Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Wam

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 3

Post by Wam »

@math

How do you know that marklin didnt do the the kill n1? Might be misunderstood but arent you clearing based on your N1 roleblock?
the worst

Post by the worst »

Math - I specifically need someone other than madge blocked tonight to finish the solve. Her claim also means we get 1+ clears from her having a night action. If Madge is scum, her pool of mis-elims is even smaller than scum!yours would be.
madge

Post by madge »

Sorry I have a smooth brain, who has confirmed mathblade twice? I missed the part in the rules about Elo turning off the vote powers.

I don't want to get bogged down in an argument about this stuff. I don't care if you think I'm town. Block me or don't. My power can clear two people at once, but if you don't trust me then I'm happy to miss one night of it.

If you are tossing up between WMU and me, vote WMU off first and then block me tonight and vote me off tomorrow if I'm cleared.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

madge wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:09 pm Sorry I have a smooth brain, who has confirmed mathblade twice?
worst and seven both confirmed the block power anyway
Wam

Post by Wam »

@the wosts, math and seven

Can you confirm it was worst blocked N1 seven blocked N2?
madge

Post by madge »

from how the worst described their experience of being blocked i think we can't be sure they were blocked (let them conf)

okay, so mathblade has been confirmed ***as a roleblocker*** which is null as far as alignment goes. from his tone of voice i thought there was a cop i was missing lol
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

The thing is it's hard to accept i have to die to clear the poe just because duck who didn't read the Eod 1 says i wold bus and Math doesn't seem to understand what Seven says.
Also i think Madge has a villagery paranoia

Idk everyone, for me is pretty hard to read by meta and the only one i know well is Seven.
Wisp knows me from many games and he had a TR for me at Eod 1.

I will sheep Seven

My claim will be posted if you need it
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

MathBlade wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:08 am
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
the worst wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:33 pm
Seven wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:08 pm Alright guys well I wanted to wait for Ducky to out his results and officially clear Jedi but he's not being very forthcoming, so I'll go ahead and move things forward.

So from what I gather, Moody you neighborized Ducky and Madge, correct? Why did you choose those two?

Here is how things are gonna go:
-At this point, I am the only confirmed town (sans strongman, which can somewhat be resolved by MB voting different from me today so that I remain blocked), so we form a town block of towniness around me.

-We are not eliminating WMU. No one has addressed the point about Sabrar trying to convince WMU to vote Jedi (Duck wont even read it). She is town, the rest of you townies really need to trust me on this one.

-We are not eliminating Wam. He catalyzed the Sabrar elimination. Not worth the points considering Sabrar's role. Additionally, scum!Wam could have easily used the gun in a way that benefited scum, Madge even gave him an opening to use his own judgement, but he kept the power in town's hands.

-We are not eliminating Madge. She was too invested/confused about Marlkin's claim for it to have been S/S theater.

This is my town core. @Madge @Wam @WMU I ask of you please, just for today to join hands and lend me your strength. You are all townies, please no more fighting. Just trust me for today.

This leaves: Moody, Jedi, Mathblade, the worst

-Moody's tone is different than in Halloween. He is more go-with-the-flowy. Albeit this could be scum who is tired of being scum two games in a row and losing their strongest scummate day one. However, the way that Moody distinguished his posts from Suzakus when discussing their posting styles day 1 with Wisp seemed non-informed. And based on Sabrar's read list, it also seemed he was dressing up moody for a future miselim.

-Jedi seems like a good possibility to me if it were not for Ducky's claim, hence why the info would be nice. But if he's not going to out it and has ran it by Madge, I guess I will just have to take their word on it. One thing that points to Jedi is Marklin's botched claim. I can't imagine anyone else here would have given the go-ahead on that.

-It doesn't make sense to eliminate Mathblade today because he is our cop and will self-resolve.

-The worst is the absolute best elimination. I've laid out my case for why I think he's scum here. He is not at all cleared because there was another scum alive Night 1 when he was blocked. I think it is between the worst and Jedi, and if Jedi is the worst's inno, that only leaves him.

Vote: the worst

@Madge
@Wam
@WMU
@moody
@jedi

join me

https://youtu.be/OA8wkz0uGLE
At this point I had both outed my result on Jedi, and reviewed your point about WMU and I'm not convinced that is outside the realm of bussing. Please read my posts when you're making demands of me. :P
Exactly my point too. WMU trying to say the blocks aren’t alignment indicative is sus as hell too.
Idk why are you irritated i didn't blindly trust your claim Math, but my logic says mechanical evidence may be manipulated by scum.
My last post from yday (iirc it was the last) though, should tell you I was thinking at the clears you implied

Also you can block me if you think that's the way.
But to kill me just to see a new mischop is not good.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Yes it is possible TW did the kill N1 but not probable as I don’t think Ducky confirms me blocking him D1 as scum when scum!Ducky lost scum on D1. This means that he can never scumread anyone I have blocked ever again. I don’t think Ducky sets himself up like that.

Let’s go over the playerlist again but if Madge is alive tomorrow and I am barring someone explaining how the paranoia is towny (not just stating such) when I have already explained that it is scummy or not addressing how I find it scummy or confirming her in some other way then I will block Madge.

@Seven out of WMU, WAM, and Moody who is the elim and who is the block?

