Animal Kingdom Mafia (Game Over)

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
heuristically_alone

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 1)

Post by heuristically_alone »

Makhaira wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:51 pm
@heury and messie

on a scale from 1-10 how mountainous do you think this game is?
Can you define mountainous?

somitomi wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:54 pm
heuristically_alone wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:18 pm Forgot that I DO have a read on messie. Hence the vote. Still only treating as one entity though.
How do you forget that you have a read on someone?
Due to having just worked a particularly exhausting 12 hour shift and forgotten literally everything I'd said thus far.
messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:54 pm
heuristically_alone wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:45 pm It's because of the context in how I brought you up in game. If I were scum, I'd be unlikely to mention you so casually if you were my buddy.
Have I ever mentioned how much I hate “if I were scum” posts?
Have I ever mentioned that I don't care if you hate the truth?
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@heury Anything particular interesting happening for you in RL? New job?
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

A couple months ago got put in charge of my department and been training the newest hires. It's been fun but the last couple days have been more abnormally stressful then it needed to be.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

@messie: did you miss this question?
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

@Mark: what is your opinion on Eido?
@somitomi: do you have any reads right now?
Eido

Post by Eido »

Really need to start locking down some thoughts as the deadline is looming.

Impressions are I’m getting good vibes from Messie (mainly what looks like the Bessie side).
I like Wam’s ‘stream of consciousness’ post.
Phillip’s posts look endearing and I want to lean Town.
And then I have this big block of everyone else that I need to spend some time refining.
Eido

Post by Eido »

heuristically_alone wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:18 pm
heuristically_alone wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:46 am Great question. I do not have a read on messie and I treat them as one entity. So not related.
Forgot that I DO have a read on messie. Hence the vote. Still only treating as one entity though.
heuristically_alone wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:38 am
somitomi wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:54 pm How do you forget that you have a read on someone?
Due to having just worked a particularly exhausting 12 hour shift and forgotten literally everything I'd said thus far.
Yo, so these posts aren't too clear to me. I know you said above you were exhausted from work, but did you forget the read because it wasn't important? I think your vote is still on Messie, so it's unclear where your head is at.
Eido

Post by Eido »

Wam wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:04 pm Initial impressions is eido is town. I agree with sabrar that huery is leaning town.

Messie is going to be hard to read.
You able you talk about your Heury/Sabrar reads here?
Wam

Post by Wam »

@sabrar can you detail your Heury read more?

I'm leaning this way.

vote messie

I dont get the fos for not seeing something in the OP especially as it was added later. I had completely missed it as well.

Cycnical sucipous view says messie is worried about sabrar as they have the best meta read on madge and bessie. But I maybe being too cynical.
Wam

Post by Wam »

L-3 fyi
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Wam wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:24 pm @sabrar can you detail your Heury read more?
heury in Secret Santa made a mistake similar to what happened here. I followed it along in case I needed for replacement and when I read it my immediate reaction was "Okay, heury is lock-town". I was really surprised when others tried to paint it as a scum-slip, but of course they turned out to be scum themselves so it was understandable in hindsight. I believe that scum!heury would be aware of their partner's content and it's not in his range (yet) to fake it. That's why I'm almost certain that heury can't be Mark's buddy.
I'm a bit less certain of him not being scum at all as he could have a good buddy/coach, but the overall vibe I get from him (e.g. the vote on messie without feeling the need to justify it) make me think he doesn't care about appearances and that would be town-indicative.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Thanks. Reading sabrar as town now as I think scum sabrar would have been less committal above.

So head is at the below.

Town
Eido
Sabrar
Heury
Somi

Neutral (no particular order)
Boom
Phillip
Mark
Makhira

Scum
Messie

Side note not going to vote Philip at any point today on principle as day 1 Elim for newbies is not on.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Wam wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:25 pmL-3 fyi
I believe it is L-2 actually with philip, heury, you and myself. So let's make it L-3 for now

Unvote
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Eido wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:48 am Impressions are I’m getting good vibes from Messie (mainly what looks like the Bessie side).
Could you give examples on what is giving you good vibes and why?
Eido

Post by Eido »

Basically from what I remember in NewD3 Mafia. Their posts remind of Town!Bessie there. I'll see if I can link something, one sec
Eido

Post by Eido »

Stuff like this: https://smashboards.com/threads/decisiv ... t-24361639

Their scumhunt feels kinda high energy here, going through the thread with a fine tooth-comb and sniffing out little clues here and there that ping them.

What are you all seeing that I'm not? Mainly @Wam as Messie is the lowest on your list
Wam

Post by Wam »

Eido wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:28 pm Stuff like this: https://smashboards.com/threads/decisiv ... t-24361639

Their scumhunt feels kinda high energy here, going through the thread with a fine tooth-comb and sniffing out little clues here and there that ping them.

What are you all seeing that I'm not? Mainly @Wam as Messie is the lowest on your list
I think it's more I have seen Bessie fake this as scum so its neutral for me. The bit I'm querying and finding odd is the big push for missing something in OP when imo that's either NAI or is actually more likely to be town.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

@boomfrog: reminder that I've answered your question, now it's your turn.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

unvote
messie wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:11 am Because it’s suspicious to me that Town would not ask questions about the setup when they’re relevant, as they were when trying to determine if something’s a genuine slip or not, especially when the information is already available in the thread.
Come on, what does it look like I'm doing there with a question mark on the end? I will admit that I couldn't remember if anyone asked that before and neither did I check if the information was out there. I'm not running at 100% mental capacity to be honest.
Sabrar wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:17 am @somitomi: do you have any reads right now?
I don't know why my brain singled out Makhaira, but so far I'm leaning town there. Philip feels a little weird but at this stage it's still within newbie-range. I'm gonna sit down later this evening to gather my thoughts, but I need to get food.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Sabrar wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:59 pm
boomfrog wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:19 pm Because a little tiny town Sabrar lives in my brain on a little tiny xcadia and he's said you'd think the was the most suspicious pairing at that moment. I know your vote was RVS I'm not counting that.
Please explain how you came to that conclusion.
- up until that point you haven't interacted with messie at all,
- messie posted exactly once, a totally NAI introductory post in which they have not interacted with you
- outside of my RVS I have interacted/mentioned messie exactly once, in that post I expressed no suspicion towards them.

