Animal Kingdom Mafia (Game Over)

What you're all really here for.
Sabrar

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Sabrar »

@messie: I don't suppose I can convince you to switch to boomfrog?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Votecount 1.6

messie (3): heury, phillip, Wam
heury (4): Makhaira, Mark, messie, BoomFrog
BoomFrog (3): Sabrar, Eido, somitomi

End of Day is in approximately 10 minutes.
Last edited by Seven on Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
messie

Post by messie »

Woof
messie
Mark_Cangila
BoomFrog
Makhaira
Sabrar
Eido
Heury
Philip
Wam
somitomi
Grr

If somitomi is scum, I believe his partner is Wam. This belief is reenforced by somitomi’s vote.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Why is somitomi's vote connected to wam?
messie

Post by messie »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:43 am If Heury is town, and messie is town then scum have not cared about any wagons today and not taken any difficult stances. That includes phillip (of course), maybe Mark but probably not, Sabrar, Eido, and maybe Makhaira.
What do you think of my somitomi read in this post? His content fits your description above perfectly.

Sabrar wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:46 am @messie: I don't suppose I can convince you to switch to boomfrog?
No.
messie

Post by messie »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:53 am Why is somitomi's vote connected to wam?
Votals at the time of somi’s post:

messie (3): heury, phillip, Wam
Eido (1): BoomFrog
heury (3): Makhaira, Mark, messie
BoomFrog (2): Sabrar, Eido

Not voting: somitomi

Three town wagons. Why vote boomfrog for a tie? So somi and wam aren't on the same wagon.
messie

Post by messie »

somi can't vote heury because one of his scum reads (me) is voting heury.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

I feel like it was my responsibility to present a better case on boomfrog. oh well, there is always next game.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Day is over. No more talking.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

The animals jostled near the edge of the crater, none wanting to get too close to the oppressive heat and uncomfortable smell. The arguing continued as the sun began to set on the mountaintop, the cacaphony growing louder and increasingly tense as the critical time neared.

"The hummingbird could have poked him to death with her beak," suggested the gila monster.

"The Siberian tiger has always been jealous of him. Says he was arrogant," squawked the crow.

The great tiger waved a paw irritably, "He was arrogant. All cats are. It is in our nature. But I did not kill him."

A tiny red frog suddenly leapt into the scrum. "He died near a pond, there were marks on him that could have been bites. It must have been the alligator! He is always lurking about!"

A few of the other animals began to nod, eyes slowly looking toward the alligator. The great reptile backed away uneasily, "Twasn't I. I had nothing to do with it. I don't even live in this part of the world."

"Nonsense!" howled the grey wolf. "It could be no other! Into the fire with him!"

The animals began to converge on the alligator rapidly. The mighty beast struggled and tried to break free, but there were too many teeth, claws, horns, and tusks manhandling him, and, in a moment, he was turned on his back and dragged toward the crater.

"According to the sacred rite," intoned the elephant, "If the smoke turns blue, then he has defiled the blood of the king. Into the flames with him!"

With a mighty heave, the alligator was launched into the crater. There was a long silence as the assembled animals watched the smoke for any change.

Nothing.

The elephant sighed. "It appears our anger was misplaced. We must rest here the night, and try again on the morrow."

Miles away, the sloth lifted his head toward the moon and sighed. He was so tired. But it was a good day's travel, he thought to himself as he curled into a ball to rest, leaning his head against the prickly tail of the King of the Jungle's corpse.

Heury was launched into the volcano and roasted. He was Alligator, TOWN DOCTOR.

It is now Night 1. Please submit all night actions by Thursday at 11 pm PST
phillip1882

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Night 1)

Post by phillip1882 »

so do we need to post in the night faze?
lover of chess, baduk, and civ 4.
capable of eating sin, removing negative energy, and healing while sleeping.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

You are not allowed to post during the Night
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

The day breaks. A billowing cloud of smoke still raises over the volcano. The animals slowly begin to reconvene at the crater's edge, ready to continue their discussions.

"We must try again," explains the elephant. "It is the only way to determine the King's killer."

"Perhaps we were too hasty with the alligator?" mutters the ring-tailed lemur. "We should have given him a chance to defend himself."

The giant tortoise edges forward, looking around worriedly, "Has anyone seen the Stellar's Jay? He was roosting on my back in the night. He was a good friend of the King's."

The animals exchange worried glances, beginning to call for the small bird. After several minutes, an eerie, hoarse voice calls out, "He's here!" The animals move a bit away from the crater where there is a small pond. Bobbing just at the surface is, inexplicably, the Giant Pacific Octopus, cradling a blue mass in its tentacles. "He appears to have drowned."

The elephant scoops up the corpse in her trunk and examines the tiny bird critically. "Perhaps. But there are strange markings on him as well. I fear that the killer is still in our midst."

