Animal Kingdom Mafia (Game Over)

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Wam

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 2)

Post by Wam »

Everyone clearly having wild Friday nights!
Eido

Post by Eido »

We're all hungover :mrgreen:

Vote: Boomfrog
Wam

Post by Wam »

That's L-2 for reference
boomfrog

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 1)

Post by boomfrog »

@wam: You said you found me scummy much earlier though. Around this post:
Wam wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:47 am @boom I'm not seeing anything from eido that makes the scummy. They are one of if not my top town read. Is it just the not commentating on you versus sabrar that's causing the suspicion? That seems very weak to me.
What exactly was scummy about my behavior?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Eido wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:05 pm We're all hungover :mrgreen:

Care to explain why you're voting? Or everyone is doing it, so it must be right?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Makhaira wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:02 pm hate misreading overdefensiveness as a scum ping when some people get really defensive as PRs for some reason ugh, should've swapped to boom at EoD but I got tied up when I planned to be available in the last hour and missed the chance

You said you don't like that I town read you for the "role fishing". It's there anything else specifically that you find scummy?

What made you want to switch? It can't be anything in the thread since your last D1 post since you already knew you'd switch if you could post. So why didn't you switch in your last D1 post?
boomfrog

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Night 1)

Post by boomfrog »

phillip1882 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:17 pm i think the killer might be boomfrog, as sabrar was voting for him.

admitedly though i don't have much to go on other than that.
no vote yet, let's see how this plays out.
What do you think about how this is playing out?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Modprod on Mark and messier please?
messie

Post by messie »

Woof! Sorry I didn’t post last night I was very busy working! My people went out for a while and when they are gone it is my job to guard the house! And they gave me an extra job on top of that! They gave me a new toy before they went away in the car! My job when I get a new toy is to rip it open, pull out all the fluff, and find the squeak. Every time they give me a new toy the task gets more difficult and I barely completed my task by the time they got home! I spread the fluff all around the room so they could see how hard I worked and I chewed up the squeak so the squeak is dead! You should have seen how proud my people were when they got home! They called me that special name they call me when I find and destroy the squeak! Woof!
dead squeak.png
dead squeak.png (145.01 KiB) Viewed 1369 times

Wam wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:39 am It's not just sabrar's view as well the more I look at the end of day 1 the less I like booms play and how we needed up on somi. I was unfortunately 10 minutes late in waking up to do anything end of day 1.
May I have some examples of what you did not like about BoomFrog’s vote on somitomi?

Eido wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:17 am He closes EOD with this post:
Sabrar wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:58 am I feel like it was my responsibility to present a better case on boomfrog. oh well, there is always next game.
This suggests a possibility of Sabrar carrying his Boom case into D2.

So killing Sabrar could suggest the scum plan didn't want this to happen, and gives Scum!Boom motive to kill.
Do you not think Sabrar publicly implying that he expects to be night eliminated by BoomFrog would give any scum player a motive to kill Sabrar, not just BoomFrog?

somitomi wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:39 pm
Eido wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:56 pm What you've said here doesn't seem too far-reaching. There could be a possibility the kill comes from someone who is familiar with Sabrar being a strong Town player:
Oh, that aspect didn't even occur to me, but it's a good point. Good job, me :lol:
Noting this for later, I find it suspicious in a way I can not yet articulate.

somitomi wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:39 pm
Makhaira wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:02 pm messie probably warrants a closer look too with sabs flip
It might be my sleepy brain, but I don't see the connection.
I find this suspicious too for reasons I can articulate, but don’t want to yet. somitomi why don’t you think about this for a while and see if you can figure out the answer.

Opportunistic of you to put a BoomFrog at L-2 at day start, when not everyone has posted yet. In theory, scum can hammer, if they’re not already voting.

