Secret Santa Game Thread

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
osieorb18

Re: Secret Santa Game Thread

Post by osieorb18 »

Looking back at that post, the game I think the worst was talking about is the first I played with the worst, which was not an enjoyable game for IRL reasons. Also the worst was being a bit of a doofus in that game but it worked out well for him.
madge

Post by madge »

bessie wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:05 am So Madge, why'd you visit Osie last night?
to prove that i didn't kill him, also i literally am only able to post for another 30 minutes and then I am perma-afk until after deadline
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

madge wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:34 am
bessie wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:05 am So Madge, why'd you visit Osie last night?
to prove that i didn't kill him
madge

Post by madge »

okay i'm getting picked up in 15 minutes and after that i'm gone

- i visited osie because osie was suspicious of me and i figured osie would be able to verify that i didn't kill/block them

- fullclaim tomorrow (& all applicable results), if desired
madge

Post by madge »

update, my husband is picking me up early, i will 99% chance not have access to a computer again before deadline, sorry folks. i wish Bessie had said something earlier

anyway we can verify that osie wasn't killed by me, and bessie can verify whether i visited other people if she tracked me / can just be upset with the mystery if she watched osie

i do confirm that i visited osie and only osie. i did nothing harmful to osie (no roleblocking or poisoning or arson or anything like that)
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

Thanks for the link, I will take a look at it later in the day
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Is thrawn a claim who is proving something?
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:15 am Heury please post your games mistakes. I won't search for them .
The 2 posts i quoted contradict each other, in the first you say both should be town in the second you say both are scummy.
And now you only vote to self press but you find a reason in the fact Osie is towny.
Do you disagree that Osie is townie?
You've already called out my game mistakes. No need for me or you to search them.

bessie wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:59 am Wait a minute.....
heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:22 am
Also the not taking responsibility for their vote, Madge never wants to take responsibility as town either, and often talks about wheeling votes. I wouldn't call this alignment indicative for Madge and you shouldn't either.
If I was partners with Madge I would never say those. Search my games. I don't believe I've ever defended a partner as scum.
What I was saying is that Madge as town and Mafia sheep's others votes.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Wam

Post by Wam »

5 hours 40 min to deadline link :
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... nt=cursive

Votals

Bessie - 3 - madge, the snide sniper, heury
Madge - 1 - , xX_wakemeup1337_Xx
Heury - 2 - the worst, Osieorb18

Not voting - 1 bessie

With 7 alive it takes 4 for an elimination.
Last edited by Wam on Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Not that I necessarily care, but my name is spelled heury.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

Well, my original vote on Bessie was rather vacuous, but this post seems a little damning:
This is phrased like an accusation. Given that nothing appears to have happened to him, this seems like either total BS meant to put madge on the spot, or actual data that's been blown far out of proportion in terms of what it actually tells the town. Given madge's response the latter is probably correct, but either way I can't really see town!bessie making this claim.
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
Wam

Post by Wam »

heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:42 pm Not that I necessarily care, but my name is spelled heury.
Fixed sorry did those in a rush between things
bessie

Post by bessie »

osieorb18 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:54 am My entire set of current scum worlds voting together only feels like it confirms my theory.

It's EFoT and only the person who would be the second of the wagons is self-preserving... I don't get it.

Meh.
It took me a while to figure out what you were saying. I don’t do self-preservation votes. I think if a townie is scummy enough to be leading the votes, then the best thing they can do to help town is to step aside and let the game continue without being a distraction, and leave all their thoughts before they go.

However, it appears the mafia team got over-eager.

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:15 am Bessie you have too many scum reads and I don't understand it .

You asked me something but I don't really get the question .
Bessie wrote:WakeMeUp was more concerned about protecting Osie than she was in voting for scum, she even says this a bit later:
I said I think he is town previously
His other players and games references may not be things put there to make you not understand his posts and hide behind these. Because when someone plays with so many unknown players, making stances understandable just for 2 is suicidal for scum.
Why is only you triggered by this and none of the others?
Also you ignore the amount of work he put in this game and I can't do this. He looks like town Osie I saw many times.
I call out scummy content where I see it.

