Secret Santa Game Thread

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Re: Secret Santa Game Thread

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

Voting for me will loose town the game because I am town and my full claim is accurate.

Vote Osie

You don't know how the role works. That's a lie.
You didn't receive my gift last night

You talk about alien stuff but i never mentioned that, you invent things.

When i accused you you turned against me even if what I said is logical and you dropped any other analysis.
That's not town Osie, you dropped your mask
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

The Snide Sniper wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:59 pm I think your scumread on me is less that I've made a bad claim and more that I haven't actually made a full claim yet. I should probably come out and say that I'm an absorber. Any ability that targets me, I get a one-shot of that ability for future nights. I got a lookout one-shot N1 (which was erroneously labeled as a watcher ability), and nothing N2. I used the lookout charge on bessie N2, and that's where I got the "catgirl" result from.

I'm still looking at a WMU+worst scumteam, so I guess I'll jump on the WMU wagon.

Vote: WakeMeUp

Also, madge, although this will probably put me in the mafia's crosshairs, I think my ability means I can verify your role if you visit me N3. Same for you, osie.
I don't get this. Why you just jump on a wagon?
You have an extremely weak case against me and you don't try to figure if you are right or wrong.
Can you explain more?
What makes you trust Osie?
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:22 pmYou don't know how the role works. That's a lie.
Remember the setup. Of course I know how the role works.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:22 pmYou talk about alien stuff but i never mentioned that, you invent things.
An Alien is a type of Jailkeeper.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

osieorb18 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:36 am I'm pretty sure I know how WMU's role works and what she's described is impossible...

Sniper still looks the most sus, but WMU's claim is pretty bad.

I kinda like Madge's claim and following behaviour.
osieorb18 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:19 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:56 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:21 am

Also this claim is a mess.
Why so?
It shows you lied so of course you will brush it off
I know how the role works and it doesn't make sense. Also I specifically wasn't roleblocked since I had asked about whether or not the host would notify people on roleblock, and they said they would. Knowing how your role should work, based on what you have stated, it is possible that you were roleblocked on Night 2 even with getting a gift back related to Moody. But the way you've described it doesn't actually exactly match what the role should do, even within minor host modifications based on interpretation.
He started with 'I an pretty sure' but he came back with 'i am sure'
This can't be.
He doesn't know at all.
The first post implies the possibility of being wrong. How come this vanished few posts after? That's because he only wants everyone to believe his lies.

I know very well what happened and I asked why you didn't receive the gift, saying that probably you were jailed.
Instead finding another explanation for that you vote me after all game you town read me.

That's a fabricated scum read.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

osieorb18 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:30 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:22 pmYou don't know how the role works. That's a lie.
Remember the setup. Of course I know how the role works.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:22 pmYou talk about alien stuff but i never mentioned that, you invent things.
An Alien is a type of Jailkeeper.
Look, i have a number of gifts

I couldn't give you a gift last night but I received back tye gift I have to Moody in N1

How come my claim is a mess?
the worst

Post by the worst »

I think I can see scum!Wmu and I think her partner might be Madge. My biggest fear going into today is that the scumteam is wmu/snide but like... Osie just doesn't really make sense as scum with anyone who's left alive.

I guess if this is red there's a decent chance I'll be night killed, so good luck in f3 and go town.

vote: wakemeup
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Well that was quick. That's hammer, no more posting.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Wam

Post by Wam »

As the party drags in you all slowly come to a realisation. Christmas parties in January suck. You have all the bad weather but non of the cheer. So you have a quick chat and make a pact next year it will be a proper Christmas party in December with all the trimmings and who cares if parcels are late or delivered wrong because of hangovers or sleep deprivation

xX_wakemeup1337_Xx was eliminated they were town inventor

Final votals

xX_wakemeup1337_Xx - 3 - osieorb18, the snide sniper, the worst
Osieorb18 - 1 - xX_wakemeup1337_Xx

Not voting - 1 -madge

Game over mafia, osieorb18 and the worst win.

Hope you all had fun will post the roles and notes tomorrow.
the worst

Post by the worst »

Good game all! Thanks for modding wam and seven <3
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

THE CATGIRL CLUTCH!! That was my role! When I saw that result I was like "oh my god the catgirl actually did something!"

Good game, truly. Frankly, it's hilarious that the catgirl actually did something meaningful.
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

*Phew*

GG.

Thoughts to come.

WMU, you had my submission; it sounds like Wam didn't quite handle it correctly, but oh well.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

The Snide Sniper wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:00 pm THE CATGIRL CLUTCH!! That was my role! When I saw that result I was like "oh my god the catgirl actually did something!"

Good game, truly. Frankly, it's hilarious that the catgirl actually did something meaningful.
Yeah that was me.
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

Oh, so we were both feigning confusion at that result.
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Scum chat and some fun images.

Scum Chat Discord

This was amazing to realize:

The worst and I had two great roles:

WMU had the role I designed:

Madge had the role the worst designed:

%%%

When I get into convincing myself I'm town, I get into it. So the comments in the spoiler thread are probably hilarious for anyone informed.