Unofficial votals:

BoomFrog (3) : Wam, Makhaira, Eido

Not voting: BoomFrog, somitomi, messie, Mark_Cangila, Philip

With 8 alive and barring no voting powers, it takes 5 to eliminate.
messie

Post by messie »

@Wam, can I have your opinion on philip's Day 1 content and vote?
Mark_Cangila

Post by Mark_Cangila »

I'll be on tomoroe morning - had a robotics tournament, sorry.
phillip1882

Post by phillip1882 »

i think the killer might be boomfrog, as sabrar was voting for him.

admitedly though i don't have much to go on other than that.
no vote yet, let's see how this plays out.
What do you think about how this is playing out?
so far every one seems to think its boomfrog.
i don't realty know who else to vote far, so
vote: boomfrog
lover of chess, baduk, and civ 4.
capable of eating sin, removing negative energy, and healing while sleeping.
messie

Post by messie »

Makhaira wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:02 pm Vote: Boomfrog
Please unvote until we can have more discussion.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

The sloth awoke, unsure of where he was or what he was supposed to be doing. It seemed like he should be going somewhere, but... he never went anywhere. He noticed the dead King of the Jungle lying beside him and suddenly remembered. Pulling himself to his feet, he looked toward the distant mountain and started to move.

Vote Count 2.1

BoomFrog (4): wam, Makhaira, Eido, phillip (L-1)

Not voting: BoomFrog, Mark_Cangila, messie, somitomi
phillip1882

Post by phillip1882 »

what's up with the L-1 thing next to me?
lover of chess, baduk, and civ 4.
capable of eating sin, removing negative energy, and healing while sleeping.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

phillip1882 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:56 am what's up with the L-1 thing next to me?
L-1 means One vote away from the "Lynch". If one more person votes for me then that's "Hammer" and I'm eliminated.

It's generally considered a bad idea to end the day early before people can discuss. Mark hasn't even gotten to post yet. So it's generally a bad idea to put someone at L-1 so early. That's why messie is asking you to unvote.

Also, let me ask you a question. If I'm Mafia, who do you think my partner is?

Also, why did you wait to vote for me when there were 3 votes but decided to do it now?
Wam

Post by Wam »

unvote
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

I'm also a little interested in why you decided to vote at this time.
phillip1882 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:26 am so far every one seems to think its boomfrog.
As much as I don't think you're mafia, this way you're going to be a liability later in the game. Make up your own mind and vote on that, even if noone else is doing it at the time.
I'm actually a little concerned by the speed of the Boom wagon today despite my own suspicions. I don't think mafia started the day with bussing on their mind, but the only person to put up any kind of resistance is messie. She was also on the chopping block yesterday and bussing would actually make sense in this situation, but this quickly turns into wine. Similarly, I normally wouldn't think Boom killed Sabrar in this situation (for the reason Messie already hinted at), but maybe nailing the team on D1 was scary enough to not let him live.
There's this early post from BoomFrog rattling in my mind:
boomfrog wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:31 am @Sabrar: Why do you think Messie is my scum buddy?
It seems to come out of nowhere, Sabrar gave absolutely no hint of finding Messie suspicious. Did Boom try to discredit the idea of a Boom&Messie team by bringing it up out of nowhere and having Sabrar argue that it never crossed his mind? I feel like the pieces kinda fit together, but they're made of wine.
messie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:54 pm I find this suspicious too for reasons I can articulate, but don’t want to yet. somitomi why don’t you think about this for a while and see if you can figure out the answer.
Ok, yeah, that was my dumb sleepy brain posting. Not sure what kind of 4D chess you might be seeing behind it, but it's in no way concerning how vague you are about it.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Wam

Post by Wam »

boomfrog wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:30 pm @wam: You said you found me scummy much earlier though. Around this post:
Wam wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:47 am @boom I'm not seeing anything from eido that makes the scummy. They are one of if not my top town read. Is it just the not commentating on you versus sabrar that's causing the suspicion? That seems very weak to me.
I really didn't get the Eido read, as stated here I didn't buy the gambit.
Wam wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:41 pm Ok probably last post since deadline. I'm not sure how much I'm buying booms gambit but I was reading messie as scummier already. I dont think much has changed for me since my reads list so I'm leaving my vote where it is.

I think whilst the above is weak boom gets graded on a much harder scale than normal players given what I have seen them pull as scum!
messie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:54 pm
Wam wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:39 am It's not just sabrar's view as well the more I look at the end of day 1 the less I like booms play and how we needed up on somi. I was unfortunately 10 minutes late in waking up to do anything end of day 1.
May I have some examples of what you did not like about BoomFrog’s vote on somitomi?

