Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Morgan

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 2

Post by Morgan »

I might claim later, we'll see how things play out.

@Wam see below
Wam wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:58 pm@morgan why?
Morgan wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:22 pm Honestly MathBlade has been pretty underwhelming. It’s been years since we played together, could be a play style change, but eh.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:05 pm I have nothing I feel like claiming.

Seven wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:26 pm
bessie wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:05 am @Seven
@Wisp

What do you think of a MathBlade/Sabrar team?
idk I think you're probably just scum
May I have YOUR REASONS PLEASE??????

bessie rolling in the grass.PNG
Because you kept insisting on the me-jedi-wake thing despite contrary evidence.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

the worst visited wisp btw
Seven (she, him, their)
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Naughty, naughty.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 1

Post by Seven »

Wam wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:59 pm
Morgan wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:42 pmA what?
It's a mod confirmed claim for a power I cant see being anti town. Unless someone else has it I dont see how jedi is anti town despite the evidence.
Why not, I reckon it will eventually give negative effects too, no?
Seven (she, him, their)
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

Ok, something to note: Apparently, seasons change every second elimination, not necessarily every second day.

A lot happened in the final hours of day 1, we got a couple interesting flips, we were right on sabrar apparently

Will try to do some revised leads later today
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Wow that heavy horses song is good. It's the only one I haven't heard so far.
Seven (she, him, their)
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Because anyone who knows me knows I am a hyperposter. I have not done so because of the holidays. Btw ducks weren’t quacking last night if you get my drift. Little time to post.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Seven wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:09 pm the worst visited wisp btw
Not possible unless strongman I blocked the worst.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

MathBlade wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:14 pm -
Could you answer my questions now.
Seven (she, him, their)
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Morgan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:07 pm I might claim later, we'll see how things play out.

@Wam see below
Morgan wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:22 pm Honestly MathBlade has been pretty underwhelming. It’s been years since we played together, could be a play style change, but eh.
Claim all you want. Quite frankly good luck pushing me.

If/when I die it confirms a scum in Seven/The worst.

And I FoS’d the worst early saying their vote was bad earlier.

So go for it. Let’s see who hops on. I gotta go but ducky needs to claim.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Seven wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:18 pm
MathBlade wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:14 pm -
Could you answer my questions now.
Which questions sorry. No ISO feature tried my best with a simple search.
bessie

Post by bessie »

@MathBlade please DO NOT use the search feature; it will show you unspoilered posts. Use the sort by author feature:

search.PNG
search.PNG (17.7 KiB) Viewed 1403 times

I'm going out for a few hours back later.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I could see scum using a strongman to kill Wisp, given the high odds that he would be protected (lol).
bessie

Post by bessie »

Morgan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:28 pm I could see scum using a strongman to kill Wisp, given the high odds that he would be protected (lol).
Your thoughts on this are interesting. You assume that mafia may have used a strongman because Wisp might be protected, not because mafia might be blocked.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Morgan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:28 pm I could see scum using a strongman to kill Wisp, given the high odds that he would be protected (lol).
Then you’re still voting me because?
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Oh I’m just speculating, I haven’t looked into or decided on a cohesive narrative.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

bessie wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:32 pm
Your thoughts on this are interesting. You assume that mafia may have used a strongman because Wisp might be protected, not because mafia might be blocked.
The point was that Wisp was more or less an obvious kill, not whether the mafia were dodging a block or a protection.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Considering he knew it was coming, my first wild guess would have been that the killer was one of the non-xkcders. 7en's claim is also something to consider since I have her as solidly town. Rest of my D1 reads will be posted presently as I felt the last bunch were hopelessly stale.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

bessie: antagonistic against Sabrar from the start, also didn't like Suzaku, not happy with SJ but trying to get him more active, first one on Sabrar wagon after woof-grr list that also has MB at the bottom (+5)
bessie wrote:We don’t all have the magic gift to be able to solve the game on page 1.
Only player I knew who had that was Amy aka Sungura.

Madge: early vote on Sabrar NAI, switches vote to SJ (where she was EoD) because she likes the wagon comp, typical frustration probably NAI, has a couple of people she'd follow voting (bessie, 7en, Wisp) but they're all over (+2)

MathBlade: RV worst, changes to Suzaku, hedges against bessie wagon (CV: cause he knows she's town), confused by lack of interest in Suzaku, answers question from Sabrar, switches vote to SJ.

Him completely ignoring Sabrar, especially during the flurry at EoD, I find odd. (-2)

Morgan: RV Wisp, likes Madge, doesn't like bessie (culture clash), votes bessie, also doesn't like SJ, shows off SJ's active lurking, switches vote to SJ, has Sabrar at "dig into D2", unvotes SJ due to claim, moves vote to Suzaku, demotes Sabrar to "not town enough" then votes him, also likes MB for elim.

