Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
the worst

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 3

Post by the worst »

One more thing I'll share because I think most if not all of us realise it. If we work under two very likely assumptions:
- that there are three group scum (at a design level, highly likely; at most, there may be a traitor which we can handle lately)
- that scum doesn't have a strongman/strongwilled ability

then mathblade now has the ability to clear one player per night by loosely proving that they didn't do the night kill due to being blocked.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

the worst wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:34 pm One more thing I'll share because I think most if not all of us realise it. If we work under two very likely assumptions:
- that there are three group scum (at a design level, highly likely; at most, there may be a traitor which we can handle lately)

then mathblade now has the ability to clear one player per night by loosely proving that they didn't do the night kill due to being blocked.
That’s what I said before. WMU seems most likely but I will likely vote whoever Seven does to prevent blocking Seven again as long as it’s not in the trio and will announce my block before I die.
Wam

Post by Wam »

No cc.

On the strongman based on what I have seen I doubt mafia have an every night strong man. Maybe a x shot one or with weird usuage conditions
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Wam wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:44 pm No cc.

On the strongman based on what I have seen I doubt mafia have an every night strong man. Maybe a x shot one or with weird usuage conditions
That’s why I want others to drive and build a game. I likely die due to this. It’s better others talk. I gave my opinion but if others think differently then push it and the dynamics are done by the not confirmed.
the worst

Post by the worst »

would also prefer wmu. I need to read their EOD1 as seven suggested.

I have town as {tw > Jedi > Madge > Seven > MBlade} - would be keen for moody to check in, but I don't really townread them so much as I dig what I've seen of their role. :P

Still think Wam is p towny by play but this read is a bit more surface level and we can sort that out.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@moody can you confirm that you don't cc any part of jedi's role?
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
the worst

Post by the worst »

does anyone's role have the potential to create a private chat between living players? just yes/no pls x
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Seven wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:48 pm @moody can you confirm that you don't cc any part of jedi's role?
I don't have anything like what Jedi has.
the worst wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:57 pm does anyone's role have the potential to create a private chat between living players? just yes/no pls x
yes
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

moody7277 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:35 pm
MathBlade wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:19 pm
moody7277 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:18 pm Okay, so MB is confirmed on 2 roleblocks. I am feeling a bit more charitable towards him now. PoE seems to be cycling WMU and worst to the bottom.
Worst should not be in your PoE.
Seven wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:23 pm I'd argue that WMU shouldn't be in the PoE.
So for you, the probably last scum is in {me, Madge, wam}? That is rather cross-grained with what my sense of the game has been so far.
Wam killed Morgan and in that moment i don't know if a townie would make that shot.

If we have evidence he is town, please tell me
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

the worst wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:36 pm would also prefer wmu. I need to read their EOD1 as seven suggested.

I have town as {tw > Jedi > Madge > Seven > MBlade} - would be keen for moody to check in, but I don't really townread them so much as I dig what I've seen of their role. :P

Still think Wam is p towny by play but this read is a bit more surface level and we can sort that out.
You still didn't read Eod 1? Come on...
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

MathBlade wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:44 pm
the worst wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:34 pm One more thing I'll share because I think most if not all of us realise it. If we work under two very likely assumptions:

That’s what I said before. WMU seems most likely but I will likely vote whoever Seven does to prevent blocking Seven again as long as it’s not in the trio and will announce my block before I die.
I am villager, trying to read as much as i can from the game and figure who's mafia, don't push me just to see a green flip at Eod

I get now you think the worst is mech cleared, as well as Seven, so I think only a townie would do this.

A Poe in Wam and Moody looks the most logical now, because i think Madge is town
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 1

MathBlade wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:42 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:51 pm Vote Sabrar
This only happened AFTER the wagon picked up steam. If WakeMeUp votes Jedi it’s sus. If they don’t vote it’s sus. So best thing of a shitty place is theater. That’s not enough for me.
I voted at tied wagons. I disliked the Jedi wagon from the start because it was a frozen wagon and everyone was complacent with it.
So your reasoning is incomplete.

I talked to Wisp who locked me mafia because Seven called my name and joked about us being in scum chat and Wisp realised i am town.
In the convo i also realised he is town and i decided to sheep him
There is no rocket science
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 1

the worst wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:21 pm
SuperJedi224 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:24 pm Math's couple posts before his last one threw some flags, but if the most recent one is accurate that might clear it up a little
Seven wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:32 pm Jedi, looks like you're being eliminated. What's your role?
Town heavy horses, have a passive ability that changes every odd-numbered day (half affect voting while the other half affect day length, currently it's all players loved) and am supposed to get a non-player Neighbor days 3 through 6
Sorry one more: if anyone can cc any of this - or if anyone can do any part of it at all with their role - please claim that asap
No cc
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Would love it if people stopped focusing on defense and who is scum or list PoEs or something.
madge

Post by madge »

First of all: I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU GUYS VOTED MORGAN OFF. mechanically IT DOESN"T MAKE SENSE for scum to have two killing roles like SERIOUSLY and the "oh maybe scum can only give kills to townies" NO NO NO NO even if that's true STILL DANGEROUS as scum will target suspect townies

Secondly: BESSIE D: D: D: D: D: D:

Thirdly: nothing to claim

reads:
{madge}
{jedi}
{the worst}
{seven}
{wam}
{mathblade} (really worried that scum!RB has a way to frame a townie, it's obvious but i won't state it just in case)
{moody}
{WMU}
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

MathBlade wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:22 am Would love it if people stopped focusing on defense and who is scum or list PoEs or something.
I think we need the worst's big reveal to continue on.
Seven (she, him, their)
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

MathBlade wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:22 am Would love it if people stopped focusing on defense and who is scum or list PoEs or something.
I posted my Poe, are you reading my posts?
What do you think about Wam, Moody and Madge?
If you scroll up a little you will find my post.

