Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Morgan

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 2

Post by Morgan »

Hey I have a fun homework assignment for the people scumreading me.

Sabrar, with an extra kill, and Morgan, with unlimited dayvigs to hand out, are on the same scumteam because ________.

At this point it should be argued that I'm a neutral, but even then that doesn't really make sense.

I fully expect Math and the worst to be full steam ahead regarding my death, and if they're both villagers, I'll eat a jar of rusty nails.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

the worst wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:27 pm because scumreads are easier to get eliminated :P would much rather powers focused on the null list and dayplay sorted through the scum tier. I'm just kind of like that, though.

Interesting. I had you down as a much more likely busser than bessie. What part of you joining the wagon should I be reading as clearing?
Bussing in that moment would be really unnecessary after i questioned Jedi's wagon.
I remember i saw tied wagons before i voted, let me check if my memory serves me right

My whole activity shows my intent to solve, I think this is what locks me town.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

I like Morgan's posts and tone
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Morgan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:32 pm Hey I have a fun homework assignment for the people scumreading me.

Sabrar, with an extra kill, and Morgan, with unlimited dayvigs to hand out, are on the same scumteam because ________.

At this point it should be argued that I'm a neutral, but even then that doesn't really make sense.

I fully expect Math and the worst to be full steam ahead regarding my death, and if they're both villagers, I'll eat a jar of rusty nails.
Sorry, this is unclear. "argued that I'm a neutral [rather than mafia]," in the event that Some People insist on continuing to eliminate me.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 1

osieorb18 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:50 pm Votecount

Votee (Votes/Elimination) - Voter(s)
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

SuperJedi224 (5/8) - madge, the worst, Sabrar, MathBlade, moody7277
Sabrar (5/8) - bessie, wam, SuperJedi224, Morgan, Wisp
Wisp (1/8) - Seven
moody7277 (1/8) - Suzaku
the worst (1/8) - xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Elimination Deadline is 10 AM PST on November 23rd or in about 10 minutes

Reminder that it takes 6 votes to eliminate by plurality and 8 to eliminate by majority.

Suzaku is V/LA through Tuesday.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:51 pm Vote Sabrar
@The worst
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

I still don't know how to read the worst because these shallow accusations and the impression he can catch wolves gives me many questions marks.

Why are you voting Morgan, the worst?
Why a player who doesn't post that much is lurking from your pov?
How do you intend to catch the wolves if you don't make a vig shot in the Poe?
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Letting the worst to answer, i will be here in the morning because now is late for me
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Actually, Wam, do you really have a dayvig? I've been waiting all phase to tell you how to use it, but apparently you got it without my input.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Morgan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:53 pm Actually, Wam, do you really have a dayvig? I've been waiting all phase to tell you how to use it, but apparently you got it without my input.
What input would I need?

Why would I lie?
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Well I assumed you'd get really vague instructions from the mod that I would need/want to specify in this thread, because depending on what you did, you could've ended up with some other ability. I don't *only* hand out dayvigs, they're just the best bang for your buck, so to speak, and from the start I intended to share the instructions with my target *if* my read on them throughout the dayphase didn't change.

Which is why I'm annoyed you spent most of this dayphase gone. :V
Wam

Post by Wam »

Tbh I'm not going into details of what I got but it wasnt clear it was a day power or what the power was until.steps were taken. I had left that until N2 until you told me it was a day vig and I confirmed that.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I have no idea what's going on but I'm glad it worked out I guess. Sure hope you're not mafia!

Also the dayvig has a 10% chance of backfiring and killing you (in addition to your target, I believe). That's the lowest compared to the other abilities you might've gotten.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Heading to work in a few, I"ll be back either tonight (if there are some interesting posts) or tomorrow (for deadline).

I don't know the votecount but I'm fine with killing Suzakuslot as a compromise.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Morgan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:05 pm (in addition to your target, I believe)
Actually I'm going to ask the mod about this.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Ok never mind, if the ability backfires it just kills you and not your target.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Ok never mind again, clearly I didn't ask enough questions before the game started.

The dayvig is safe and won't kill you.

smh @ me for wasting all these posts on being a clown
Märklin

Post by Märklin »

Ok, I'm back and there are 3 votes on me, seems to be mainly activity.
I'll try to be more active but mornings are hard for me because working at a farm is interesting. At least I'm only taking care of animals and not picking cabbages or something.
I'm still thinking Seven is scum because fakeclaims kinda break all trust for me, they never go well in my experience and only lead to a town being outed, sometimes in exchange for a scum. I'd rather not lose a powerful role this early in the game, especially since my role is rather useless.

