Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 2

Post by Seven »

lol

(Sabrar was dead Marklin)
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Märklin wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:34 am Ok, since that apparently blew up I'll reveal my true role:
I'm Death and All His Friends.
I can target a unique player every night and gain a chat with them to use during the next day phase. If they correctly guess my alignment, I can use their powers the next night.

Last night, I targeted Sabrar hoping he would respond in good faith thinking he'd get some sort of power he can use even though he's dead if he was right. I planned to take out a scumread of mine overnight then come clean, but I'm having a hard time because I had to read 25 pages and couldn't produce much content worth anything.

I crafted a role I considered useless and claimed that in an attempt to keep scum from murdering me since they almost certainly will tonight now that I've revealed myself.
Still can’t target the dead without a pr expressly saying so.

Regardless of alignment (still think scum) you’re probably eating a modkill so it’s useless to sort you until you’re flipped or there is a VC. If you’re not modkilled then it’s worth expending the spoons to sort you.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Oh nvm I read the full post and see you're joking/throwing in the towel.
madge wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:12 am so is this an artisan free range organic handmade fake claim?
also lol @ this

Edit: removed redundant line with mod permission
Last edited by Seven on Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seven (she, him, their)
Märklin

Post by Märklin »

Uh I thought I mentioned I can specifically contact dead players?
Did I miss that lol
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Last night, I targeted Sabrar hoping he would respond in good faith thinking he'd get some sort of power he can use even though he's dead if he was right.

So you’d hope flipped scum would respond in good faith and tried to give scum some sort of power if he was right on…?

Lmao you replaced in during this day iirc. You wouldn’t have a reason to do anything. It would be your predecessor. Loving the humor though.
Märklin

Post by Märklin »

Yeah, you're not wrong.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Regardless, you weren't in the game night 1 silly goose.

Mathblade, perhaps it is time to reevaluate your Ducky read? As I see it, it is between him and Morgan for scum number 3.
Seven (she, him, their)
Märklin

Post by Märklin »

I should also mention, since I can only target dead people, sabrar was the only legal target N1.
I've been hoping to get his power as a vig but that's probably not happening now.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:47 am Regardless, you weren't in the game night 1 silly goose.

Mathblade, perhaps it is time to reevaluate your Ducky read? As I see it, it is between him and Morgan for scum number 3.
I figure let’s wait and see if Marklin gets modkilled or we need to dayvig him. I would rather not waste an elim on Marklin unless we have to and still get more on today.

I think you’re in the PoE and the people who didn’t let me wagon Marklin d1.

Simply because of Morgan’s role I don’t want to elim him. I figure since I have been naming at least one scum all day then I would want to go for someone who has been on my wagon or you.

Ducky I know didn’t kill Wisp (barring strongman) and so I would rather not drive if Marklin flips scum as I don’t want scum to get ideas as if there are three scum I turn into a cop.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 1

Post by Seven »

Case against the worst

This pinged me as distancing from suzaku day 1
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
the worst wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:04 am
MathBlade wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:14 pm I think there is at least one scum in Suzaku/Wisp.

Suzaku doesn’t seem to be using their vote to actively hunt. I normally “don’t do RVS”, but I get out of it ASAP by making statements. This looks more like recapping what people said versus active thought.

The wall about Wisp yet not dropping a vote seems off. He spent most of his effort on it yet it’s all commentary. I am also a hyperposter by nature and I joined this game partially to stop.

Especially how he’s willing to chalk things up to a difference in playstyle while having issues with Wisp’s content less posts bothers me. It could be scum Suzaku doesn’t want to fight with town Wisp but also has SvS vibes.
Interesting take. I think there's slightly better than random chance of scum in [suzaku, wam] as well - which is handy for me because I think wam is town!

