Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
the worst

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 2

Post by the worst »

MathBlade wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:07 pm
Morgan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:32 pm Hey I have a fun homework assignment for the people scumreading me.

Sabrar, with an extra kill, and Morgan, with unlimited dayvigs to hand out, are on the same scumteam because ________.

At this point it should be argued that I'm a neutral, but even then that doesn't really make sense.

I fully expect Math and the worst to be full steam ahead regarding my death, and if they're both villagers, I'll eat a jar of rusty nails.
Unvote

Vote: Marklin

Ugh you’re right in that two vigs/kills for scum doesn’t make a lot of sense without a shit ton of PR.

Doesn’t rule out you and Wam but that’s not the most probable.

I am still extremely annoyed and think you should know better and you’re sus but ugh.

I don’t have much time to comment as I am working and my mom is flying in soon but yeah that’s a good point.
[v]Märklin[/v]
yeet

would prefer if Jedi wasn't the cw here. They were a very stagnant counterwagon to a flipped wolf n1 and far more importantly, I think I can get an alignment result on them tonight.
madge

Post by madge »

@wam town has spoken, can u shoot marklin for us? i'd still prefer jedi be shot as he's a distraction who i don't think would be yeeted before endgame at this rate for some reason, but if we have a lot of dayvigs maybe tomorrow can be the time for me to make that case

unvote
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Märklin

Post by Märklin »

Well, if you people decide I am to be shot, you may as well know my role first.
I'm the Town Cabbage Farmer, here's a copy of my role:
You are TOWN Cabbage Farmer.

Each Night, you may target a unique living player. If you target a player of your same alignment, they get a Cabbage. If you target a player of a different alignment, they get a Caesar Salad. You do not receive results from your action.

You win when no more threats to town exist, as long as at least one town player is alive.

Confirm reading and understanding this message by explaining this role here in this PM.
Honestly is kinda useless, the ability hasn't been used yet. I'm not gonna guess as to the reasons of the person I replaced.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I don't think you're allowed to quote your role PM. It's generally not allowed at least, but maybe osie is doing things differently here as I don't see it on the OP explicitly. And the flips are full reveal anyway?

Anyway how is that useless? This seems like a perspective slip to me as it's only -useless- if you're scum.

Man that would have been such a fun role to have!
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
madge

Post by madge »

well, that would be easy enough to prove tomorrow? your target can confirm they got a vegetable

does proving it mean much? idk, probably not, if massclaims aren't meant to help us

(btw my brain is back to mafia brain! however i am seeing dune tonight and then will be asleep over deadline so i'm basically not going ot be around for the last 12 hours of the day)
the worst

Post by the worst »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:57 am I don't think you're allowed to quote your role PM. It's generally not allowed at least, but maybe osie is doing things differently here as I don't see it on the OP explicitly. And the flips are full reveal anyway?

Anyway how is that useless? This seems like a perspective slip to me as it's only -useless- if you're scum.

... This
In the interest of minimal compromise I'll wait for mods to check in
Märklin

Post by Märklin »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:57 am I don't think you're allowed to quote your role PM. It's generally not allowed at least, but maybe osie is doing things differently here as I don't see it on the OP explicitly. And the flips are full reveal anyway?

Can you explain how it's useful? It doesn't give me any results back so I wouldn't be able to tell what the target got?
Märklin

Post by Märklin »

Also, I'm not gonna be available for the deadline tomorrow, latest I'll be on is midnight EST tonight assuming nothing crazy happens.
madge

Post by madge »

you ask them and they tell you, and if they say they got the scum-vegtable you go "HAHA you are scum" and we vote them off? seems obvious
the worst

Post by the worst »

I'll explain after the game is over if Seven doesn't feel like explaining.

