Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Wam

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 4

Post by Wam »

Wmu did the message you get suggest a target?
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

Wam wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:06 pm Wmu did the message you get suggest a target?
Yes, i wanted to think at it and I didn't follow the advice because RL didn't give me the needed time to think and when i remembered it it was already too late to switch because i received the info that my action wasn't succesful
Wam

Post by Wam »

I sent the message. I also sent a power that meant your action failed if the person you targeted was a different alignment.

Issue is, did math target you....
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Wam wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:36 pm I sent the message. I also sent a power that meant your action failed if the person you targeted was a different alignment.

Uh.. it's more complicated now
Wam

Post by Wam »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:39 pm
Wam wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:36 pm I sent the message. I also sent a power that meant your action failed if the person you targeted was a different alignment.

?
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

I think Wam is villager
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Wam wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:49 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:39 pm

?
If i was RBed it's not incriminating my target
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I don't understand why you would send it to WMU when you knew MB was targeting her?
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Wam

Post by Wam »

Seven wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:29 pm

I don't understand why you would send it to WMU when you knew MB was targeting her?
Because who else had a confirmable power?
Wam

Post by Wam »

I went back and forth on it
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Wam wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:30 pm I went back and forth on it
Perhaps I don't understand, could you explain your ability?
Seven (she, him, their)
the worst

Post by the worst »

sorry all I was a bit deceptive on day 3 because madge/my benefit from deciding to keep the neighbourhood was a combined doc/cop shot. I also did not lose my ability. I attempted to use my ability to clear mathblade last night and was unsuccessful (but now he is dead and flipped town. womp, womp).

Madge got an inno on WMU last night by parity with Jedi and we got an inno on Wam via the cop/doc ability. I'd have preferred to use that ability on Mathblade but I had zero chance of clearing anyone else via my own ability so took that path instead.

Of the living players:
Seven - cleared by rb n2 (unless strongman)
Wam - cop clear n3 (unless godfather)
WMU - cleared by rb n3, parity cop n3 (unless wmu is a godfather strongman 😰🤯)
Jedi - cleared by oracle n2. can't think of any role that sidesteps this.
tw - cleared by parity cop n2.
madge

Way I see it we have two options. If we want to go all in on mech solve, no elim today and I'll confirm {1) scum don't have a strongman; 2) scum don't have a godfather} tonight. If we don't want to go all in on the mechsolve, we poweryeet one of {me, madge} now and I probably just owe goddess kween seven a drink postgame.
the worst

Post by the worst »

I guess 1-2 of [Seven, Wam, me] could realistically be a scum team with S tier abilities but like... meh

also clearly WMU is clearly a mafia godfather strongman ninja oracle-breaker and we should lim WMU today.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

the worst wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:32 pm I guess 1-2 of [Seven, Wam, me] could realistically be a scum team with S tier abilities but like... meh

also clearly WMU is clearly a mafia godfather strongman ninja oracle-breaker and we should lim WMU today.
You're kidding, right? Where on Earth have you seen such role?

I remember you unnecessarily explained how Moody can be scum lover maker because Osie makes games harder, but now you stepped further into inagining a role.
That's nagl
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Why do you point at you having scum equity?
That's so scummy
the worst

Post by the worst »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:52 am
the worst wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:32 pm I guess 1-2 of [Seven, Wam, me] could realistically be a scum team with S tier abilities but like... meh

You're kidding, right? Where on Earth have you seen such role?

I remember you unnecessarily explained how Moody can be scum lover maker because Osie makes games harder, but now you stepped further into inagining a role.
That's nagl
I was kidding, yeah. Like a 90% chance of madge being the last scum.

The only reason I point to the godfather equity in [me,wam] is because I can check it tonight if we want. But I don't really think its necessary.
the worst

Post by the worst »

vote: madge
Gonna leave this here, you can all make the call - sorry neighbour, good game. <3
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@tw not at all, you convinced me early on that your outline for how to proceed was the best, I only continued to argue against it out of stubbornness.

I'm fine with either, though would like to know the details of each of Wam and WMU's role before we end the day.
Seven (she, him, their)
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

Yeah that could be helpful
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

My role has a strong antitown thing in it from my understanding, and i didn't use it N1 and N2 because it switches at random the targets of the player I protect.
Thinking I would mess investigative results made me abstain.
Last night though i wanted to protect Math as my first thought because he was outside of my circle of claimed actions, but after I preffered the worst.
I received a message to protect Math but I wanted to think more before Sod, but RL was too busy for that and I didn't change.
From what Seven says I understand he wasn't blocked so Math blocked me, and my own answer that my action failed is from his RB. I couldn't protect him anyway :(
Wam

Post by Wam »

Can anyone else claim being roleblocked.

My role is basically 6 one shots and I have to use 2 at a time. Abdtianed N1, N2 I targeted madge and wont say anymore. N3 I sent the below at wmu, reworded to avoid mod issues.

Targets non-factional actions are prevented if they target a player with the same alignment. Applies to night actions only.

Target is recommended to target a player of your choice. You just send the target nothing else.

I will be obviously vague on my remaining two. Suffice to say all powers are slightly odd ones I havent seen much before but are town positive or at least neutral.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I didn't receive any RB notifications.
Seven (she, him, their)
the worst

Post by the worst »

Also didn't receive a rb notification.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Votecount

Votee (Votes/Elimination) - Voter(s)
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

madge (1/4) - the worst

Not Voting: (5) - madge, Seven, SuperJedi224, Wam, xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Day 4 Elimination Deadline will be 10 AM PST on December 15th.

Reminder that it takes 2 votes to eliminate by plurality and 4 to eliminate by majority.
AC 4.1
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx - 11
Wam - 7
SuperJedi224 - 2
Seven - 4
the worst - 5
madge - 0
madge

Post by madge »

(sorry I missed so much of the day, busy day yesterday and just on my lunch break now!)

I didn't receive any RB notifications either. I spoke with TW over neighbour chat overnight and today's results are just baffling.

FMPOV the only explanation is that there's a strongman / ninja / godfather in the mix, or that one of the redirections messed with someone's ability. But I honestly don't want to waste my breath trying to argue for this, especially because TW could be that godfather so FMPOV limming me will flip/clear(?) TW, so we're not completely on page 1 tomorrow if the game doesn't end today. '

as I said on spec chat, we got two scum early on, we have all the investigators alive (well not me and worst tomorrow, RIP), so let's just POE this 'til the end.

Also, we have Bessie's claims thanks to Wam's ability, not sure if TW shared them, but see below:

N1: target worst, MB; 2 actions targeting or targeted by one or both, guessed WMU and Morgan were involved in these actions, 0 correct
N2: target worst, WMU; 1 actions targeting or targeted by one or both, guessed Seven was involved in this action, 0 correct

and also this message from the spec chat:

"If I share my results and the message itself in the thread (I can't share the message verbatim due to modkill but I assume they just mean the content), if the conditions are right then bessie wisp moody and "Triss"(???) can chat with a living player on Day 4"

both messages are paraphrased for obvious reasons
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!