Suzaku Märklin - MAFIA Death and All His Friends, modkilled (eliminated) Day 2.
2. moody7277 >> Possible block
3. madge >> Can’t block tonight because Ducky says Madge can clear two people
4. Zeniba Seven >> Very unlikely scum
5. Wam >> Possible block
6. bessie - TOWN Anitra's Dance, killed Night 2.
7. patzer xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx >> Possible block
8. SuperJedi224 >> worst says Jedi is inno
9. the worst >> Keep quacking (town)
10. Morgan - TOWN Pinball Wizard, killed Day 2.
11. Wisp - TOWN Home, died Night 1.
12. Sabrar - MAFIA This is War, eliminated Day 1.
13. MathBlade >> Towniest town to ever town.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:48 pm
MathBlade wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:08 am
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
the worst wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:33 pm

At this point I had both outed my result on Jedi, and reviewed your point about WMU and I'm not convinced that is outside the realm of bussing. Please read my posts when you're making demands of me. :P
Exactly my point too. WMU trying to say the blocks aren’t alignment indicative is sus as hell too.
Idk why are you irritated i didn't blindly trust your claim Math, but my logic says mechanical evidence may be manipulated by scum.
My last post from yday (iirc it was the last) though, should tell you I was thinking at the clears you implied

Also you can block me if you think that's the way.
But to kill me just to see a new mischop is not good.
Because it’s scum Suicide to counter claim Seven when Seven poisoned the thread with misinformation with one scum dead and the other not posting. I let Town miselim Ducky for free.

It’s scum Suicide knowing I eventually get to now where I de facto clear and whoever I block if scum I can never block again.

I am one of the best scum players and I definitely don’t pigeonhole myself.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

madge wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:02 pm from how the worst described their experience of being blocked i think we can't be sure they were blocked (let them conf)

okay, so mathblade has been confirmed ***as a roleblocker*** which is null as far as alignment goes. from his tone of voice i thought there was a cop i was missing lol
There pretty much is:

Someone claims a role.
I block person.
If kill happens (barring strongman) and they get the wrong gotta agree message then they’re town.

So up until elo it’s pretty much a clear and a de facto town block.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

MathBlade wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:24 pm
madge wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:02 pm from how the worst described their experience of being blocked i think we can't be sure they were blocked (let them conf)

There pretty much is:

Someone claims a role.
I block person.
If kill happens (barring strongman) and they get the we gotta agree message then they’re town.

So up until elo it’s pretty much a clear and a de facto town block.
Autocorrect is drunk again.

Each night I clear someone from having done the kill (barring strongman) so yeah I pretty much clear someone every night.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@Moody, please claim.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Seven wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:01 pm @Moody, please claim.
I didn't see the worst's claim yet.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

moody7277 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:25 pm
He's not claiming today, Madge has cleared him. I'm asking you so we can determine who to eliminate.
Seven (she, him, their)
the worst

Post by the worst »

Wam wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:50 pm @the wosts, math and seven

Can you confirm it was worst blocked N1 seven blocked N2?
Yup.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Seven wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:50 pm
He's not claiming today, Madge has cleared him. I'm asking you so we can determine who to eliminate.
Alignment: Town
Song: When I'm 64
I pick two people at night. They get chat for the next day and night phase. Then they decide whether they want a reward by breaking the chat with a risk of dying, or if they want to keep the chat and become lovers. I am now vanilla because Madge and the worst have found true love.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

moody7277 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:56 pm
Seven wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:50 pm

Alignment: Town
Song: When I'm 64
I pick two people at night. They get chat for the next day and night phase. Then they decide whether they want a reward by breaking the chat with a risk of dying, or if they want to keep the chat and become lovers. I am now vanilla because Madge and the worst have found true love.
Why did you want the worst to claim first?
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Also, Madge's paranoia definitely makes sense in this context.
Seven (she, him, their)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

In my sketchy understanding of how claim order is supposed to work, the scummiest player goes first.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

moody7277 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:02 pm In my sketchy understanding of how claim order is supposed to work, the scummiest player goes first.
Why is the worst scummy to you?

Also, how come you chose Madge and the worst as targets?
Seven (she, him, their)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Seven wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:03 pm
moody7277 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:02 pm In my sketchy understanding of how claim order is supposed to work, the scummiest player goes first.

PoE mostly. All I have left for scum is {WMU, the worst}. You and another player have already said you disagree with this, but that's where I am. As for choosing targets, I had zero instinct on tactics with this power, so I decided to bridge the cultures, and Madge usually seems like she needs a friend.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

moody7277 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:08 pm
Seven wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:03 pm

PoE mostly. All I have left for scum is {WMU, the worst}. You and another player have already said you disagree with this, but that's where I am. As for choosing targets, I had zero instinct on tactics with this power, so I decided to bridge the cultures, and Madge usually seems like she needs a friend.
Madge has said that she is certain the worst is clear. Does that leave you with WMU? What do you think of the point I made about her contribution to the Sabrar wagon and his interaction with her?
Seven (she, him, their)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

If I accept your and Madge's interpretations, that would cycle MB as a surprisingly honest scum!rb who the current plan is on using to clear other people, or wam maybe into votable position. If you and other people feel that I am cycled into votable position, I will fully understand since town has a miselim to give, and hope that my wagon will be educational.

I'll have to read through the EoD1 flurry to see what I think about your point re WMU when I have more time.
the worst

Post by the worst »

I kinda think moody having given up on the game makes sense from scum who's being brutally PoE'd.