Secret Santa Game Thread

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
osieorb18

Re: Secret Santa Game Thread

Post by osieorb18 »

I'm leaning towards voting for Sniper.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

My role gives gifts for dead or alive.
I understood wrong that i will receive something from the targeted player role and N1 I targeted Moody with a gift.
I received the same gift back N2.
I targeted Osie last night and my action failed. Because of what i received, i wasn't RBed.
But for the action on you to fail, my friend Osie, that means you were something like jailkept so your own action couldn't go through.

I am slightly confused by mechs so I let this here to be interpreted if I am wrong, but I think Osie lied

I said I will reset my reads. This helps a lot
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

The Snide Sniper wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:14 am
the worst wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:19 pm I feel like this setup is going to be hilarious once all is revealed
Oh absolutely.
the worst wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:32 pm
The Snide Sniper wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:08 pm My votes are on WMU and the worst.
I'm not too stressed yet, but your solve isn't 2/2. we're pretty close to the wire, and town voting incorrectly is going to cost us the game.

Not saying you need to bend your reads because I tell you to - ive just found you a bit inscrutable this game and I happen to know that your reads arent perfect.
Do you have something that might point us to who is scum or is this just a town claim?
the worst wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:32 pm Please keep talking us through where you're at. Did you clear madge as town prior to your night result, or is it just based on that?
It's based on this post by bessie. I didn't trust it fully until bessie flipped town though.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:28 pm I wish to point out that Heury flipping tracker/watcher/role cop means that probably town doesn't have another similar role, so Madge's claim sticks out as fake for me.
Why couldn't they? This is secret santa.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:53 pm
The Snide Sniper wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:08 pm By the way, given that bessie saw madge visit osie N2 and he very clearly isn't dead, I think we can put her down as "unlikely". My votes are on WMU and the worst.

(Also, does xylo mean the same thing as elo?)
@The Snide Sniper explain please your votes.
Process of elimination, mainly. I have madge down as "unlikely" and strong town reads on osie, and there are two mafia left, so that just leaves you and worst.
I am town, think again
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

So i am alive because I had bad reads and votes. That doesn't mean I am scum, that means I am pocketed by scum and I have wrong reads.

Now thinking at day 1, Osie used his meta knowledge to tell me the worst is villager.
After so many flips and after the worst who wasn't suspected by others except me is still alive, I come back to my D1 scum read on the duck

Osie and the worst makes a lot of sense

The worst attitude about Osie looks like distancing and I will search for quotes after work. He never really scum hunted all game.
Osie's attempt to make associative reads gave a conclusion for me unpaired with all players except 2 (unlikely because no one followed that) and I can see that as pocketing.
Osie had Sniper town all game for weak reasons but now wants to vote him out of the blue. Nah.

If i vote now I vote between duck and my friend Osie.
the worst

Post by the worst »

madge wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:56 am OKAY FULLCLAIM

I promise 100000% that there is nothing secret, I have kept nothing from you.

I'm a compulsive visitor. I must visit someone in the night and either they're told I visited them, or in the case of the NK, the whole thread is told I visited the NK target in bold at day start.

N1 Osie
N2 the worst (previous post I used the word "the worst" as breadcrumb just in case it helped I figure it won't)

My visits do nothing.

Logic for osie = osie wanted to vote me off, and i figured being told i visited would mean that they would know that i didn't do anything harmful which is something, I guess? I figured that was the only way I could make my visits helpful. Hopefully my logic as stated yesterday makes sense now.

Logic for the worst = honestly I almost forgot to submit my action so I did it in a hurry and just decided to visit my neighbour from the previous game. nothing deeper than that.

This is why I've been so disengaged, I was so excited for SS because it's normally ROLE MADNESS and this role is absolutely useless for my style of play as it gives me no useful information. I knew that when we got to this point the claim is going to seem really ridiculous and fake but what the hell else can I do but tell the truth.

if you want to vote me out today there's not much i can do. xylo means that I should probably go down with more of a fight but there's little i can do. all I ask is that everyone who is willing to fullclaim today do so, with results, and I will try and see if i can wrestle anything useful, but I'm not so arrogant as to think i'm the only person who can get good conclusions from claims so like, whatever. i know i suck and i'm sorry. when i flip town you'll all hopefully believe that i'm actually a terrible player lol
Just like, keeping an eye on the thread while i do legwork but: I was not notified of a visit last night.
the worst

Post by the worst »

I have literally been scumhunting all game. Like all I have been doing is pressing people asking questions discussing things and giving my reads. This is how I scumhunt. Suspect me if you need to but "hasn't scumhunted all game" is patently false - ive been scumhunting for the entire game.
madge

Post by madge »

wam/seven didn't send me a PM acknowledgement of my action which I did N1, so maybe they missed it (like i said i did do it late, but at least 12 hours before the day start). it's also possible i was RBed (since i was scumread).

i doubt you'd lie about this because, y'know, it's not going to be what gets me voted out or not
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
madge

Post by madge »

update: they've given me acknowledgement, so i guess i was RBed or something.
the worst

Post by the worst »

I'm not really making heads or tails of it either atm

prev. suggestion of massclaim may not have been all that prudent; as osie pointed out this setup is probably not mechsolvable
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:56 amBut for the action on you to fail, my friend Osie, that means you were something like jailkept so your own action couldn't go through.

