Secret Santa (Belated) Signups

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Sabrar

Re: Secret Santa (Belated) Signups

Post by Sabrar »

Personally I don't like the mod modifying a role without a very good reason or putting in a new one completely. For me it breaks the concept of Secret Santa where everyone knows that their submitted role is present.
bessie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:05 am I like the idea of mod putting in a role, that way no one can be sure if the role they submitted are in the game. I think this is better for town. I remember when Jimbob and I were the mafia team we were able to figure out all the roles.
What helped you more was the mods needlessly modifying an important aspect of the redirection role for their own amusement, making it bastard and screwing up town's calculation. Yes, I'm still bitter about it.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

Interest List (/in?):
1. moody7277
2. bessie
3. heury
4. Boomfrog
5. Madge
6. The Snide Sniper
7. osieorb18
7#2. the worst
9. xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Replacements
1. Sabrar
√2. somitomi
π.

-------------

I will think at a role and send it until tomorow
Please tell me on discord when this game will start Michelle#5865
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

So, quick question, are we allowed to give our roles special win conditions? Like, your faction has to win AND you need to do a certain other task?
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
Wam

Post by Wam »

The Snide Sniper wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:28 pm So, quick question, are we allowed to give our roles special win conditions? Like, your faction has to win AND you need to do a certain other task?
Traditionally win conditions are not linked to the roles. My plan was to stick to that as otherwise it becomes difficult. Especially if your in a position to block them.

Timing wise I'm still missing quite a few roles so timings for the game are. Entries and role to be in by Tuesday 18th. Game to start Friday or Saturday depending on my availability.

Based on the responses I'm not going to add in a mod submitted role.
madge

Post by madge »

I think if someone doesn't submit a role, you can submit a role for them, because well, you'd have to.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I want to play, but I don't think I have the time. I am down to comod though if you're up for it, Wam.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
bessie

Post by bessie »

Sabrar wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:38 am
bessie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:05 am I like the idea of mod putting in a role, that way no one can be sure if the role they submitted are in the game. I think this is better for town. I remember when Jimbob and I were the mafia team we were able to figure out all the roles.
What helped you more was the mods needlessly modifying an important aspect of the redirection role for their own amusement, making it bastard and screwing up town's calculation. Yes, I'm still bitter about it.
No what helped was that we knew 4/10 roles right from the start, and moody claimed on D1 so that's half the roles already.

Are you sure you're not just bitter BECAUSE I KICKED ASS???
ME ME ME.PNG
ME ME ME.PNG (119.16 KiB) Viewed 1625 times
Wam

Post by Wam »

Seven wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:50 am I want to play, but I don't think I have the time. I am down to comod though if you're up for it, Wam.
I will take you up on this will drop you a pm when I have all the roles.
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

I'm not going to sign up as a player, what with an imminent birth (as in, I should have a child by the time this game starts!). However, I'd be happy to either act as replacement of last resort, or comod (no guarantees how much time I'll be able to commit in either case).
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

By the way, just a heads-up so I don't get scumread for this, I probably won't be doing a whole lot of analysis for D1. I'm like Madge in this regard; I prefer to check the facts, not psychoanalyze everyone.
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
madge

Post by madge »

don't compare yourself to me because i bet you everyone will look at my one game in recent memory, as scum, and decide to use the fact i have the same meta as proof i'm scum, thus re-cementing my scummy meta

FWIW, I did that meta as scum because it's the meta i'd do as town

of course knowing my luck i'll draw scum again and then i will just not play again because my reputation will precede me lol
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Winning as scum just makes next game hard mode... It's part of why this game burns people out.
madge

Post by madge »

well fortunately i lost, so you all don't have to worry about little old me :)
the worst

Post by the worst »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:07 pm I'm not going to sign up as a player, what with an imminent birth (as in, I should have a child by the time this game starts!). However, I'd be happy to either act as replacement of last resort, or comod (no guarantees how much time I'll be able to commit in either case).
Congratulations. :)
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:28 am Winning as scum just makes next game hard mode... It's part of why this game burns people out.
Yeah, but on the flipside you rand scum after a couple of town games and everyone's like "that's just how he plays" while you lurk and make crummy reads. :twisted:
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Wam

Post by Wam »

Sorry been away and not had the spare time I thought I would. Got a free weekend so am aiming for game start Sunday.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

*twiddles thumbs*
Wam

Post by Wam »

Things are moving in the background!
bessie

Post by bessie »

Yeah step on it Wam! I think <3 BoomFrog <3 misses me me me. :mrgreen: