Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 3

Post by Seven »

When someone intends to hammer, let me know so I can vote before so.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Wam

Post by Wam »

Seven wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:33 pm
Wam wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:44 pm So it's not mathblade. There is no way scum mathblade doesn't know that the nk is a factional ability (check sabrar role pm) and therefore both rb and nk are possible.

There is a 0.1% chance mathblade is super scum who somehow managed to fake this but in my view it's a strong town slip and we should take math out the pool.
You're kidding. That was the most elementary fake town slip. This is weird from you bro.
That's not fake in my opinion
Wam

Post by Wam »

@seven you get tunnelled I know this please take a step back and think would math fake a town slip like that?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Seven wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:46 pm Also @Wam your reasoning doesn't line up because math blade said he read the OP as being able to do only a factional action OR personal action, so he knew the night kill was a factional action.
Could you address this part, Wam
Seven (she, him, their)
Wam

Post by Wam »

That's not what math said. He had it that the scum team could do 1 personal and 1 factional across the team.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Wam wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:42 pm That's not what math said. He had it that the scum team could do 1 personal and 1 factional across the team.
No, please re-read his post. He is saying he thought scum could do a factional ability (i.e kill) OR a personal ability. Therefore, since he is confirmed to have roleblocked (a personal ability) he couldn't have done the night kill (a factional ability).
Seven (she, him, their)
Wam

Post by Wam »

MathBlade wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:28 pm
Wam wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:37 am
MathBlade wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:28 am Each phase, one factional action and one non-factional action can be taken.

Instead there’s this.

I blocked you and you’re required to sheep me. This is a personal action.

Therefore I can’t nightkill as then I would do two actions.

Ergo I am not scum.
Might be being stupid but one factional one non factional allows you to night kill? I dont get the point your making.
Each faction Eg scum

Can do one of two things: Faction or non factional

That seems really gimpy.

I am just going to assume that’s a typo and you’re right and I am dumb thinking this was only the billion * (hyperbole) + 1 way I am conf town.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

This is nitpicky because I don't think it changes your town slip point, but he knows that night killing is a factional action, he was just saying that he couldn't be the one to do both.

On mafiascum it's common for players to only be able to do one ability at a time, whether it's factional or personal, unless there is a specific function or modifier called multitasking. So without multitasking, he was saying that because he roleblocked he couldn't have done the factional action. He would have needed a partner who didn't use their ability to do the factional action.

The reason why this is a fake town slip, however, is because MB has been clearing the worst for being blocked night one, yet by the same logic he should have cleared Morgan since you had confirmed that Morgan had used a personal ability.
Seven (she, him, their)
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

That confirms Morgan couldn’t do the kill.

It was the Block AND that he confirmed me as a roleblocker. That’s always been my point. Ducky as scum does not confirm that I blocked him.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

The more reasonable explanation is people can multitask rather than my literal interpretation (thanks Wam).

The worst did not kill because I blocked him. This is town Ducky. Therefore if you want to assume worst scum it has to be with Marklin.

Therefore in a world where you believe it’s me+Worst you always elim the worst first as my power of roleblock sheep is proven to you as I can’t do the kill.

So then if you want to assume four scum in Worst/Marklin/Sabrar/me the only one that could do the kill is Ducky. Your theory has no killer. You just want me dead or tunneling
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

The moment I flip town the worst is confirmed town to you as Ducky can’t kill.

The simple answer is that scum reside in WMU or WMU and you.

The doctor claim is sus and without who protected as town protects me who CC’d you or Bessie.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

MathBlade wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:37 pm That confirms Morgan couldn’t do the kill.

It was the Block AND that he confirmed me as a roleblocker. That’s always been my point. Ducky as scum does not confirm that I blocked him.
I've already addressed this and you've not responded. If scumDuck didn't confirm that you blocked him, then it would have created a thunderdome between you as you would be cc'ing each other. So we eliminate either him or you and then off the other if we misflipped. Additionally, verifying that he was blocked was a positive as it suggested he didn't do the kill. It's reasoning like this that makes me want to eliminate you regardless because it's so obviously ridiculous yet you're trying to gaslight everyone else into believing they're the illogical ones.

