Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
moody7277

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 2

Post by moody7277 »

bessie wrote:Moody can you rewrite this first sentence using no pronouns? Who knew what was coming?
Wisp was fairly sure he was going to be the NK.
In my wild ass guess I figure the reason that Wisp's premonition, for lack of a better word, turned out to be true was that the killers were working from the same base assumptions as Wisp was.
It was therefore reasonable (in this case) to assume that the killers aren't in {bessie, Madge, wam, Suzaku}, meaning the people who primarily played on the old xkcd forum. Unless of course you or one of the others have played with Wisp or some of these other people during the hiatus.
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

OK, I'm back. Apologies for missing most of D1.
I'll have some time for a proper read through D2 and a decent post later this evening.

If there's anything anyone wants to draw my attention to or specifically wants my reaction to, please let me know.
Pronouns: he/him/his
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it.
Some can avoid it. Geniuses remove it.
-- Perlis's Programming Proverb #58, SIGPLAN Notices, Sept. 1982
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Votecount

Votee (Votes/Elimination) - Voter(s)
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

MathBlade (2/6) - Morgan, moody7277

Not Voting (9): bessie, madge, MathBlade, Seven, SuperJedi224, Suzaku, the worst, Wam, xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Day 2 Elimination Deadline will be 10 AM PST on December 2nd.

Reminder that it takes 4 votes to eliminate by plurality and 6 to eliminate by majority.
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

Seven wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:30 am
SuperJedi224 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:48 am Quick town/scum, will likely revise as the day progresses:

moody
bessie
madge
Wake
Wam
worst
morgan
seven
math
suzaku

I'd guess there's scum in worst/seven/math (currently hoping not worst but can't rule it out)
Do you get to choose who your neighbor is?
I got to name my top three during the pregame anyway
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Almost nothing all day? Are we shy?
bessie

Post by bessie »

Morgan wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:21 am Given that scum could've saved Sabrar with just one more vote on Jedi, I'm pretty inclined to think that all of the other mafia were offline at/near deadline.
I think the only people offline were Madge and Suzaku. Perhaps the entire mafia team was already on SuperJedi. I don’t do wagon analysis but if you want to try go ahead.

moody7277 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:31 am
bessie wrote:Moody can you rewrite this first sentence using no pronouns? Who knew what was coming?
In my wild ass guess I figure the reason that Wisp's premonition, for lack of a better word, turned out to be true was that the killers were working from the same base assumptions as Wisp was.
It was therefore reasonable (in this case) to assume that the killers aren't in {bessie, Madge, wam, Suzaku}, meaning the people who primarily played on the old xkcd forum. Unless of course you or one of the others have played with Wisp or some of these other people during the hiatus.
This is total nonsense. Every townie is fairly sure they are going to be the NK every night (this should be confirmable in the Gojoe thread after the game). When I’m non-town I’m still worried I’m going to be killed every night.

I am suspicious with this remark you may be interested in deflecting suspicion from yourself.

Info: Sabrar, BoomFrog, Seven, LaserGuy, and I have all played with Wisp. Maybe Wam.

SuperJedi224 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:16 pm
Seven wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:30 am Do you get to choose who your neighbor is?
I got to name my top three during the pregame anyway
When you claimed you said you got a non-player neighbor later in the game. Will your neighbor be someone that is not in this game?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@Madge no results from me. Also no breadcrumb. I just thought of you when I was reading it because it's like historical fantasy-fi.

@bessie that's how it was for 3DSNinja if I recall correctly. He was given a set of nonplayers he could choose from at the beginning. Which means no return of Wisp :(
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Seven why shouldn’t we policy you?

Because imho to me it’s between you and Morgan.

I don’t know my post count and have work so been quiet.

I don’t see how Morgan is town considering they know me if they are indeed Vaimes.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:48 pm Seven why shouldn’t we policy you?