As for Osie’s content level, I don’t accept this as a reason scum can work just as hard or harder than town for their win. The game that I put the most work in was Secret Santa 2017 (not in Wayback Machine but you can read a pdf of it here ); jimbobmacdoodle and I won that game and I don’t think either of us ever received a vote.

madge wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:06 am update, my husband is picking me up early, i will 99% chance not have access to a computer again before deadline, sorry folks. i wish Bessie had said something earlier
Madge, you didn’t respond to my read. Why are you not following moody?

Sorry I didn’t give you enough time to make up a better excuse.
(I'm not really sorry.)

heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:10 pm If I was partners with Madge I would never say those. Search my games. I don't believe I've ever defended a partner as scum.
Is that a WOULD I DO THIS AS SCUM post??? [-1]

The Snide Sniper wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:15 pm Well, my original vote on Bessie was rather vacuous, but this post seems a little damning:
This is phrased like an accusation. Given that nothing appears to have happened to him, this seems like either total BS meant to put madge on the spot, or actual data that's been blown far out of proportion in terms of what it actually tells the town. Given madge's response the latter is probably correct, but either way I can't really see town!bessie making this claim.
I didn’t claim anything. But I guess you have to find a reason for keeping your vote on me.

Woof
moody7277
BoomFrog
bessie
The Worst
WakeMeUp
osieorb18
The Snide Sniper
Madge
heuristically_alone
Grr

Vote: heuristically_alone
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:10 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:15 am Heury please post your games mistakes. I won't search for them .
The 2 posts i quoted contradict each other, in the first you say both should be town in the second you say both are scummy.
And now you only vote to self press but you find a reason in the fact Osie is towny.
Do you disagree that Osie is townie?
You've already called out my game mistakes. No need for me or you to search them.

bessie wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:59 am Wait a minute.....
heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:22 am
Also the not taking responsibility for their vote, Madge never wants to take responsibility as town either, and often talks about wheeling votes. I wouldn't call this alignment indicative for Madge and you shouldn't either.
If I was partners with Madge I would never say those. Search my games. I don't believe I've ever defended a partner as scum.
Is my English that bad? I wanted to say that you don't keep the same read for them, you say they both are town but later you say they are both scummy.

And I was talking about old games, can you proove you made such mistakes as villager?

We have 2 and half hours until Eod from what I saw
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Bessie's vote is L-1, right?
Wam

Post by Wam »

2 hours 25 min to deadline, link :
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... nt=cursive

Votals

Madge - 1 - , xX_wakemeup1337_Xx
Heury - 3 - the worst, Osieorb18, bessie

Not voting - 0

With 7 alive it takes 4 for an elimination.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Thanks for the VC
Wam

Post by Wam »

1 hour 5 min to deadline
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Reading in Boomfrog's Iso I understand he town read Bessie.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

No one is here?

Why is here is no interaction at Eod?
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

I will post my vote in 15 mins
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

I hope I am right in suspecting Heury, I keep thinking at this silence and I don't like it at all.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Vote Heury

I hope he flips scum. if he flips town i will reset all my reads
Wam

Post by Wam »

That is hammer please do not post any more
Wam

Post by Wam »

So after the buffet you all gather back round and decide that Heury is the one sabotaging this party. Various voices all say that you saw Heury taking all the good items from the buffet. With that you decide that Heury will be banished from the party you kick them out the door and then go looking to see if there is any cake left.

Heury has been eliminated they were Town tracker/watcher/role cop

Final Votals

Votals

Heury - 4 - the worst, Osieorb18, bessie, xX_wakemeup1337_Xx

Not voting - 0
It is now N2, please get all actions in within 24 hours. Night will end Sunday 8pm GMT.

Side note I saw the comments that D2 was shorter it was but only by 12 hours will try and get the 120 hours back in for D3. Apologies if this caused any issues.