2662: "Physics Safety Tip"

This is, technically, an xkcd forum.
ratammer
Gatekeeper

2662: "Physics Safety Tip"

Post by ratammer »

Title text: In general, avoid exposure to any temperatures, pressures, particle energies, or states of matter that physicists think are neat.

What's the opposite of physicists, then (i.e. if they're excited, stand near it)? Art lovers, perhaps?
Diana, madge's ratwife, any pronouns

I'm watching the first episode of all different cartoons!

---

Ya like my gate?
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Re: 2662: "Physics Safety Tip"

Post by The Snide Sniper »

Doctors, maybe?
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
Old Bruce

Post by Old Bruce »

I figured there are two fields of study which produce people who are the opposite of Physicists: Theologians and Psychologists. To be completely honest, I wouldn't stand next to anything that any of them were excited about.
But, another thing that is the opposite of a Physicist is a toddler, I would be happy to stand next to something a toddler is excited about.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Old Bruce wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:12 pm But, another thing that is the opposite of a Physicist is a toddler, I would be happy to stand next to something a toddler is excited about.
I feel like that's a good way to get eaten by a dinosaur or lethally injured by earthmoving equipment...
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Old Bruce

Post by Old Bruce »

somitomi wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:30 pm
Old Bruce wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:12 pm But, another thing that is the opposite of a Physicist is a toddler, I would be happy to stand next to something a toddler is excited about.
I feel like that's a good way to get eaten by a dinosaur or lethally injured by earthmoving equipment...
I don't need any assistance from an excited toddler to get myself consumed by gigantic critters or mangled by massive equipment. But yeah, I didn't quite think that through.