Songs of Our Times Mafia Signups Thread (13/13)

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
osieorb18

Songs of Our Times Mafia Signups Thread (13/13)

Post by osieorb18 »

Songs of Our Times 13p Role Madness Mafia Signups

Hi y'all. New to these forums but with hearing about the community revival, I figured there might be more interest here than on Smashboards for a 13p role madness game. The game would likely start no earlier than November 16th, with role PMs sent out a day or two earlier.

If interested, please respond here via post or PM, or DM me on Discord at osieorb18#0126.

Also am more than happy to gain a cohost if anyone wants to do so - somitomi

Rules
  • Activity - Players are expected to post 3 content posts per 48 hours and at least 1 content post in the final 24 hours of the Day phase or communicate to me (ideally in private, and ideally beforehand) that they cannot do so. They need not give a reason; if they tell me that they cannot make posts in a certain time period, I consider that to be sufficient. If it's a long enough time period, I will discuss with that player a possible compromise number of posts or potential for replacement. Not communicating until after the fact is handled on a case by case basis, but I am more than understanding that people are human and situations come up. If a player makes 0-1 content posts over 48 hours without communicating to me that they won't be able to post, I am likely to consider them to have abandoned the game thread and therefore seek replacement.
  • OGI/Angleshooting - Players will usually receive one friendly warning for OGI/Angleshooting. If it's more mild and/or clearly unknowing/unintentional, they may receive an additional warning before further moderation is considered. If it's more egregious, or they've already been warned, they will be considered for replacement or modkill. Intentional OGI/Angleshooting is cheating and will be quashed with great prejudice.
  • No Funny Business - No editing or deleting posts without explicit host permission. No cryptography, trust tells, or the like. If you're not sure if a post is okay, ask the host privately.
  • Toxicity - Bigotry and personal attacks do not belong in the game. Similarly to OGI/Angleshooting, if it's more mild and/or clearly unknowing/unintentional, they may receive an additional warning before further moderation is considered. If it's more egregious, or they've already been warned, they will be considered for replacement or modkill. Intentional toxicity is disgusting and will be quashed with great prejudice. Bigotry and direct attacks will usually be handled much more harshly than if a situation just escalates into a nasty argument. Again, we're all human. It happens.
  • Subbing Out - If a player no longer wishes to play, for any reason, I ask only that they please message me privately, rather than trying to get themself removed from the game via any other means. I have always honored such a request and never require reasons. No matter what the reason is for the request, I expect players to stop posting in game threads and chats once they have requested to be removed from the game. Requesting removal is saying "I no longer wish to participate." Participating at that point is trying to eat your cake and own it whole too. It's disrespectful to everyone involved.
  • Post Maximum - To avoid culture clashes, players are expected to keep their postcount within a reasonable margin. There is a loose post maximum of 20 posts per 24 hours. Going a bit above this occasionally is fine (read: doing so with enough regularity may lead to a prod), but there is a strict post maximum of 24 posts per 24 hours. Breaking the strict post maximum will result in a prod the first time, being rolecrushed (becoming vanilla for some amount of time) by the host the second time, and being forcibly replaced or modkilled the third time. I may remove or raise the post maximum at some point during the game (such as when a certain number of players have died).
Setup-Specific Info
  • This is not a bastard game.
  • Setup-gaming and Flavour-gaming will only lead to Osie laughing at you in spec chat. You can assume that mass-claiming will be mechanically unfavourable to the Town.
  • I do not mind if you are not honest about what I have told you in PMs. Keep in mind, though, that my answers to other players questions may contradict what you have said in that case.
  • Players with chats can chat at any time.
  • Vote manipulation has no effect in XyLO.
  • Elimination Deadlines will be 120 hours.
  • Night phases will be 48 hours long. Night phases will be split into 24 hours for action submission and 24 hours for action handling.
  • Some abilities may change a player's target. The affected player will only directly learn of the change of target if they would learn information about their target.
  • Some abilities may cause other players' actions to fail, either via direct prevention or otherwise. The affected player will learn "Your action failed."
  • Some abilities may cause some forms of information in the game to be false. These will never affect role reveals or the original role PM. Acceptable roles include but are not limited to variations on Millers, Godfathers, Framers, Tailors, Lawyers, Ninjas, and Strongmen.
  • Unless stated otherwise, players with chats may chat in them at any time. Players with chats are expected to make at least 2 posts in those chats during the Night phase or communicate with the host that they cannot do so.
  • This game uses "hard majority" majority elimination at greater than 50% of living players during the Day and "soft majority" plurality elimination at 33% or more of living players at the end of the Day. Ties will be resolved by checking who received that number of votes first. Should no player receive either a hard majority of votes during the Day or a soft majority of votes at the end of the Day, no elimination will occur.
  • Players may vote for no elimination to occur.
  • If there is an intentional no elimination for a Day, followed by an intentional no kill for a Night, followed by an intentional no elimination once more for a second Day, then at host discretion, a random town player may become the elimination for the second Day. This rule exists to prevent perpetual MyLO.
  • Actions will follow NAR as well as I can. When it comes down to it, I'm going to be making a decision, and you might not always agree with that decision. Please save concerns until the end of the game.
  • Each phase, one factional action and one non-factional action can be taken.
  • The game will start when all players have adequately responded to their role PMs.
Interest List (/in?):

