Animal Kingdom Mafia (Game Over)

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
LaserGuy

Animal Kingdom Mafia (Game Over)

Post by LaserGuy »

Animal Kingdom Mafia

The king of the jungle has been killed in mysterious fashion! Will the culprits be caught? Or do we have a revolution on our hands?

Game description: This setup consists of one uninformed majority (Town) and one informed minority (Mafia). At least one power role exists in the game; at least one vanilla role exists in the game. Players with the ability to do so may chat at any point during the day or night phase. Power roles are all standard mafia roles with standard modifiers. Power roles are generally not indicative of alignment unless the role specifically says so (e.g. Innocent child).

Flavor, including animal types and story text, are not indicative of alignment.

New players will be offered a mentor. Mentors may chat with their mentee in order to assist them learning how to play mafia. Mentors are not allowed to write/edit posts for their mentee, or provide their own analysis or reads.

Rules:

Posting Requirements:

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Day phases will be 5 days, nights will be 2 days. Players are expected to post 3 content posts per 48 hours and at least 1 content post in the final 24 hours of the Day. If you are unable to do so for any reason, please message me as soon as possible to let me know. If you have not posted at least one content post within a 48 hour period, and have not contacted me, I will consider you to have abandoned the game and begin seeking a replacement. A content post must include some game relevant information--a post that says "Can't post now, will be back later" is not sufficient. There are no official post maximums, but be considerate and don't spam the thread.

Etiquette and Fair Play

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Out-of-game information/angleshooting. Out of game content should not be used to inform your play. This includes things like activity in other threads/games, reasons for replacements, trust tells, etc. Stick to what’s in the thread. If you aren’t sure, please ask me.

Be outstanding. This is a game that we are all playing for fun. Don’t take anything personally; don’t make anything personal. I know that these games can get intense, but please remember that this is a game, and we want it to be fun for everyone.

No funny business. Don’t edit/delete your posts. Don’t talk about the game with anyone outside of the game.

Generally, all correspondence with the mod should be done in private message. This includes prod requests, replacement requests, rules violations, power interactions etc. Please do not quote any mod correspondence (including role PMs) directly. Paraphrasing is fine. The only exception to this is asking for a vote count, which is fine to do in thread.

Voting:

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Please vote in bold, on its own line, in the following format:
Vote: LaserGuy
Votes that are not in bold will not be counted.

The player with the most votes at the end of the day, regardless of how many votes that is, will be eliminated. A majority is not required. In the event of a tied vote, the player who reached the highest number of votes first will be eliminated. If any player reaches a majority of votes during the day, it is a hammer vote and the day will end.

As soon as the day ends, players are not to post in thread, even if the host or co-host is not available to call the end of day.

Players are allowed to vote for No Elimination. In the unlikely event of a tie between No Elimination and a player, the elimination of the player always takes precedence.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT GOJOE:

The GoJoe Memorial Mafia thread is a place where players are allowed to post, in spoilers, any information about the game that they want. Living players may not read spoilers. This is a serious infraction and can result in your immediate removal from the game. Please be especially careful using the forum’s Search feature as it may reveal spoilers from this thread. If you wish to sort posts by Author, you can select the option to do so at the bottom of the thread page.

Player list:
1. Wam
2. Phillip
3. Heury
4. messie (bessie/Madge)
5. Sabrar
6. somitomi
7. Eido
8. BoomFrog
9. Makhaira
10. Mark_Cangila

Sample Role PM:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
You are TOWN Golden Retriever (Canis familiaris)

Oh boy, oh boy! A puzzle! A mystery! How exciting! Must figure out who did it! Oooh! What’s that smell? Smells interesting! Off I go!

Your role is Vanilla Town.

You have no powers except for your vote.

You win when all mafia have been eliminated.
Last edited by LaserGuy on Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.
LaserGuy

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Pregame)

Post by LaserGuy »

Role PMs have been sent out. Please confirm in thread. Game will begin once 7/10 players have confirmed.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Confirm.
Eido

Post by Eido »

Confirm
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Confirm
phillip1882

Post by phillip1882 »

confirm
lover of chess, baduk, and civ 4.
capable of eating sin, removing negative energy, and healing while sleeping.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Con firm
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
messie

Post by messie »

Confirm
Wam

Post by Wam »

Confirm
LaserGuy

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 1)

Post by LaserGuy »

A strange sound echoes through the land. It starts low, like the rumble of an earthquake, then slowly rises in pitch to the highest registers, uncomfortable for some, inaudible for others. It echoes all across the lands, ripples through the waves, extends up into the skies. Slowly, from every corner of the Earth, the animals converge on the sound. A large group slowly gathers, staring wide-eyed at the corpse laid out in the dry African grass. The King of the Jungle, the great lion himself, is dead.

