Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Morgan

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 2

Post by Morgan »

Anyway, I have to work through deadline and I’m not especially motivated to stay online and argue with people who intend to kill me first and question the logic of it later. My vote is staying on the duck, I’ll see y’all later if I live. If not, see you never probably.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:53 pm
Morgan wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:49 pm
Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:46 pm Why?
I almost never believe vote manipulation is a scum ability.
Why?
That’s a general vague belief and pattern I’ve come to hold after years of non-bastard mafia games. It’s held up pretty well imo but I don’t have a perfect memory of every setup I’ve played. Scum double voters are common enough as a gotcha but that’s usually where the line is drawn.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

But WMU or madge or whoever is right. If Jedi isn’t going to do anything then I’m not gonna defend the slot. Why bother, do what you want.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Morgan wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:53 pm Also none of you can mechanically put me on a scum team with Sabrar. It’s impossible.

bessie took a (joking? Couldn’t tell) crack at it saying it was compulsive and I could only send it to people of the opposite alignment (villagers, if I’m mafia). Good try, but that’s stupid and how would that ever be fair to a mafia team even if my ability has a 10% chance of killing its user?

Everyone else voting me has to be doing it for the lulz or something, and when I flip town my only question is going to be well what the fuck were you expecting.
I have enough knowledge to know if its balanceable or not and I'm voting you...
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Ya, I just don't believe you there. I'm not sure where the 24 hour cut off is / how many posts I have so this will be my last post until a VC is posted.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Wam

Post by Wam »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:58 pm Ya, I just don't believe you there. I'm not sure where the 24 hour cut off is / how many posts I have so this will be my last post until a VC is posted.
Me or morgan?
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:46 pm
Morgan wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:46 pm

I didn’t have to make that connection because I agreed with Wam when he made it.
Why?
It’s not complicated.

Wam said he was waiting for a CC. I said why? There isn’t going to be a CC in role madness because roles tend to overlap and it’s a closed setup. He said oh because I don’t see scum having that kind of role or something. And then I remembered reading about Jedi’s effect on the game in the OP and realized that he was trueclaiming. I agreed (without explicitly saying so, apparently) that it was an unlikely scum role because aside from scum double voters, I almost never believe vote manipulation is a scum ability.
Then why has your push been on me all day when I have a vote manipulation ability?

Vote: Morgan
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

We have 3 hours and 8 mins until Eod (i found in the Sod post the timer.

Idk why, the emotion from Morgan feels genuine, is there a meta who says he is like this as scum?
Wam

Post by Wam »

MathBlade wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:48 pm
Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:46 pm Why?
It’s not complicated.

Wam said he was waiting for a CC. I said why? There isn’t going to be a CC in role madness because roles tend to overlap and it’s a closed setup. He said oh because I don’t see scum having that kind of role or something. And then I remembered reading about Jedi’s effect on the game in the OP and realized that he was trueclaiming. I agreed (without explicitly saying so, apparently) that it was an unlikely scum role because aside from scum double voters, I almost never believe vote manipulation is a scum ability.
Then why has your push been on me all day when I have a vote manipulation ability?

I must have missed your claim can you link it please?
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Wam wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:56 pm

It’s not complicated.

Roleblocker with forced sheep ability. Came out at several points and Ducky confirmed it.
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

It’s not complicated.

Math claimed to have a blocking ability that depends on whether the target sheeped his vote during the day phase
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

Oh wait he just posted while I was writing that
Wam

Post by Wam »

I would say that's different to a vote manipulation ability.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

SuperJedi224 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:23 pm

Math claimed to have a blocking ability that depends on whether the target sheeped his vote during the day phase
This is worded badly

I roleblock at night.
Next day is sheep me or you’re blocked again.
The initial roleblock is no matter who the person is voting.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Oh that is different. Anyway I have put the kill in on morgan hopefully see you all day 3!
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

lol

Math, your ability is not proven. Jedi’s was modconfirmed in the OP.

Good luck to the sensible villagers.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Morgan wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:38 pm lol

Math, your ability is not proven. Jedi’s was modconfirmed in the OP.

Good luck to the sensible villagers.
Mine is confirmed by the worst. If Marklin is scum I can’t be scum with the worst unless you’re arguing four scum. It’s possible I am wrong on you but given how you’ve played I don’t think I am.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I mean, Wam said he submitted the kill. I’m a villager.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Also what do I care about what the worst says? He has nothing outside his push on me, which is trash.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Wow, this end of day sure is different from Day 1. Where did everybody go?
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

A shot rings out!

Morgan has died. They were TOWN Pinball Wizard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHc7bR6y06M
Morgan
Welcome to the game!

You are TOWN Pinball Wizard.

Each Night, you may target another player to give that player a 1-shot Fiery Box item. They must use an action of that Box by the end of the following Night. That box has 3 different actions: Break, Open, and Throw (at a target). If broken, they get a 1-shot Commuter but have a 30% chance of being killed. If opened, they get a 1-shot Day Vigilante but have a 10% chance of being killed. If thrown, they prevent all actions that target would take that Night but they and that target each have a 15% chance of being killed.

You win when no threats to town remain, as long as at least one townsperson is alive.

Confirm reading and understanding this message by explaining this role here in this PM.
Day 2 ends in less than 10 minutes.
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

Oh dear
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

Also @bessie @madge as I clarified early day 2, the season (and with it my passive ability) changes every second elimination, not every second day

Unfortunately I didn't realize that until a few hours before day 2 started
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Night 2 Start

Märklin has been eliminated. They were MAFIA Death and All His Friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvoM6TK8O6w
Marklin
Welcome to the game!

You are MAFIA Death and All His Friends.

Each Night, you may target a unique dead player. You gain a chat with them during the following Day phase. If they correctly guess your alignment, you may use their abilities during the following Night.

In addition, you share a chat and associated factional kill with your fellow Mafia team members.

You win when no threats to mafia remain or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Confirm reading and understanding this message by explaining this role here in this PM.
Night 2 starts now. Actions are due within the first 24 hours of the Night. Day 3 will start around 10 AM PST on Saturday, December 4th.
AC 2.6
Wam - 10
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx - 16
the worst - 15
madge - 12
MathBlade - 13
moody7277 - 1
Seven - 18
bessie - 5
SuperJedi224 - 3
osieorb18

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Night 2

Post by osieorb18 »

Day 3 Start

bessie has died. They were TOWN Anitra's Dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcEnSITNaGM
bessie
Welcome to the game!

You are TOWN Anitra's Dance.

Each Night, you may target two other players. You learn how many other actions are targeting or targeted by one or both of them. You may guess which players (out of all players) are involved with those actions (as an overall list, not per action). Each action with at least one correct guess of involvement can be redirected if you choose. If you do, it will target the opposite one of the players you targeted. If it targets multiple players, it will replace in order from person who took the action and yourself after it has replaced up to one of your targets if able.

You win when no threats to town remain, as long as at least one townsperson is alive.

Day 3 Starts now and will last until December 9th at 10 AM PST.

A hot wind blows... All players require one fewer vote to eliminate during this Day.

With 8 players, it takes 4 to eliminate by majority and 2 to eliminate by plurality.