%%%

Shoutouts and further thoughts to come.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

The Snide Sniper wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:16 pm Oh, so we were both feigning confusion at that result.
Apparently Heury ALSO got deceived by it, on Night 1.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Very well played scum.
bessie wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:45 am Woof

bessie – Labrador retriever and hot fudge sundae aficionado.

BoomFrog – Is BoomFrog.

WakeMeUp1337 – I think she is trying to solve the game, and that she has made many valid points.

Madge – Isn’t BoomFrog, Is Madge.

The Snide Sniper – Placeholder, he told us pre-game that he didn’t intend to be very active Day 1, but I expect something from him on Day 2. If the Snide Sniper does not post more and better content on Day 2, I will probably start considering that he may be newbie indie (again) that is not sure what to do.

moody7277 – Placeholder, I have some pings related to Osie’s initial read list and with some other interactions (or lack thereof), and with Moody’s light-for-him content (but not light enough to be a concern, yet).

heuristically_alone - Boop line. Boop.

the worst – Possible scum partners with Osie. He won’t give a read of Osie, and something about their interactions that I noted pings me.

osieorb18 – I think BoomFrog was on point when he speculated that Osie could be “scum frustrated that they are being pressured for bullshit that (they believe) wasn’t actually scummy”. I think Osie’s overreaction to my early suspicions and his subsequent content re-enforces this.

Grr
And bessie proves once again why she is the GOAT.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:09 am So i am alive because I had bad reads and votes. That doesn't mean I am scum, that means I am pocketed by scum and I have wrong reads.
So true, but also:
osieorb18 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:30 amThis makes zero sense. Beyond the basic logistics, since when would you ever be kept alive to XyLO in that world?
I legit was considering killing you Night 1. I have a few reasons I use for a Night 1 kill, and one of them is killing off someone who knows how I play and can probably peg me for scum in XyLO.

In this case Boomfrog was consensus town and killing you would only draw suspicion.

Also you going at it with the worst was only beneficial.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

LaserGuy wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:32 pm Very well played scum.
bessie wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:45 am Woof

bessie – Labrador retriever and hot fudge sundae aficionado.

BoomFrog – Is BoomFrog.

WakeMeUp1337 – I think she is trying to solve the game, and that she has made many valid points.

Madge – Isn’t BoomFrog, Is Madge.

The Snide Sniper – Placeholder, he told us pre-game that he didn’t intend to be very active Day 1, but I expect something from him on Day 2. If the Snide Sniper does not post more and better content on Day 2, I will probably start considering that he may be newbie indie (again) that is not sure what to do.

moody7277 – Placeholder, I have some pings related to Osie’s initial read list and with some other interactions (or lack thereof), and with Moody’s light-for-him content (but not light enough to be a concern, yet).

heuristically_alone - Boop line. Boop.

the worst – Possible scum partners with Osie. He won’t give a read of Osie, and something about their interactions that I noted pings me.

osieorb18 – I think BoomFrog was on point when he speculated that Osie could be “scum frustrated that they are being pressured for bullshit that (they believe) wasn’t actually scummy”. I think Osie’s overreaction to my early suspicions and his subsequent content re-enforces this.

Grr
And bessie proves once again why she is the GOAT.
the worst

Post by the worst »

The Snide Sniper wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:00 pm THE CATGIRL CLUTCH!! That was my role! When I saw that result I was like "oh my god the catgirl actually did something!"

I think your (paraphrasing) "I thought I'd caught Bessie's killer but it was just a catgirl" post had me in stitches.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Though I also aimed to control the thread flow and match the solving of my town game (the latter of which I usually can do pretty well as scum).
the worst

Post by the worst »

I think -- if this player list was more familiar with WMU and we could have gotten away with it without it being really obvious that one of us did it -- wmu would have been n1'd. I wasn't expecting to need to let bessie live past n1, and then also wasn't expecting to n2 her. :P she is pretty scary.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Bessie was too much of a loose cannon and I was worried that she was just a tracker, not a JoAT.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Congrats scumteam, that was an obliteration.

Also well done bessie, boom, and WMU for figuring out the team at various points of the game. As I said last game, bessie really ought to start being considered an S-teir player. This is the 3 or 4th game in a row where she had 1-2 scum pinned Day 1.

I have to say it's also kind of frustrating that WMU's insights are often ignored. I imagine it's because of the language barrier, but man I found the endgame reminiscent of last game where her reasoning was flawless and ignored.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

I was expecting to survive N1 because surely as the only consensus townie scum would be afraid to Elim me because of possible doctors and watchers.

But no. Cat girl.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Btw, @TSS this isn't a criticism but just info for next time. I don't think anyone has explained to you "standard endgame strategy" but it's very important to discuss a lot before voting at xyLo. You want to be 100% solid on who you think is town and who you think is scum and all your townies agree to vote together.

Also scum purposely muddled the mass claim, but ideally everyone decides an order. Then everyone clearly explains every detail of their role and actions taken. Then people can see where the inconstancies are.