I am slightly confused by mechs so I let this here to be interpreted if I am wrong, but I think Osie lied
I did not get any notification of my actions failing.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:56 am My role gives gifts for dead or alive.
I understood wrong that i will receive something from the targeted player role and N1 I targeted Moody with a gift.
I targeted Osie last night and my action failed. Because of what i received, i wasn't RBed.
But for the action on you to fail, my friend Osie, that means you were something like jailkept so your own action couldn't go through.
Also this claim is a mess.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:09 am So i am alive because I had bad reads and votes. That doesn't mean I am scum, that means I am pocketed by scum and I have wrong reads.

Now thinking at day 1, Osie used his meta knowledge to tell me the worst is villager.
After so many flips and after the worst who wasn't suspected by others except me is still alive, I come back to my D1 scum read on the duck

Osie and the worst makes a lot of sense
This makes zero sense. Beyond the basic logistics, since when would you ever be kept alive to XyLO in that world?
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

I'm pretty sure I know how WMU's role works and what she's described is impossible...

Sniper still looks the most sus, but WMU's claim is pretty bad.

I kinda like Madge's claim and following behaviour.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Though if Worst wasn't notified of a visit and Madge wasn't notified of a roleblock...
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Heading to bed but hm.

I think I'm comfortable with voting TSS some time once I'm awake.
madge

Post by madge »

I would assume I wouldn't learn of being (standardly) roleblocked, since I get no feedback from my action. So either my role didn't work (including redirection/the worst being hidden by someone else) or the worst is lying.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

osieorb18 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:21 am
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:56 am My role gives gifts for dead or alive.
Why so?
It shows you lied so of course you will brush it off
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

the worst wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:09 am I have literally been scumhunting all game. Like all I have been doing is pressing people asking questions discussing things and giving my reads. This is how I scumhunt. Suspect me if you need to but "hasn't scumhunted all game" is patently false - ive been scumhunting for the entire game.
Who is scum the worst?
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

osieorb18 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:36 am I'm pretty sure I know how WMU's role works and what she's described is impossible...

Why is Sniper sus?
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

Not really seeing an osie+worst scumteam. I don't think only one of them would lie about being visited by madge.
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:56 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:21 am
Why so?
It shows you lied so of course you will brush it off
I know how the role works and it doesn't make sense. Also I specifically wasn't roleblocked since I had asked about whether or not the host would notify people on roleblock, and they said they would. Knowing how your role should work, based on what you have stated, it is possible that you were roleblocked on Night 2 even with getting a gift back related to Moody. But the way you've described it doesn't actually exactly match what the role should do, even within minor host modifications based on interpretation.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

madge wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:52 am I would assume I wouldn't learn of being (standardly) roleblocked, since I get no feedback from my action. So either my role didn't work (including redirection/the worst being hidden by someone else) or the worst is lying.
I think you would learn of being roleblocked but not redirected. It's possible that you were redirected, but then nobody is claiming it which is odd.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:10 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:36 am I'm pretty sure I know how WMU's role works and what she's described is impossible...

Why is Sniper sus?
Because of gamestate (Scum likely sitting back), positioning posts, and working on a lot of teams.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

I think between my reads and Boom's, I was still leaning Sniper first and foremost.

I'm thinking the team is Sniper+WMU due in part to poor claims. The way that WMU suggested that I should specifically have been targeted by an Alien role implies that she has knowledge of an Alien role in addition to her own which if she's claiming semi-truthfully (role still doesn't work the way she claimed it), then she's implying that she knows multiple roles when that shouldn't be possible for her as town if she has the role she claimed to have.

That if anything feels like more of a slip than anything from Sniper, and WMU and Sniper are the only players who could definitely work on a team with anybody at this point.

I think it's time.

Vote: Wakemeup
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

I think your scumread on me is less that I've made a bad claim and more that I haven't actually made a full claim yet. I should probably come out and say that I'm an absorber. Any ability that targets me, I get a one-shot of that ability for future nights. I got a lookout one-shot N1 (which was erroneously labeled as a watcher ability), and nothing N2. I used the lookout charge on bessie N2, and that's where I got the "catgirl" result from.

I'm still looking at a WMU+worst scumteam, so I guess I'll jump on the WMU wagon.

Vote: WakeMeUp

Also, madge, although this will probably put me in the mafia's crosshairs, I think my ability means I can verify your role if you visit me N3. Same for you, osie.
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.