Btw @seven, six told me she's terrified of you 😂
Märklin

Post by Märklin »

madge wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:36 am you ask them and they tell you, and if they say they got the scum-vegtable you go "HAHA you are scum" and we vote them off? seems obvious
Never thought of it like that, my mindset was based on an open setup, but this is a closed setup so you're right yeah
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Well it’s only useless now that we know about it.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Wam said he was going to shoot nine hours ago. What’s the deal with that?
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

He moved it up to twelve hours before deadline, didn't he?
madge

Post by madge »

i would totally hammer you out of rage if we didn't have a dayvig in the wings who'd do it for me and give us another bite of the apple.

if you're town you're monumentally bone-headed to have not realised that. it's like OBVIOUS. a real townie would think "HOW DO I USE MY POWER FOR TOWN" even when it seems useless and yours is SO OBVIOUS

either you're scum with a fake claim or town.

the only way i'll be happy for you to survive overnight and prove your vegetable thing isn't fake would be if you can point to suzaku talking about veggies in one of his posts
madge

Post by madge »

i now think that if marklin is scum, scum were given fake claims in addition to their scummy roles, and this fruit bulldust is the result

this is also why sabrar didn't claim because he saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to out that fake claims exist for his scummates by doing the fake claim? idk it made more sense in my head (or maybe he just knew it would be a terrible claim idk)

come on wam! it looks like this game does instaflips and i need that gratification
bessie

Post by bessie »

Daily catch-up post

moody7277 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:06 am Because you're giving me way more credit than I deserve? I think I used the word "queasy" about Sabrar at one point D1, but there was nowhere near enough that I could pick up that would lead me to pull the trigger (metaphorically) on him, unlike enough other people to elim him.
Ha ha. Not exactly what I was thinking but I like your answer.

madge wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:07 am btw i got hit by a feels bus so i am not going to be in a very mafia mood for a few days.
Did you really get hit by a bus?? Are you ok???

Märklin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:27 am The Seven-Mathblade dynamic is interesting, I'm fairly certain one of the two is scum, possibly both at this point.
Any reasons or analysis, or are you just active lurking?

SuperJedi224 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:42 am I wouldn't consider it likely
See above. You have ignored all my requests for reads, though I do appreciate that you keep posting town-scum lists. When do you get your neighbor?

Seven wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:41 am I showed you that Patzer was against the Sniper elimination in Halloween in very much the same way (on the grounds of lacking info), and was town there. Therefore, the premise that "Pat being against an elimination (on the grounds of lack of info) implies she is mates with that person" was proven false. Therefore, you no longer had any justification for the idea that Pat was Jedi's scumbuddy, yet you continued to insist that if Jedi flips mafia, Pat is mafia.
Ok. I didn’t know what you were referring to because I don’t agree with this. Do you even know why I thought patzer and SuperJedi could be buddies? Hint: that’s not it.

Seven wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:41 am I explained you being a technical player in a past game, I think, but I don't believe I've mentioned anything about doing cases. Those two things don't seem related to me. By case, I just mean to list out the reasons you think MB is scum.
I’ll try to get to this before deadline but I got busy yesterday. Just sort by author and you can probably get all of it from my posts. I think I’ve put most of my thoughts in the thread,

MathBlade wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:17 am 1) Worst is town because I know him. Similar to how there is no logical reason to townread Seven they are all emotional because Seven is trying. Based on paper Seven should be dead due to directly lying to town. However people spoke up for Seven and said they are this anti town as town. Similarly Ducky’s D2 is town ducky.
You never gave this as a reason before now, and it is more credible to me than “the worst is town because he claimed a power”.

MathBlade wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:17 am Do you want to see my scum games on other sites?
Can you link the most recent?

MathBlade wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:17 am 4) It is not mathematically better to just cross vote. If the counterwagon I am on is town then scum win no matter what wagon gets going. Your argument about miselimming town is better for town is quite frankly bullshit.
Is not. I already explained why.

Morgan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:32 pm Hey I have a fun homework assignment for the people scumreading me.

Sabrar, with an extra kill, and Morgan, with unlimited dayvigs to hand out, are on the same scumteam because ________.
Because you are compulsive, and you can’t give a dayvig to anyone of your own alignment?

Märklin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:58 pm Reads list because that apparently makes people happy:
I know you replaced and have a lot to read, but you wouldn’t happen to have any reasons or analysis to go with this list, would you?
Märklin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:14 pm Seven also seems a bit off, it's more of a gut feel but seven's actions seem somewhat forced in some ways to me
Anything in particular you find off??

Märklin wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:41 am Well, if you people decide I am to be shot, you may as well know my role first.
I'm the Town Cabbage Farmer, here's a copy of my role:
You are TOWN Cabbage Farmer.

Each Night, you may target a unique living player. If you target a player of your same alignment, they get a Cabbage. If you target a player of a different alignment, they get a Caesar Salad. You do not receive results from your action.