This post was also scummy because Wisp wasn't planning anything, duck was just buddying up to him
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
the worst wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:08 am
Wisp wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:52 pm There is 0 need to try to think of teams at this point, but I do agree with the thoughts on Suzaku, but I want them to clarify their playstyle first. I have other problems with that post, other than it just being a useless recap, that does very little for the game state.

I very rarely see town bother trying to talk about everyone has early as 24 hours, but I don't know how a week day length could change that, nor how Suzaku typically plays. It still pings me none the less.

Why exactly do you think we are wolf/wolf?
Won't speak for Mathblade - he'll likely be seeing different stuff to me anyway. But it does feel like there's a lack of conversation happening between you and Suzaku. I'm waiting for some kind of clarity around what either of you are doing to solve the game yet, and to that ends perhaps I'm waiting for one of you to turn up the dial a little.

Wouldn't normally bother responding to this but I think your post signals that you're working on something. So I'm keen to see where it goes.

Also as I expressed here, I think Sabrar knew more about Ducky than he should:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Sabrar wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:17 am the worst: they are jumping around with their notes without any explanation, which I feel is coming from town more often then not as scum is usually self-aware of needing to provide justifications. I like their questions to others though they don't seem to have any follow-ups. Overall impression is good but they might be trying to replicate a known townie-meta.
Seven wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:53 pm Sabrar has allayed my suspicions somewhat and could possibly be swapped out with Jedi, but I feel emboldened by the fact that all of wam, me, madge, moody, and bessie—all who have played with sabrar extensively—feel something is off. Also insightfulness of this line is just peculiar to me:
Overall impression is good but they might be trying to replicate a known townie-meta.
I had this very thought, but only because I've seen The Worst play. This is by no means a strong belief, but it kind of makes me suspect Scumbud The Worst mentioned something like this in PT. Like "I know my votes seem erratic but Morgan etc. will see this as my town meta."
just replace morgan there with MB as I think that's who he's actually been playing

Edit: fixed spelling errors with mod persmission
Last edited by Seven on Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

MathBlade wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:52 am I figure let’s wait and see if Marklin gets modkilled or we need to dayvig him. I would rather not waste an elim on Marklin unless we have to and still get more on today.
We shouldn't be considering that. I don't want to win based on mod intervention. I want to win from town mechanics alone.
Seven (she, him, their)
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

I will consider it but if Marklin is scum it’s best I go into lurker mode to find who to cop block (assuming 3 scum). Based on how utterly ridiculous that claim is it’s probably more asking why than who. The why would point to the who.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:01 am
MathBlade wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:52 am I figure let’s wait and see if Marklin gets modkilled or we need to dayvig him. I would rather not waste an elim on Marklin unless we have to and still get more on today.
We shouldn't be considering that. I don't want to win based on mod intervention. I want to win from town mechanics alone.
I don’t want to win on it either but what will or won’t happen is out of our hands. No reason to rush we just wait for a VC. If the slot still exists then game as normal and we can vig Marklin. There’s no action that we can take it’s about waiting.
madge

Post by madge »

okay WHAT

WHAT

no

lol

okay. uh, this... doesn't. answer anything. LOL

okay so.... if that's a real role, then, worst case, scum hsa two kills tonight. let's not do that?

if it's a real role *and* you are somehow town then the smoothest brain townie i've ever seen (apart from myself) is going to be in charge of a vig shot and that's terrifying omfg

if it's fake and you're town that's it you're done

if it's fake and you're scum then whatever

@WAM WAKE UP WE HAVE OUR TARGET SORTED

@all: let's start working on who we will vote off. i will be AFK for quite a lot of the rest of the Day so I want to be part of the discussion.

also marklin's claim is fake so it's not a real quote so the mod isn't going to eliminate him for us even if that's against the rules which someone said they checked the rules and they didn't see anything about quotes so....?
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

madge wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:09 am okay WHAT

WHAT

no

lol

okay so.... if that's a real role, then, worst case, scum hsa two kills tonight. let's not do that?

