Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

What you're all really here for.
MathBlade

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 1

Post by MathBlade »

moody7277 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:11 pm Given how this game was advertised, I would be surprised beyond belief if there were any vanilla roles. In this More Powers paradigm, it would make sense to have a 9 town-3 scum-1 indep setup.

btw MathBlade, are you actually questioning what Madge did as mod in the Halloween game, or are you just using a quote to ping her?
I am suggesting modge/wam seems like a weird solve for this game.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

madge wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:47 pm
MathBlade wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:50 pm
madge wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:40 pm me and sabrar modded the game, i sent the role pms out, guarantee you it's moody/wam scumteam bessie antisocial survivor
I pretty much disagree with this sorry.

for the record, i am saying that was the setup of the halloween game, so you are not allowed to disagree.

i obviously am not claiming that wam/moody are the scumteam on this game or that we have an antisocial survivor

i understand i wasn't clear but i thought the context was pretty obvious
I am extremely literal. Love it or hate it that’s me.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Sure, Wisp, I’ll townread you.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Did I not already say I think you’re town? I’m pretty sure I did.
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

@Bessie
and I am not concerned about anything, someone somewhere said they probably would give some mechanical thoughts, I think it was Suzaku, so I thought I would based on my experience with recent games, the OP, and my role. I made a mistake with Suzaku, but that was only because of circumstances surrounding my ability, so I assumed it wasn't the host forgetting a vote, and more so mechanically related.

I mean I am a pretty selective player, I think trying to focus on everything will only hurt you, macro and real time, are the easiest ways to slide into false town leans. Also I dont understand what you are arguing here, am I not suppose to attack the things I wish to pick apart?

I am not asking one to solve the game on day 1, I'm not, that's for sure. I ask that if you are going to waste my time, and everyone else's time, writing rehashes of the thread, very little or no conclusion at all, is as you like to call it, "filler", because it fills the thread with nothing new

Maybe I am projecting, I don't think so though? and I always place fun first, but this is still a game, that I intend to win, so I would appreciate others not thinking otherwise, since we all have win-cons, that we strive for, and anything less, is an insult to the host and the other players. But I don't think that is happening here anyways, its mostly a rant on arguing you can't have both your cake and eat it, cause you certainly can play to solve, still have fun, and treat others with respect. Either the way, the whole, "kawaii" post, is irrelevant, it was never an insult, it was mostly me playing on, "I don't want this game to be that easy", it was just me trying to be funny, and sorry if it felt like I was attacking this site

your doing it again, twisting my words, I don't expect masterpieces
I expect not to get shaded off nothing
on a scale of 0-10, all being above neutral, he moved the whole game, and the only person he placed below 0, was a town
should I be proud?
I just want them to explain their thoughts with words, and not numbers, so I dont have to waste yours and my time asking what the number means, and instead can talk about the read without them needing to explain what the read is.
MathBlade wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:13 am
Suzaku wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:15 am Hey all. Welcome to the boards those of you who are new here.

I'm another ex-XKCD forum player, although I wasn't really active when the forums vaporised two years back.
Only ever played Mafia on those boards, and now here. Actually probably prefer modding (hosting) to playing, but like playing too (obvs, else I wouldn't be doing it).

And first off from me:
Vote: Wam
For murderising me in the hallowe'en game. :P
[v]Suzaku[/v]

For not interacting or getting a single read other than RVS. Give me some opinion on what you read.
did mathblade even explain this, how serious was this?
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

@Vaimes
I was like half serious with that post, I stand by my arguments but im not towncoring anyone yet
on reread I think Bessie had a very good callout against mathblade
do u still think they were defending Suzaku? because I don't anymore
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:34 am
moody7277 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:11 pm Given how this game was advertised, I would be surprised beyond belief if there were any vanilla roles. In this More Powers paradigm, it would make sense to have a 9 town-3 scum-1 indep setup.

btw MathBlade, are you actually questioning what Madge did as mod in the Halloween game, or are you just using a quote to ping her?
How do did u misread that post so horribly?
but I did like your response to thinking that was their wolf PoE
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

anyways im going to stop ranting about playstyles, and more so attack the content
which I still dislike from Moody, I think you are trending up, given the things you are focusing on
the above wouldn't be correct though if we were actually pushing on a town though, in terms of suzaku
bessie

Post by bessie »

Daily catch up post.
Sabrar wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:47 am I love snarky!bessie, I think I'm gonna sheep her.
Since somitomi is modding, not playing, someone has to take up the snark.

You don’t happen to have one of your famous D1 solves ready yet, do you?

Wam wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:43 am vote bessie
Nice. Well by the time you read this you will have had 24 hours and almost everyone has posted, so provide your reasons or remove your vote.

Morgan wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:40 am
bessie wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:55 am I don’t usually vote until closer to deadline. And I never RVS. When I vote, it will be serious and on a scum read, not for pressure or reactions.