CV wants to call Morgan's vote for Sabrar a bus considering how little he mentioned Sab through the whole of D1, but the small margin between plurality and majority makes scum putting a show vote on other scum problematic. (+0.5)

patzer/WMU: nothing patzer did looked particularly scummy, called Sabrar "slightly under the radar", WMU starts with a strong focus on Wisp, expands focus later on. votes the worst, asks about Sabrar then votes him (+1.5)

Seven: first post Wisp, also calls Sabrar worst Morgan scum, case against Wisp Sabrar, wants opinions of Wisp from scummier reads, doesn't like bessie starting late day. Solidly town (+4)

SuperJedi: A lot of fluff early which was where I was getting my scummy read on him, has a group of Suzaku bessie wisp Sabrar with one scum, votes Suzaku, T->S list with Wisp Suzaku Sabrar bottom, MB me top, switches to Sabrar as a defensive vote EoD

While his content has never been impressive, he has a claim that apparently affected the votes needed for majority, and conf scum and one of my scummier reads were on his wagon. (+1.5)

Suzaku: RV and so-so reads list. doesn't like Wisp. Been on vacation for a while. (0)

the worst: "vibes" say Sabrar wam Morgan town, votes SJ, votes bessie, okay with Wisp, asks 7en about SJ, voting SJ at EoD

Nothing spectacular, early opinion of Sabrar may be NAI, doesn't say anything about him later. Was absent for the flurry at EoD. (-0.5)

wam: RV Sabrar, joins bessie wagon as a reaction trap, switches to SJ, Morgan neutral, Sabrar looking suspicious, not a fan of 7en's case on Wisp, unvotes SJ based on claim, goes along with bessie in voting Sabrar.

wam is in that weird place where I could put him at -1 and still say lean town, but when his opinion of Sabrar happened means I score him at (+1)

Town
bessie
Seven
Madge
WMU
SuperJedi
wam
Morgan
Suzaku
the worst
MathBlade
Scum
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

moody7277 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:08 pm bessie: antagonistic against Sabrar from the start, also didn't like Suzaku, not happy with SJ but trying to get him more active, first one on Sabrar wagon after woof-grr list that also has MB at the bottom (+5)
bessie wrote:We don’t all have the magic gift to be able to solve the game on page 1.
Only player I knew who had that was Amy aka Sungura.

Madge: early vote on Sabrar NAI, switches vote to SJ (where she was EoD) because she likes the wagon comp, typical frustration probably NAI, has a couple of people she'd follow voting (bessie, 7en, Wisp) but they're all over (+2)

MathBlade: RV worst, changes to Suzaku, hedges against bessie wagon (CV: cause he knows she's town), confused by lack of interest in Suzaku, answers question from Sabrar, switches vote to SJ.

Him completely ignoring Sabrar, especially during the flurry at EoD, I find odd. (-2)

Morgan: RV Wisp, likes Madge, doesn't like bessie (culture clash), votes bessie, also doesn't like SJ, shows off SJ's active lurking, switches vote to SJ, has Sabrar at "dig into D2", unvotes SJ due to claim, moves vote to Suzaku, demotes Sabrar to "not town enough" then votes him, also likes MB for elim.

CV wants to call Morgan's vote for Sabrar a bus considering how little he mentioned Sab through the whole of D1, but the small margin between plurality and majority makes scum putting a show vote on other scum problematic. (+0.5)

patzer/WMU: nothing patzer did looked particularly scummy, called Sabrar "slightly under the radar", WMU starts with a strong focus on Wisp, expands focus later on. votes the worst, asks about Sabrar then votes him (+1.5)

Seven: first post Wisp, also calls Sabrar worst Morgan scum, case against Wisp Sabrar, wants opinions of Wisp from scummier reads, doesn't like bessie starting late day. Solidly town (+4)

SuperJedi: A lot of fluff early which was where I was getting my scummy read on him, has a group of Suzaku bessie wisp Sabrar with one scum, votes Suzaku, T->S list with Wisp Suzaku Sabrar bottom, MB me top, switches to Sabrar as a defensive vote EoD

While his content has never been impressive, he has a claim that apparently affected the votes needed for majority, and conf scum and one of my scummier reads were on his wagon. (+1.5)

Suzaku: RV and so-so reads list. doesn't like Wisp. Been on vacation for a while. (0)

the worst: "vibes" say Sabrar wam Morgan town, votes SJ, votes bessie, okay with Wisp, asks 7en about SJ, voting SJ at EoD

Nothing spectacular, early opinion of Sabrar may be NAI, doesn't say anything about him later. Was absent for the flurry at EoD. (-0.5)

wam: RV Sabrar, joins bessie wagon as a reaction trap, switches to SJ, Morgan neutral, Sabrar looking suspicious, not a fan of 7en's case on Wisp, unvotes SJ based on claim, goes along with bessie in voting Sabrar.

wam is in that weird place where I could put him at -1 and still say lean town, but when his opinion of Sabrar happened means I score him at (+1)

Town
bessie
Seven
Madge
WMU
SuperJedi
wam
Morgan
Suzaku
the worst
MathBlade
Scum
Lmao pretends to have caught up while not noticing the last pages of posts. Moody can die lol.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Like worst moody Morgan lmao kinda obvious.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Lmao pretends he didn't read the immediately preceding post where I mention a couple of things that have happened since SoD.
MathBlade can die now

Vote: MathBlade
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Is Cynical View like your alter ego or something?
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I wish I were higher, like the top of the top, towniest town to ever town, but moody’s reads list is good.