsistency ugh
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Makhaira wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:38 pm
Sabrar wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:16 am I try hard not to do quick scum-reads anymore.
why not?
Because in the past my early tunnels were more often wrong then right.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Sabrar wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:52 pm I'm about 97% certain that heury and Mark are not both scum. I'm about 88% certain that heury is not scum.
was your use of percentages here specifically meant to bait out something like this?
heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:15 pm Oof, I'm only 66% sure Sabrar is town.
@heury and messie

on a scale from 1-10 how mountainous do you think this game is?
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Sabrar wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:49 pm
Makhaira wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:38 pm
why not?
Because in the past my early tunnels were more often wrong then right.
isn't this more an argument for not tunneling early reads, as opposed to not having early scum reads at all?
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Makhaira wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:51 pm was your use of percentages here specifically meant to bait out something like this?
Not specifically, though I of course was interested in any reaction to it.
Makhaira wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:52 pm isn't this more an argument for not tunneling early reads, as opposed to not having early scum reads at all?
I tend to believe that I'm right, so if I have a scum-read then I will definitely tunnel.
phillip1882

Post by phillip1882 »

I'm about 88% certain that heury is not scum.
ok, i'm thinking i should vote for someone else then.
but i dont want to just make a shot in the dark. i see nothing in any particular post that makes me think its that person.
lover of chess, baduk, and civ 4.
capable of eating sin, removing negative energy, and healing while sleeping.
phillip1882

Post by phillip1882 »

i decided to vote
vote: messie,
as he'she is the most common choice, besides sabrar
lover of chess, baduk, and civ 4.
capable of eating sin, removing negative energy, and healing while sleeping.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

phillip1882 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:54 pm
I'm about 88% certain that heury is not scum.
ok, i'm thinking i should vote for someone else then.
but i dont want to just make a shot in the dark. i see nothing in any particular post that makes me think its that person.
You should not base your vote on what others think. I could be scum for instance, protecting my partner. Or I could be simply wrong.
You should ask questions, trying to figure out who is honest and who is not. If you can't think of any questions you might try to just give your opinion on current state of affairs.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Also, it is good that you are voting because that leaves a trail and can be analyzed later. However you should try to articulate why you are voting for that person. Just because they appear to be the common consensus might be a good enough reason for you but for the others it's rarely enough. Why vote messie instead of me when (as you yourself have noted) we both are a common choice?
Wam

Post by Wam »

phillip1882 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:59 pm i decided to vote
Trust no one and trust no one elses reads we have all lost games based only bad town reads.
messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:07 am
Messie is going to be hard to read.
Hmmm, I like the way you just dropped this in there. What did you mean by it? Or did you just want to talk about me me me me me?
Just talk about you you you. No it was just my stream of consciousness as I try to get my head into the game.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Sabrar wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:42 am That's the standard chance anyone would have being town. heury is supposedly town from their own pov so 9 players, 3 scum means 6 other townies, 6/9 = 66% give or take.
I knew it's gonna be simple math, but my brain wasn't working well.
Sabrar wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:18 am
Eido wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:08 am Scum!Phillip, being new and all, probably seeks this type of guidance from the private chat ? They would have a buddy and a mentor after all.
However his buddy could advise him to repeat this question in the thread as well to give off this exact impression. Similar things have happened before.
Do we know if Philip has a mentor? I think this would be a question you'd ask your mentor regardless of aligment, so Philip asking it here could be a trick.
heuristically_alone wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:18 pm Forgot that I DO have a read on messie. Hence the vote. Still only treating as one entity though.
How do you forget that you have a read on someone?
Sabrar wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:07 pm I tend to believe that I'm right, so if I have a scum-read then I will definitely tunnel.
What you need is crippling self-doubt then ;)
(side effects may include feeling miserable most of the time)
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

somitomi wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:54 pm Do we know if Philip has a mentor? I think this would be a question you'd ask your mentor regardless of aligment, so Philip asking it here could be a trick.
I thought about that and declined to ask the mod about it because I believe it shouldn't influence my read on him.
messie

Post by messie »

Woof! Today I stopped wearing the cone of shame, which was good because there were lots of things in the yard that needed to be growled at so I have been very busy catching up!

Sabrar wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:31 am
messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:07 am Why an FoS why not a vote? Is there a reason you want to leave your vote on me me me?
You're fully aware that I don't switch often. It simply didn't merit a vote.
Ok. How do I merit keeping your vote?

Eido wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:57 am This something you can talk about more? Why is the timing suspicious?
Because he was waiting for the game to start when he should have been asleep.

Eido wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:15 am Is Sabrar's timing being off something you consider reliable?
No, which is why I will be evaluating his content as a whole. Woof.

Eido wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:08 am Scum!Phillip, being new and all, probably seeks this type of guidance from the private chat ? They would have a buddy and a mentor after all.