And… what do you think of SuperJedi’s opening post?
I'll give thoughts on Jedi a little later. Is this answering the "who else posted content equal to or less than Suzaku" question? If so, why didn't you name them when you made the post?
It’s my playstyle. Hopefully we will play together enough that you will eventually get to know it.

Morgan wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:40 am
bessie wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:55 amWould you rather I just be… vibing?
No, I'd rather you be giving reads. It isn't a binary. If you don't vote until deadline, okay, but what am I supposed to think of someone asking for reads who hasn't given any?
You’re not trying to understand me in my own context, but through the point of view of your own expectations. I tried to explain this to Wisp in the post you quoted.

Morgan wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:40 am But if it *was* about MathBlade, why didn't you give or even hint at a MathBlade read in that post? Or in this post? There's like no attempt there to sort him beyond asking that Suzaku question.
Playstyle again.

SuperJedi224 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:59 pm Ok there was a lot posted since the last time I got a chance to read this

It is looking like one of suzaku/bessie/wisp right now but we still really don't know much for certain
like really.PNG
like really.PNG (82.32 KiB) Viewed 2471 times

Morgan wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:41 pm Not including the latest Jedi post, since it didn't exist when bessie asked for my Jedi thoughts.

All I can really see here is potential scum posting for the sake of posting. The last one here is awful because despite thinking deadline was sooner, Jedi doesn't seem to be very forthcoming in participating. And by "participating" I mean actually trying to help town win, not just post filler.
I asked about the opening post in particular because it was regarding opening posts that started this line of questioning. SuperJedi’s opening post appeared me as someone looking for a real wagon to jump on (as opposed to RVS). But I agree the last post you quoted was the most suspicious, and reinforces my thoughts that he’s just looking for an elimination, any elimination. I would normally be all over this, but the reason I am still pondering it and not voting is because of day chat. Either his partner(s) (1) aren’t coaching him, (2) are also inexperienced, (3) are absent, or (4) he doesn’t have any.

Wisp wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:51 pm I looked at Halloween mafia a bit, I was checking out Moody's iso there. I think on a shallow level they are about the same, so ya I'm not at all interested in that slot anymore. I think it was just a little bit of disliking his numbers without explaining why they existed. And in Halloween mafia, his thoughts got better. So I want to see what he does here
Wam and moody were the mafia team in that game. [pre-post edit, also noted by others]
Wisp wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:47 pm I think if I'm going to find wolf!Bessie, I probably don't, and maybe policy her in a few day phases, as gross as that sounds, or I keep an eye on how they handle the game state, and how against the consensus their pushes are, which tends to be a good way to tell if she is being malicious or not
Haha believe it or not I get this often and have come to expect it, especially from moody; he’s already said as much here .

madge wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:14 pm
Bessie wrote:Pick one other player and give me a real read.
You're not my dad, you can't tell me what to do!
well!.PNG
well!.PNG (97.53 KiB) Viewed 2471 times
MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:34 am

Can you explain this comment, I’m not following.

And what do you think of Wam?

MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:36 am I am extremely literal. Love it or hate it that’s me.
I love it, as I am too! But I still don’t understand your previous post, ant this clarification makes me even more confused.

Anyway cutting this off early tonight. Sorry Wisp, I’ll read and reply to your content on this page tomorrow. I got the booster shot today and it might be starting to hit me.
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

meh, its mostly me ranting anyways, I still have u at a town lean
anyways I think I posted enough for tonight
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

madge wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:40 pm me and sabrar modded the game, i sent the role pms out, guarantee you it's moody/wam scumteam bessie antisocial survivor

I read this I modded that game, [because I did] I guarantee you moody/wam are scum and Bessie is antisocial survivor.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Votecount (unchanged)

Votee (Votes/Elimination) - Voter(s)
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

bessie (2/8) - Morgan, Wam
Suzaku (2/8) - MathBlade, the worst
Wisp (1/8) - moody7277
moody7277 (1/8) - Suzaku
Sabrar (1/8) - madge

Not Voting (6): bessie, patzer, Sabrar, SuperJedi224, Wisp, Zeniba

Elimination Deadline is 10 AM PST on November 22nd.

Zeniba is still V/LA for some amount of time.
Activity Check 1.2
Wisp - 12
MathBlade - 4
Morgan - 9
moody7277 - 4
the worst - 7
bessie - 2
Sabrar - 1
Wam - 2
patzer - 1
SuperJedi224 - 1

Second 24 hours Cutoff

Everyone has fallen within the 24 hour max and 48 hour min requirements. (Outside of Zeniba, who is V/LA.)
Last edited by osieorb18 on Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Unvote, vote Jedi
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Wisp wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:27 am anyways im going to stop ranting about playstyles, and more so attack the content
which I still dislike from Moody, I think you are trending up, given the things you are focusing on
the above wouldn't be correct though if we were actually pushing on a town though, in terms of suzaku
But for two things, I might be more upset over this read: being seen as slightly scummy all the time is basically where I live in forum mafia, and I am still reading you as scum and point 1 makes me look like a viable miselim for you. Given my trend in opinion on Jedi, I am amenable to a wagon on him as well.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

bessie wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:47 am You don’t happen to have one of your famous D1 solves ready yet, do you?
Scum is {moody, wam, Zeniba}. You can thank me later.