I don’t see how Morgan is town considering they know me if they are indeed Vaimes.
not sure why you would
Seven (she, him, their)
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Seven wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:50 pm

not sure why you would
Because you lied about having a result on the worst?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:52 pm

not sure why you would
and? (also I didn't for the record)
Seven (she, him, their)
the worst

Post by the worst »

SuperJedi224 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:48 am Quick town/scum, will likely revise as the day progresses:

moody
bessie
madge
Wake
Wam
worst
morgan
seven
math
suzaku

I'd guess there's scum in worst/seven/math (currently hoping not worst but can't rule it out)
would you be willing to switch bessie & Madge, and then math & seven?
just for the first letter aesthetics

why hard town on moody? I think moody a little scummy
the worst

Post by the worst »

madge wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:59 amCLAIM RELATED NOTES:
the worst visited wisp (claimed by Seven, recanted???)
mathblade blocked the worst (claimed by mathblade, confirmed?)
the worst doesn't have a targeting role (claimed by the worst)
can confirm no. 2 & 3
via my role I'm not like, 100% sure I was blocked (it may have failed due to another factor) but it did fail :P
the worst

Post by the worst »

why do you figure?
coincidentally the only person there I'm not townreading is Suzaku, lol, but your reasoning will help me sort you which will help heaps. :D
the worst

Post by the worst »

bessie wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:19 pm
This is total nonsense. Every townie is fairly sure they are going to be the NK every night (this should be confirmable in the Gojoe thread after the game). When I’m non-town I’m still worried I’m going to be killed every night.

I am suspicious with this remark you may be interested in deflecting suspicion from yourself.

Info: Sabrar, BoomFrog, Seven, LaserGuy, and I have all played with Wisp. Maybe Wam.
Finger guns.

Wisp is experienced enough that he could probably conduct himself in a way that he felt was less likely to be night killed. But yeah. Assuming he was going to be the NK because he did and ergo assuming everyone would feel similarly and ergo assuming that the kill was done by an outsider has me a bit confuzzled.

I am remembering a game (admittedly a couple of years ago now) where he had a confirmable role, and so played a lot less ambitiously so that he'd get closer to endgame. Scum ended up shooting him because of his role, but he wasn't a consideration for an early NK.

I've played with Wisp a few times and followed a fair few games hes been in :)
the worst

Post by the worst »

Seven wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:57 pm
MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:52 pm
not sure why you would
and? (also I didn't for the record)
ok u literally did

I'm anti "lim all liars" as a policy (its good as like, a holistic meta ploy to correct a poor play across several years; but it's also unlikely to win games because town lie too, all the time :P)

but reading the room, you trying to walking back on it like this is going to rub people the wrong way

if you have more to add about your misplay at the start of this phase, I'd encourage doing it now. if you don't, I'd encourage owning that you misplayed and moving on.

doubling down on it is goofy as
madge

Post by madge »

what the HECK do u learn from your fake claim

like srsly

you just make my job harder and i get confused and what?

meanwhile if you're scum you could have pushed a mislim if it had got traction

it sounds like it's "risk free" for scum and i don't like that

vote: seven

@bessie as my living townread do you have anything to tell me

-----------------
Madge's Notepad
-----------------

BESSIE'S READS SO FAR TODAY:
Morgan scummy
(no reads in next post but I'm keeping eye out)

WISP'S READS FROM YESTERDAY:
Wants to kill Jedi (seems to want town to vig)
Last will was that they think wake/morgan/bessie/seven contains at most 1 scum
Previously had a scumread on moody that they kind of abandoned

CLAIM RELATED NOTES:
the worst visited wisp (claimed by Seven, recanted???)
mathblade blocked the worst (claimed by mathblade, confirmed)
the worst doesn't have a targeting role (claimed by the worst)
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
the worst

Post by the worst »

Just ftr I think if mathblade hadn't counterclaimed seven would have proceeded quite differently so my vote is there in spirit as well I was just being nice to lull seven into a false sense of safety

Actually
[v]Seven[/v]

one scum in {seven, mathblade}

edit for vote (hope this is ok, mindful of how much I'm posting)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

the worst wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:57 pm ok u literally did

I'm anti "lim all liars" as a policy (its good as like, a holistic meta ploy to correct a poor play across several years; but it's also unlikely to win games because town lie too, all the time :P)

but reading the room, you trying to walking back on it like this is going to rub people the wrong way

if you have more to add about your misplay at the start of this phase, I'd encourage doing it now. if you don't, I'd encourage owning that you misplayed and moving on.

doubling down on it is goofy as
I don't think I did. I implied it.