Boom town reading Heury here viewtopic.php?p=19407#p19407, back both you and heury as town here viewtopic.php?p=19434#p19434.
boomfrog wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:09 am Vote Somitomi

I'd rather not yeet Heury or messie but if it comes down to it I'll move to Heury.
Again here the interest seems to be more in finding alternatives rather than finding scum. Gut feel says Boom had banked on heury being town and didn't want to self pres for the optics. On You, you have been fairly consistently defending boom. ie viewtopic.php?p=19496#p19496, irrespective of your alignment keeping you around is good for scum boom. So the somi push looks more Boom's self interest than genuine scum hunting.
messie wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:01 am @Wam, can I have your opinion on philip's Day 1 content and vote?
I think Somi summed it up before I got there.
somitomi wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:57 am
phillip1882 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:26 am so far every one seems to think its boomfrog.
As much as I don't think you're mafia, this way you're going to be a liability later in the game. Make up your own mind and vote on that, even if noone else is doing it at the time.
It's weak given the day chat aspect of the game but I think mafia phillip would be more aware of the day night differences.
Eido

Post by Eido »

@Messie @Somi Oh, sorry, the thread had died so I felt like voting. I wasn't thinking about scum rushing in to kill Town!Boom. The thread is picking up so I'll be more mindful of activity.

Need to read.
Eido

Post by Eido »

messie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:54 pm Do you not think Sabrar publicly implying that he expects to be night eliminated by BoomFrog would give any scum player a motive to kill Sabrar, not just BoomFrog?
Hm yes it's possible. But it feels quite niche if this was the only motive at this time. Scum might be likelier to look at a player's impact on the thread and what conversations to cut short. I'm currently leaning on the idea it comes from someone who was familiar with Sabrar being a strong player, and/or someone who was concerned about his reads.
Eido

Post by Eido »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:06 pm I got burned badly last game by Osie and decided my D1 mission was to get a read on the high effort players. If the low effort players contain the scum then I trust the surviving high effort players to suss them out on later days.
This is unclear. Why didn't you spend more time yesterDay looking into low effort players?
Eido

Post by Eido »

somitomi wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:04 pm shady
messie: kind of odd that I'm so high on her list with a "not much" after getting one of her two fingers of suspicion.
Heury: feels less easygoing than usual to me, but it's hardly condemning
BoomFrog: some early-game weirdness and his read on Eido (and to a lesser extent Sabrar) just doesn't sit right with me

God, this is unoriginal and I have the usual feeling that I'm completely wrong.

Vote BoomFrog

I don't expect to be back before deadline
Yo you mentioned here that you get a usual feeling of being completely wrong.

Does that mean there was something holding you back from voting Boom? I'm curious what made you choose him over Messie. Can you talk about this more?
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Eido wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:37 pm Yo you mentioned here that you get a usual feeling of being completely wrong.

Does that mean there was something holding you back from voting Boom? I'm curious what made you choose him over Messie. Can you talk about this more?
It's not specific to BoomFrog, I just have a hard time reading people on D1 and my experience is that my D1 reads tend to be rubbish. At any rate, the reasons I found Boomfrog suspicious felt more solid than the partially OMGUS-based read I had on messie at the time.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Wam wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:44 am
boomfrog wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:30 pm @wam: You said you found me scummy much earlier though. Around this post:
I really didn't get the Eido read, as stated here I didn't buy the gambit.
I could have sat back and let us coast to a miselim on Heury. If I hadn't gone wild and attacked Eido then I wouldn't have been under any scrutiny. If messie was my partner I could have easily found an excuse to vote heury, no need to get so dirty. I pushed Eido because I wanted to shake things up. People show their true intentions when they take action, and the only action in this game is voting someone you think will very possibly be eliminated due to your vote. So getting people to vote on more wagons gives us more info. We have a lot more to go on D2 because of my shake up D1. What's the scummy motivation for what I did D1?
Boom town reading Heury here viewtopic.php?p=19407#p19407, back both you and heury as town here viewtopic.php?p=19434#p19434.
boomfrog wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:09 am Vote Somitomi

I'd rather not yeet Heury or messie but if it comes down to it I'll move to Heury.
Again here the interest seems to be more in finding alternatives rather than finding scum. Gut feel says Boom had banked on heury being town and didn't want to self pres for the optics. On You, you have been fairly consistently defending boom. ie viewtopic.php?p=19496#p19496, irrespective of your alignment keeping you around is good for scum boom. So the somi push looks more Boom's self interest than genuine scum hunting.
Again, why push Somi if I'm scum and there's an easy town wagon or two with 3 votes already? I'm trying to test people to see if they reveal secret alliances.