More serious reads this evening or possibly tomorrow morning.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Wisp wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:51 pm I looked at Halloween mafia a bit, I was checking out Moody's iso there. I think on a shallow level they are about the same, so ya I'm not at all interested in that slot anymore. I think it was just a little bit of disliking his numbers without explaining why they existed. And in Halloween mafia, his thoughts got better. So I want to see what he does here
His meta matching a game where he was mafia makes your current read better?

I see this has been covered later.
bessie wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:47 am
Wam wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:43 am vote bessie
Nice. Well by the time you read this you will have had 24 hours and almost everyone has posted, so provide your reasons or remove your vote.
Just poking you as town bessie responds as above acum bessie is diffwrnet.

unvote

vote jedi

I was expecting some answer to why only current wagons were viable at that point.

Not votable today no particular order

Bessie, wisp, the worst , math
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

moody7277 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:17 pm
Wisp wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:27 am anyways im going to stop ranting about playstyles, and more so attack the content
But for two things, I might be more upset over this read: being seen as slightly scummy all the time is basically where I live in forum mafia, and I am still reading you as scum and point 1 makes me look like a viable miselim for you. Given my trend in opinion on Jedi, I am amenable to a wagon on him as well.
where do I draw the line on you?
since you were a wolf in Halloween mafia, where u played just like this
send me a town game so I can read it

I don't care that you still think I am a wolf, I don't expect everyone to find me, and my early game always is a hit or miss, especially for new crowds
nothing changes how poor that list was, even given your style of play
that's just a fact, your saving grace was mistaken meta, but I misread that game
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

I mean we can't really discount anyone yet but

vote Suzaku
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Wam, what is my alignment?
patzer

Post by patzer »

Wanted to quickly apologize for not posting more, I’ve been out a lot today but should have time to finish a list of reads tomorrow
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Hmmmm thought experiment.

Everyone here townreads me.
Yet no one is willing to vote Suzaku.
And no one is willing to explain why Suzaku is townread to them.

So short answer Suzaku is scum?
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

SuperJedi224 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:06 pm I mean we can't really discount anyone yet but

vote Suzaku
Correction almost no one
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:49 pm Hmmmm thought experiment.

Who is town reading Suzaku?
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

bessie: asks good questions and interacts with multiple players but that is standard for her and therefore NAI (maybe she would earn half a point on moody's scale, I don't know). However early aggression (or snarkyness or whatever you want to call it) is in my opinion more often coming from town as scum generally wants to avoid getting into fights before knowing the mood of the room. If scum!bessie wanted to replicate this to conform to her meta as a tunneler then I think she would have directed it at a target different from Wisp because she knows he will push back. Because of this I have a town-lean on her.

Madge: I haven't played with Madge for a very long time because we usually just mod the Halloween game. Her being very independent is nothing new but I don't remember her being so aggressive about it. Her only relevant content is +/- points based on gut check where she already forgot the reason for some of those. I don't think that's enough to make a read.
@Madge: Could you explain what the other reasons for giving me minuses were that weren't negated? Clearly you haven't forgotten those.

MathBlade: I like his push on Suzaku even if I think the premise was false. I don't like this post:
MathBlade wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:44 am Hmmm I don’t like the Bessie wagon given it seems to rely on Suzaku scum and Suzaku isn’t flipped so we don’t know if the premise is true.
1. I didn't get the impression that the wagon on bessie relied on scum!Suzaku
2. But if it really did then he should be comfortable with the wagon given that he is voting Suzaku already so from his pov the premise is likely to be true.
This overall feels like backtracking to me. If MathBlade ever flips scum we should take a closer look at bessie because this could be an early defense of a scummate.
I don't like the 'thought experiment'. If you felt the need to correct yourself about noone voting Suzaku, why did you leave in the hyperbole of everyone townreading you?
These items ping me to a degree where I have a scum-lean on MathBlade.

moody: when I read along Halloween I've liked moody's content even though I knew he was scum. I agree with Wisp that he is giving off similar vibes here, with the addendum that he seems to have more filler content here (possibly because of 'culture clash'). There is nothing so far that strikes me as particularly townie, so mild scum-lean for now.

Morgan: I like that he is showing progression of his reads. Not a fan of his case of bessie because it (understandably) does not take into account her meta. I don't like how he's only interacting (or giving reads) with a few players. I like his stance on lurkers even though I disagree with it. Overall probably a small town-lean.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Wisp wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:15 pm
MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:49 pm Hmmmm thought experiment.

Who is town reading Suzaku?
People starting counter wagons instead of having hopped on.
There was a lot of suspicion yet the wagon didn’t fly.