“What happened?” asks the Arctic fox, panting, tail swishing uncomfortable in the heat.

“The King died last night,” reported the ibex. “The cause is not known.”

“He looks trampled,” commented the beaver, eying the elephant suspiciously.

“Those could be bites,” suggested the tree frog, looking pointedly at a group of leopards.

“Wrong color! Wrong color! Poison! Poison!” shrieked the hyena, backing away from a pair of black mambas.

“I……..” began the three-toed sloth.

“Regicide! Regicide! Regicide!” squawked the parrot.

The assembly descended into a cacophony of hoots, barks, chirps, hisses, and growls as the animals began shouting accusations at each other. Finally, the elephant raised her trunk into the air and trumpeted loudly, bringing the proceedings to a halt.

“Saw…..” continued the sloth into the sudden stillness.

The elephant said calmly, “It appears that the king has been killed by some foul means. We must figure out who did it at once. Until then, the animal kingdom is in peril. There is an ancient method that we must use to solve this problem. Not far from here is the Great Mountain. It is a place of fire and danger. We must travel there, and decide amongst ourselves who is responsible, then cast them into the fires. It is the way of things.”

The animals all began to nod, recognizing the elephant’s wisdom. Slowly, the unusual precession began migrating northward toward a distant mountain covered in a haze of black smoke.

“I never understood why he was called King of the Jungle anyway,” muttered the opossum to the llama as they walked. “He doesn’t even live in the jungle.”

“The killer,” finished the sloth. He glanced around, and realized he was alone; the other animals were long gone. Sighing, the sloth began to follow the distant herd.

It is now Day 1. Deadline will be 11 PM PST on Tuesday, March 8th.

FYI: Phillip1882 will be mentored by Osieorb18
Last edited by LaserGuy on Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heuristically_alone

The killer is definitely the sloth.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

The KKKKKIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGG is DEEEAAAAADD!

Apologies to wam but I have to do this.

Vote: messie

phillip1882

Post by phillip1882 »

throwing accusations with no evidence?

vote heuristically_alone
Eido

Post by Eido »

Hey everyone, it's been awhile

Vote: somitomi

It's you again isn't it? Always the killer
Eido

Post by Eido »

Is there anyone on this player list that's not from XKCD?
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

That would be Makhaira I think.
heuristically_alone

phillip1882 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:42 am throwing accusations with no evidence?

vote heuristically_alone
Voting incorrectly?
VOTE: phillip1882
----
he/him/they
Mark_Cangila

Post by Mark_Cangila »

It's been a while for me too - lets see hoe much I remember
Sabrar wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:27 am The KKKKKIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGG is DEEEAAAAADD!
You seem far too happy about this.
Vote: Sabrar
Wam

Post by Wam »

Sabrar wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:27 am The KKKKKIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGG is DEEEAAAAADD!

Apologies to wam but I have to do this.

Vote: messie

I feel betrayed

vote sabrar

Also love the flavour!
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

I already apologized, what more do you want from me? Cake?
Wam

Post by Wam »

Sabrar wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:23 pm I already apologized, what more do you want from me? Cake?
The cake is a lie!
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

confirming, sorry did not realize that a new thread was made for the game
Eido wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:46 pm Is there anyone on this player list that's not from XKCD?
Sabrar wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:53 pm That would be Makhaira I think.
yeah Im not originally from this forum

Vote: phillip1882
phillip1882

Post by phillip1882 »

(apologies, missed the bold requirement)

vote heuristically_alone
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

It feels good to be back.

Vote: Makhaira

As much as I'd like to OMGUS Eido or correct the colossal mistake that nobody voted Wam yet, I have to welcome the new guy to the XKCD forums. Have you played forum mafia before?
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Eido

Post by Eido »

So, question to everyone:

Outside of Makhaira not being from XKCD (along with myself), is it safe to assume everyone else is somewhat familiar with each other's playstyles if they are from here?

Trying to work out the overall vibe between the player list.