if it's a real role *and* you are somehow town then the smoothest brain townie i've ever seen (apart from myself) is going to be in charge of a vig shot and that's terrifying omfg

@all: let's start working on who we will vote off. i will be AFK for quite a lot of the rest of the Day so I want to be part of the discussion.

also marklin's claim is fake so it's not a real quote so the mod isn't going to eliminate him for us even if that's against the rules which someone said they checked the rules and they didn't see anything about quotes so....?
That’s why I want to wait.
Generally on most sites quoting/pretending to quote is a modkillable offense because then otherwise they confirm it false through inaction and it’s a clusterfuck. But this site doesn’t have the same features as my home site. So it’s more making sure osie is aware then seeing if it merits a modkill or not.
madge

Post by madge »

Candidates for the lim after marklin is ded

here's my reads in tiers:

{madge}
{bessie > wam > Morgan}
{tw > moody > seven }
----- line of neutrality
{mathblade > WMU > superjedi}
{Marklin}

WMU is so low because like marklin/suzaku i keep forgetting the slot is playing, and we know how that turned out in marklin's case. forgettable is sometimes scum playing things safe.

i still don't like superjedi. they have done nothing helpful in two Days. as a result there's no way scum kills them and we have to deal with that lack of help all game. but that doesn't mean they should be limmed. nobody wants a mislim even if it means there's one less headache on the board.

my heart says superjedi but my head says WMU. everyone seems to be reading mathblade scummy and i don't get it, but they have a similar vibe to WMU only lots more activity which can be enough rope for scum.

yeah my votables would be:

WMU > mathblade > jedi

also, we'll get marklin's flip once he's vigged I assume (sinfe we got Sabrar's once he died) - if he's scum, who on the wagon looks good? if he's town, who on the wagon looks bad?

-----------------
Madge's Notepad
-----------------

BESSIE'S READS SO FAR TODAY:
Morgan scummy
Seven not scummy
(Agrees with me that Marklin is scum)

Woof
Wisp
bessie
Madge
Wam
Zeniba/Seven
Suzaku/Märklin
patzer/WakeMeUp
the worst
SuperJedi224
Morgan
moody7277
MathBlade
Sabrar
Grr

WISP'S READS FROM YESTERDAY:
Wants to kill Jedi (seems to want town to vig)
Last will was that they think wake/morgan/bessie/seven contains at most 1 scum
Previously had a scumread on moody that they kind of abandoned

CLAIM RELATED NOTES:
the worst visited wisp (claimed by Seven, recanted)
mathblade blocked the worst (claimed by mathblade, confirmed by the worst)
the worst doesn't have a targeting role (claimed by the worst)
Morgan gave wam a dayvig (claimed by morgan, wam confirmed)
Marklin claimed cabbage farmer quiz-neighbor-backup?
bessie

Post by bessie »

MathBlade wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:14 am Generally on most sites quoting/pretending to quote is a modkillable offense because then otherwise they confirm it false through inaction and it’s a clusterfuck. But this site doesn’t have the same features as my home site. So it’s more making sure osie is aware then seeing if it merits a modkill or not.
It was a mod killable offence on xkcd too, and usually in the rules. Osie is new to the forum, and he doesn't have it in his ruleset, which is why we don't know how he will handle it.

If Marklin is mafia, I do not think you are his partner.
Märklin

Post by Märklin »

MathBlade wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:14 am

WHAT

no

lol

Generally on most sites quoting/pretending to quote is a modkillable offense because then otherwise they confirm it false through inaction and it’s a clusterfuck. But this site doesn’t have the same features as my home site. So it’s more making sure osie is aware then seeing if it merits a modkill or not.
Can I just add, on my homesite quoting is just taken as formatting, so that's how I used it. I had no intentions of breaking any rules, and if I did so, I apologize for the confusion.
bessie