Reads list because that apparently makes people happy:

I know I'm Town

Town read:
- Bessie

Town lean:
- Morgan
- Wam
- Moody
- Madge

Neutral:
- WMU
- Mathblade

Scumlean:
- Superjedi

Scumread:
- Seven
madge

Post by madge »

@Wam, Wisp, who is conftown and dead, basically said D1 that vig shots should be used for people like jedi who are scummy so distracting for town to have around (since scum won't kill them), rather than wasting an elim on them. especially because you know yourself to be 100% town, so leaving it up to majority vote is risky as it means there's going to be scum on a wagon trying to manipulate it. by all means, look at the votes for info, but make the final decision for yourself. i won't think you scummy for it, and I doubt anyone else would either, unless you did something off the wall like shooting bessie who seems to somehow be universally townread this game

I am not sure where this Marklin wagon came from. I'd honestly forgotten they were playing, which tbh is a problem as scum can tend to slide by.

wisp never really mentioned suzaku and bessie has them in the midle, but probably because they're forgettable.

i think they'll be a fine target but i am really annoyed at jedi for being so quiet all the time, if they're scum they're active lurking and if they're town they're not helping us. i do *not* want to be choosing between scummy town!jedi and townie scum in endgame

vote: Jedi

-----------------
Madge's Notepad
-----------------

BESSIE'S READS SO FAR TODAY:
Morgan scummy
Seven not scummy

Woof
Wisp
bessie
Madge
Wam
Zeniba/Seven
Suzaku/Märklin
patzer/WakeMeUp
the worst
SuperJedi224
Morgan
moody7277
MathBlade
Sabrar
Grr

WISP'S READS FROM YESTERDAY:
Wants to kill Jedi (seems to want town to vig)
Last will was that they think wake/morgan/bessie/seven contains at most 1 scum
Previously had a scumread on moody that they kind of abandoned

CLAIM RELATED NOTES:
the worst visited wisp (claimed by Seven, recanted)
mathblade blocked the worst (claimed by mathblade, confirmed by the worst)
the worst doesn't have a targeting role (claimed by the worst)
Morgan gave wam a dayvig (claimed by morgan, waM confirmed)
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
madge

Post by madge »

ninjad by marklin

did you literally make a whole post just to talk about the seven controversy which died down like 5 pages ago? i agree with you but ...

do you think seven is scum purely for that fakeclaim? I hate that fakeclaim with everything i am but even i can admit that it's probably not a scumtell. i want to punish her for it in principle but as town who wants to win i have to let it slide
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Morgan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:32 pm Hey I have a fun homework assignment for the people scumreading me.

Unvote

Vote: Marklin

Ugh you’re right in that two vigs/kills for scum doesn’t make a lot of sense without a shit ton of PR.

Doesn’t rule out you and Wam but that’s not the most probable.

I am still extremely annoyed and think you should know better and you’re sus but ugh.

I don’t have much time to comment as I am working and my mom is flying in soon but yeah that’s a good point.
Märklin

Post by Märklin »

madge wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:04 pm ninjad by marklin

did you literally make a whole post just to talk about the seven controversy which died down like 5 pages ago? i agree with you but ...

do you think seven is scum purely for that fakeclaim? I hate that fakeclaim with everything i am but even i can admit that it's probably not a scumtell. i want to punish her for it in principle but as town who wants to win i have to let it slide
The fakeclaim is the majority of the reason I think seven is scum, at my home site fakeclaims have been semi decent scumtells.
Never seen anyone volunteer a fakeclaim before.
Seven also seems a bit off, it's more of a gut feel but seven's actions seem somewhat forced in some ways to me
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Märklin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:14 pm
madge wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:04 pm ninjad by marklin

The fakeclaim is the majority of the reason I think seven is scum, at my home site fakeclaims have been semi decent scumtells.
Never seen anyone volunteer a fakeclaim before.
Seven also seems a bit off, it's more of a gut feel but seven's actions seem somewhat forced in some ways to me
What if I said I thought you and Seven is probable if I have to assume Morgan is town?
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

@Marklin

Seven put enough examples when I got hot and bothered about the issue that says she was town while making the fake claims that it is NAI. Whether it's bad tactics is something to discuss in GoJoe.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Votecount

Votee (Votes/Elimination) - Voter(s)
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Märklin (4/6) - moody7277, Seven, xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx, MathBlade
MathBlade (1/6) - SuperJedi224
Morgan (1/6) - the worst
Seven (1/6) - Märklin
SuperJedi224 (1/6) - madge

Not Voting (3): bessie, Morgan, Wam

Day 2 Elimination Deadline will be 10 AM PST on December 2nd.

Reminder that it takes 4 votes to eliminate by plurality and 6 to eliminate by majority.
AC 2.5
SuperJedi224 - 3
moody7277 - 5
MathBlade - 13
the worst - 5
bessie - 1
Seven - 6
Wam - 3
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx - 0
Morgan - 11
madge - 1
Märklin - 1
Fifth Cutoff
Edit: corrected mistakes
Last edited by somitomi on Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
the worst

Post by the worst »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:29 pm I made a short search at the bottom of the page, i get now why Marklin is suspected.

I would like from the slot activity though, anything would be better than nothing
😂
I feel similarly.