1. Suzaku
2. moody7277
3. madge
4. Zeniba
5. Wam
6. bessie
7. patzer
8. SuperJedi224
9. the worst
10. Morgan
11. Wisp
12. Sabrar
13. MathBlade
Last edited by osieorb18 on Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:20 am, edited 22 times in total.
moody7277

Re: Flavour TBD 13p Role Madness Mafia Interest/Signups Thread

Post by moody7277 »

Role madness as in lesser known, harder to balance roles? If that is so, you have my attention.
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

13p Role Madness Mafia Interest/Signups

Hi y'all. New to these forums but with hearing about the community revival, I figured there might be more interest here than on Smashboards for a 13p role madness game. The game would likely start no earlier than November 16th, with role PMs sent out a day or two earlier.

If interested, please respond here via post or PM, or DM me on Discord at osieorb18#0126.

Interest List (/in?):

1. Suzaku

I'll bite.
Pronouns: he/him/his
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it.
Some can avoid it. Geniuses remove it.
-- Perlis's Programming Proverb #58, SIGPLAN Notices, Sept. 1982
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

moody7277 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:44 pm Role madness as in lesser known, harder to balance roles? If that is so, you have my attention.
All of the roles are self-created and are not exactly regular mafia roles, though I might be able to describe some of them as a mix of regular mafia roles and modifiers.
madge

Post by madge »

oh i can't say no to this

/in
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Zeniba

Post by Zeniba »

/in please
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Hi, Osie, welcome to the xkcd crowd.
osieorb18 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:59 pm Also am more than happy to gain a cohost if anyone wants to do so.
I've never hosted a game, but I'm interested in trying.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Interest List (/in?):

1. Suzaku
2. Madge
3. Zeniba
4. moody7277
Wam

Post by Wam »

Interest List (/in?):

1. Suzaku
2. Madge
3. Zeniba
4. moody7277
5.wam
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

So is this still maybe going to be a thing, or has interest dried up?
bessie

Post by bessie »

I'm super busy but will play if needed for the game to run (participation level will only be about once per day). If not I will replace.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

moody7277 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:23 pm So is this still maybe going to be a thing, or has interest dried up?
If we can pull together enough people... I can probably get 3-4 randos as well, but I can't get the setup I intended to run reviewed until around the 15th anyways, hence the explicit later start date.
patzer

Post by patzer »

I wasn’t going to think about joining this after the disaster of my last mafia game, but I’ll play if you’re struggling for players.
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

I'll give it a try
madge

Post by madge »

at this point i'd rather we start the secret santa game we normally play in december as that is more meaningful to me personally, but idk if we have anyone interested in modding it
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
the worst

Post by the worst »

osieorb18 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:51 pmrandos
you called? :D
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

madge wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:03 am at this point i'd rather we start the secret santa game we normally play in december as that is more meaningful to me personally, but idk if we have anyone interested in modding it
I thought someone on our Facebook group said they could mod it? Suzaku maybe? If not, I'm happy to step up again. No promises about balance though if I do...! Just read Gojoe, so sounds like this is sorted?

P.S. Sorry for not signing up for this myself - I'll do the Secret Santa game, because tradition, but don't think I can commit to anything else right now.
Sabrar

Re: TBD Mafia Signups Thread (11/13)

Post by Sabrar »

I can /in either to this or Secret Santa but definitely not both.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

My thought is that this will probably go for just about a month or so (You figure in 4 to 5 Day/Night rounds, roughly 8/13 to 10/13 people die), Secret Santa signups can start around Night 2/3 of this game, and then Secret Santa can start immediately when this ends?
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Assuming we get the full 13 players in roughly the next 24 hours, I should be able to send out role PMs by early afternoon on the 15th and be on schedule for the game to start on the morning of the 16th. Only two slots left (and I have 2-3 potential players).
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

/in
Wisp

Re: TBD Mafia Signups Thread (12/13)

Post by Wisp »

Since I can finally officially in
/In

I'm already in the list, but for clarity