As for why I recanted the implication after you posted, well that's all I ever intended was to your response. Had I continued on it with, town would have been confused throughout the day. Didn't want people working with wrong info for too long.
Seven (she, him, their)
the worst

Post by the worst »

Seven wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:09 pm the worst visited wisp btw
this isn't implicit fam lol its pretty explicit!
how did you ever expect this to shake out differently? what was going through your head when you made the decision to post this?
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Last post for me for the 24 hours. I think this dynamic is good. I think there’s one scum in Madge/Seven leaning Seven here.

Depending upon what happens in the next 24 will vote accordingly so Worst can sheep.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

madge wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:06 am what the HECK do u learn from your fake claim

like srsly

you just make my job harder and i get confused and what?

meanwhile if you're scum you could have pushed a mislim if it had got traction

it sounds like it's "risk free" for scum and i don't like that

@bessie as my living townread do you have anything to tell me
Interesting. In what way do you believe it is risk free? If he was eliminated, I would be eliminated or vigged soon after, no?

As for what I learned. I learned that Ducky doesn't have a targeting role so if we eliminate another mafia member that's not Ducky, then we will know that any visits from him are night kill/mafia actions (assuming 3 mafia). I also learned that he is indeed just as scummy as yesterday. His reaction to my claim wasn't genuine. This is way overdramatic:
the worst wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:05 am actually stuff it

Seven can u pls explain why I shouldn't turbo eliminate you for outing power roles for no damn reason?

What was your intention here? Even if I'd visited Wisp last night what do you think I would do lol
He's acting like being a PR is something special when this is a role madness game. Additionally the answer to the last line is obvious as WMU already pointed out (killing Wisp). Lastly, if you look at his responses to me so far, he's been approaching me from the perspective that I'm town, not scum. He knows I'm not scummy enough to eliminate so he's been pushing the policy angle. This is not the response of someone who thinks mafia is going at them:
the worst wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:43 pm
I don't have a targeting ability just fyi :c
For what it's worth, I also think your response, Madge, is overdramatic. Considering there were all but 6 hours between my soft claim and retraction, "making your job harder" is a bit much. Additionally, you're well aware of my playstyle. I lie in every game. While I don't expect you to remember any of the past xkcd games, you did just host a game with me as a player. [If you want a good example though, see Stellaris mafia where you and I directly engaged in the same manner].

Anyway, notice this whole policy thing is only being pushed by those outside the town core. It's pretty obvious that scum are reaching for an elim here. Most likely I think The Worst + Mathblade I think (as opposed to The Worst + Madge) as I don't think The Worst would have voted their if Madge was his partner. He was waiting for a town member to vote first.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

the worst wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:30 am
this isn't implicit fam lol its pretty explicit!
how did you ever expect this to shake out differently? what was going through your head when you made the decision to post this?
Nah,it's a soft. Hard claims involve a reference to the self. I already answered your other question: nothing, I just wanted to see what would happen. We flipped mafia day 1 which means the rest of this is going to be a slog as people are insistent on using all of the day time each Day rather than just hardbodying / quick eliminating everyone outside of the core. So I'm just sitting here doing whatever to pass the time until the end of the day when we eliminate one of you or MB.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Seven wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:43 am their
EBWOP: there
Seven (she, him, their)
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Is Math blocking the worst literally the only reason anyone is townreading him? Is that what we’re working with?

Math, based on my memory, your play is incredibly milquetoast and careful. You’re being self-conscious with your vote and it’s another reason I think you’re mafia.