Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

What you're all really here for.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 3

Post by Seven »

Oh yeah and again MB and Moody we're the first on the Marklin train! Like why y'all going for the more complicated solution that moody bussed and extraordinaryly convoluted solution that WMU bussed TWICE while giving the credit to someone else. Scum!WMU would just say she's sheeping, she'd want to look like she made the conclusion herself for the CREDIT.

Ok bye.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Ebwop: wouldn't just say
Seven (she, him, their)
the worst

Post by the worst »

I don't think bussing then being like "o shit look at my tmi reads" is ever effective. Scum have better reads than random. Its a classic way to tell that someone is lying.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

--I am really surprised Madge is getting so much aggro. She's felt at least moderately town to me all game, and I have no intention of ever voting her.

--the worst voting me for low content reasons is not that shocking. That may be one source of my meta as a slightly scummy looking player. If town didn't have a miselim to give, I'd be more upset about it, but if it were to happen, I hope my wagon is fruitful.

--Is it my imagination, or has Seven started about three different wagons on D3 so far? I know she has said about the whole vote triggering power thing, but Cynical View is wondering if she's testing out which mis-elims she can get people to go along with.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

That settles that then, Moody is the elim, as without his vote we can't eliminate Madge.

@Madge who are you targeting tonight so I can track you? Also MB needs to vote with me so my ability will go through.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Oh now I see the issue with Moody's claim. Is it that he put you at L-1 knowing you were lovers? If he town reads Madge so hard why would he vote you off so freely.
Seven (she, him, their)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:43 am Oh now I see the issue with Moody's claim. Is it that he put you at L-1 knowing you were lovers? If he town reads Madge so hard why would he vote you off so freely.
I'm not voting the worst either. I trust Madge, and Madge says he's town so by transitive I have to figure he's town too. What I think she was upset about is that by saying they're lovers. scum can get a two town for one bullet shot.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

And by that I mean I'm not voting him now.
the worst

Post by the worst »

would strongly prefer a WMU lim but compromise is what it is
madge

Post by madge »

yes moody had NO REASON to out us as lovers, his claim was COMPLETELY BELIEVABLE without that. i don't know what you know about the prisoner's dilemma of it all but you could have EASILY included only that detail

oh also, @whoever gave me that gift last night, fwiw if i die and you ever wonder, it has not been useful so far and i'm not sure why as i did my best to get good information from it
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

the worst wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:03 am would strongly prefer a WMU lim but compromise is what it is
I mean, you guys have the numbers. It's not like you need me.

Also, the woods are nothing when you have Occam's razor to clear the path.
Seven (she, him, their)
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

Unvote
madge

Post by madge »

my POE, fwiw:
- WMU because I trust the worst
- MB because OMGUS/rber is a scummy power
- moody because he outed us in his claim for no reason/scummy power

I honestly don't have an unmuddied read in all of that so I'm happy to go wherever the wind blows. if i had to rank my instinct is MB > moody > WMU but I'm pretty sure my MB read is clouded by OMGUS (especially since i want to vote him off less now he's defended me, lol), so it's probably more like moody > MB > WMU if I try to be objective.

I just think WMU's claim though vague is a more townie power while MB and moody both have scummy powers (making lovers and knowing you make lovers is good for scum: outing us means that if scum kills us he's not especially suspicious because everyone knows we're lovers, outing us does NOT help town until one of us has a wagon).

unvote

vote: moody
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

the worst wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:03 am would strongly prefer a WMU lim but compromise is what it is
Now i am seriously convinced you are villager

I am the only one who can protect you (idk which one) and you want me dead.

I don't understand your train of thoughts.

You don't trust me? Why would I bus my mates to play alone? I am a team player, I don't play alone scum. I can't play SK because I get bored. I don't know what you want from me, practicallly here is either a busser who bussed in the right time and makes you think they are town, either Madge has a wonderful convicing fake claim or Math played very well a scum RBer.

The easiest thing is to say like a broken record I am scum, and remain complacent in this idea ... Maybe you want to find who's scum instead.

Did you forget the game when we played first? Wisp wanted me dead tunneling me and town didn't notice you subbed in in scum slot. When town is tunneling town looses.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

L-1

@the worst will you coordinate whatever needs to be done with the votes to best optimize my action?
Seven (she, him, their)
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Night 2

osieorb18 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:06 pm Day 3 Start

bessie has died. They were TOWN Anitra's Dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcEnSITNaGM
bessie
Welcome to the game!

You are TOWN Anitra's Dance.

Each Night, you may target two other players. You learn how many other actions are targeting or targeted by one or both of them. You may guess which players (out of all players) are involved with those actions (as an overall list, not per action). Each action with at least one correct guess of involvement can be redirected if you choose. If you do, it will target the opposite one of the players you targeted. If it targets multiple players, it will replace in order from person who took the action and yourself after it has replaced up to one of your targets if able.

You win when no threats to town remain, as long as at least one townsperson is alive.

Confirm reading and understanding this message by explaining this role here in this PM.
Day 3 Starts now and will last until December 9th at 10 AM PST.

A hot wind blows... All players require one fewer vote to eliminate during this Day.

With 8 players, it takes 4 to eliminate by majority and 2 to eliminate by plurality.
Searching for the Eod moment i read this again. What happened? Until now we had plus one vote for majority, now we have minus one vote.
madge

Post by madge »

... did you miss? this is jedi's ability
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

madge wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:02 am ... did you miss? this is jedi's ability
I know the plus 1 is Jedi's ability, but why is now -1?
madge

Post by madge »

because it changes between the two every two elims (IIRC)
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

madge wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:06 am because it changes between the two every two elims (IIRC)
I see, thanks! Then i don't have to worry about it
Wam

Post by Wam »

[quote=madge post_id=13518 time=1639027463

oh also, @whoever gave me that gift last night, fwiw if i die and you ever wonder, it has not been useful so far and i'm not sure why as i did my best to get good information from it
[/quote]

As were massclaiming ish I gave you the gift. Claiming more of my role is counterproductive right now.

More later.
madge

Post by madge »

i was almost going to @ you because process of elimination said it had to be you who did it.

Also, the dog has barked, so to speak, but The Worst has said we should hold off on saying more until tomorrow.

(It's obviously nothing game-winning or I'd be out with it immediately.)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

moody7277 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:18 am --I am really surprised Madge is getting so much aggro. She's felt at least moderately town to me all game, and I have no intention of ever voting her.
I have to wonder if you actually read my posts? I will try to make the case more clear here. My presentation before was a bit of a mess because I expected everyone else to just see it once I pointed it out.

Timeline
July 1984: Wam announces that he will shoot who the town votes for.
Aug 1984: MathBlade votes for Marklin [critical vote, town]
Sep 1984: Moody votes for Marklin [critical vote, town]
Dec 1984: Seven votes Marklin [critical vote, town]
Jan 1985: WMU votes Marklin [critical vote, town]

Feb 1985: Madge tells Wam he shouldn't listen to consensus and should shoot Jedi. Madge questions where the Marklin wagon is coming from.

Madge was in panic mode because she finally got a partner back and they had regained Sabrar's ability. Then all a sudden town is about to off him. She was trying to save him. Look at the reasoning she used to try to get Wam not to listen to town. It is not reasonable. If you do not see this, please explicitly tell me why.
Seven (she, him, their)
Wam

Post by Wam »

@seven I agree it looks bad for madge I'm struggling to pair that against my towm read though. Might be stubbornness....

I think my view is the order below. Top to bottom in preferred elim order.

Wmu
Moody
Madge
Math
Wam

Post by Wam »

vote wake me up