You win when no more threats to town exist, as long as at least one town player is alive.

Confirm reading and understanding this message by explaining this role here in this PM.
Honestly is kinda useless, the ability hasn't been used yet. I'm not gonna guess as to the reasons of the person I replaced.
I thought we were all songs. I’m not familiar with this song, can someone confirm it is a song for me?

Hell is freezing over. I agree with Madge.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

I am not commenting on the role PM elephant except to say that it’s a standard for that to be modkilled and mine is a song but it’s more commonly a TV show/comic book. It’s possible that Cabbage Farmer is a song. If the slot is not modkilled then I will comment on that.

My most recent scum game I was a replace in:
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87769
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:13 am
Seven wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:41 am I showed you that Patzer was against the Sniper elimination in Halloween in very much the same way (on the grounds of lacking info), and was town there. Therefore, the premise that "Pat being against an elimination (on the grounds of lack of info) implies she is mates with that person" was proven false. Therefore, you no longer had any justification for the idea that Pat was Jedi's scumbuddy, yet you continued to insist that if Jedi flips mafia, Pat is mafia.
Ok. I didn’t know what you were referring to because I don’t agree with this. Do you even know why I thought patzer and SuperJedi could be buddies? Hint: that’s not it.
I do not, as I don't know why she would be distinguished from Suzaku at that point other than the reason you gave: being against the jedi wagon.
bessie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:13 amI’ll try to get to this before deadline but I got busy yesterday. Just sort by author and you can probably get all of it from my posts. I think I’ve put most of my thoughts in the thread,
The reason why I would like this is so that Mathblade has something cohesive to respond to.
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:45 am I do not, as I don't know why she would be distinguished from Suzaku at that point other than the reason you gave: being against the jedi wagon.
bessie wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:47 am I asked about the opening post in particular because it was regarding opening posts that started this line of questioning. SuperJedi’s opening post appeared me as someone looking for a real wagon to jump on (as opposed to RVS). But I agree the last post you quoted was the most suspicious, and reinforces my thoughts that he’s just looking for an elimination, any elimination. I would normally be all over this, but the reason I am still pondering it and not voting is because of day chat. Either his partner(s) (1) aren’t coaching him, (2) are also inexperienced, (3) are absent, or (4) he doesn’t have any.
SuperJedi, patzer (semi-expreienced-challenged and absent), Zeniba (absent). Not Suzaku because he was around and kinda active for the first part of day 1 and would have coached SuperJedi. SuperJedi's content never improved.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:54 amNot Suzaku because he was around and kinda active for the first part of day 1 and would have coached SuperJedi. SuperJedi's content never improved.
This is not at all factual.
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

now i'm even more confused due to the song thing. if scum have fake claims you'd think they would come with a song? so is this an artisan free range organic handmade fake claim?

i can't see any way marklin is town unless they are doing a lie much worse than seven's and for NO REASON. especially because if this claim is fake then we'd expect to prove it overnight.

no point in letting marklin live.

@wam where are you?

@bessie it's alright just personal life drama, after this game i will talk to you about it if you want lol
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:02 am
bessie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:54 amNot Suzaku because he was around and kinda active for the first part of day 1 and would have coached SuperJedi. SuperJedi's content never improved.
This is not at all factual.
It doesn’t need to be. It is a read based on bessie logic that Suzaku would have tried to help out a newbie, had they been on the same scum team together.

madge wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:12 am @wam where are you?
He’s probably asleep. He’s UTC.
Märklin

Post by Märklin »

hey don't kill me please while I try to explain myself.
Thank you!
here's something to keep you entertained in the meanwhile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Märklin

Post by Märklin »

Ok, since that apparently blew up I'll reveal my true role:
I'm Death and All His Friends.
I can target a unique player every night and gain a chat with them to use during the next day phase. If they correctly guess my alignment, I can use their powers the next night.

Last night, I targeted Sabrar hoping he would respond in good faith thinking he'd get some sort of power he can use even though he's dead if he was right. I planned to take out a scumread of mine overnight then come clean, but I'm having a hard time because I had to read 25 pages and couldn't produce much content worth anything.

I crafted a role I considered useless and claimed that in an attempt to keep scum from murdering me since they almost certainly will tonight now that I've revealed myself.