Address this point please.
Seven (she, him, their)
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

If scum Duck didn’t confirm I blocked him then no. It’s not necessarily thunderdome. I could have been blocked or redirected. It would be suspicious not lock scum.

I prefer not to spend time on theories that I do not see possible.
Wam

Post by Wam »

@math why bit scum dicky being blocked on whatever power they have and scum marklin does the kill? I dont get yournducky clear?
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Wam wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:51 pm @math why bit scum dicky being blocked on whatever power they have and scum marklin does the kill? I dont get yournducky clear?
Because blocking isn’t confirmable. I don’t know if I succeed.
Redirection, roleblock on me, jailkeep on me, another scum claims to have to sheep me.

There are so many ways to get out of that. Instead he townfirms me. That and I know Ducky.

There’s no reason for Ducky to confirm me if scum.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Putting aside whether MB's statements clear the worst, how far do we trust Madge? I know at this point we prefer mechanics driven conclusions as to people's alignments, but if we had an independent source saying the worst is town it would help open up PoE to slots that aren't towncore adjacent.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

MathBlade wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:45 pm I am thinking WMU or Madge. Madge’s paranoia goes beyond the logical. Assuming three scum there is a townblock of me+Worst+Seven.

I would have to repeatedly block and kill each night as I am confirmed to have blocked because of the sheep message. So then the town block never is smaller than three. So then in elo I would just be elimmed. The fact of the matter is I will be dying eventually and I am pretty much a cop at this point.

I want to elim in Madge/Wam I think.
Found a post that shows math knew scum could block and kill at the same time

@wam
Seven (she, him, their)
Wam

Post by Wam »

I disagree but I think we have exhausted this line of discussion
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

So Math wants to kill the town protective because this is his 'hunch' and he doesn't really care about anything else.
He is not concerned about the possible existence of a strongman who would cancel his clears, even if he is mentioning it
And you know why? Because he knows strongman doesn't exist and he wants me dead now to make the kills tonight how he wants

I rarely saw a more transparent scummy push on me.
He is not doubting himself, he is trigger happy to kill me today

No questions for me, he is very sure I am the best chop
I am for him, but why is in his interest to kill the claimed town doc?

I can only see a reason, because he has to be scum.

AMA
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:16 pm So Math wants to kill the town protective because this is his 'hunch' and he doesn't really care about anything else.
He is not concerned about the possible existence of a strongman who would cancel his clears, even if he is mentioning it
And you know why? Because he knows strongman doesn't exist and he wants me dead now to make the kills tonight how he wants

AMA
I already asked you your previous actions.

You’re the one not answering shit.

What did you do on N1 and N2?
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

MathBlade wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:55 pm
Wam wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:51 pm @math why bit scum dicky being blocked on whatever power they have and scum marklin does the kill? I dont get yournducky clear?
Because blocking isn’t confirmable. I don’t know if I succeed.
Redirection, roleblock on me, jailkeep on me, another scum claims to have to sheep me.

There are so many ways to get out of that. Instead he townfirms me. That and I know Ducky.

There’s no reason for Ducky to confirm me if scum.
Maybe the worst is town, but i don't get how him being blocked clears you.
It confirms your role, not your alignament
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

MathBlade wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:18 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:16 pm So Math wants to kill the town protective because this is his 'hunch' and he doesn't really care about anything else.

AMA
I already asked you your previous actions.

You’re the one not answering shit.

What did you do on N1 and N2?
Hey don't be aggresive, i don't want to tell you, sue me
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

MathBlade wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:37 pm That confirms Morgan couldn’t do the kill.

Morgan was town, he couldn't do the kill anyway
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

I don't see from Math the desire to search for the truth. How is this a towny approach?
Demanding for my targets means he wants to know how my role works and i will not reveal this
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Each phase, one factional action and one non-factional action can be taken.
And means they can be both, right?

Who believes Math can't understand the word 'and'?