This post gives me a Town ping for now.
I would be very cautious of labeling things as town-slips or scum-slips, especially in a new player. Most often, I find that they’re just newbie-slips.

heuristically_alone wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:18 pm Forgot that I DO have a read on messie. Hence the vote. Still only treating as one entity though.
skeptical bessie.PNG
skeptical bessie.PNG (77.77 KiB) Viewed 2192 times

Mark_Cangila wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:41 pm Do scum have daychat? I checked the rules and the word chat was used, but IDK if that refers to scumchat too.
Usually it means all chat is day/night chat.

heuristically_alone wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:45 pm It's because of the context in how I brought you up in game. If I were scum, I'd be unlikely to mention you so casually if you were my buddy.
Have I ever mentioned how much I hate “if I were scum” posts?

boomfrog wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:19 pm Because a little tiny town Sabrar lives in my brain on a little tiny xcadia and he's said you'd think the was the most suspicious pairing at that moment. I know your vote was RVS I'm not counting that.
I am picturing a reality where we all only exist in BoomFrog’s mind.
bessie in booms mind.PNG
bessie in booms mind.PNG (223.88 KiB) Viewed 2192 times

Makhaira wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:51 pm @heury and messie

on a scale from 1-10 how mountainous do you think this game is?
Woof? Can you explain what you mean?

phillip1882 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:59 pm i decided to vote
Reasons you find me scummy?
Sabrar wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:01 pm
somitomi wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:54 pm Do we know if Philip has a mentor? I think this would be a question you'd ask your mentor regardless of aligment, so Philip asking it here could be a trick.
I thought about that and declined to ask the mod about it because I believe it shouldn't influence my read on him.
Grrrr.
LaserGuy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:13 am It is now Day 1. Deadline will be 11 PM PST on Tuesday, March 8th.

FYI: Phillip1882 will be mentored by Osieorb18
FoS somitomi

FoS Sabrar
Mark_Cangila

Post by Mark_Cangila »

messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:54 pm
messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:07 am Why an FoS why not a vote? Is there a reason you want to leave your vote on me me me?
messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:54 pm FoS somitomi

FoS Sabrar
Why are you FoSing, then? This is especially weird because of your ambiguity on Sabrar previously:
messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:12 am Surely you know about my (half?) talent with confirmation posts, and my (full) experience with the inimitable mind of Sabrar?

I think I’m less likely to tunnel, this time, but right now Sabrar’s my scum read.

Or is he?
Why aren't you so sure about Sabrar?
messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:13 am
Sabrar wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:01 pm
Grrrr.
This, to me, reads like Sabrar just making an ethics decision not really a scum or town thing.
messie

Post by messie »

Mark_Cangila wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:48 pm

FoS Sabrar
Why are you FoSing, then?
Because it’s suspicious to me that Town would not ask questions about the setup when they’re relevant, as they were when trying to determine if something’s a genuine slip or not, especially when the information is already available in the thread.
Mark_Cangila wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:48 pm This is especially weird because of your ambiguity on Sabrar previously:
messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:12 am Surely you know about my (half?) talent with confirmation posts, and my (full) experience with the inimitable mind of Sabrar?

I think I’m less likely to tunnel, this time, but right now Sabrar’s my scum read.

Or is he?
Why aren't you so sure about Sabrar?
I wasn’t sure about Sabrar because nobody’s ever sure about anything, but if you want the Doylist explanation it’s because I didn’t get to run it past my other half and I wanted to equivocate, which was a bad idea in retrospect.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Sabrar wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:59 pm
Please explain how you came to that conclusion.
You first. You haven't answered my question or my implied question at all.

1) Was I right?
2) If not who was near the bottom of your list?

Bonus question:
Was your fos on me serious? (I assume yes, you are always serious). What kind of first post did you expect from me?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Makhaira wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:51 pm on a scale from 1-10 how mountainous do you think this game is?
What are you hoping to get out of this question?

I recommend no one answer this question, btw.
Mark_Cangila

Post by Mark_Cangila »

messie wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:11 am
Mark_Cangila wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:48 pm

FoS Sabrar
Why are you FoSing, then?
Because it’s suspicious to me that Town would not ask questions about the setup when they’re relevant, as they were when trying to determine if something’s a genuine slip or not, especially when the information is already available in the thread.
My question was about why you're FoSing instead of voting, it's odd you didn't notice that
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:54 pm Ok. How do I merit keeping your vote?
The main reason is that I'm lazy (as I already said). After a while it just became funny.
messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:54 pm Because he was waiting for the game to start when he should have been asleep.
Mod wrote that pm-s were sent out at 11:18PM my time. I don't go to bed before midnight. You might have your timezones wrong because of daylight savings.
messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:54 pm FYI: Phillip1882 will be mentored by Osieorb18
You can check timestamp of the edit and see it was added half a day after game started. I generally don't bother to reread gamestarting posts.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

boomfrog wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:19 am 1) Was I right?
2) If not who was near the bottom of your list?

Bonus question:
Was your fos on me serious? (I assume yes, you are always serious). What kind of first post did you expect from me?
You were wrong. At that point I didn't have a reasonable suspicion on anyone, you included. I had town-pings from several people but no scum-pings and I didn't try to order anyone.
My FoS on you was serious to the effect that I expected more content from you (as you so eloquently said once). It did not mean I've decided then and there that you must be scum. I did not have any specific expectations.