Secret Santa Game Thread

What you're all really here for.
Wam

Re: Secret Santa Game Thread

Post by Wam »

Having banished Heury you then move on to the cake. The good news is there is a lot of cake and it is delicious. Whilst eating the cake someone pipes up "Where's Bessie, she loves cake we need to make sure she gets some". However, you look through the whole venue and no sign of bessie can be found.

Bessie has died overnight, they were town JOAT. It is now day 3, deadline is provisionally 8pm GMT Friday but I may have to move it, will keep you posted.

5 players alive 3 required to eliminate. For reference it is now xylo
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Don't vote early in XyLO!
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Okay, so bessie flipping as town supports my earlier theory that scum have been sitting back and letting us tear each other apart. That said, I am concerned that both WMU and the worst have survived to XyLO. I'm also more and more convinced that Madge is scum given that all of the kills have been people who would recognize her.

One way or another, Madge has openly not really done anything all game, and that's concerning. She also fits well on the most teams of anyone.

I still want to go through everybody, but I think eliminating Madge is the best play here. WMU and the worst would be close second and third for me in some order.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

IDK, Sniper's posts look pretty bad in retrospect and WMU and worst have both been much more solid...
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

Well, I thought I had caught bessie's killer but it just told me "a catgirl".
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

The Snide Sniper wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:17 pm Well, I thought I had caught bessie's killer but it just told me "a catgirl".
Wat?
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

osieorb18 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:32 pm
The Snide Sniper wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:17 pm Well, I thought I had caught bessie's killer but it just told me "a catgirl".
Wat?
I am just as confused as you are. I used a lookout charge on bessie, who happened to die last night, but all it said was she was "visited by a catgirl".
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

By the way, given that bessie saw madge visit osie N2 and he very clearly isn't dead, I think we can put her down as "unlikely". My votes are on WMU and the worst.

(Also, does xylo mean the same thing as elo?)
the worst

Post by the worst »

I feel like this setup is going to be hilarious once all is revealed
the worst

Post by the worst »

The Snide Sniper wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:08 pm By the way, given that bessie saw madge visit osie N2 and he very clearly isn't dead, I think we can put her down as "unlikely". My votes are on WMU and the worst.

Yeah, XyLo = something-or-lose; ELo = eliminate correctly or lose.
the worst

Post by the worst »

Its been a minute since ive been alive in ELo so I fully intend to take the time to solve this properly. I'd fairly strongly encourage massclaiming first.

If anyone can confirm or deny the catgirl thing they should probs claim first
the worst

Post by the worst »

otherwise roughly
Osie > Madge > wmu > snide
I'd prefer going before or after wmu but can be whenever
the worst

Post by the worst »

The Snide Sniper wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:08 pm My votes are on WMU and the worst.
I'm not too stressed yet, but your solve isn't 2/2. we're pretty close to the wire, and town voting incorrectly is going to cost us the game.

Not saying you need to bend your reads because I tell you to - ive just found you a bit inscrutable this game and I happen to know that your reads arent perfect.

Please keep talking us through where you're at. Did you clear madge as town prior to your night result, or is it just based on that?
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

the worst wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:24 pmI'd fairly strongly encourage massclaiming first.
What does massclaiming give us in this case? All the roles were player-submitted; there's no rhyme or reason to them.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

I think I might have found something here. This series of posts bugs me.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
madge wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:38 amOsie: too much fire and fury to be worth doing my head in about. has had enough rope to either be helpful as town / self-incriminate as scum. we will look at the rope situation toMorrow.
madge wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:34 am
bessie wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:05 am So Madge, why'd you visit Osie last night?
to prove that i didn't kill him, also i literally am only able to post for another 30 minutes and then I am perma-afk until after deadline
madge wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:02 am okay i'm getting picked up in 15 minutes and after that i'm gone

- i visited osie because osie was suspicious of me and i figured osie would be able to verify that i didn't kill/block them

- fullclaim tomorrow (& all applicable results), if desired
madge wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:06 am update, my husband is picking me up early, i will 99% chance not have access to a computer again before deadline, sorry folks. i wish Bessie had said something earlier

anyway we can verify that osie wasn't killed by me, and bessie can verify whether i visited other people if she tracked me / can just be upset with the mystery if she watched osie

i do confirm that i visited osie and only osie. i did nothing harmful to osie (no roleblocking or poisoning or arson or anything like that)
The Snide Sniper wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:15 pm Well, my original vote on Bessie was rather vacuous, but this post seems a little damning:
bessie wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:05 am So Madge, why'd you visit Osie last night?
This is phrased like an accusation. Given that nothing appears to have happened to him, this seems like either total BS meant to put madge on the spot, or actual data that's been blown far out of proportion in terms of what it actually tells the town. Given madge's response the latter is probably correct, but either way I can't really see town!bessie making this claim.
The Snide Sniper wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:08 pm By the way, given that bessie saw madge visit osie N2 and he very clearly isn't dead, I think we can put her down as "unlikely".
This feels almost scripted. Like two people working together.