"There is nothing to be done but continue the ritual," says the Emperor penguin. "The fire will give us the answers."

Sabrar was killed in the night. He was Stellar's Jay, Vanilla TOWN

It is now Day 2. Deadline is March 15 at 11 PM PST
Wam

Post by Wam »

Nooo the one day 1 we dont argue and I dont get tunnled by sabrar he dies N1.

I'm going to follow his wishes
Sabrar wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:53 am wam: it is scary how often his thoughts mirror my own. For once I don't think I'll be paranoid about that and I will ask him to carry my torch after N1.
vote boomfrog

It's not just sabrar's view as well the more I look at the end of day 1 the less I like booms play and how we needed up on somi. I was unfortunately 10 minutes late in waking up to do anything end of day 1.
Eido

Post by Eido »

Going to spend some time rereading with the kill in mind.
Mark_Cangila wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:10 pm Vote: Heuristically_Alone
Which probably looks pretty bad given Makhaira and Eido's votes - I promise this post started being written before they voted
We're probably not dealing with Scum!Mark. The specific timing of this post and overall self-consciousness feels good. Scum!Mark maybe waits a little after Makhaira & myself have voted to avoid feeling self-conscious in the thread.
Eido

Post by Eido »

@Wam you were quick. You posted like 6 mins after the opening. Have you read with the Night kill in mind?
Eido

Post by Eido »

Sabrar's reads here:
Sabrar wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:53 am Town
wam
heury
Mark
Eido
Makhaira
somitomi
phillip
messie
boomfrog
Scum
He closes EOD with this post:
Sabrar wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:58 am I feel like it was my responsibility to present a better case on boomfrog. oh well, there is always next game.
This suggests a possibility of Sabrar carrying his Boom case into D2.

So killing Sabrar could suggest the scum plan didn't want this to happen, and gives Scum!Boom motive to kill.

I'll follow up with more later. I'm thinking about a number of players right now
Wam

Post by Wam »

Eido wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:51 am @Wam you were quick. You posted like 6 mins after the opening. Have you read with the Night kill in mind?
It just happened to be when I was having breakfast I'm UK based for reference. When I read end of day 1 I wanted to vote boom then but was too late.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

I'm not sure if we can draw far-reaching conclusions from the kill, Sabrar is a strong town player so he's often the first choice of mafia (and Heury's death means they're less likely to be impeded or intercepted). Of course he's more of a target if he's right, but this might be a diversion.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Eido

Post by Eido »

somitomi wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:56 am I'm not sure if we can draw far-reaching conclusions from the kill, Sabrar is a strong town player so he's often the first choice of mafia (and Heury's death means they're less likely to be impeded or intercepted). Of course he's more of a target if he's right, but this might be a diversion.
Right, but I suppose it's the only clue we have that comes directly from scum too. Talking about it can help us think about their plan

What you've said here doesn't seem too far-reaching. There could be a possibility the kill comes from someone who is familiar with Sabrar being a strong Town player:
Sabrar wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:54 am I'm familiar with messie (both halves), boomfrog, Wam, less so with heury and somitomi, even less so with the others. It's been some time.
phillip1882

Post by phillip1882 »

i think the killer might be boomfrog, as sabrar was voting for him.

admitedly though i don't have much to go on other than that.
no vote yet, let's see how this plays out.
lover of chess, baduk, and civ 4.
capable of eating sin, removing negative energy, and healing while sleeping.
boomfrog

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 2)

Post by boomfrog »

Gah, well so much for reconciling. I generally find reading too much into the Night Elimination leads to a lot of jumping to conclusions, but I'm obviously super biased in this case.

@wam: What exactly to you find scummy about my behavior?
Wam

Post by Wam »

Sabrar wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:17 am You had heury as 2nd towniest earlier while messie was down with the neutrals. I think you change your mind way too quickly (similar to how you required me to show you my townieness and then a couple of posts later already accepted it).
Here

And
boomfrog wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:09 am Vote Somitomi

I'd rather not yeet Heury or messie but if it comes down to it I'll move to Heury.
Here seemed tmi about Heury given the flip.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

hate misreading overdefensiveness as a scum ping when some people get really defensive as PRs for some reason ugh, should've swapped to boom at EoD but I got tied up when I planned to be available in the last hour and missed the chance

Vote: Boomfrog

messie probably warrants a closer look too with sabs flip

losing doc D1 to no claim is super frustrating like cmon how do you not show up at end of phase when you know you have votes on you in a plurality game as a PR
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Eido wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:56 pm What you've said here doesn't seem too far-reaching. There could be a possibility the kill comes from someone who is familiar with Sabrar being a strong Town player:
Oh, that aspect didn't even occur to me, but it's a good point. Good job, me :lol:
Makhaira wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:02 pm messie probably warrants a closer look too with sabs flip
It might be my sleepy brain, but I don't see the connection.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses