Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
the worst

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 2

Post by the worst »

Seven wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:13 am
the worst wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:11 am the worst
Madge, bessie, maybe Wam
MathBlade
? Suzaku, moody, Seven, WMU, Morgan?
Jedi (will know jedi's alignment by tomorrow morn so not fussed about solving them)

Haven't decided on the ? core.
What are your reasons?
wbu where u at who are your scumbuddy/ies
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

Rip Wisp, I am envious you are spoiled now ^^

About Eod I have some thoughts in the back of my head.
I noticed the flipped mafia gave up to a fight at Eod.
That means probably one of
1. Sabrar was bussed and wanted to not post because questions would make him reveal infos and possibly outing a mate. He also hoped probably that someone who didn't vote will vote Jedi
2. CW aka Jedi is also scum, wagons being w/w and Jedi having a better role.
3. Sabrar was in antispew mode anyway, non of the above is correct.

Something in the atmosphere of the thread makes me doubt Jedi is scum and I remember i said a stale wagon means Jedi is not a good chop. This will give Jedi a pass from me at least for toDay.

I will Iso Sabrar (yes, i will use the bottom of the thread sort by author).

Side note, i didn't read anything overnight. Busy RL :)

I wait for MathBlade to post after his busy days are finished because i was very impressed by his town play in the anon game at MC and I have an idea about his playstyle. Where can I find a recent scum game of yours @mathblade

My top townies are Bessie and Seven.
I like today's posts by Madge and Moody

I saw the worst posting "Even if I'd visited Wisp last night what do you think I would do lol"
I think you would kill him, duh

My vote now is on the worst, but i didn't pay attention to votes so i will vote after a VC is posted.

And i go back to sleep :)
the worst

Post by the worst »

more so if I had visited wisp, I'd just claim something that made sense. lol. Seven immediately backing down makes my alarm bells scream.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

the worst wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:20 am I'm town because I'm really cute.

Madge is town because I think their posting is superbly earnest in a way thats pretty exhausting to replicate as scum.

bessie would have had to be instrumental in flipping a wagon from jedi onto a scumbuddy to be scum and like, I guess there are worlds where this could be the case, but god it would be funny. I just don't think shes it.

Wam i keep seeing posts and being like "mmyes" so giving them the benefit for the moment. This is the first hard townread I'm wrong on if I am.

Dont think Mathb is incentivised to reactively bonk you on the head for your botched fake guilty claim if he's scum. Like, at all. If he blocked me and someone claimed a guilty on it he can wait an extra 5 minutes to see how I react to the guilty before outing for towncred. He's a strong scum player and I think pigeon-holing himself into a claim here is something that's fairly counter-intuitive for someone who's capable of carrying a scum victory. I can see motivation for scum!Math roleblocking me there but, like, it also makes so much sense for a town roleblocker and I've just claimed the ability to get an alignment result tonight so if he's scum he's kind of thrown away the clout to block me again which is pretty goofy if he's scum.

He's lower because I'm terrified of him though (ilu mathb)

All of Jedi's posts just feel like he's crying while typing them lol he has a super guilty conscience. He's also not really been doing much, but pot/kettle. I'm disinterested in this read because I'll have more to say tomorrow.
You’re also mechanically required to sheep my vote or you’re blocked again btw. It’s why I picked you. If you were scum I could force you to sheep me or be blocked again.

Don’t worry I’d scumread you harder if you weren’t paranoid. Let’s find a scumread we agree on then I vote then you vote so you can do whatever.
the worst

Post by the worst »

yeah wasn't gonna out that bit
the worst

Post by the worst »

@math I'm interested in pressing into this group: Suzaku, moody, Seven, WMU, Morgan. Do you think I should be doing better than this?

moody & seven are more like, very null (I have reads on them: those reads are that I don't know what their alignment is). the others I just don't have a feeling for yet.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:38 amYou’re also mechanically required to sheep my vote or you’re blocked again btw.
Oo that's cool, nice role osie.

I'm not sure why you're so insistent that this role is pro-town though. Especially considering we already have a flipped blocker.

@the worst, I posted my list on the last page. :!:

I think I have like 5 more posts for the next 24 hours.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
bessie

Post by bessie »

Morgan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:59 pm
bessie wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:32 pm
Morgan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:28 pm I could see scum using a strongman to kill Wisp, given the high odds that he would be protected (lol).
Your thoughts on this are interesting. You assume that mafia may have used a strongman because Wisp might be protected, not because mafia might be blocked.
The point was that Wisp was more or less an obvious kill, not whether the mafia were dodging a block or a protection.
How was Wisp an obvious kill?

moody7277 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:05 pm Considering he knew it was coming, my first wild guess would have been that the killer was one of the non-xkcders. 7en's claim is also something to consider since I have her as solidly town. Rest of my D1 reads will be posted presently as I felt the last bunch were hopelessly stale.
Moody can you rewrite this first sentence using no pronouns? Who knew what was coming?

moody7277 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:08 pm
bessie wrote:We don’t all have the magic gift to be able to solve the game on page 1.
Only player I knew who had that was Amy aka Sungura.
No, there is another.

MathBlade wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:18 pm Like worst moody Morgan lmao kinda obvious.
It’s not obvious to me. What is your setup spec?

Seven wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:02 pm Consider my vote on Mathblade in spirit.
Why not the worst if you claim to have seen him visit Wisp last night?
Pre-post edit it appears Seven rescinded his claim here.

I haven't reread Day 1 either I will try to look at it tonight.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 1

Post by Seven »

MathBlade wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:22 pm
Seven wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:18 pm
MathBlade wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:14 pm -
Could you answer my questions now.
Which questions sorry. No ISO feature tried my best with a simple search.
These are the questions @MATHBLADE

Seven wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:06 pm
MathBlade wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:50 am
Wisp wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:25 pm 3. madge
5. Wam

6. bessie
9. the worst
Sabrar

so i know for a fact i played with the bottom 3, I think I played with the top two?
if Im missing anyone, sorry

also whats with all the smash players on this site?
You have me at a disadvantage. I have played waaaay too much mafia and do not remember you.
Why did you say this if wisp didn't mention you?
Seven wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:16 pm
MathBlade wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:44 am Hmmm I don’t like the Bessie wagon given it seems to rely on Suzaku scum and Suzaku isn’t flipped so we don’t know if the premise is true.
How did it rely on the premise that Suzaku is scum?
Seven wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:08 pm
MathBlade wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:50 am I agree with pretty much what you’ve said here. My reputation on most sites is good town great scum but on Mafiascum (my homesite) is garbage fire town and god tier scum.
Later on in your thought experiment, you say people are town reading you so it's odd they weren't sheeping your suzaku vote.

A) If you're garbage town why would you think people would sheep you?
B) Can you list all the people who were town reading you at the time of your thought experiment?

I've asked you some other questions that you haven't responded to. Please answer all the questions I asked you over the Night and post them toMorrow even if I'm not alive.
Seven (she, him, their)
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Responses underlined on mobile.
Seven wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:22 am
MathBlade wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:22 pm
Seven wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:18 pm
Could you answer my questions now.
Which questions sorry. No ISO feature tried my best with a simple search.
These are the questions @MATHBLADE

Seven wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:06 pm
MathBlade wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:50 am

You have me at a disadvantage. I have played waaaay too much mafia and do not remember you.
Why did you say this if wisp didn't mention you?
Wisp did. I am the bottom three of the player list.
Seven wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:16 pm
MathBlade wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:44 am Hmmm I don’t like the Bessie wagon given it seems to rely on Suzaku scum and Suzaku isn’t flipped so we don’t know if the premise is true.
How did it rely on the premise that Suzaku is scum?
There was a previous post suggesting that if Suzaku is scum Bessie is then votes Bessie. I didn’t like that because of the assumption and not verifying if it is true.
Seven wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:08 pm
MathBlade wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:50 am I agree with pretty much what you’ve said here. My reputation on most sites is good town great scum but on Mafiascum (my homesite) is garbage fire town and god tier scum.
Later on in your thought experiment, you say people are town reading you so it's odd they weren't sheeping your suzaku vote.

A) If you're garbage town why would you think people would sheep you?
B) Can you list all the people who were town reading you at the time of your thought experiment?

I've asked you some other questions that you haven't responded to. Please answer all the questions I asked you over the Night and post them toMorrow even if I'm not alive.
Because that’s how most games work. There’s a town player or two that’s loud and most players are sheep. It doesn’t matter so much the skill of the loud players. And no I can’t I just remember it was a good chunk of the game. And considering one of the few people who pushed me flipped scum, it’s pretty obvious I am town
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Seven wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:14 am
MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:38 amYou’re also mechanically required to sheep my vote or you’re blocked again btw.
Oo that's cool, nice role osie.

I'm not sure why you're so insistent that this role is pro-town though. Especially considering we already have a flipped blocker.

@the worst, I posted my list on the last page. :!:

I think I have like 5 more posts for the next 24 hours.
We have a killing action stopper/rolestopper. Rolestopper/roleblocker two different things.

Bessie I don’t have a setup spec yet. I just figure the way Morgan entered out of the gate and Seven’s gambit I am okay pushing there.