Gonna double-check if anything pops out at me from WMU's or the worst's posts, but otherwise, I'm comfortable voting for Madge as soon as everyone has had a chance to weigh in.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

Are the votes locked?

Is midnight for me, I will think and post more tomorow

I wish to point out that Heury flipping tracker/watcher/role cop means that probably town doesn't have another similar role, so Madge's claim sticks out as fake for me. Idk what to do with Snade's claim.

Is claiming allowed?
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Osie i think you put in words a thought i had.

I will read though the spoiler in the morning and share my ideas
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Well i read it now though, what is curious is not only the clear of Madge without conviction, there are implied accusations.

What wasn't quoted by Osie is the claimed vote on me who are not explained.
The Snide Sniper wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:08 pm By the way, given that bessie saw madge visit osie N2 and he very clearly isn't dead, I think we can put her down as "unlikely". My votes are on WMU and the worst.

@The Snide Sniper explain please your votes.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Please be sure to CC me with any private messages to Wam!
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
madge

Post by madge »

I'll fullclaim whenever.

my prediction is that you'll all be disappointed and vote me off anyway, fwiw.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

the worst wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:19 pm I feel like this setup is going to be hilarious once all is revealed
Oh absolutely.
the worst wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:32 pm
The Snide Sniper wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:08 pm My votes are on WMU and the worst.
I'm not too stressed yet, but your solve isn't 2/2. we're pretty close to the wire, and town voting incorrectly is going to cost us the game.

Not saying you need to bend your reads because I tell you to - ive just found you a bit inscrutable this game and I happen to know that your reads arent perfect.
Do you have something that might point us to who is scum or is this just a town claim?
the worst wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:32 pm Please keep talking us through where you're at. Did you clear madge as town prior to your night result, or is it just based on that?
It's based on this post by bessie. I didn't trust it fully until bessie flipped town though.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:28 pm I wish to point out that Heury flipping tracker/watcher/role cop means that probably town doesn't have another similar role, so Madge's claim sticks out as fake for me.
Why couldn't they? This is secret santa.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:53 pm

@The Snide Sniper explain please your votes.
Process of elimination, mainly. I have madge down as "unlikely" and strong town reads on osie, and there are two mafia left, so that just leaves you and worst.
madge

Post by madge »

Heury = JOAT therefore madge can't be JOAT isn't the worst argument i've heard but it's not great. This is SS, plenty of people may have submitted JOAT (when I modded SS there were like 4 submitted roleblockers in 9 players!)

I have *NOT* claimed JOAT. I have claimed that I visited Osie N1 and did nothing harmful.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

madge wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:22 amI have *NOT* claimed JOAT. I have claimed that I visited Osie N1 and did nothing harmful.
And Bessie claimed to have seen your visit.

What did you do?
madge

Post by madge »

OKAY FULLCLAIM

I promise 100000% that there is nothing secret, I have kept nothing from you.

I'm a compulsive visitor. I must visit someone in the night and either they're told I visited them, or in the case of the NK, the whole thread is told I visited the NK target in bold at day start.

N1 Osie
N2 the worst (previous post I used the word "the worst" as breadcrumb just in case it helped I figure it won't)

My visits do nothing.

Logic for osie = osie wanted to vote me off, and i figured being told i visited would mean that they would know that i didn't do anything harmful which is something, I guess? I figured that was the only way I could make my visits helpful. Hopefully my logic as stated yesterday makes sense now.

Logic for the worst = honestly I almost forgot to submit my action so I did it in a hurry and just decided to visit my neighbour from the previous game. nothing deeper than that.

This is why I've been so disengaged, I was so excited for SS because it's normally ROLE MADNESS and this role is absolutely useless for my style of play as it gives me no useful information. I knew that when we got to this point the claim is going to seem really ridiculous and fake but what the hell else can I do but tell the truth.

if you want to vote me out today there's not much i can do. xylo means that I should probably go down with more of a fight but there's little i can do. all I ask is that everyone who is willing to fullclaim today do so, with results, and I will try and see if i can wrestle anything useful, but I'm not so arrogant as to think i'm the only person who can get good conclusions from claims so like, whatever. i know i suck and i'm sorry. when i flip town you'll all hopefully believe that i'm actually a terrible player lol
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Hmm.

This is frustratingly convenient due to my action usage this game, since Madge could still have a killing role and be claiming otherwise.

I'm a doctor with a single-use self-protect. I self-protected on Night 1 in fear of Bessie killing me, and then protected the worst on Night 2 since they fit on the fewest teams.

I did receive a notification that Madge had targeted me, though.

I don't think the claim is clearing for various reasons including my actions, but at least the "told I visited them" part seems to be accurate (and there's no reason to lie about it). We can see what the worst has to say about their feedback.