Post by bessie »

madge wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:20 am i still don't like superjedi. they have done nothing helpful in two Days. as a result there's no way scum kills them and we have to deal with that lack of help all game. but that doesn't mean they should be limmed. nobody wants a mislim even if it means there's one less headache on the board.
If SuperJedi is around Day 3, he gets a non-player neighbor. My guess it will be someone with a decent amount of mafia experience that can mentor him.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Märklin wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:40 am
MathBlade wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:14 am

WHAT

no

lol

Can I just add, on my homesite quoting is just taken as formatting, so that's how I used it. I had no intentions of breaking any rules, and if I did so, I apologize for the confusion.
As a point of clarification, quoting players is fine. Quoting/pretending to quote a moderator is not fine as it brings (or pretends to bring) out of game influence here as well as creates issues with game integrity.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Specifically with the role PM. VC quoting is fine.

A rule of thumb quote what’s in thread.
madge

Post by madge »

bessie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:41 am
madge wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:20 am i still don't like superjedi. they have done nothing helpful in two Days. as a result there's no way scum kills them and we have to deal with that lack of help all game. but that doesn't mean they should be limmed. nobody wants a mislim even if it means there's one less headache on the board.
If SuperJedi is around Day 3, he gets a non-player neighbor. My guess it will be someone with a decent amount of mafia experience that can mentor him.
someone claimed that? is that part of their role or is it a mentoring programme? i saw a reference to it but i may hae missed it?
the worst

Post by the worst »

Whaaaat? Why is everyone confused, this is such a real and believable claim from a townie that's so real and believable. I cant believe everyone doesn't believe thus vrry real and believable claim, from a real and believable townie.

If you're still confused, watch this video and come back and tell me you don't understand. https://youtu.be/yjLs8wAXoOE

This is so real and believable and real that it has BLWON!!! MY MIND!!! my brain is exploded. its so real and believable.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@Madge this is Jedi's full claim:
Town heavy horses, have a passive ability that changes every odd-numbered day (half affect voting while the other half affect day length, currently it's all players loved) and am supposed to get a non-player Neighbor days 3 through 6
SuperJedi224 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:16 pm
Do you get to choose who your neighbor is?
I got to name my top three during the pregame anyway
SuperJedi224 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:22 am
bessie wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:19 pm When you claimed you said you got a non-player neighbor later in the game. Will your neighbor be someone that is not in this game?
That is correct.

Town
bessie, WakeMeUp
Wam, moody7277
Madge
SuperJedi224
MathBlade
Morgan

the worst
Märklin

Scum

good god trying to get the worst elimmed is a pain in the ass. I should have just stuck with my fake claim.
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

thanks. financial forecasting is due at work but i'll update my notepad.

-----------------
Madge's Notepad
-----------------

BESSIE'S READS SO FAR TODAY:
Morgan scummy
Seven not scummy
(Agrees with me that Marklin is scum)

Woof
Wisp
bessie
Madge
Wam
Zeniba/Seven
Suzaku/Märklin
patzer/WakeMeUp
the worst
SuperJedi224
Morgan
moody7277
MathBlade
Sabrar
Grr

WISP'S READS FROM YESTERDAY:
Wants to kill Jedi (seems to want town to vig)
Last will was that they think wake/morgan/bessie/seven contains at most 1 scum
Previously had a scumread on moody that they kind of abandoned

CLAIM RELATED NOTES:
the worst visited wisp (claimed by Seven, recanted)
mathblade blocked the worst (claimed by mathblade, confirmed by the worst)
the worst doesn't have a targeting role (claimed by the worst)
Morgan gave wam a dayvig (claimed by morgan, wam confirmed)
Marklin claimed cabbage farmer quiz-neighbor-backup?
Jedi: passive ability that changes every odd-numbered day (half affect voting while the other half affect day length, currently it's all players loved) and am supposed to get a non-player Neighbor days 3 through 6 (neighbour is nominated by jedi, won't be a player)