Secret Santa Game Thread

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Wam

Secret Santa Game Thread

Post by Wam »

Rules
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Activity - Players are expected to post 3 content posts per 48 hours and at least 1 content post in the final 24 hours of the Day phase or communicate to me (ideally in private, and ideally beforehand) that they cannot do so. They need not give a reason; if they tell me that they cannot make posts in a certain time period, I consider that to be sufficient. If it's a long enough time period, I will discuss with that player a possible compromise number of posts or potential for replacement. Not communicating until after the fact is handled on a case by case basis, but I am more than understanding that people are human and situations come up. If a player makes 0-1 content posts over 48 hours without communicating to me that they won't be able to post, I am likely to consider them to have abandoned the game thread and therefore seek replacement.
OGI/Angleshooting - Players will usually receive one friendly warning for OGI/Angleshooting. If it's more mild and/or clearly unknowing/unintentional, they may receive an additional warning before further moderation is considered. If it's more egregious, or they've already been warned, they will be considered for replacement or modkill. Intentional OGI/Angleshooting is cheating and will be quashed with great prejudice.
No Funny Business - No editing or deleting posts without explicit host permission. No cryptography, trust tells, or the like. If you're not sure if a post is okay, ask the host privately.
Toxicity - Bigotry and personal attacks do not belong in the game. Similarly to OGI/Angleshooting, if it's more mild and/or clearly unknowing/unintentional, they may receive an additional warning before further moderation is considered. If it's more egregious, or they've already been warned, they will be considered for replacement or modkill. Intentional toxicity is disgusting and will be quashed with great prejudice. Bigotry and direct attacks will usually be handled much more harshly than if a situation just escalates into a nasty argument. Again, we're all human. It happens.
Subbing Out - If a player no longer wishes to play, for any reason, I ask only that they please message me privately, rather than trying to get themself removed from the game via any other means. I have always honored such a request and never require reasons. No matter what the reason is for the request, I expect players to stop posting in game threads and chats once they have requested to be removed from the game. Requesting removal is saying "I no longer wish to participate." Participating at that point is trying to eat your cake and own it whole too. It's disrespectful to everyone involved.
Setup-Specific Info
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Roles will be randomly allocated based on those submitted by the players. Roles will not be allocated to the submitter, the mod reserves the right to alter roles for any reason.
This is not a bastard game, more details will be given when the roles are known.
I do not mind if you are not honest about what I have told you in PMs. Keep in mind, though, that my answers to other players questions may contradict what you have said in that case.
Players with chats can chat at any time.
Vote manipulation has no effect in XyLO.
Elimination Deadlines will be 120 hours.
Night phases will be 48 hours long. Night phases will be split into 24 hours for action submission and 24 hours for action handling.
Some abilities may change a player's target. The affected player will only directly learn of the change of target if they would learn information about their target.
This game uses "hard majority" majority elimination at greater than 50% of living players during the Day and elimination at the end of the Day for the player with the most votes. Ties will be resolved by checking who received that number of votes first.
Players may vote for no elimination to occur.
If there is an intentional no elimination for a Day, followed by an intentional no kill for a Night, followed by an intentional no elimination once more for a second Day, then at host discretion, a random town player may become the elimination for the second Day. This rule exists to prevent perpetual MyLO.
Actions will follow NAR as well as I can. When it comes down to it, I'm going to be making a decision, and you might not always agree with that decision. Please save concerns until the end of the game.
The game will start when all players have adequately responded to their role PMs.
Players
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
1. moody7277
2. bessie
3. heury
4. Boomfrog
5. Madge
6. The Snide Sniper
7. osieorb18
7#2. the worst
9. xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx
Town win condition
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

You are town and win when all threats to town are removed.
Last edited by Wam on Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wam

Re: Secret Santa Game Thread

Post by Wam »

You are the postal workers of XCKDVille and as usual you have to have your Christmas party in January due to the Christmas rush. This year it was even delayed another week as the host you had arranged for the party came down with the global illness going round the world.

However, you know that somewhere within the people at the Party are the angry postal workers who want the party moved to December irrespective of whats going on then and the workload required.

Role PM's are out please confirm you have received them in thread.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Confirmed.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Confirm.

Thanks Wam.
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

Confirmed.
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Confirm.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

Confirm
madge

Post by madge »

Confirm, thanks wam, love the flavour!

to what extent, if any, are we allowed to claim the roles we submitted? e.g. can we just say "i submitted a doctor" outright first thing D1? alternatively, if someone claims doc, can we say "oh yes i submitted that!"?
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
the worst

Post by the worst »

Confirm. Love the flavour!
Wam

Post by Wam »

madge wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:08 pm Confirm, thanks wam, love the flavour!

to what extent, if any, are we allowed to claim the roles we submitted? e.g. can we just say "i submitted a doctor" outright first thing D1? alternatively, if someone claims doc, can we say "oh yes i submitted that!"?

You cant claim anything about what you submitted. I'm happy to discuss specific examples by PM.

That is enough to get the game going.

You all arrive at the venue ready to get the party started. There is an edge to the mindless small talk though. You all received an email earlier from an unidentified source that stated "we will show you why the party should be in December."

It is now day 1 deadline is Friday at 14:00 UTC, a deadline counter will follow.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

First?
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

/Vote xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Let's pull you out of your shell!
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

Wam wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:14 pm You all received an email earlier from an unidentified source that stated "we will show you why the party should be in December."
Oh no, is there a bomb here? Has someone gone postal!?
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

The Snide Sniper wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:08 pm
Wam wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:14 pm You all received an email earlier from an unidentified source that stated "we will show you why the party should be in December."
I wonder if this is your colour of magic. If the men at arms should be worried that you are one of the witches abroad as you seem to be raising steam about a hat full of sky. Maybe I'll snuff this line of inquiry for later though; the truth is that I'm looking out for the last hero so I can join up with them to root out the thief of time.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Wow, that was so unsubtle I wonder if it's a fake breadcrumb.

vote: the worst

Matching confirm posts = scum team.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

moody7277 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:30 pm Wow, that was so unsubtle I wonder if it's a fake breadcrumb.
Nah, just a Terry Pratchett fan.
the worst

Post by the worst »

Osie softclaiming with all the softness of a bag of razors is the content I came here to see. <3

vote: madge
Wmu is also a great wagon choice.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

the worst wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:27 pm Osie softclaiming with all the softness of a bag of razors is the content I came here to see. <3
You'll know when I'm softclaiming.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

The Snide Sniper wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:08 pm
This kinda feels like it could be a softclaim though. Softclaiming a killing role is... townie?
the worst

Post by the worst »

Look, I'll try my best to catch it, but you and I both have a reasonable grasp of the extents of my cognitive abilities.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:57 pm /Vote xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

:D ily too
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:34 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:57 pm /Vote xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

:D ily too
After I hyped you up so much on NUF and then you were a lurky wolf...
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

the worst wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:31 pm Look, I'll try my best to catch it, but you and I both have a reasonable grasp of the extents of my cognitive abilities.
Those of a duck?
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

the worst wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:27 pmWmu is also a great wagon choice.
Pocketing attempt?
bessie

Post by bessie »

Wam wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:14 pm That is enough to get the game going.
Boo.

madge wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:08 pm Confirm, thanks wam, love the flavour!

Madge, I don’t like your confirmation post. You asked a question that was already discussed in the signup thread here . And you were part of that discussion.

FoS osieorb18