Also i am not sure how Madge put me at the bottom, I want details @Madge
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Vote Wam
madge

Post by madge »

I laid it out pretty quick, I should probably lay it out here:

{madge}
{jedi}
{the worst}
{seven}
{wam}
{mathblade > moody > WMU}

As in, you are in the same level of scumminess as the other two, just at the bottom of the pile.

The reason you're at the bottom is the same reason I read marklin/suzaku as scum: I kind of forget you exist, and that's the sort of thing scum likes to do, hide in plain sight. if that makes sense?

You're not in the same category of obvscum as others. In fact I'm tempted to yeet mathblade just because IME RBers are 75%+ scum (number is from my butt) and the vote power could be really dangerous in lategame especially if it doesn't expire.

We need to be calm. We've probably only got one scum to find, we just have to use mechanics to solve it.

Our biggest fear would be if scum manages to slide through our fingers through using a very powerful power (imagine is Sabrar was the last scum left, he could just suddenly kill 2 people in one night out of left field and really mess with us! we are SCREWED if scum has a way to kill two people in one night).

Scum!Mathblade means that 1v3 is automatic scum win, and we have 8 now, so we have two eliminations if mathblade is scum. If mathblade is town, we have 3 eliminations as scum will have to go through the NL at 3v1 and then convince town at 2v1. To me that makes the risk of scum!mathblade really scary on its own. Not sure if it's enough to yeet him today.

I am hoping to gather some info from eliminated townies that will give me a better idea of my best course of action but these things take time.

(I think all my numbers above should be good but do let me know if I messed up. It's been a long time since I've played but I'm 90% sure that at 3v1 you NL?)
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Votecount

Votee (Votes/Elimination) - Voter(s)
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx (1/4) - MathBlade
Wam (1/4) - xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Not Voting (6): madge, moody7277, Seven, SuperJedi224, the worst, Wam

Day 3 Elimination Deadline will be 10 AM PST on December 9th.

Reminder that it takes 2 votes to eliminate by plurality and 4 to eliminate by majority.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Wam

Post by Wam »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:28 am Vote Wam
Why do I vote for sabrar when I did day 1 as scum?
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Wam wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:13 am
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:28 am Vote Wam
Why do I vote for sabrar when I did day 1 as scum?
Why did you kill Morgan yesterday?

Do you think Sabrar's wagon is pure? I don't think it is.
I am not sure is you, but your shot yday was awful

I said before when he couldn't convince me at Eod 1 he gave up, and that for me means he was affraid to expose someone.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Because I said I would shoot whoever was leading the votes which was morgan I was giving us a 2nd elimination .

I also explained why I thought morgan was scum.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

the worst where are youuuu
Seven (she, him, their)
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

madge wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:50 am I laid it out pretty quick, I should probably lay it out here:

{madge}
{jedi}
{the worst}
{seven}
{wam}
{mathblade > moody > WMU}

As in, you are in the same level of scumminess as the other two, just at the bottom of the pile.

The reason you're at the bottom is the same reason I read marklin/suzaku as scum: I kind of forget you exist, and that's the sort of thing scum likes to do, hide in plain sight. if that makes sense?

You're not in the same category of obvscum as others. In fact I'm tempted to yeet mathblade just because IME RBers are 75%+ scum (number is from my butt) and the vote power could be really dangerous in lategame especially if it doesn't expire.

We need to be calm. We've probably only got one scum to find, we just have to use mechanics to solve it.

Our biggest fear would be if scum manages to slide through our fingers through using a very powerful power (imagine is Sabrar was the last scum left, he could just suddenly kill 2 people in one night out of left field and really mess with us! we are SCREWED if scum has a way to kill two people in one night).

Scum!Mathblade means that 1v3 is automatic scum win, and we have 8 now, so we have two eliminations if mathblade is scum. If mathblade is town, we have 3 eliminations as scum will have to go through the NL at 3v1 and then convince town at 2v1. To me that makes the risk of scum!mathblade really scary on its own. Not sure if it's enough to yeet him today.

I am hoping to gather some info from eliminated townies that will give me a better idea of my best course of action but these things take time.

(I think all my numbers above should be good but do let me know if I messed up. It's been a long time since I've played but I'm 90% sure that at 3v1 you NL?)
I exist and i try to find the solve
Wam wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:03 pm Because I said I would shoot whoever was leading the votes which was morgan I was giving us a 2nd elimination .

I also explained why I thought morgan was scum.
Is hard to find a post on this forum, please repost your case on Morgan

Who put Morgan in leading votes?