There was simply no reason for you to think that I would consider messie and you the most suspicious pairing.

The FoS on me means (or should mean) you have a scummy ping from me. FoS means, "this was negative alignment indicative content". Without anyone else giving any significant pings that little evidence should put me tentatively at the bottom of your scum list. Which means you should be idly thinking about connections. Bessie usually starts the game with some comment about me, so a lack of that could be a hint at avoiding interacting with a scummate. I don't necessarily expect you to have thought about that though. But regardless there's been a lot of townie tells so far, so by PoE Messie should be on the top 3ish possibilities. And a Messie+Boom combo is a scary enough idea it should float to the top of mind easily. I overstated my confidence mainly to be provocative of course. I wanted to draw you into confrontation as a test.
Sabrar wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:25 am You were wrong. At that point I didn't have a reasonable suspicion on anyone, you included. I had town-pings from several people but no scum-pings and I didn't try to order anyone.
My FoS on you was serious to the effect that I expected more content from you (as you so eloquently said once). It did not mean I've decided then and there that you must be scum. I did not have any specific expectations.
What does FoS mean if it doesn't mean you have suspicion? Don't strawman by denying that you definitively decided I'm scum. An FoS is a scummy ping. It shouldn't mean nothing.

My expectation is that scum-Sabrar would be cautious about confronting me and Messie D1 and want to slide by until I could be NEed (Night Eliminated (Spelling out the acronym since this is a newbie game)). Town-Sabrar would be serious about his FoS and follow up on it when I didn't really provide more content.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

You are reading way too much into things and you should not be that confident of being able to know what is going on in town!Sabrar's mind as you have been misreading me plenty of times in the past.
Without anyone else giving any significant pings that little evidence should put me tentatively at the bottom of your scum list. Which means you should be idly thinking about connections.
The second doesn't follow from the first. I'm not going to look for connections with less than a day since start where we are still in rvs and mostly just chatting. I also disagree that there have been 'lots of townie-tells' at that point and that you can reasonably do PoE.
It's okay if you want to test me but that reasoning falls short on many levels.
What does FoS mean if it doesn't mean you have suspicion? Don't strawman by denying that you definitively decided I'm scum. An FoS is a scummy ping. It shouldn't mean nothing.
I deny it and it's not a strawman. FoS indicates a certain level of suspicion, it does not mean a 100% scum-ping and you are aware of the difference. Your entry was 'safe', without the promise of actual contribution. I remember 2 games where I was able to detect a similar vibe from scum's very first post.
Also, why do you imply that I haven't followed through? Why haven't you interacted with anyone else? What are you doing to solve the game?
phillip1882

Post by phillip1882 »

i don't really have anything to add...
supercalafragalisticexpealadotious
lover of chess, baduk, and civ 4.
capable of eating sin, removing negative energy, and healing while sleeping.
Wam

Post by Wam »

phillip1882 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:29 pm i don't really have anything to add...
What are your thoughts on sabrar boom above, are they both being reasonable? Straightforward ? Open? Curious?
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:54 pm
Makhaira wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:51 pm @heury and messie

Woof? Can you explain what you mean?
heuristically_alone wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:38 am
Makhaira wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:51 pm
@heury and messie

Can you define mountainous?
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mountainous
boomfrog wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:25 am
Makhaira wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:51 pm on a scale from 1-10 how mountainous do you think this game is?
What are you hoping to get out of this question?

I recommend no one answer this question, btw.
people are asking each other questions in the early game about their assumptions re: # of scum in the game and you don't think their subjective positions re: the mountainousness of this game are relevant? are you trying to help someone not scumslip?
heuristically_alone wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:45 pm Have I ever mentioned that I don't care if you hate the truth?
very defensive response here a pretty straightforward WIFOM callout, pings scum
boomfrog wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:53 am @heury Anything particular interesting happening for you in RL? New job?
are you getting at the response to the WIFOM callout with this question or was this inspired by something else? like are you friends IRL or something? because in fairness, I can see how this would partly explain the tone
heuristically_alone wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:25 am A couple months ago got put in charge of my department and been training the newest hires. It's been fun but the last couple days have been more abnormally stressful then it needed to be.
phillip1882 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:29 pm i don't really have anything to add...
please literally tell us anything about who you think would be a good choice to eliminate from the game that isn't "others think this is a good choice so I will follow them"

it is impossible for us to get a read on you if you just blindly follow other players and it will make you a liability as a town player (if you are one) if you end up blindly following the choices of the mafia aligned players. I know that its hard to be confident in any given position in the early game but you need to at absolute minimum be communicating with us who you think are people we should trust, who you think we shouldn't trust and who ultimately should be eliminated as your top choice for most likely to be mafia aligned
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

ok so deadline is tomorrow night and it looks like this is a plurality game so right now messie is the presumptive elimination

here's where Im at

1. Wam - neutral
2. Phillip - non-contributing noobie, lategame liability
3. Heury - scum lean
4. messie (bessie/Madge) - neutral, not likely to be scum theatre with Sabrar
5. Sabrar - neutral, not likely to be scum theatre with messie
6. somitomi - neutral
7. Eido - townlean
8. BoomFrog - scumlean
9. Makhaira - confirmed town
10. Mark_Cangila - neutral