Ducky’s PoE seems pretty good and his recent posting seems better. And I specifically outed the sheeping so scum have to kill me.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:38 am
the worst wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:20 am I'm town because I'm really cute.

Madge is town because I think their posting is superbly earnest in a way thats pretty exhausting to replicate as scum.

bessie would have had to be instrumental in flipping a wagon from jedi onto a scumbuddy to be scum and like, I guess there are worlds where this could be the case, but god it would be funny. I just don't think shes it.

Wam i keep seeing posts and being like "mmyes" so giving them the benefit for the moment. This is the first hard townread I'm wrong on if I am.

Dont think Mathb is incentivised to reactively bonk you on the head for your botched fake guilty claim if he's scum. Like, at all. If he blocked me and someone claimed a guilty on it he can wait an extra 5 minutes to see how I react to the guilty before outing for towncred. He's a strong scum player and I think pigeon-holing himself into a claim here is something that's fairly counter-intuitive for someone who's capable of carrying a scum victory. I can see motivation for scum!Math roleblocking me there but, like, it also makes so much sense for a town roleblocker and I've just claimed the ability to get an alignment result tonight so if he's scum he's kind of thrown away the clout to block me again which is pretty goofy if he's scum.

He's lower because I'm terrified of him though (ilu mathb)

All of Jedi's posts just feel like he's crying while typing them lol he has a super guilty conscience. He's also not really been doing much, but pot/kettle. I'm disinterested in this read because I'll have more to say tomorrow.
You’re also mechanically required to sheep my vote or you’re blocked again btw. It’s why I picked you. If you were scum I could force you to sheep me or be blocked again.

Don’t worry I’d scumread you harder if you weren’t paranoid. Let’s find a scumread we agree on then I vote then you vote so you can do whatever.
LMAO. I read this as a threat and not an actual mechanical part of the role. That's hilarious.

@bessie
Because he's pretty clearly towny when he's town, at least to me. So, metaread.

Someone, somewhere, wasn't sure on Wam? I have them as town for essentially stopping the Jedi wagon.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Don't think I want to unvote MathBlade yet. He can do better than "the entire scumteam is voting me because reasons."
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:50 am And considering one of the few people who pushed me flipped scum, it’s pretty obvious I am town
First off, pretending distancing doesn't exist, red flag.

Second, here are all of Sabrar's posts concerning MathBlade:
Sabrar wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:21 pm MathBlade: I like his push on Suzaku even if I think the premise was false. I don't like this post:
1. I didn't get the impression that the wagon on bessie relied on scum!Suzaku
2. But if it really did then he should be comfortable with the wagon given that he is voting Suzaku already so from his pov the premise is likely to be true.
This overall feels like backtracking to me. If MathBlade ever flips scum we should take a closer look at bessie because this could be an early defense of a scummate.
I don't like the 'thought experiment'. If you felt the need to correct yourself about noone voting Suzaku, why did you leave in the hyperbole of everyone townreading you?
These items ping me to a degree where I have a scum-lean on MathBlade.
Sabrar wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:17 am @Wisp, MathBlade: what are your takes on the worst?
Sabrar wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:21 am
bessie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:57 am Interesting. SuperJedi is unhelpful, but in your opinion, is it in a malicious way, and does that make SuperJedi scum? Why not vote MathBlade, who is the only other player on whom you actually have firm scum lean?
I can't determine maliciousness and it doesn't make them scum necessarily. But they have a wagon, MathBlade does not and it's better for my power to vote them here.
Sabrar wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:54 am
bessie wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:36 am If Jedi flips town, it's Sabrar and MathBlade.
My disappointment is immeasurable.
Sabrar wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:10 pm Anesthesia wore off in the middle of my treatment, what fun...

My vote stays for now but I'm open to yeet Seven. Or Mathblade for that matter.
Sabrar wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:46 pm I can go MathBlade, maybe Wisp as well. Not sure we will have 6
Do you see a push on MathBlade? I don't see a push on MathBlade. In fact, when Sabrar had the opportunity to vote MathBlade, handed to him by bessie on a silver platter, he rejected it. Then made empty promises about being willing to vote MathBlade to save himself.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Given that scum could've saved Sabrar with just one more vote on Jedi, I'm pretty inclined to think that all of the other mafia were offline at/near deadline.

Jedi could be scum, but he had a wagon for most of Day 1 and Sabrar was one of the people sitting on him, so I kind of doubt it.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

MathBlade wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:58 am
Wisp wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:52 pm There is 0 need to try to think of teams at this point, but I do agree with the thoughts on Suzaku, but I want them to clarify their playstyle first. I have other problems with that post, other than it just being a useless recap, that does very little for the game state.

I very rarely see town bother trying to talk about everyone has early as 24 hours, but I don't know how a week day length could change that, nor how Suzaku typically plays. It still pings me none the less.

Why exactly do you think we are wolf/wolf?
It’s a common wolf thing to do. Put a bunch of content about a buddy but not enough to accentuate a push. Town players tend to either town hunt or scum hunt and their votes tend to follow that same vibe. Here Suzaku spends most of his effort on you yet doesn’t come up with a read or follow up to you. So it seems performative in a way that is typically svs
This is literally what Sabrar did, if you can even call a one-time softer-than-melted-ice-cream scumread content.

Sorry for the spam I'm done now/for the time being. I don't have time to reread everyone but I had to check if Sabrar actually pushed MathBlade and fell down a small rabbit hole.
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

Quick town/scum, will likely revise as the day progresses:

moody
bessie
madge
Wake
Wam
worst
morgan
seven
math
suzaku

I'd guess there's scum in worst/seven/math (currently hoping not worst but can't rule it out)
madge

Post by madge »

Seven wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:00 am @Madge I'm curious what you'd think about the novel Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Also what the heck is your claim true or? i feel like i should policy lim liars so you're on thin ice my friend.

@wake I find it hard to beieve that jedi has a better role than sabrar when Jedi is claiming credit for the beloved thing, and sabrar had a kill. wht's more valuable to scum than a kill?

how are roleblocker and rolestopper differeNt? (via mafiawiki, roleblocker = target can't act; rolestopper = people can't act on your target)

@mathblade what do you mean by "we have a killing action stopper"? is that what you do? because you claimed to RB?

-----------------
Madge's Notepad
-----------------

BESSIE'S READS SO FAR TODAY:
Morgan scummy
(no reads in next post but I'm keeping eye out)

WISP'S READS FROM YESTERDAY:
Wants to kill Jedi (seems to want town to vig)
Last will was that they think wake/morgan/bessie/seven contains at most 1 scum
Previously had a scumread on moody that they kind of abandoned

CLAIM RELATED NOTES:
the worst visited wisp (claimed by Seven, recanted???)
mathblade blocked the worst (claimed by mathblade, confirmed?)
the worst doesn't have a targeting role (claimed by the worst)
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

osieorb18 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:47 pm Day 2 Start

Wisp has died during the Night. He was TOWN Home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHEOF_rcND8
Wisp
Welcome to the game!

You are TOWN Home.

Each Night, you may target another player to make that player unable to target or be targeted by killing actions during that Night. If you prevent a kill this way, players cannot vote for you during the following Day phase.

You win when no threats to town remain, as long as at least one townsperson is alive.

Confirm reading and understanding this message by explaining this role here in this PM.
Day 2 Starts Now.

Footsteps sound... the cold subsides. The dew is visible on the leaves. All is happy. The Day phase will last an extra 24 hours...

Day 2 Elimination Deadline will be 10 AM PST on December 2nd.

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to eliminate by majority, and 4 votes to eliminate by plurality.

As a reminder, players may not read spoilers until they have been added to a spectator chat.
Wisp’s action is a rolestopper for kills + unvoteable.

I am a roleblocker+Make someone sheep me.

Two different things.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Morgan wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:07 am Don't think I want to unvote MathBlade yet. He can do better than "the entire scumteam is voting me because reasons."
I don’t care what you want I care about what’s proper.

Worst confirms I blocked him and I claimed the block beforehand. Your continued insistence on pushing me for nothing is scummy AF.

And I could have sworn Sabrar pushed me I think I got them mixed up with another player.

And I am fine with the scumteam is voting me. I am a big PR threat so scum want me gone. You’re scum or handing this to them on a silver platter.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I’m not pushing you for nothing. Is anything I said above unfair? Taken out of context? Manipulative?

You don’t get a free pass for having a role.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I’m not trying to bury you. I’ve laid out my issues with your slot, and if I can’t have a productive or reasonable discussion about it with you, then I’ll have it with someone else.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@Madge I honestly don't know how to make that sentence clearer. There is a novel I read called Iron Widow. I am curious about what you'd think about it. Someone help me.

@Math I refuse to believe you're as poor at interpreting posts as you have been. Wisp wasn't referring to one of the 'bottom 3' in the full player list, he was referring to the bottom 3 people he listed.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

SuperJedi224 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:48 am Quick town/scum, will likely revise as the day progresses:

moody
bessie
madge
Wake
Wam
worst
morgan
seven
math
suzaku

I'd guess there's scum in worst/seven/math (currently hoping not worst but can't rule it out)
Do you get to choose who your neighbor is?
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

Seven, are you telling the truth about your result on the worst ? You are not being clear.

I did google the book. What makes you think I specifically would like it? If it's a breadcrumb or similar then I didn't get it
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!